• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogstep

Whenever I shook my trees looking for eggs and got a beehive surprise instead I would just save and continue to prevent facial mutilation. :p

Is it possible to get the deep sea egg without a wet suit? I went to the island for a while but no eggs were popping. I don't even know how to get a wet suit, haven't spent much time swimming.

Roto13

tumblr_n4ck3sncEu1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

tumblr_n4ck5eJQWp1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

tumblr_n4ck6xk3Y01qj6bjco1_400.jpg

Even the characters that only show up once a year are amazing.

Make sure you try talking to Zipper with his back to the camera. ;)

Is it possible to get the deep sea egg without a wet suit? I went to the island for a while but no eggs were popping. I don't even know how to get a wet suit, haven't spent much time swimming.

Deep sea eggs can only be found in your town. Wet suits are obtained on the island for tour medals. The stock on your island and the Club Tortimer islands rotates.

Velcro Fly

Zipper's pic is like the gag gift that keeps on giving. Going to send some of these extras out to my villagers and see what they do with them.

Alright, finally found everything. If anyone is unlucky and needs Zipper's picture, I've got some extra grand prize items lying about.

Lots of Silent Hill vibes...yep.

conspiracy.jpg

This thread is awesome. I was going crazy because I didn't have a wet suit and Tortimer's Island didn't have one in stock, but read that by getting Tort's Club Membership, I could hop into a multiplayer island and have a chance at buying a wetsuit.

Played enough games to earn the last coins I needed for a membership, then played the Cicada-Catching Tour until I could get 8 within 2:30, then spend the other half farming stacks of fruit. Earned a bunch of bells and in only 5/6 games earned the medals.

Back to town, farmed all the earth/tree/water/rock eggs I could find, only had a few sky, then with the wetsuit farmed another 5 deep sea eggs. Already into my second set of furniture.

Bought about 20 stacks of turnips at 99 per. Hoping to clean up later this week, lol.

Thank you, thread. :'D <-- (tears of joy)

Chopper

What an exhausting Animal Crossing day. I've been busy enough (and massively hungover) in real life, so finding the time to reset for Ankha's house spot was tricky.

After about 3 hours of resetting(!), I finally settled on a spot I was happy with, and only then was able to start on egg hunting.

I enjoyed this event. It made all the difference not having to rely on your villagers for anything, and I found cleaning up the town, digging up the eggs and smashing all those rocks up, pretty therapeutic. I'm pleased I only had to dive once, and one of my cedars provided the only tree egg I needed. Fishing provided the rest of my eggs, which would have been fine if it weren't for the ridiculous number of candies I was getting.

Now that the Egg set is complete, I only need the Cool Globe from Nature Day (which is in a couple of days?), the Gracie set and a couple of Museum bits. Exciting.

Speaking of which, will I get my pondskater soon?!

Collete

What an exhausting Animal Crossing day. I've been busy enough (and massively hungover) in real life, so finding the time to reset for Ankha's house spot was tricky.

After about 3 hours of resetting(!), I finally settled on a spot I was happy with, and only then was able to start on egg hunting.

I'm sorry she gave you so much trouble D:
She gave me a lot of trouble when I had her as well. She put her house smack dab in the middle of my flower field, if it's any condolences =_=

Zipper is going to murder me in my dreams.

On that note, if you wanted to gather eggs to turn your town into a nightmare Bunnyville for people to visit, this is the time to do it.

Chopper

I'm sorry she gave you so much trouble D:
She gave me a lot of trouble when I had her as well. She put her house smack dab in the middle of my flower field, if it's any condolences =_=
It's well worth it. Fortunately, I don't find resetting nearly as boring as I should!

Acid08

Banned
Pretty fun event, Zipper is a nightmare though. Have four pictures of that creep right now.

Edit: Make that five.

Edit 2: SIX NOW

Edit 3: Having six of something is super lame, good think I got a seventh. The coolest amount to have of anything.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Pretty fun event, Zipper is a nightmare though. Have four pictures of that creep right now.

Edit: Make that five.

Edit 2: SIX NOW

Edit 3: Having six of something is super lame, good think I got a seventh. The coolest amount to have of anything.

7 ain't shit compared to 9

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Guys, my games will get here tomorrow afternoon.

I have less than a day before I die.

Labrys

Managed to get Kyle today, and he's headed over to my boyfriend's town tomorrow! I also got Charlise with the help of a friend.

Didn't manage to finish the eggs though but fuck the eggs

Enthus

So I haven't played this game since August, and took it upon myself to boot it up again for Bunny Day.

Am I a bad person for wanting to time travel back to everything I missed? I missed a lot of cool stuff in those months, and I probably will miss them again this year. I have free time now to do them, though.

Am I a bad person for wanting to time travel back to everything I missed? I missed a lot of cool stuff in those months, and I probably will miss them again this year. I have free time now to do them, though.

Nope, not at all. That's why the time travel mechanic is built right into the game. Jumping backwards for any length of time counts as one day so you can easily go back and play your way through all the fun events you missed at a pace that works for you. No reason to feel bad about it.

Labrys

never mind about fucking eggs i got a sling shot last minute and was able to get the egg basket

zipper hates his job so much and i love him for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom