• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

I'm back from an epic stag-do in Warsaw, where I managed to squeeze in some bare minimum Animal Crossing in the mornings. I did miss a day (my first?!) but got those last PWPs from Leif and serviced Ankha a couple of times at least. Gotta get her pic.

And now I see the School Cap DLC has been released. I also hear it's orderable. I am excited.

Speaking of horses I saw that I had a camper today and upon entering the tent find out it's Ed. I've already got a cow I'm trying to get rid of, I don't want anymore farm animals :p

Edit: so Hours, word on the street is you've got some new blue school hat DLC...
This post is freaking me out. O_O

I did catalog one, but I haven't ordered it yet. I'm trying to get the zodiac DLC set now. Someone said they'd let me catalog the whole set, but we haven't been able to work things out yet.

If/when I get it, I'll let some of you guys catalog it too so we can spread it around. I'll throw in the new school cap too. (I actually got another orderable piece of of Japanese DLC yesterday too, so there's that also.)

Chopper

You have no idea.

I did catalog one, but I haven't ordered it yet. I'm trying to get the zodiac DLC set now. Someone said they'd let me catalog the whole set, but we haven't been able to work things out yet.

If/when I get it, I'll let some of you guys catalog it too so we can spread it around. I'll throw in the new school cap too. (I actually got another orderable piece of of Japanese DLC yesterday too, so there's that also.)
The whole Zodiac DLC set hasn't been released yet. I can order what's been released so far if things don't work out for you.

Interested in the school cap too. :)

But that zodiac DLC is strange. You sure they didn't mean with whole set the ones that have released till now?

Well, have to wait and see...

Chopper

What the hell are Powersaves? I'm not impressed.

Does that mean that the DLC is already in the game file? What does that mean for the other unreleased DLC like the Kimbap Plate?

Roto13

I keep sending Alli shirts to wear because I want her to stop wearing that custom design and wear something else.

zlCfzR3fgcYzdqHZaS

She thinks they're furniture.

Labrys

Woah, woah. Crazy stuff. What's this Powersaves?

From what I've heard it's like Action Replay cept for the 3DS. I saw someone say they were able to back up their saved, and with that they could let someone adopt a villager, roll back to the villager being in boxes and let someone else adopt it.

It's crazy stuff, I just hope it doesn't affect New Leaf like it did Wild World.

Elija2

Nevermind on Goldie. Just had a weird looking duck move in this morning, so my town's filled at the moment. Thanks anyway.

Dang, that sucks. Right on the day that Goldie is moving out, too.

If no one from GAF claims her, is it okay if I tell to a friend of mine about it? She has wanted Goldie for a while.

Hey, if your friend still wants Goldie she's available.

I keep sending Alli shirts to wear because I want her to stop wearing that custom design and wear something else.

zlCfzR3fgcYzdqHZaS

I hate that. They can never take a hint.

Frogstep

zlCfzR3fgcYzdqHZaS

I've stopped sending my villagers shirts because of this very reason lol. I've had more success with them wearing clothes right away by just having the shirt in my inventory and just talking to them until they mention that they want it.

Roto13

Someone on Miiverse said that if you send someone two of the same shirt, they'll put one on display and wear the other one. I'm going to try that.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Someone on Miiverse said that if you send someone two of the same shirt, they'll put one on display and wear the other one. I'm going to try that.

I don't know if that's true necessarily, think it's just luck based still. I remember I sent Ankha 4 mummy shirts and she didn't wear a single one, just displayed two.

Let us know if we have to send it the same day or different days.

Doesn't matter. Sending multiple copies of one shirt usually works because they tend not to put more than one of an item in their house. It's not foolproof though. I sent Soleil four or five of a shirt once and she displayed two of them while the rest disappeared into the ether. -_-

From what I've heard it's like Action Replay cept for the 3DS. I saw someone say they were able to back up their saved, and with that they could let someone adopt a villager, roll back to the villager being in boxes and let someone else adopt it.

Ugh. It's been banned from TBT and its uses seem limited and clunky (unlimited bells, unlocking certain pieces of DLC) but this is just silly. All those Marshals running around.

What the hell are Powersaves? I'm not impressed.

Does that mean that the DLC is already in the game file? What does that mean for the other unreleased DLC like the Kimbap Plate?

Yar, it's not surprising that the DLC is already in the game. A lot of Nintendo games do this with the free DLC.

In Animal Crossing, it's probably done this way so people who don't have the DLC can still view the item when they visit other people's towns.

Heck, I wonder if there are some items in the game that will never be officially released like the Nintendo items in one of the older games.

Yar, it's not surprising that the DLC is already in the game. A lot of Nintendo games do this with the free DLC.

In Animal Crossing, it's probably done this way so people who don't have the DLC can still view the item when they visit other people's towns.

Heck, I wonder if there are some items in the game that will never be officially released like the Nintendo items in one of the older games.

Which items?

Edit: well guys, I got them, all twelve zodiac items in my catalogue, so... I will order the six I didn't have tomorrow, store is closed now and if anyone want to catalogue them, you can tomorrow evening..

Chopper

Me too, I guess. Although I am a little disappointed. What does this mean for the other unreleased DLC? Are they available too?

Me too, I guess. Although I am a little disappointed. What does this mean for the other unreleased DLC? Are they available too?

Don't know frankly. Did think about it, but didn't want to ask about it. It is not that much anymore either. Two hats, a tank and the kimbap plate, that's about it now, right? So three korean and one japanese DLC left... (not sure what the kimbap plate is)

Edit: thanks bpb. That explains it.

Coketruck

Edit: well guys, I got them, all twelve zodiac items in my catalogue, so... I will order the six I didn't have tomorrow, store is closed now and if anyone want to catalogue them, you can tomorrow evening..

Count me in.

I ordered a few of the new blue school cap DLCs in case Hours needs help passing them around. Could drop one off after the mail arrives to anyone who wants one.

Sort of hazy on how it works but it definitely doesn't just open up the entire catalog.

I'll be online later and will give you a hand. Thanks for taking the initiative!

Frogstep

I ordered a few of the new blue school cap DLCs in case Hours needs help passing them around. Could drop one off after the mail arrives to anyone who wants one.

I'd like to get in on getting these. :D

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This is everything I'm missing:

Furniture(15)
Bell Knickknack
Bureom
Cancer Table
Gemini Closet
Hagoita
Hibiscus
Kimbap Plate
Leo Sculpture
Libra Scale
Scorpio Lamp
Songpyeon
Tteok Plate
Virgo Harp
Yule Log
Yut Board

Shirts (1)
Blue Argyle Tank

Hats (3)
Red-horned Hat
School Cap
White School Cap

Astrological stuff aside, I'm guessing I've missed out on some of the furniture? I think I'm current on clothing aside from the school cap (bluepolicebox, may I have/catalog one?) kamikazekoala, let me know if you can help me out with any of the furniture I'm missing, it would be appreciated.

Chopper

This is everything I'm missing:

Furniture(15)
Bell Knickknack
Bureom
Cancer Table
Gemini Closet
Hagoita
Hibiscus
Kimbap Plate
Leo Sculpture
Libra Scale
Scorpio Lamp
Songpyeon
Tteok Plate
Virgo Harp
Yule Log
Yut Board

Shirts (1)
Blue Argyle Tank

Hats (3)
Red-horned Hat
School Cap
White School Cap

Astrological stuff aside, I'm guessing I've missed out on some of the furniture? I think I'm current on clothing aside from the school cap (bluepolicebox, may I have/catalog one?) kamikazekoala, let me know if you can help me out with any of the furniture I'm missing, it would be appreciated.
Are you looking to catalogue, or own?

You guys are nuts. :) I can't even get my Nooks and Ables to finish off my orderable catalog.

I'll be online later and will give you a hand. Thanks for taking the initiative!

I'd like to get in on getting these. :D

I think I'm current on clothing aside from the school cap (bluepolicebox, may I have/catalog one?)

Of course. I ordered a few so they could be dropped off and passed around.

Wolfe

So I had been wanting another Jock villager and noticed my campsite was again occupied (the last 4 campers have been 2 mice, a horse and an anteater, bleh) so I went to go check it out, turns out it was a tiger, badass!

Although the guy was tough to crack, took like 6 or 7 times of him bringing up moving to town to finally convince him, but now I've got Rowan moving in.

Now to get Tboner to move out, damn cow. Maybe Rowan will eat him for me.

Edit: forgot that I caught up to March the other day, looks like I've got more gracie crap to buy now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom