• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda off-topic but it occurred to me...

Why is it that we have had rational discussions and agreements about the lack of skin colour choices in AC without it turning into the pitch forks and torches regarding same sex choices in the Tomodachi thread? I don't ever remember it getting that ugly even though I consider it an equal issue. :/

Why is it that we have had rational discussions and agreements about the lack of skin colour choices in AC without it turning into the pitch forks and torches regarding same sex choices in the Tomodachi thread? I don't ever remember it getting that ugly even though I consider it an equal issue. :/

Because we can actually HOLD a debate without resorting to name calling in this part of the community. You will always have your apologists everywhere unfortunately.

The Tomodachi threads are ugly due to the general belief Nintendo removed the glitch because they hate "homosexuality" when they've repeatedly said that it caused a major saving glitch.

But basically clickbait sites *cough* Kotaku *cough* just emphasised that portion was patched without saying it fixed major problems it was causing.

I can understand people want to add it for the game but the game's more or less complete in development, they'll need to more or less wait for another entry that's allows same sex marriages and such.

I can understand people want to add it for the game but the game's more or less complete in development, they'll need to more or less wait for another entry that's allows same sex marriages and such.
Yeah, I'm hoping that this isn't going to make an impact that prevents them from making a new one all together. :|

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

New Leaf community is chill.

I do feel that same sex relationships should be in the game (though I'll likely still get the game), but I do feel that many should take a deep breath and calm down. The easiest way to lose sympathy for one's cause is to be overly angry about it.

Roto13

Animal Crossing is like a mild sedative. It's impossible to get overly emotional when you're decorating your house or digging up fossils.

As for Tomodachi Life, the lack of same sex relationships is enough to make me not put my own Mii in it. Not enough to make me go nuts about it.

Chopper

Heads up: Turnips going for 641 bells at Gamefaqs right now.

Edit: Nice. The pressure's off. Made about 4 million. What's the gold badge threshold?

Edit: Ah, just 10 million. That's okay. I'm just looking at these badge requirements. I can't believe I've popped 5000 balloons.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Heads up: Turnips going for 641 bells at Gamefaqs right now.

Edit: Nice. The pressure's off. Made about 4 million. What's the gold badge threshold?

Edit: Ah, just 10 million. That's okay. I'm just looking at these badge requirements. I can't believe I've popped 5000 balloons.

You haven't. It's 200. Use this, Thonky is way off on some of those.

Ribbot is in boxes right now, free to anyone that wants him. (He's super cool FYI.)

I'm posting this on GameFAQs too, so first come, first serve.

Acid08

Banned
Gates are open.

The town's name is Bokoku.
Woo thanks man! Love getting more crazy dudes in my village. Especially crazy dudes rocking blouses.

Looking at my list I'm separating everyone into a few categories..

Keepers:
Ribbot
Stitches
Lobo
Francine

Take or leave:
Cookie
Kiki
Dizzy

Plz leave you jerk:
Miranda
Canberra
Gruff

Dizzy is the only one who has been here since the beginning, and I'd be sad to see him go, but I like Stitches more as my lazy villager. But still, thinking about Dizzy leaving makes me sad ;[

Wolfe

Woo thanks man! Love getting more crazy dudes in my village. Especially crazy dudes rocking blouses.

Yeah the weirder or more themed they are the better in some cases. Part of why I grabbed Stitches from Hours a while back and also Snake recently from Gfaqs. I mean I had Gaston and a bunny with a mustache is wacky enough but a ninja bunny? Get outta here. Only took two shirts to get him into a ninja shirt and complete his look too, not bad.

That's also why Pietro has grown on me, buddy has him in his town and I gotta say, he's just crazy enough to grow on ya (well me at least). I hated him at first lol.

Looking at my list I'm separating everyone into a few categories..

Keepers:
Ribbot
Stitches
Lobo
Francine

Take or leave:
Cookie
Kiki
Dizzy

Plz leave you jerk:
Miranda
Canberra
Gruff

Dizzy is the only one who has been here since the beginning, and I'd be sad to see him go, but I like Stitches more as my lazy villager. But still, thinking about Dizzy leaving makes me sad ;[
No problem. Ribbot does rock a mean blouse. If you really like Dizzy, you could still keep him and Stitches, since you can doubles of two personality types and still have all eight kinds in your village. (If that's something that's important to you.)

Speaking of personality types, I can finally get another smug villager in my town now, and have all the personas again. I think I've decided on Phil, I hope he won't be too hard to get.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah the weirder or more themed they are the better in some cases. Part of why I grabbed Stitches from Hours a while back and also Snake recently from Gfaqs. I mean I had Gaston and a bunny with a mustache is wacky enough but a ninja bunny? Get outta here. Only took two shirts to get him into a ninja shirt and complete his look too, not bad.

That's also why Pietro has grown on me, buddy has him in his town and I gotta say, he's just crazy enough to grow on ya (well me at least). I hated him at first lol.
I was with you until Pietro. He is literally a walking nightmare.

Wolfe

OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and Bob is gonna be there!!!!!

tumblr_m7mprkFWtU1qfsxpyo1_r1_500.gif

Squeeee! I'll have my two favorite cats!!!

THANK YOU, WOLFE!!!

Hahaha! Yeah, I came over as soon as I saw your post.

No worries! I was just gonna look around because I think I've only been to your town once before briefly. I can check it out another time when it's more stable. :)

Totally missed this post but you're welcome, glad I was able to help you get a desired villager.

On another note I now have a spare Bob's pic (wasn't sure he would send me one upon moving but sure enough), a motherly statue and a Katie sketchbook if anyone is interested in taking them off my hands.

Edit: Hmm I've got Kid Cat in my camp today.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mom sends you some pink carnations. :)

Been breeding these finally (I skipped out on the carnation swaps early on). Reds are ahead. Still don't have a white. Actaully that's all I've been doing. Water these, finding a moving neighbour and tell them not to go and then the 3DS is back to sleep.

Need to sit down and plan the town layout so I have something more to do.

Chopper

zlCfzR5yUG0CjTtF5J

Sorted. Bye bye turnips!

Also, got my hands on the Jungle Wall this morning. Just Summer Gracie items and some random clothes (tops) til 100%.

Today's been productive. Finished up all the plaza tickets in StreetPass Plaza, so I can finally deactivate it and reinstate New Leaf. Hopefully this'll net me the a StreetPass badge at some point.

Collete

I'll keep an eye on turnips this afternoon, not sure what I'll get.
Also Katrina's in town, anyone want to see her?

zlCfzR5yUG0CjTtF5J

Sorted. Bye bye turnips!

Also, got my hands on the Jungle Wall this morning. Just Summer Gracie items and some random clothes (tops) til 100%.

Today's been productive. Finished up all the plaza tickets in StreetPass Plaza, so I can finally deactivate it and reinstate New Leaf. Hopefully this'll net me the a StreetPass badge at some point.

Congrats on the badge :eek:
Also I see Ankha's still wearing the shirt she wore in Archa :p
Should have probably made her change out of it before I sent her off to you <_<

Niraj

Basic painting at Redd's. I think somebody was looking for that? Let me know.

My turnip price is currently 491 (for the next hour and 51 minutes)

Grizzo

Every day or so, one of my villagers wants to leave town, so I feel the need to play every single the day, in case it's one of my fav that wants to go. I know they're just virtual characters, yet I don't want to see some of them go. Is that going too far? Should I feel ashamed for getting too attached to them, haha?

It's mostly due to the fact that I'm still missing some of their pictures, though I know they might send it to me once they're gone.

Niraj

And my Friend Code is 2578 - 3146 - 5356.

2836-0258-6594

Every day or so, one of my villagers wants to leave town, so I feel the need to play every single the day, in case it's one of my fav that wants to go. I know they're just virtual characters, yet I don't want to see some of them go. Is that going too far? Should I feel ashamed for getting too attached to them, haha?

It's mostly due to the fact that I'm still missing some of their pictures, though I know they might send it to me once they're gone.

I think a lot of us feel the same way, so if it's weird, we're all weird. Let's not think about that too deeply though :(

Oxx

zlCfzR5yUG0CjTtF5J

Sorted. Bye bye turnips!

YES YES YES

Grizzo

2836-0258-6594

I think a lot of us feel the same way, so if it's weird, we're all weird. Let's not think about that too deeply though :(

I'd say this is the unquestionable proof that a game really managed to leave a mark on you, and to me, that's a sign of very good game :)

I just told Kiki she shouldn't leave.

Koomaster

I decided to let Nana move out and she's in boxes today if anyone wants to adopt her into their village.

95px-Nana_NewLeaf_Official.png

She's a really sweet and kind villager. Would make a lovely addition to any town. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom