• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

TThis can actually prolong their stay. The villager that decides to ask to move every 3-5 days is, largely, random. The most effective way outside of time traveling is to introduce yourself once then ignore them. This at least increases the chance they'll ask to leave.

I guess that means I got the joy of swatting that rainbowed freak for a few days longer, but I had no idea it worked like that.

Oxx

Bubbles said Goldie was thinking of moving-out. But Goldie only moved-in 2 weeks ago!

I tried talking to her, but she didn't mention it. It ain't gonna happen, that's for sure.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Bubbles said Goldie was thinking of moving-out. But Goldie only moved-in 2 weeks ago!

I tried talking to her, but she didn't mention it. It ain't gonna happen, that's for sure.

Just save and quit and head straight for Goldie. She'll likely ping and then tell you she's moving.

In other news, got another mush stool today, but at least got a new harvest item, the bed. Anyone available to let me grab signatures?

Koomaster

Just save and quit and head straight for Goldie. She'll likely ping and then tell you she's moving.

In other news, got another mush stool today, but at least got a new harvest item, the bed. Anyone available to let me grab signatures?
Tanning on the island but I'm done for the day. I will head back to town and open my gates.

Koomaster

Yeah, I know how the tree works in general. I checked mine and had it shrunk down to two as well so she feels a bit better. She plays quite a bit (138 hours) so it was at 5 clumps or so. It's down to two (same with me) with no missing leaves and/or empty branches. I guess we'll see.
I think some towns change at a different rate than others, including the plaza tree. So in a few days a couple more of us will probably be down to two branches maybe.

I was at 5 bushels of leaves, then it dropped down to 3, and today when I turned it on I am at 2 and a half w/3 branches. Did either of your towns experience that a few days prior or did they just drop to 2 branches without the other steps?

Linius

I believe I have a Vintage Telescope, what do you have to offer? I'm looking for any special furniture.

Just list me some stuff you're looking for, that's easier for me. I have some spare paintings, Katie items, a spare Saharah floor I think and more unorderable stuff. Or loads of orderable stuff ranging from complete sets to DLCs from different regions.

Just list me some stuff you're looking for, that's easier for me. I have some spare paintings, Katie items, a spare Saharah floor I think and more unorderable stuff. Or loads of orderable stuff ranging from complete sets to DLCs from different regions.
Katie's pic or sketchbook would be ok.

Naming a few paintings:

Dynamic
Basic
Perfect
Nice
Moving
Common
Jolly
... etc.

Niraj

Nah. Villagers moving in and out have never affected my perfect town status. Talk to Isabelle while she's standing at the counter and she'll tell you the reason.

When Elise moved out, I lost perfect town status. I think it might be if you have a small number of trees/flowers/pwp or something when a villager moved out. I built a pwp and it was fine the next day.

Muffy is moving in, not sure if want.

D: I'm so sorry

Thanks for letting me crash you town this morning, Koo. I've processed all their applications, gave them a 500k Bell spending limit, and set everyone's APR to 27% except for Gloria. I set her's at 32%.

Also, Niraj... great paper hat. :)

Niraj

Nope :(

Thanks for letting me crash you town this morning, Koo. I've processed all their applications, gave them a 500k Bell spending limit, and set everyone's APR to 27% except for Gloria. I set her's at 32%.

Thanks! Sorry if whatever you were saying when I left was directed towards me. I selected the option to head back pretty much exactly when I saw the latter half of it.

Koomaster

Do I get a small % whenever they charge something to the cards? Sort of like a finder's fee, they are my villagers after all. And I did let you scam... I mean let you offer them awesome new credit cards.

Nope :(

Thanks! Sorry if whatever you were saying when I left was directed towards me. I selected the option to head back pretty much exactly when I saw the latter half of it.
IIRC when you left she was talking about she was saving her extra mushroom furniture items for the end of the month. I guess to see who still needed what in terms of trading/gifting.

Frogstep

Do you guys sometimes have trouble finding that last 5th mushroom? I've looked around every tree like 5 times, going fucking crazy here. D:

Marvie_3

Banned
Muffy is moving in, not sure if want.

looooooooooooooool

Dierdre moved into my town today. :D

Do you guys sometimes have trouble finding that last 5th mushroom? I've looked around every tree like 5 times, going fucking crazy here. D:

Sometimes I've only been able to find 4 as well. There aren't many places they can actually grow in my town but I still have trouble finding it for some reason.

Guys, I just got my Police Station. Is there any downside for ...well claiming EVERYTHING they put up in lost and found? Also, I'm assuming if I find a lost item now, I can just take it there as opposed to go around town asking everyone?

Elija2

Guys, I just got my Police Station. Is there any downside for ...well claiming EVERYTHING they put up in lost and found? Also, I'm assuming if I find a lost item now, I can just take it there as opposed to go around town asking everyone?

You can take whatever you want from the lost and found. And unfortunately you still need to go around town looking for the owner if you find a lost item.

Niraj

IIRC when you left she was talking about she was saving her extra mushroom furniture items for the end of the month. I guess to see who still needed what in terms of trading/gifting.

Ah ok, gotcha. That's surprisingly normal from her.

I honestly haven't even been counting. Just look until I find the furniture, then don't really bother.

No downside. And no on the lost item, you still have to find the villager :(

Oxx

Forcing you to talk to all your villagers is a smart tactic by the developers, but it's annoying if you have already spoken to all of them before finding the lost item.

Frogstep

I honestly haven't even been counting. Just look until I find the furniture, then don't really bother.(

The 5th one has usually ended up being the furniture one for me the majority of the time, which kind of sucks cause I also don't care once I find the furniture mushroom. :\

Koomaster

Lost items so rarely appear (like once a week or less?) that I don't find it a bother. I tend to talk to everyone a few times throughout the day anyway. If it were everyday it might get annoying but every once in a while I do not mind.

ameleco

So guys, since so many games have been coming out, I haven't played animal crossing in months. So my plan, then, is to just replay the important dates (read: holidays) over the past few months to catch up. I think I'll do it around Thanksgiving since I'll finally have a huge chunk of free time to play it. I hate how every animal crossing I always play ends up coming down to this :( Does anyone else ever play it like this?

Wolfe

So guys, since so many games have been coming out, I haven't played animal crossing in months. So my plan, then, is to just replay the important dates (read: holidays) over the past few months to catch up. I think I'll do it around Thanksgiving since I'll finally have a huge chunk of free time to play it. I hate how every animal crossing I always play ends up coming down to this :( Does anyone else ever play it like this?

I think I might have missed a few weeks at one point but surprisingly enough I've been playing it pretty regularly since it came out.

Niraj

I've got a friend who was out of the country for a couple months who's doing the same thing.

Lio

Banned
Can I buy bushes from players who doesn't need it? I'm making paths with bushes and QR patterns in Threedi.

Ok, clearing out stuff I no longer need or have dupes of. Up for grabs:

3 x Billion Barrels
2 x Ultra Machines
1 x Green Shell
1 x ? block
1 x Goal Pole
1 x Super Mushroom
1 x Yellow Pikmin hood
1 x Hero's Cap

All unorderable stuff. Please grab it, anything not claimed by tomorrow night gets trashed.

Mephala

tumblr_midwznAPCv1rlg0ybo1_500.png

Penelope is in boxes. TT__TT
Anyone up for giving her a good home?

bjork

Forcing you to talk to all your villagers is a smart tactic by the developers, but it's annoying if you have already spoken to all of them before finding the lost item.

What's worse is when you have the lost item, but one of your neighbors is a late riser and you don't play that late due to life. Cherry was constantly losing shit and she didn't get up til like 11 am or noon.

Do I get a small % whenever they charge something to the cards? Sort of like a finder's fee, they are my villagers after all. And I did let you scam... I mean let you offer them awesome new credit cards.

You could always give them a second line of credit, Koo. :p

And yeah, all my mush stuff I'm saving till the end of the month and what extras I'll just give out to people who need um. Maybe I'll need something... who knows. *chuckles* And if not, I'll just litter re-tail with the extras and make all my villagers buy mushroom stuff.

Niraj

Pic dump from...the past month I guess:

tumblr_mugqlwPmZo1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

:/

tumblr_mw3yi1qOMw1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

They're not amused.

tumblr_mw3yjnDoby1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Said the hamster.

tumblr_mw3ylgoZzE1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

Grumpily hanging with Wolfe and Linius on Explorer's Day...

tumblr_mw3ylgoZzE1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

...and Isabelle too :)

tumblr_mw3yphQZJG1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mw3yphQZJG1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Basking in that double hamster glory

tumblr_mw3yqkrkF61sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Ankha gets panicky in a crisis

tumblr_mw3yrytDAL1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Talk about a disaster D:

tumblr_mw3yxwQQnV1sw5rnlo8_400.jpg

That book title cracks me up. Also, she's gone :D

tumblr_mw3z9vnpJj1sw5rnlo4_400.jpg
tumblr_mw3z9vnpJj1sw5rnlo5_400.jpg

tumblr_mw3z9vnpJj1sw5rnlo6_400.jpg
tumblr_mw3z9vnpJj1sw5rnlo7_400.jpg

Old man Groucho got a little older the other week.

tumblr_mw3zkffRXC1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Said sitar is currently for sale at re-tail -_-

tumblr_mw3zn7w24c1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mw3zn7w24c1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mw3zn7w24c1sw5rnlo3_400.jpg
tumblr_mw3zn7w24c1sw5rnlo4_400.jpg

tumblr_mw3zn7w24c1sw5rnlo5_400.jpg
tumblr_mw3zn7w24c1sw5rnlo6_400.jpg

tumblr_mw3zn7w24c1sw5rnlo7_400.jpg

And then she just waddled off into the sunset.

tumblr_mw3zsnFUyN1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

I hear that.

tumblr_mw3ztkKPE91sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Dancing the night away at Jacques' place.

tumblr_mw3zv2ffZm1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

For some reason, this was the only outdoors picture I took during Halloween.

tumblr_mw3zxnmrMU1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

This was the only indoors one. Her face and her choice of phrasing made me laugh.

tumblr_mw3zzbaXve1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mw3zzbaXve1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

maaan

tumblr_mw400ywM9B1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Half the time when I'm swimming past the lighthouse like this, I think it's Phineas up there. I'm ashamed to admit that several times I've gotten out of the water to check, only to realize that I'm just being stupid again.

Frogstep

tumblr_mw3ztkKPE91sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Dancing the night away at Jacques' place.

Man, I'm pretty bummed that I kind of ruined the inside of Jacques' house in my town. One of his couches got accidentally replaced and a lot of the stuff he had in the back is gone.

Still trying to fix it up, but it'll never be the cool bachelor/house party pad it once was. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom