• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

The hardest part of April Fool's is being able to tell who is talking. My character is always in the way so I can't tell. I've been going around and standing behind to make it easier. Then I go to Rolf's house and he has crap piled up so I can't do anything but stand right in the middle.

It is a bittersweet moment getting Limberg's picture. He's moving in a few days and I was thinking I'd get it then. But I'll take it right now. He's gone on and on the past few days about sticking with him a few days more. :(

The hardest part of April Fool's is being able to tell who is talking. My character is always in the way so I can't tell. I've been going around and standing behind to make it easier. Then I go to Rolf's house and he has crap piled up so I can't do anything but stand right in the middle.

I had this issue too. Groucho seemingly has no exclamation animations and it was almost impossible to see which of them was talking. Had to refuse the towel thrice before I finally got it.

789shadow

Banned
Is there a good place to get villager pics. I would like to obtain pics for the villagers I've had that I never got them from (T-Bone, Papi, Rocket, Ankha, and Cesar).

Collete

Collete, did you say bye to Boomer yet today? Cause I know once I talk to him, he's gonna bounce...

You are amazing for waiting an hour just for me to say bye to Boomer. Once again, thanks for waiting, I had to leave suddenly for the vet cause I totally forgot about the appointment =_=

Is there a good place to get villager pics. I would like to obtain pics for the villagers I've had that I never got them from (T-Bone, Papi, Rocket, Ankha, and Cesar).

I'll give you one of Ankha's whenever she gives me a spare if ya want?

Zero_IYAD

tumblr_n3d85vwU2m1srgzyyo1_400.jpg

tumblr_n3d87hC3ME1srgzyyo1_400.jpg

tumblr_n3d89iimIB1srgzyyo1_400.jpg

tumblr_n3d8llaB8m1srgzyyo1_400.jpg

April Fools in AC is awesome, especially for a picture hound like me. One of my favorite events in New Leaf, for sure.

I guessed all the... wafflehangers, so I should be getting Blanca's sweet, sweet picture in the mail tomorrow.

The only sad part is now that I have everyone's picture, it's time to let some people leave... ;_;

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Game is going to hate me for traveling back to April Fools in a few days time. Well not be surprised if I lose someone else.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It took over a month, but the museum model finally was for sale today.

It was also Tammi's birthday today.

zlCfzRuVTsAua1kH-C

I wasn't surprised to see Lionel there as well, considering their past:

tumblr_mqxr4kOVop1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mqxr7tgulo1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mqxr7tgulo1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

Boomer is an odd one. He apparently wants to set up shop closer to ReTail much closer than Isabelle would EVER let me set up a house or PWP to anything. It's not a horrible spot... not the best either... but I'll deal.

Bam told me he wants to move today. I'm okay with it. He's been in my town forever. Yesterday was actually the fourth picture he's given me. He plans on taking off on the 6th if anyone is into a sporty blue deer.

Frogstep

Look's like it's a day for movers. Del has decided to move out on the 5th. With the addition of Camofrog, who is also a cranky AND a frog, I was ok with Del wanting to leave. :p

My first new villager is moving in soon. Monique. For some reason her house is right next to my town hall and that bugs me :(

I'm in a similar predicament. Nana just moved in but she just had to position her house in a section where I wanted to have a new walkway pattern. Why don't they just move to the position where the last neighbour left vacant? :( At least she didn't plant it right smack where I'm developing a park.

Collete

Boomer is an odd one. He apparently wants to set up shop closer to ReTail much closer than Isabelle would EVER let me set up a house or PWP to anything. It's not a horrible spot... not the best either... but I'll deal.

Bam told me he wants to move today. I'm okay with it. He's been in my town forever. Yesterday was actually the fourth picture he's given me. He plans on taking off on the 6th if anyone is into a sporty blue deer.

To be honest, Boomer told me several times he spied on people baking desserts and creeps on people's houses a lot to get a peek...So she's probably stalking the Retail lady...I hope Cyrus doesn't notice this affair.

Oxx

Bam was the last one to leave my town.

It might even have been a week since it happened and he hasn't been replaced yet. I usually pick up new villagers pretty quickly.

Labrys

for everyone with villager placement troubles --

1. On the day you're expecting a new villager, make a new character (doesn't work if you already have 3 + mayor)

2. Once you get off the train look for the new villager's plot placement. If this is bad, reset and repeat 1 and 2

3. If the villager placement is satisfactory, talk to Isabelle and Tom Nook and get a tent made. You can either choose to keep this resident or delete them after this is done. Get a tent made and talk to Isabelle to save.

4. Once this is done, save + quit, and go into your Mayor. The villager house will be where it was on the other character and you won't have to worry about it getting placed in parks or near town hall.

for everyone with villager placement troubles --

1. On the day you're expecting a new villager, make a new character (doesn't work if you already have 3 + mayor)

2. Once you get off the train look for the new villager's plot placement. If this is bad, reset and repeat 1 and 2

3. If the villager placement is satisfactory, talk to Isabelle and Tom Nook and get a tent made. You can either choose to keep this resident or delete them after this is done. Get a tent made and talk to Isabelle to save.

4. Once this is done, save + quit, and go into your Mayor. The villager house will be where it was on the other character and you won't have to worry about it getting placed in parks or near town hall.

Yeah, I knew about the placement trick... I just rather roll with it and deal. I control so much of my town already. Little randomness won't hurt me. :)

Elija2

Now that I've got Tammy and Goldie's pictures I can let them move out.

Do you still have an extra Bob? I had him in my City Folk town and always wanted him in New Leaf but it hasn't happened yet...

Yep! Bob was one of my original New Leaf villagers so I have a bunch of his pics. Let me know when you're around to pick it up.

Now that I've got Tammy and Goldie's pictures I can let them move out.
Haha, this is how I feel with Hopper, Lucha, and Vladimir. April Fools was a nice surprise.

Also, now I can catch the Snail this month! I missed it last time around. I could have gotten it in the Island, but eh.

Frogstep

Oh, speaking of catches..

BVDgeea.jpg
Dy3ek3l.jpg

Finally caught the last fish I needed for my encyclopedia and museum. That guppy completely eluded me.

Chopper

I had an AC celebrity over tonight. Liquefy popped over to pick up a couple of spare pics.

XsodcOO.jpg

2rhUBoK.jpg

My girlfriend did not understand how exciting this was.

Elija2

Redd is selling a legit serene painting in my town if anyone wants to buy it.

I also have a premium on perfect apples if anyone wants to sell their stash.

I had an AC celebrity over tonight. Liquefy popped over to pick up a couple of spare pics.

XsodcOO.jpg

Pfft, he doesn't even have a gold shovel. Some celebrity he is.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Blaire lives right below me so I'm often greeted by her when I start a game. Luckily it was her that wanted to move so I've got that problem sorted for now.

Edit: AC celebrities!?

789shadow

Banned
Roto13 did this, and basically found out/figured out that you didn't get ore with the golden shovel and I've noticed as well as I have not knocked out any ores from my rocks except for the daily ore rock. So gonna swap the golden shovel for a silver one when I can be bothered to use my alt XD.
Well now I'm never buying fertilizer again.

Elija2

Roto13 did this, and basically found out/figured out that you didn't get ore with the golden shovel and I've noticed as well as I have not knocked out any ores from my rocks except for the daily ore rock. So gonna swap the golden shovel for a silver one when I can be bothered to use my alt XD.

Dang, I didn't know that. I'll never judge anything Liquefy does ever again.

I guess that makes the gold shovel pretty pointless then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom