• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Man, I'm pretty bummed that I kind of ruined the inside of Jacques' house in my town. One of his couches got accidentally replaced and a lot of the stuff he had in the back is gone.

Still trying to fix it up, but it'll never be the cool bachelor/house party pad it once was. :\

He just got rid of his xylophone for a teacher's desk that I delivered him :(

Anyone reason to hold onto mushrooms? Are they for Thanksgiving?

Three each of skinny, round, and flat. Otherwise, just sell/eat them.

Koomaster

tumblr_mw3ztkKPE91sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
That red eyed monkey is freaking me out.

Koomaster

I've played 500+ hours without encountering Pascal. I may never see him at this point.
Have you guys been diving for scallops? Because that's the only way you will see Pascal. All you have to do is catch one and he'll show up right as you're holding it asking if he can have it.

Niraj

That red eyed monkey is freaking me out.

lol. She just gets really excited.

Getting that end table with the laptop on top of it that was next to the turntables replaced was the biggest hurt for me. :<

Oh damn, I didn't even have one of those :/ there's a laptop and a butterfly on the teacher's desk now though.

I've played 500+ hours without encountering Pascal. I may never see him at this point.

Just don't dive much?

braves01

Banned
He just got rid of his xylophone for a teacher's desk that I delivered him :(

Three each of skinny, round, and flat. Otherwise, just sell/eat them.

No need for rares then? I've got a couple I want to sell while they're still going for a premium at retail.

Oxx

Weird. I've been diving a decent amount.

I even have bronze diver and silver seafood.

And scallop in my encyclopaedia.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If people just want to catalogue the pirate set I'm willing to set it up whenever we have a cataloguing event in the future.

Pascal is time boxed too, correct? I usually dive at night, and only found him the one time while diving during the day for November catches.

Pascal is time boxed too, correct? I usually dive at night, and only found him the one time while diving during the day for November catches.

No, he's not. As long as it's not a holiday and you don't have a full inventory, he'll show up. (The "But your inventory is full" script apparently overwrites the "Pascal senses Scallop" script.)

If people just want to catalogue the pirate set I'm willing to set it up whenever we have a cataloguing event in the future.
nnnnnnn I use. Will keep an eye on this thread.

By the way, I ABSOLUTELY NEED:

Ankylo skull
Megacero torso

Name your price or some fossils you need, let's trade people!

Niraj

Ankylo skull
Megacero torso

I sold a Megacero torso today :/ I'll try to remember and set them aside if I get them.

Wolfe

So it looks like the next villager to go will be puddles! *high five*

If anyone wants her I'll post up again when I find out the exact date she's leaving, then I just need to get rid of merengue and I'll be pleased for the time being.

Ellix

Ankylo skull
Megacero torso

I can give you a Megacero Torso if you don't mind letting me solicit your villagers for signatures when I come by! :p (My villagers have been on a roll with the sigs these past two weeks)

Koomaster

Hahaha! I am a successful animal profiler!

... and you are a beast, Koo. Gracie doesn't have SHIT on you. Really wish I could save them as an outfit and not as a pattern.
Haha, thanks! :D

And yeah it would be nice to just have them be clothes that you could trade or whatever instead of only patterns. But even so I suppose the game would have to set some sort of limit or you could just collect clothes from all over and it would have to remember all those designs.

Niraj

Still got Katie in my town if anyone is around. Haven't seen her in a really long time, kind of surprised me.

Give me a few min and I'll hop on for you

Edit: I'm open, so just hop over whenever. Might be afk though.

Niraj

Sounds good. It'll just be a quick drop. :eek:

edit: Thanks again! Next time I'll surely stay longer and see what you've done with your town, been a while since my last long visit. :p

I haven't really done anything lol.

Thanks bluepolicebox for the last statue I needed :D <3

Wolfe

Finally filled my vacant space with someone, and it was someone I wanted too. (Rocket) My superhero set has officially started. :)

Right on, I really love some of the themed villagers.

Also Puddles is officially leaving on the 14th just in case anyone is interested, I believe she's a peppy frog (well I know for a fact she's a frog I'm just unsure about the peppy part, but I'm pretty sure).

It'll be nice having an open spot to fill again, Carmen looks cool too... eh Niraj ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
Right on, I really love some of the themed villagers.

Also Puddles is officially leaving on the 14th just in case anyone is interested, I believe she's a peppy frog (well I know for a fact she's a frog I'm just unsure about the peppy part, but I'm pretty sure).

It'll be nice having an open spot to fill again, Carmen looks cool too... eh Niraj ;)

Carmen is awesome.

Koomaster

Well I feel like a fool. ~____~

All of my bamboo plants produced bamboo shoots today so I dug them all up as I normally do since I do not want them to spread. Then proceeded to walk around town finding the mushrooms and fossils as well.

Normally i would sell things before heading to mainstreet to go shopping, but I forgot. As I was trying to buy something I got the inventory full message. So I got to thinking to myself; 'Man, they should make bamboo shoots stackable like fruit.... You know... I never tried to stack them, wouldn't it be funny....' O____O

'BAMBOO SHOOTS ARE STACKABLE?!?!?!' I scream to the heavens yet silently to myself in reality.

tumblr_mw5qlzV6ni1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

How did I never know this?! ~____~

In other news my town bulletin board predicts snow flurries starting soon. Excite!
Also my Re-Tail wants perfect cherries today. My native fruit is orange. So cash dollar bells to be made if you have perfect cherries.

bjork

No, he's not. As long as it's not a holiday and you don't have a full inventory, he'll show up. (The "But your inventory is full" script apparently overwrites the "Pascal senses Scallop" script.)

Being unable to access inventory while swimming makes me unreasonably annoyed.

On the Pascal note, I discovered last night if you're too close to the shore, he won't show up. Got two scallops and didn't see him but then the third one I caught further out and he popped up. So something else to be mindful of besides the inventory, holiday, and if your town is open or not (because he won't show up then either as far as I know).

It's weird because bamboo and mushrooms both count as fruit, but you can't stack mushrooms.

Not being able to stack like mushrooms I thought was weird too. I'm giggling at the bamboo thing - only because it sounds like something I'd do.

On a diving note, are you guys having better luck diving for crabs during the day? Managed to get my mole cricket and football fish last night (after Chadder asked me for one and I didn't even have it in my museum yet so I had to catch two of them) but I was striking out on crabs again. Was trying around 10 p.m. and probably was at it for a good 45 minutes. :/

Frogstep

On a diving note, are you guys having better luck diving for crabs during the day? Managed to get my mole cricket and football fish last night (after Chadder asked me for one and I didn't even have it in my museum yet so I had to catch two of them) but I was striking out on crabs again. Was trying around 10 p.m. and probably was at it for a good 45 minutes. :/

I was lucky to get two of the three crabs within minutes but the last one took me roughly 2 hours or so... I think I was diving for those at around the same time, maybe close to 11- 11:30 pm.

Niraj

I only tried during the day and didn't have much issue. Found a ton of horsehair and red king crab, but the snow crab took a little longer.

On the Pascal note, I discovered last night if you're too close to the shore, he won't show up. Got two scallops and didn't see him but then the third one I caught further out and he popped up. So something else to be mindful of besides the inventory, holiday, and if your town is open or not (because he won't show up then either as far as I know).

Not being able to stack like mushrooms I thought was weird too. I'm giggling at the bamboo thing - only because it sounds like something I'd do.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that if you don't give him space to do his pop-up animation, he also won't spawn. (He's such a diva.)

And I managed to get the horsehair crab at 11 PM yesterday. I got Red King Crabs all throughout the day, and didn't manage to catch a snow crab. (Mostly because they're fast bastards and every time I almost caught one, they'd despawn.) However, I have caught a snow crab before, so...not too pressing for me. (I mostly crab hunted while farming for all of the diving animals I'd need for the Harvest Festival.)

dafuq? Bubbles who moved out of my town months ago decided to just pay a visit to main street. Listen, you useless piece of shit! You were banished and told never to return! GTFO!

Linius

All your ex villagers will pop up there. And even stay there :(

Oh guys, I have an open spot in my town so if anyone has a cool wolf villager leaving I'd love to know.

Eudamonic, you had that painting for me right? Let me know if you're available tonight so I can pick it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom