• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he built the upstairs yet? You probably just have to wait until it exists.

It exists and I've added a bunch of Egg decorations to it. I ordered the room expansion for it, running 498K Bells. I have 480K of those, but when I go the ATM, I only get Deposit & Withdrawal options.

When I go back to talk to him, he's saying "It should be done tomorrow, I bet you're too anxious to sleep, right"? or something similar. I hope I don't have to wait until tomorrow to pay for it. -_-

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It exists and I've added a bunch of Egg decorations to it. I ordered the room expansion for it, running 498K Bells. I have 480K of those, but when I go the ATM, I only get Deposit & Withdrawal options.

When I go back to talk to him, he's saying "It should be done tomorrow, I bet you're too anxious to sleep, right"? or something similar. I hope I don't have to wait until tomorrow to pay for it. -_-

Oh I misunderstood, thought you were building the upstairs. Yeah you'll have to wait until it's actually expanded.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
OK. Time to do the April Fools event. I assume I have to keep saving and quitting to get villagers into their homes.

HA HA. Game is confused because my alt's birthday is "coming up" but also it knows my alts birthday wish so some villagers are telling me about the former and some the later because I've already done that day.

Oh I misunderstood, thought you were building the upstairs. Yeah you'll have to wait until it's actually expanded.

Awesome, thanks! Hate that I have to wait, but that gives me time to hit the Island and catch more sharks. Hoping I get the T&T Mart upgrade tomorrow, then hoping to get Club LOL & Dream Suite within the next couple weeks.

Koomaster

OK. Time to do the April Fools event. I assume I have to keep saving and quitting to get villagers into their homes.
You don't actually. As you keep doing the guessing game with villagers, others will enter the house when it's time to do the guessing game with them.

Eventually you'll get to do it with all the villagers and won't have to restart or anything like that.

Yep the pattern is Talk to Tom Nook about Upgrade -> He Upgrades -> Talk to him about price and he'll tell you where to send payments -> Pay at the post office.

milkham

zlCfzR1gP6ozf9zIpZ

zlCfzR1geY8VZhe0cg

zlCfzR1ggfgtB-WSqv

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Woo. That's April Fools done. Also feels good no one moved during my break. And finally I got my silver streetpass badge.

Collete

How did Phoebe's birthday party turn into a bachelorette party?

It was also Agnes' birthday party yesterday as well. And like both of them were at each other's birthday parties today in my village. It was kinda cute.

Now I'll feel bad when I'll have to tear them apart when they move...=_=

I gave Phoebe a shirt Julian gave me cause I forgot her birthday though D:
Agnes wasn't any better...I gave her white roses I was wearing =_=

“Rather than going into dungeons and fighting monsters, I would go into the neighboring field and go harvest some cotton or mine some ore. I would spend a lot of time doing that. It was starting to affect my personal life, as well. [laughs]. As I got into game development, I realized that I can’t spend all this time playing games if I’m going to try and make games, as well. That was my graduation out of Ultima Online.” - Kyogoku
“Of the recent games I’ve played, I know it’s a different company, but I enjoyed Monster Hunter. With movies like Lord of the Rings, I feel like the archer is the coolest. [laughs] Me, personally, I’m more like a dwarf... I really think playing together with friends is a big element. In order to play with friends, you have to be at a similar level. Because of that, you tend to play a little bit more by yourself to reach that level, so you’re not left behind by your friends. At the same time, just getting together, whether it’s local or wireless or over the Internet, really drives me to play a lot more. It’s a similar way in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.” - Eguchi

The pair also discussed what they see in the future for Animal Crossing.

“It’s hard to say what Animal Crossing is going to look like in 10 years, but I do hope it’s still around and it’s reached out to an even wider range of audience. At the same time, I really hope it stays as franchise that’s both enjoyable to newcomers and people who’ve enjoyed the franchise for all this time.” - Kyogoku
“In 20 [or] 30 years, when the users in that time are playing, I would like to say “when mom and dad were young, we were playing Animal Crossing, too!”. It would be great if we could say something like that. It might actually turn out that I’m more of a grandpa or grandma, but even then, it’d be great to say 'back in my day, we used to play like this!'" - Eguchi

Come on over to Monster Hunter ACGAF ;P
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/as-nintendo-evolved-so-did-animal-crossing/1100-4902/

Wolfe

Panderp

If anyone wants the Earth Day globe I'd be willing to give mine away.

I'm also looking to trade my perfect cherries for other perfect fruit (anything other than peaches).

Koomaster

This is how I feel; and I've written to Nintendo about this issue whenever they send those surveys out for Club Nintendo. Pretty much every time I could talk about AC to Nintendo over the years I have brought this up.

It's just such a pain. Tanning has been around since Wild World and still no option to set a default color for your character. Wild World came out in 2005; so almost 10 years and no progress on this; and honestly I had issues with playing a white character in the first game even before that.

At the very least I can tan year-round now. But it's crazy I have to go to the effort of going to the island every other day and letting my 3DS idle while I get a tan. And really think about it, the game is making me pay (1000 bells for the boat ride) in order to play the race I want. So I'm playing 3k+ bells weekly just to keep up my appearance.

I mean, at the very least add a tanning booth to where I pay but the process is instant and I'm not wasting time on the island. Although really it should be like your hair where it's just a permanent feature until you change it again. Or even make it like what happens when you get bedhead, if you don't play for like 2 weeks you un-tan or something.

I just don't see why Nintendo doesn't address the issue and makes it more difficult than it needs to be.

The oversight with Mii Masks with this game is even worse. If any of you guys have seen Reggie's AC character you know what I am talking about. In City Folk Mii Masks colored your arms and legs to match; but for some reason your arms/legs remain white in New Leaf if you wear a Mii Mask.

Not that Mii Masks are the solution considering you can't wear hats/accessories with a Mii Mask on. Wearing one would segregate you from other players as well since no one wears Mii Masks anyway for that very reason; and they don't really fit the art style of the game.

I want to have faith that this will be addressed in the next game but I have my doubts.

Roto13

So I still need the following to finish my art museum:

Valiant Statue
Famous Painting
Proper Painting
Scenic Painting

And I have the following to give away:

Moving Painting
Perfect Painting
Quaint Painting x2
Scary Painting x2
Wild Painting

This is how I feel; and I've written to Nintendo about this issue whenever they send those surveys out for Club Nintendo. Pretty much every time I could talk about AC to Nintendo over the years I have brought this up.

It's just such a pain. Tanning has been around since Wild World and still no option to set a default color for your character. Wild World came out in 2005; so almost 10 years and no progress on this; and honestly I had issues with playing a white character in the first game even before that.

At the very least I can tan year-round now. But it's crazy I have to go to the effort of going to the island every other day and letting my 3DS idle while I get a tan. And really think about it, the game is making me pay (1000 bells for the boat ride) in order to play the race I want. So I'm playing 3k+ bells weekly just to keep up my appearance.

I mean, at the very least add a tanning booth to where I pay but the process is instant and I'm not wasting time on the island. Although really it should be like your hair where it's just a permanent feature until you change it again. Or even make it like what happens when you get bedhead, if you don't play for like 2 weeks you un-tan or something.

I just don't see why Nintendo doesn't address the issue and makes it more difficult than it needs to be.

The oversight with Mii Masks with this game is even worse. If any of you guys have seen Reggie's AC character you know what I am talking about. In City Folk Mii Masks colored your arms and legs to match; but for some reason your arms/legs remain white in New Leaf if you wear a Mii Mask.

Not that Mii Masks are the solution considering you can't wear hats/accessories with a Mii Mask on. Wearing one would segregate you from other players as well since no one wears Mii Masks anyway for that very reason; and they don't really fit the art style of the game.

I want to have faith that this will be addressed in the next game but I have my doubts.

Yeah, it's pretty silly that you have to go to all that trouble to fake having an avatar that's the same race as you. It should just be something you pick at the beginning of the game and that's that.

Though it would be hilarious to have it assigned to you based on cute little survey questions. "Do you prefer pop music, or jazz?"

Well said. And that article is a great read. The author is certainly spot on about trying to maintain a shade in the middle of the spectrum. I ended up giving up (more than once) last summer.

I, too, hope Nintendo addresses skin tone in the next iteration of the game. Honestly, I'd have no issue with just being presented with a customization screen. And that goes for tossing out the initial face assignment questions and Harriet's maddeningly imprecise sliders. It'd be okay to sacrifice little superficial attempts at immersion in favor of better control over your characters' appearance. They seem stubbornly opposed to adding anything that isn't neatly wrapped up in the world. I've wondered if that's why they haven't added skin tones yet. There just doesn't seem to be a clever way to work it into the current system.

I'd be pretty unhappy to see a tanning booth in these games though. I'd hate to see something so dangerous promoted in games with such a dedicated following of young people who already abuse them.

Some of the clever winks at gender in New Leaf make me hope they'll once again take a step back from their product to question where they can continue to make the experience as open and inclusive as possible.

Koomaster

Well said. And that article is a great read. The author is certainly spot on about trying to maintain a shade in the middle of the spectrum. I ended up giving up (more than once) last summer.
Yeah some weeks I will tan 2-3 days in a row and get super dark and just let my tan fade throughout the rest of the week so I don't have to remember if today is a tanning day or not. It's hard if you want to get in the middle somewhere.

I didn't think about the tanning booth things, I definitely don't want to give kids the wrong idea. I didn't know they were harmful seeing as I naturally don't ever need to use them or worry about tanning in real life. :p

But yeah at this point, just something that lets you choose without any obfuscation on the matter. I don't mind the starting questions for face/hair, but I should be able to choose my skintone or at least change it's default in the game somehow.
On my 4th day, still no fishing pole or watering can. :( Am I missing something?
Have you talked to Isabelle at the town hall and done all her 'quests'? She'll give you advice on things to do, once you complete something she suggests she will suggest something else.

One of the quests she either asks you to catch a bug or a fish. Depending on which she asks, if you talk to her again without the proper equipment she will give you either the net or fishing pole.

At the end of all her quests she gives you the watering can.

Other than that, eventually the store will stock what you need. It's not anything you are doing wrong, it's just the game being random.

So I still need the following to finish my art museum:

Valiant Statue
Famous Painting
Proper Painting
Scenic Painting

And I have the following to give away:

Moving Painting
Perfect Painting
Quaint Painting x2
Scary Painting x2
Wild Painting

I've got a famous painting. Just completed the art section today so don't need anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom