• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was yelled at today by a couple of my villagers for not talking to them lately. Hadn't realized it had been long enough to trigger that. Stupid real life getting in the way of my little virtual town. :|

Ya know, something I miss was when you'd do something around another villager (like catch a fish) and they'd clap for you. Always thought that was cute.

Frogstep

Was yelled at today by a couple of my villagers for not talking to them lately. Hadn't realized it had been long enough to trigger that. Stupid real life getting in the way of my little virtual town. :|

Ya know, something I miss was when you'd do something around another villager (like catch a fish) and they'd clap for you. Always thought that was cute.

I always liked that they did that. My time catching anything is spent on the island so I never see this ever again. :(

I wish that they would actually catch fish too instead of just having their fishing lines out in the water and just standing there forever. Then I could use the clap emotion and return the favor.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

I just had Soleil clap for me today when I caught a flea off of Tammi. They are easily amused.

I think I've always enjoyed seeing them sit on random objects like stumps or chairs. I caught one of my villagers sitting on a tree stump sleeping in the morning. Also the reactions of falling into pitfalls...XD

I'm partial to the way villagers watch butterflies fluttering around.

Anyone? I really don't like squirrels. They're icky. :L

Time travel is fastest if you know how to do it properly (so you don't lose anyone you might want to keep). Other than that, it's mostly random. Befriending them and working your way up the friendship ladder is probably the best non-TT way to go about it.

Some swear by the introduce yourself once-then ignore them method but if you've talked to them more than once already, it won't help you here. Hitting them also doesn't work. Nor do insulting letters since they can't read. If you don't want to time travel, just play the game and they'll eventually want to move.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I think I've always enjoyed seeing them sit on random objects like stumps or chairs. I caught one of my villagers sitting on a tree stump sleeping in the morning. Also the reactions of falling into pitfalls...XD

tumblr_mr8zv658251sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Joqu

I'm partial to the way villagers watch butterflies fluttering around.

Time travel is fastest if you know how to do it properly (so you don't lose anyone you might want to keep). Other than that, it's mostly random. Befriending them and working your way up the friendship ladder is probably the best non-TT way to go about it.

Some swear by the introduce yourself once-then ignore them method but if you've talked to them more than once already, it won't help you here. Hitting them also doesn't work. Nor do insulting letters since they can't read. If you don't want to time travel, just play the game and they'll eventually want to move.

Befriending them can make them move away? How does that work?

Not like that's going to make things faster. I just don't want to time travel right now because I have turnips sitting around. I guess I'll just have to be patient!

Marvie_3

Banned
Seems to work that way in my town. The townies I like are always the ones who want to move but it took forever to get rid of the ones I didn't like........like Astrid, Pietro, and Francine.

Elija2

Not like that's going to make things faster. I just don't want to time travel right now because I have turnips sitting around. I guess I'll just have to be patient!

In my experience, the villagers that I interact with the most are the ones that wish to move away next. I'm not sure if that's how it really works, but it could explain why people always have their favourite villagers wanting to move away and never their least-favourite ones.

But if you're just trying to get rid of all of your villagers then this won't speed things up. Every couple of days a new villager will want to move away on their own and there's no way of speeding that up or slowing it down.

And time travelling with turnips isn't really dangerous. Your turnips shouldn't spoil as long as you never go back in time. But you're gonna have to go back in time eventually or stop playing for a couple days if you want to return to normal time.

The game has a friendship ladder that you climb by talking to your villagers, sending them letters and gifts, fulfilling requests, etc. with the highest possible level being the gift of their picture (or a spotlight item). When it's time for a villager to move, the game puts all the eligible movers into a pool (they never ask twice in a row, they ask less frequently if their birthday is approaching, and they almost never ask if they were last in the door), adds a friendship weight to each villager, then randomly chooses one from that group.

For example: Lolly, Beau, and Bunnie are eligible to move. I'm at max friendship with Lolly so her name is put in a hat 10 times, maybe medium with Bunnie so she's put in 5 times, and I barely know Beau so he's put in once. The game randomly chooses who's going to move from that pool when you start the day with Isabelle. Beau could be randomly chosen because he's in the pool but Lolly's more likely to be chosen because we're close and she's got more names in the hat. There's a strong element of randomness but it can still be influenced by friendship.

I hope that makes sense.

Wolfe

I know people have differing opinions on this but I'm of the opinion that friendship levels don't matter at all, getting pinged to move is completely random as to who will do it. I've had villagers I'm high on friendship levels with ping me about moving and I've had ones that I've not talked to at all do the same.

One time it was even the last villager to move in that pinged me about moving after I ignored them and I've seen no evidence to indicate that it's anything other than random.

My personal advice would be to look into the TT method as it would be the quickest way to go about it.

Chopper

If I get a Spotlight Item off a neighbour, do I need to reset to get their picture any time soon? Or does friendship level stay high as long as you are interacting with that neighbour?

Joqu

Thanks for the answers guys. If I'm understanding the time travelling method correctly I do need to travel back in time for that no? So that's a no go with turnips.

It also still kind of feels like cheating. I guess there are worse ways of doing so but still. :p

FIGURE-005806.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005806&page=top
FIGURE-005807.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005807&page=top

And villagers moving really feels random =/, I've taken the effort to talk a minimum of 3 times to villagers to see if they say someone is thinking of moving away, and I'm now called a social butterfly >__<.

Think I should restart the Nintendo Network ID list for AC GAF when I'm more free, seems like there's quite a number of people that needs to be added, sorry I haven't kept it updated =(

Panderp

Oooh oooh me! Me!

I'll add you once I get home! Let me know what you'd like in exchange!

I want 5 million worth of bells in 100 bell bags.

(I don't want anything in return, you can have him for free.) :3

I'm actually a bit sad to see him go, but that's what I get for never checking up on my villagers.

Hey dude, still have that neutral painting for you. I can drop it at Wolfe's if you want.

I might've taken that painting by accident too. Whoops. It's sitting outside my gate.

Oxx

FIGURE-005806.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005806&page=top
FIGURE-005807.jpg

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005807&page=top

And villagers moving really feels random =/, I've taken the effort to talk a minimum of 3 times to villagers to see if they say someone is thinking of moving away, and I'm now called a social butterfly >__<.

Think I should restart the Nintendo Network ID list for AC GAF when I'm more free, seems like there's quite a number of people that needs to be added, sorry I haven't kept it updated =(

Isabelle looks old and tired.

Wolfe

I might've taken that painting by accident too. Whoops. It's sitting outside my gate.

Haha with how infrequently Moon shows up in this thread we figured you might as well take it (sorry Moon!) I'm sure another one will pop up soon enough.

Hell I just had Redd stop by with 4 statues, only one legit this time though. So if anyone want's a motherly statue I've got it chillin right here in my pocket waiting for ya @_@

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Turnip price at 120. Not much buy if any GAFer wants to come by later in the day, I can arrange that after 8pm PST :)

Wolfe

So Bob's moving out soon and I posted this up on gamefaqs to try and extort some bells out of those scumsuckers but if no one really bites I wanted to let people here snag him. Figure I'll give my thread there a day and if nothing comes of it Bob's free to go to whoever wants him here.

Ha I'm having a fantastic day in animal crossing. I finally got tucker to volunteer to leave and Lopez visited my campsite and is moving into the shire! Woot woot.

So Bob's moving out soon and I posted this up on gamefaqs to try and extort some bells out of those scumsuckers but if no one really bites I wanted to let people here snag him. Figure I'll give my thread there a day and if nothing comes of it Bob's free to go to whoever wants him here.

Ugh. Watch... the day Bob is packed is the day my 10th villager fills in. It's already been four days so I'm expecting that shoe to drop at any moment. I would love Bob otherwise... he was my birthday wish. :(

Wolfe

Ugh. Watch... the day Bob is packed is the day my 10th villager fills in. It's already been four days so I'm expecting that shoe to drop at any moment. I would love Bob otherwise... he was my birthday wish. :(

I'm gonna give the gamefaqs thread a couple more hours then if no one bites I'll just time travel to the date (it's still march in my game) and you can come pick him up (tonight if you're going to be available).

I'm gonna give the gamefaqs thread a couple more hours then if no one bites I'll just time travel to the date (it's still march in my game) and you can come pick him up (tonight if you're going to be available).

OMG...

*blink blink blink*

Yes. Yes and yes and yes.

Wolfe

OMG...

*blink blink blink*

Yes. Yes and yes and yes.

Alright I got tired of waiting on gamefaqs so I'll open my gate up in a minute here.

Edit: alright the gate's open and you're now arriving as I type this sentence out but I'm not going to erase it, I'm just not, it's here to stay.

Edit2: sorry if I rushed you out or anything but my net has been spotty today and I didn't want anything to go wrong with the move.

OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and Bob is gonna be there!!!!!

tumblr_m7mprkFWtU1qfsxpyo1_r1_500.gif

Squeeee! I'll have my two favorite cats!!!

THANK YOU, WOLFE!!!

Edit: alright the gate's open and you're now arriving as I type this sentence out but I'm not going to erase it, I'm just not, it's here to stay.
Hahaha! Yeah, I came over as soon as I saw your post.
Edit2: sorry if I rushed you out or anything but my net has been spotty today and I didn't want anything to go wrong with the move.
No worries! I was just gonna look around because I think I've only been to your town once before briefly. I can check it out another time when it's more stable. :)

Marvie_3

Banned
OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and Bob is gonna be there!!!!!

tumblr_m7mprkFWtU1qfsxpyo1_r1_500.gif

Squeeee! I'll have my two favorite cats!!!

THANK YOU, WOLFE!!!

Hahaha! Yeah, I came over as soon as I saw your post.

No worries! I was just gonna look around because I think I've only been to your town once before briefly. I can check it out another time when it's more stable. :)

ibmg467FptJs9Q.gif

Acid08

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom