• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collete

That is incredible.

Edit: New phone wallpaper.

Haha that's amazing, also found this on tumblr (tumblr is just a field of gold when it comes to finding humorous screenshots)

tumblr_n2sulaa9gh1to1fq2o1_400.jpg

mantidor

My Lucky gave me another picture when he moved out. You're welcome to it if you'd like it. I need to stop hoarding all these extra pictures.

For sure! please, I hate to have lost my Lucky picture to some dumb selecting while recycling items.

Seriously, unique items should have a freaking warning when you are accidentally selling them.

my fc is in my profile I'll add yours and we can exchange when you want.

Unless you partake in some heavy time travel antics, the chances of that happening are very slim. You'll have to have 16 villagers move out, then get lucky enough to get Lucky. You could be up all night doing that. Might be better to grab a pic from somebody here who has extras.

This made me laugh more than it should.

Hey guys, got a new 3DS XL a few weeks ago and I've been completely hooked to ACNL. I've been trying to get all the fruits in the game but so far no luck on peaches and oranges. Would anyone be able to help me out with getting them? I'd really appreciate it. My FC is 0748-3553-1265.

I also had a question about Redd. Is there any fixed time/day that I should look for him in my plaza? I've never once seen him in my game and only once in a friend's game. I read that Nook sells paintings too but I never see any in his shop. Do I need to unlock/upgrade his place?

Hey guys, got a new 3DS XL a few weeks ago and I've been completely hooked to ACNL. I've been trying to get all the fruits in the game but so far no luck on peaches and oranges. Would anyone be able to help me out with getting them? I'd really appreciate it. My FC is 0748-3553-1265.

I also had a question about Redd. Is there any fixed time/day that I should look for him in my plaza? I've never once seen him in my game and only once in a friend's game. I read that Nook sells paintings too but I never see any in his shop. Do I need to unlock/upgrade his place?

Adding you now, my friend code is on my profile.

Edit: Here it is anyway - 3351 4146 0394

My gates are open just to say.

You go up to the top and enter the train station, speak to Porter the monkey and say you would like to take a trip to a faraway land.

Hopefully I come up.

I can see your town but when I try connecting I get the 018-0512 error. This happened to me earlier as well with another friend but putting the 3DS in the DMZ fixed it. Not sure why it's still happening :(.

I've opened my gate, maybe you could try visiting me?

I can see your town but when I try connecting I get the 018-0512 error. This happened to me earlier as well with another friend but putting the 3DS in the DMZ fixed it. Not sure why it's still happening :(.

I've opened my gate, maybe you could try visiting me?

What do you need? Peaches and Oranges?

I'm sorry for the trouble this caused you. Like I mentioned, I ran into this problem earlier with another friend and the only way we could fix it was to put the 3DS into the DMZ of our routers. I wouldn't ask you to do that though.

Hopefully you can get it working again soon.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

It's just random, but once he's there his tent will be there all day. I think he's open from 10 am to some point at night. Nook doesn't sell any paintings, but cranky, uchi, and smug villagers can sometimes. There's more on that in the OP.

789shadow

Banned
Hey Collete, if you're still going for that all horse town and can get Agnes to move, I'll take her off your hands after Anabelle moves on Sunday.

Collete

Hey Collete, if you're still going for that all horse town and can get Agnes to move, I'll take her off your hands after Anabelle moves on Sunday.

I am, you can have Agnes when she asks to leave. But why do you want her? <_<
I didn't think anyone would want her.

Elija2

The last paragraph is interesting.

"I think that the current style, the way Animal Crossing is set up, is definitely catering toward a portable system," Eguchi admits. "But the core concept, the world of Animal Crossing and the concepts involved in it, can be brought to a console just as easily. If we were to make another Animal Crossing for a new console, the thing I would focus on would be how to fully utilize the features of that console, and how to integrate that into the concept and the world of Animal Crossing, to create a new way of playing Animal Crossing."

So they acknowledged that AC is better suited for portables but they're still thinking about new things that they can only do on consoles. Eguchi doesn't specifically mention the Wii U though (he says "new console"), so I'm still wondering if it'll even get an Animal Crossing game.

Collete

The last paragraph is interesting.

So they acknowledged that AC is better suited for portables but they're still thinking about new things that they can only do on consoles. Eguchi doesn't specifically mention the Wii U though (he says "new console"), so I'm still wondering if it'll even get an Animal Crossing game.

Oh they better not put it on the Wii U...I don't even have a TV to use it on T_T

Elija2

I have a couple of stuff to give away to anyone that wants them:

sci-fi wall
summit wall
tweeter

Oh they better not put it on the Wii U...I don't even have a TV to use it on T_T

Well hopefully you'd be able to play it without a TV using Off-TV Play.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I've taken about a four month break from AC, been playing other games. I've been thinking about diving in, but I'm not sure what "goals" I should give myself.

... Maybe doing some bugging, fishing, and fossiling? I feel like I need more to do than that. Maybe replant every tree and flower in town? I dunno, what are some things that you guys have done when you feel like you need something 'else' to do in the game?

Niraj

I've taken about a four month break from AC, been playing other games. I've been thinking about diving in, but I'm not sure what "goals" I should give myself.

... Maybe doing some bugging, fishing, and fossiling? I feel like I need more to do than that. Maybe replant every tree and flower in town? I dunno, what are some things that you guys have done when you feel like you need something 'else' to do in the game?

It really depends. Just think about the aspects of the game that you enjoyed the most, and then center your goals around those. It's kind of counter-productive to set goals for the sake of setting them, if that makes sense. If they arise organically, you'll have a lot more fun in the long run. If you like fishing, maybe go for the gold fishing badge. Maybe you want to see what other people are doing with their towns/houses to inspire you for your own town. Visiting towns in the dream suite might help you out in that regard, and you can aim for that badge at the same time. Maybe you want to get a picture from all your villagers. In which case, you can focus on fulfilling their requests (or wait for April Fool's Day :p). Stuff like that.

milkham

My current goals are mostly about completion.
  • I still don't have all the Public works projects and demolished some I've already built pending the time when I have them all.
  • I'm checking the stores everyday for stuff I haven't cataloged yet.
  • I talk to villagers to see if I can get a picture or find out who's trying to move out today or give me a new PWP.
  • If the island has scavenger hunt i'm getting medals for my medal badge.
  • I've still not cataloged all the gold furniture so i keep looking for gold ore
  • I'm still missing three statues so I pray for redd to show up
  • Gotta gold badge everything before niraj does

Chopper

My current goals are mostly about completion.
  • I still don't have all the Public works projects and demolished some I've already built pending the time when I have them all.
  • I'm checking the stores everyday for stuff I haven't cataloged yet.
  • I talk to villagers to see if I can get a picture or find out who's trying to move out today or give me a new PWP.
  • If the island has scavenger hunt i'm getting medals for my medal badge.
  • I've still not cataloged all the gold furniture so i keep looking for gold ore
  • I'm still missing three statues so I pray for redd to show up
    [*]Gotta gold badge everything before niraj does
Good luck with that.

I dunno, what are some things that you guys have done when you feel like you need something 'else' to do in the game?

Decorating houses and landscaping are my current projects. My mayor's house was completely redone then I started on alt houses. If it's something you like doing, it can keep you occupied for quite some time: 4 houses x 6 rooms each. I've also made a lot of changes on the grounds: planting trees and shrubs, arranging flowers, placing new PWPs, etc..

Meeting new villagers and earning their pictures is more of a long term thing I like to do. I try to keep at least two or three spots in my town available to allow villagers to come and go after spending a few months with them.

And, like milkham said, I check my shops every day for the items I'm still missing from my catalog though I don't think the Nooks or Ables are ever going to carry any of this stuff. :/ I also try to go to the island a few times a week for the Club Mortimer things I'm still hunting. (Cabana Wall and Tropical Vista actually exist, right?)

Doing these things a little at a time means I always have something I could be doing whenever I have the time/inclination. My best advice is not to force it though. Think about what you enjoy and do that. :)

milkham

oh waaaaat gaston just sold me his sloppy bed for 310 bells, i thought that was one of those things he wouldn't part with

Just wanted to thank the guys and girls in this thread for helping me out again - Niraj, Collete and milkham, you guys are awesome :D

Does anybody have a Pavé end table and/or a Pavé bed they could trade/sell? Let me know :)

Niraj

Just wanted to thank the guys and girls in this thread for helping me out again - Niraj, Collete and milkham, you guys are awesome :D

No problem :)

Anyone available for signatures?

There's also a legit wistful painting at Redd's if anyone wants it.

Niraj

Still need help?

EDIT: got legit famous painting and mystic statue.

I just got it taken care of, thank you though :)

Does anyone have the following articles of clothing:

floral knit tee
caveman tank dress
pop bloom dress
gumdrop dress
headkerchief

Those are the only non-DLC clothing I need to catalog. Just let me know what you would like in return.

Chopper

I just got it taken care of, thank you though :)

Does anyone have the following articles of clothing:

floral knit tee
caveman tank dress
pop bloom dress
gumdrop dress
headkerchief

Those are the only non-DLC clothing I need to catalog. Just let me know what you would like in return.
I'm pretty sure I have those. Let me check...

Edit: Yup. Got them all. Ordered.

And that's great timing. They'll be here in ten minutes. I'll open my gates on top of the hour!

In return? I guess you could help me fill a few gaps!

Niraj

I'm pretty sure I have those. Let me check...

Edit: Yup. Got them all. Ordered.

And that's great timing. They'll be here in ten minutes. I'll open my gates on top of the hour!

In return? I guess you could help me fill a few gaps!

Great, thanks. Just let me know what I can order for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom