• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koomaster

Lol. Those smug villagers man...Lionel sent me a letter once that was something to the effect of him dreaming about water cascading over my head :/
LOL! That letter sounds amazing. :D
Wish there was a way to take in-game pics of the letters as sometimes neighbors send some really awesome/funny ones like that.

Speaking of pics; here are some from my town this morning...

tumblr_mw074cx9MK1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mw075wW0BH1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Never seen villagers fish off the cliff side before.
Maybe someone told Moe he couldn't do it so he set out to prove them wrong?
Either that or that's his subtle way of telling me to scram from his private fishing spot.

tumblr_mw078nFVmL1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mw079vcqtM1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Nana's Thoughts: Why is Lopez always so weird?

tumblr_mw07bdDPFw1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mw07coVjiw1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Nana's Thoughts: Please Lopez just go away... please go away...

tumblr_mw07dwaBLJ1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mw07fbUu7N1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Nana's Thoughts: Oh god Koo please save me from Lopez!

tumblr_mw07gi11Mu1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mw07hzBBjy1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Nana's Thoughts: Ugh, just close your eyes and think happy thoughts Nana. Lopez will go away soon.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
LOL! That letter sounds amazing. :D
Wish there was a way to take in-game pics of the letters as sometimes neighbors send some really awesome/funny ones like that.

Speaking of pics; here are some from my town this morning...

Yeah, I meant to save that one since it's so ridiculous, but I accidentally got rid of it at one point :(

I love the villager-villager conversations. I have a bunch of pictures of those, but I was always reluctant to post a lot of them since they take up so much space.

Had Saharah today, got another classroom floor and also a chain-link fence if anybody needs either of those.

Koomaster

Yeah, I meant to save that one since it's so ridiculous, but I accidentally got rid of it at one point :(

I love the villager-villager conversations. I have a bunch of pictures of those, but I was always reluctant to post a lot of them since they take up so much space.

Had Saharah today, got another classroom floor and also a chain-link fence if anybody needs either of those.
Yeah I don't post them often but that one cracked me up. Just how Nana kept turning Lopez down in the nicest way possible. Then the end of the conversation where she just closes her eyes like she's inwardly sighing to herself had me laughing when it happened. Poor Lopez.

Lio

Banned
How would you guys describe some villagers in my town?

Phoebe, Doc, Ribbot, Tangy, Purrl, Scoot, Kyle, Limberg, Pinky and Tipper

Ellix

Perfect Pears are on premium in my town (native: cherries), and Redd is visiting with a Scenic Painting (always legit), fake Serene Painting, and fake Beautiful Statue. Additionally there are still leftover Halloween things beside the station for grabs.

Feel free to drop by and cash in. Lemme know.

Note: Gonna leave gates open now but I'll be afk. If I need to add ur FC I'll have to do that later >_<

Linius

Finally back from Paris, had quite a few streetpasses but hardly anyone on New Leaf :(

Used my time on the train to catch up with some of the new catches for this month. Got all three crabs in a row some how. Still looking for that darned cucumber though. Also got that mole cricket. While playing with my headphones I clearly heard the sound it's making at last. First one I encountered walked right into the river though :/

Also started my Mush/Autumn room, it's coming together quite nicely with the furniture I have at hand. Having two Mush Stools is perfect for the TV corner. Also having more Mush Wall Lamps comes in handy. They look damn fine.

Oh and Ellix, I think I have you on my friends list. Gonna come by to sell some pears if you don't mind.

Elija2

Since Swapnote is dead I'll have to start making massive pic dumps here.

JsW55E5.jpg

Out for a friendly walk with Blanche.
rBkXRsN.jpg

Damnit Blanche, don't make things awkward.
YGwCL1U.jpg

That's not helping.

tf55laW.jpg

Check out this loser looking at plants.

SUB8DPz.jpg

Deirdre is a girl gone wild.

yFRZFcj.jpg

Hans got a job welcoming people to the emporium.

KEnBHxp.jpg

It worked well.

Wolfe

Game is trolling me. Five normal mushrooms and not one mush item. Bugger off.

I thought I had this happen to me once but I just missed the mush item one and had an extra spawn (you can still get normal mushroom spawns on stumps outside of the 5 per day for november), try checking for rare mushrooms maybe?

I keep getting the wrong villagers asking to move out, want to get rid of Puddles and Merengue now, wouldn't mind letting Ozzie leave too as Punchy is now the resident Lazy.

Anyone got decent turnip prices right now? My towns at 23 bells per turnip right now and Id like to break even if I can.

Just checked and mine are only at 59 bells per (and it's after noon for me) so I got nothin :(

braves01

Banned
Just checked and mine are only at 59 bells per (and it's after noon for me) so I got nothin :(

Thanks for checking, I already sold them for 23 or whatever. Thankfully, I bought them at 90 and only had about 500k bells worth. Eh, since I'm a bellionaire the 400k loss was only 1% of my net worth.

Ellix

I've been making a moderate attempt at the diving creatures, but still haven't been able to get the two large crabs. No luck spotting a tuna either. Hopefully they still be around in December so I don't need to rush.

I came by Ellix, thanks :)

No problem, and welcome back!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I've been making a moderate attempt at the diving creatures, but still haven't been able to get the two large crabs. No luck spotting a tuna either. Hopefully they still be around in December so I don't need to rush.

No problem, and welcome back!

I'm pretty sure the tuna and the crabs will still be available next month.

Ellix

I'm pretty sure the tuna and the crabs will still be available next month.

Phew, good to know!

tumblr_mw1bjirXoA1sv666jo1_400.jpg

Last week, I sent Wolfgang a pleather vest and was pretty happy with how good it looked on him. But today, when I walked into Re-Tail, I was met with a terrible sight...

tumblr_mw1bjirXoA1sv666jo2_400.jpg

Frogstep

Aw shit. I swore to myself that I was going to listen to K.K. jam tonight but got distracted and missed it. It's been about 3 weeks since the last time I heard him live. I gotta step my K.K. game up, I'm slacking. :\

Oxx

I like visiting a bunch of dream towns and not seeing any animals I have had in my world.

But everyone seems to have Dierdre.

And Pietro is horrifying.

Linius

Was going trough my spreadsheet and I noticed that I completed 22 sets of furniture now. I can complete three more that are only missing one piece each: cabana flooring, Vintage Telescope and a balloon TV. So if anyone got these let me know.

Think I should be able to wrap up the fish set during the next tourney. Need two more items from the Sweets set, waiting for Gracie to stock the lamp and sofa. Golden set needs a lot of work, still eight items to go. I do have one spare though (golden carpet) so if anyone else got spares, hit me up to trade. And obviously Harvest and Mush will both be done by the end of the month. Harvest is going extremely slow though since Emporium refuses to stock me different pieces of furniture. And then a lot more is gonna hit us next month with a new Gracie set (after the Gracie sales) and all these winter/Christmas themed sets. Think it's also time to check what Saharah stuff I have so I can start searching for those too.

I must say, before buying this game I never expected to have such an extensive catalogue by the end of the year. But Crossing Gaf really makes this game a special experience. And the fact that the looks of the game change as the seasons pass together with the new sets coming in makes it feel like it's a new game every few months.

bjork

I started making a gold set and then stopped because I sorta don't like it. I have a bench, two chairs, a... man? It's a pole with fire on top, and I *think* it's called a wardrobe, but a cabinet like that.

I need a pirate sword to finish the scallop/pascal set, and the only other things I'm looking for are the modern set. I've only had 3-4 of those items appear in all this time.

Pyrokai

Is there anything special to do with the regular mushrooms? I've been hoarding them and don't know what to do with them LOL.

Also, my big tree shrunk! I can't believe it! Did anyone else experience this? I think it might be because I didn't play for a week and a half but I don't know.

Also, before I knew I wasn't going to play for a while, I enacted the Keep my town beautiful ordinance. However a lot of my flowers were all great out still. Does this just prevent them from dying but not drying up?

Also I need to rant here: I spent a very long time trying to get a villager that I actually liked to move out because she was in an ideal spot for something I wanted to build. She moved out the day before Halloween, so the next day I wasn't actually able to build anything because it was a holiday. Then the following day a new villager moved in and built in the same spot. I was so incredibly pissed. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to build right there :-(

Meier

Hey guys, my wife's town tree shrunk down to two "branches" after being big and full. Has anyone ever encountered this? Is it permanent? She's never time traveled or anything -- it was completely random and she's pretty sad about it.

Also, my big tree shrunk! I can't believe it! Did anyone else experience this? I think it might be because I didn't play for a week and a half but I don't know.

Hey guys, my wife's town tree shrunk down to two "branches" after being big and full. Has anyone ever encountered this? Is it permanent? She's never time traveled or anything -- it was completely random and she's pretty sad about it.

The trees shrunk because it's fall, guys. That's what trees do. :)

Bug net attack him over and over, walk into him until he gets pissed, etc. He'll move eventually. I had him too and it took awhile, but he is gone now.

This can actually prolong their stay. The villager that decides to ask to move every 3-5 days is, largely, random. The most effective way outside of time traveling is to introduce yourself once then ignore them. This at least increases the chance they'll ask to leave.

Meier

The trees shrunk because it's fall, guys. That's what trees do. :)
She looked up a photo and some people's trees had lost leaves but were still the same height. Hers has shrunk and only has two "balls" of leaves as if she'd only been playing for a few weeks or so. Can it do one or the other?

She looked up a photo and some people's trees had lost leaves but were still the same height. Hers has shrunk and only has two "balls" of leaves as if she'd only been playing for a few weeks or so. Can it do one or the other?

The size of the plaza tree and its number of branches depends on hours and days played so it's tricky comparing pictures online. Whether or not its actually shrunk or it appears to have because it's lost its fullness, my tree has just three clumps of leaves remaining and a bare branch. As the season progresses, the leaves will disappear entirely so it's just branches through winter.

The tree will continue to grow as she accumulates more hours/days in-game and the leaves will return in the spring.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Plaza

Meier

The size of the plaza tree and its number of branches depends on hours and days played so it's tricky comparing pictures online. Whether or not its actually shrunk or it appears to have because it's lost its fullness, my tree has just three clumps of leaves remaining and a bare branch. As the season progresses, the leaves will disappear entirely so it's just branches through winter.

The tree will continue to grow as she accumulates more hours/days in-game and the leaves will return in the spring.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Plaza
Yeah, I know how the tree works in general. I checked mine and had it shrunk down to two as well so she feels a bit better. She plays quite a bit (138 hours) so it was at 5 clumps or so. It's down to two (same with me) with no missing leaves and/or empty branches. I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom