• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkham

No, you weren't.

VvSDd1G.jpg

OMG. It's great to have new villagers after being with just 8 of them for a while (things were getting a lil boring) but Tangy and Beau picked the worst possible locations for their houses. Tangy planted hers RIGHT IN FRONT of my bridge and Beau RIGHT IN FRONT of my Coffee Shop :(

Velcro Fly

I wish it would rain in my town :(

Am I playing too late for it to be raining? Should I be playing earlier? I normally play around 5pm every day. I just want it to rain so I can catch a snail. I think I'm just going to start checking every hour to see if it rains.

I dunno if there are specific timeframes for rain but since I almost always play in the mornings that's when I've mostly had rain in my town. No luck with snails yet, though.

Wolfe

OMG. It's great to have new villagers after being with just 8 of them for a while (things were getting a lil boring) but Tangy and Beau picked the worst possible locations for their houses. Tangy planted hers RIGHT IN FRONT of my bridge and Beau RIGHT IN FRONT of my Coffee Shop :(

After having this happen to me a couple of times I got into the habit of placing a street lamp on each side of each bridge if there was room for a villager house. Worked out great, hated when houses were basically overshadowing or blocking bridges.

Chopper

Roto, we're you after a Dynamic Painting? I should have one tomorrow.

Fossils hunters unite! Edit: Found the fossil. It was in a blatantly obvious spot. I'm an idiot.

After having this happen to me a couple of times I got into the habit of placing a street lamp on each side of each bridge if there was room for a villager house. Worked out great, hated when houses were basically overshadowing or blocking bridges.
That's a great idea! Something to keep in mind for the future, for sure. I kept thinking there's no way that I'd have them move to such inconvenient spots with all the empty spaces all over my town (especially around the plaza where a couple of houses are), but alas :( It'd be so much easier to stomach if they were villagers I didn't like as I'd just look forward to them moving out, but Beau and Tangy are great. Ah well. Funny how as a Mayor you control so much of the town but somehow Isabelle can stop you from putting a PWP in certain places and new Villagers can move in where they please without your permission. ;_;

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Redd's has a legit solemn painting if anyone wants it. I also have a dynamic and calm painting available. Deputy Moonman, still have your neutral painting.

Collete

Guess who moved in?!...

tumblr_n50e1bofUt1si5npho1_400.jpg

Roscoe! Now the 5th horse to the village of Archa!
I'm surprised I even snagged him considering he's rare to find on Reedit and Tumblr. I normally see a bunch of Winnie's and Clydes on there.
But no one took this fine beauty away from me! Probably my second favorite horse out of the bunch! :p

Oxx

Hopefully I'll get the KK Slider badge soon. Then I can just keep visiting people's towns (and having visitors) until I get the bronze for everything.

Niraj

Hopefully I'll get the KK Slider badge soon. Then I can just keep visiting people's towns (and having visitors) until I get the bronze for everything.

You can get gold in a night if you really want to. It just tracks songs played, not actual visits.

Wolfe

Fill up your pockets so he can't give you a song. Then he'll just keep playing as long as you ask him to.

That's only in regards to getting his pic right, cause it's not like he won't keep playing songs after he gives you a copy of the first one he plays.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
New to the game and the franchise ! Just bought Animal Crossing New Leaf a few days ago. My opinion is that Nook is a mafia boss who secretly runs this town because of all the money he wants from me :(

Niraj

Does this still work if he already gave me a song earlier?

Yes. Just keep having him play songs until he closes. You don't have to request anything specific, just let him pick.

That's only in regards to getting his pic right, cause it's not like he won't keep playing songs after he gives you a copy of the first one he plays.

Yup, exactly right.

Wolfe

Also my town has perfect peaches on premium today. I'll leave my town on the current date for the rest of the day in case anyone needs to get rid of some, just send me a PM as I'll be on and off the computer throughout the day.

I've been thinking about upcoming events too. I guess for launch players, we're mostly done. If you've kept up on museum donations, there's still the golden net to pick up in June. Plus my birthday is this month so I have that to look forward to.

It might be nice to revisit some of the summer events though. Like seeing the fireflies out in the sunshine during the Summer Solstice or a fireworks display. All these events went by so quickly.

Velcro Fly

I have one bug left and a bunch of fish that are either super rare or are available in a couple months.

I think my focus will finally start to shift to getting badges for things instead of events.

Tenrius

Just got the game and man, does it look fantastic! Especially compared to Wild World. Anyway, it's nighttime here and I can't really do anything in the game till tomorrow. Would anybody be willing to play online with me for a while, right now? (If that's even available at this point in the game, which it is, I think).

EDIT: Oh, it seems I need to take a picture at the photobooth? Which probably means I can't go online right now, since I need 500 bells for that.

Just got the game and man, does it look fantastic! Especially compared to Wild World. Anyway, it's nighttime here and I can't really do anything in the game till tomorrow. Would anybody be willing to play online with me for a while, right now? (If that's even available at this point in the game, which it is, I think).

EDIT: Oh, it seems I need to take a picture at the photobooth? Which probably means I can't go online right now, since I need 500 bells for that.

Grab some sea shells and sell them if you can.

Niraj

You could shake trees for money if you haven't done that yet. Hard to say if you'll get 500 though. How far off are you?

So, I've been getting back into this, does Gaf still follow the Stalk market? I'm only going to be putting in probably around 600k, but I'd like to at least not lose money on it.

Frogstep

So, I've been getting back into this, does Gaf still follow the Stalk market? I'm only going to be putting in probably around 600k, but I'd like to at least not lose money on it.

I think the official turnip thread is dead, might be wrong about that. Some of us with high sell prices occasionally post what we have during the week.

I don't have the turnips yet lol, just thinking about buying them tomorrow morning.
Sucks that the turnip thread is dead though.

People regularly check their prices and post here when they have something decent. I don't buy anymore but I still watch my spikes. And if you're struggling to find a decent price towards the end of the week (Thu-Fri), there's nothing wrong with giving us a heads up that you need help so we can be sure to check our prices.

Wolfe

Yeah just a few days ago I had turnips at 634 bells, I think only one gaffer took advantage of it but was still able to make about 14 million from letting gamefaqs people in.

I wonder if I missed any bugs/fish these past few months, never really kept up with that once I got back into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom