• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna open my town for a hour or so if anyone needs anything. I've already shopped and whatnot so anything you see in the stores is free to pick up. Apples are on special today at ReTail (not the perfect ones). I might not be at my system though so I apologize now if I don't respond.

Elija2

Goldie wanted to move out of my town too. Told her it's never gonna happen. Her, Groucho and probably Tammy are permanent residents of the town until a nuclear holocaust wipes it away.

Yeah, I would have kept Goldie but I already have Tia for a normal villager and I want to rotate someone out. Goldie is great and all, but she doesn't compare to Tia.

789shadow

Banned
I'm gonna open my town for a hour or so if anyone needs anything. I've already shopped and whatnot so anything you see in the stores is free to pick up. Apples are on special today at ReTail (not the perfect ones). I might not be at my system though so I apologize now if I don't respond.
I'll pop over for signatures.

Marvie_3

Banned

I'm going to come over and thumb through all of your magazines and books.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I added you to my friends list. Could you add my FC as well?

0104 - 0433 - 9423

Labrys

FYI: The round and square topiaries are not 1x1 as previously reported. They're 2x2. The tulip is 2x1.

Round/Square are definitely 1x1
tumblr_n4pfknY1Hk1r79ze4o1_400.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
I cleaned out a large portion of my friends list because I wasn't sure who half the people were anymore. If I deleted you by mistake, let me know and I'll re-add you.

I added you to my friends list. Could you add my FC as well?
I need to go out and get lunch now but I'll add you when I get back!
I'll pop over for signatures.
Oh good! You were who I had in mind when I was gonna open. Just didn't know if you had your sigs yet.
I'm going to come over and thumb through all of your magazines and books.
Hope that's all you thumbed while in my town. O.O
I cleaned out a large portion of my friends list because I wasn't sure who half the people were anymore. If I deleted you by mistake, let me know and I'll re-add you.
I'll need to do that again soon myself. I'm back up to 80 on my friend's list. I wish you could make notes when you add someone so you know who/why you added them.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

I need to do that too. I'm always very close to full :(

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Is ingame weather somehow connected to real world weather?

The past couple days that it's been raining, it's rained in my game...

Wolfe

I got mine down to 25 again. It was at 92. :/

Hah I was in the 90's when I decided to do some weeding, I think I'm still at like 60 or 70 @_@

Yeah, it would definitely have been nice being able to add a note to them.

Fossils and rocks are like my only sources of income. :p

I definitely know how that feels. I need to start hitting up the island again on the regular, you can sometimes fill the box in half an hour and even if not you've definitely filled it enough by then to eclipse any paltry amount you'd be making from fossils/money rock.

Yeah, I would have kept Goldie but I already have Tia for a normal villager and I want to rotate someone out. Goldie is great and all, but she doesn't compare to Tia.

If no one from GAF claims her, is it okay if I tell to a friend of mine about it? She has wanted Goldie for a while.

Marvie_3

Banned
Posting an updated art trade list:

Need:

Ancient Statue
Basic Painting
Beautiful Statue
Gallant Statue
Nice Painting
Valiant Statue
Worthy Painting

Have:

Common Painting x3
Famous Painting x2
Fine Painting
Flowery Painting
Moody Painting
Perfect Painting x2
Scary Painting
Warm Painting x2
Wistful Painting

Roto13

Posting an updated art trade list:

Need:

Ancient Statue
Basic Painting
Beautiful Statue
Gallant Statue
Moving Painting
Nice Painting
Valiant Statue
Worthy Painting

Have:

Common Painting x3
Famous Painting x2
Fine Painting
Flowery Painting x2
Moody Painting
Perfect Painting x2
Scary Painting
Scenic Painting
Solemn Painting
Warm Painting x2
Wistful Painting

I could use your Scenic Painting. I can give you a Moving Painting,

Wolfe

I could use both the flowery and solemn paintings Marv, don't have anything from your want list though unfortunately.

The two I have up for grabs are amazing painting and graceful painting.

Also don't hate Roto but I just donated a valiant statue today, which I found funny considering before I even knew there was fake art the fake valiant statue was the first thing I bought from Redd way back in like June or July :p

Wolfe

You can still have them.

Right on dude, I appreciate it. I can open my gate if you're not busy.

Edit: today I caught the date up enough (which is still 2 months ago lol) to be rid of the snow finally. I definitely enjoyed it but am glad to have grass and green back in the town.

Edit 2: thanks again Marv! Pull up your pants and put on a shirt though geezus.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Also don't hate Roto but I just donated a valiant statue today, which I found funny considering before I even knew there was fake art the fake valiant statue was the first thing I bought from Redd way back in like June or July :p

Lol, same here actually. I thought the wings were cool.

Yokai

Any suggestions for someone who is trying to get back into the game with a new town? I'd love to play again from the start but unlocking everything seems like a drag.

Any suggestions for someone who is trying to get back into the game with a new town? I'd love to play again from the start but unlocking everything seems like a drag.

I'm not quite sure how to address this. Unlocking shops, collecting public works projects and items, and filling the museum is a pretty big part of how the game unfolds. I suppose if those things don't interest you, you could focus more on your villagers, how your town looks, and playing with other people. If time is the issue, time travel can speed things up but some people find doing too much at once just a different kind of tedium.

The great thing about Animal Crossing is that there's rarely anything you must do at any given time (outside of holidays and events). You can set your own goals at your own pace. There's still an active enough community here if there's anything you need or want. I think you just have to figure out which aspects you like best and focus on those while letting the rest of the game just open as you go.

Oxx

It was bad enough going through the early stages of the game again when I made an alt character. And that was with enough bells to pay for everything.

I'm not quite sure how to address this. Unlocking shops, collecting public works projects and items, and filling the museum is a pretty big part of how the game unfolds. I suppose if those things don't interest you, you could focus more on your villagers, how your town looks, and playing with other people. If time is the issue, time travel can speed things up but some people find doing too much at once just a different kind of tedium.

The great thing about Animal Crossing is that there's rarely anything you must do at any given time (outside of holidays and events). You can set your own goals at your own pace. There's still an active enough community here if there's anything you need or want. I think you just have to figure out which aspects you like best and focus on those while letting the rest of the game just open as you go.

Agreed with blue here, just play the game as you'd like. Everything will fall into place eventually and shops will upgrade too.

I just got Katrina's Fortune Shop too!

EdgeXL

Does anybody have extras of the following paintings?

Neutral

Worthy

Moving

I will happily buy them. I also have several duplicate paintings which are all genuine.

Calm painting x3

scenic painting x2

proper painting

scary painting

graceful painting

moody painting

dynamic painting

Elija2

I've got some stuff to give away if anyone wants them:

egg toy set
egg bed
egg dresser
egg floor
Zipper's pic x2
Deirdre's pic
Tia's pic x2
summit wall
desert vista
autumn wall
cherry-blossom clock
cool globe
golden clock
golden carpet
lucky clovers

Coketruck

I've got some stuff to give away if anyone wants them:

egg toy set
egg bed
egg dresser
egg floor
Zipper's pic x2
Deirdre's pic
Tia's pic x2
summit wall
desert vista
autumn wall
cherry-blossom clock
cool globe
golden clock
golden carpet
lucky clovers

I'd like the autumn wall.

Wolfe

Speaking of horses I saw that I had a camper today and upon entering the tent find out it's Ed. I've already got a cow I'm trying to get rid of, I don't want anymore farm animals :p

Edit: so Hours, word on the street is you've got some new blue school hat DLC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom