• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

It will probably never happen :p

In other news, Lobo is gonna move in. This one went a lot easier than last time with Olivia.

My Villagers

- Kabuki
- Lobo
- Julian
- Henry
- Beau
- Jay
- Apple
- Flurry
- Mira
- Olivia

This will probably be the final list for me. Only one I'm not sure about is Jay, maybe I'll let him go one day. But the others will stay. That is as long as I can put my self to checking in often enough to make sure nobody leaves :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
After four villagers have left your town, they reappear on Main Street in the order in which they moved away. As more leave your town, they'll disappear and be replaced with more recent movers.

I just added this with a completely arbitrary example included, I think it's correct? Let me know if it's wrong, since you have more experience with this.

My old villagers keep showing up on Main Street! Why? I want them out of my life for good!
This is how it works: after five villagers move out of your town, the first of those five will start showing up in Main Street (including the stores), and up to four former villagers can show up at most. Once a 9th villager moves out, that first one will be gone forever, and so forth. So, for example, say Elise, Boomer, Sparro, and Annalisa have moved out, and Rhonda is moving out next. After Rhonda moves, Elise will start showing up. If another villager moves, Boomer will show up, then Sparro, then Annalisa. If a villager moves after Annalisa shows up, then Rhonda will show up and Elise will be gone, and so on.

I just added this with a completely arbitrary example included, I think it's correct? Let me know if it's wrong, since you have more experience with this.

I presume so. I was told four at some but never really took the time to count.

Still think the "Why won't my camper move in?" thing I wrote is relevant too. :p

You should make a special mention that this also works with Charlise. There's no way of escaping that horror.

Rocket, too. :/ I'll be thrilled when she's finally cycled out.

Niraj

I presume so. I was told four at some but never really took the time to count.

Still think the "Why won't my camper move in?" thing I wrote is relevant too. :p

Rocket, too. :/ I'll be thrilled when she's finally cycled out.

I'll get to it :p I have to find the message again, or just rewrite it from memory.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
With Miiverse coming to 3DS the AC Plaza for Wii U seems even more useless.

At least it will be an easy way to share photos hopefully.

Niraj

With Miiverse coming to 3DS the AC Plaza for Wii U seems even more useless.

At least it will be an easy way to share photos hopefully.

What all can you do in AC Plaza anyway? I have a Wii U but assumed there wasn't much point in downloading it (which your phrasing seems to confirm lol)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What all can you do in AC Plaza anyway? I have a Wii U but assumed there wasn't much point in downloading it (which your phrasing seems to confirm lol)
Look at cleaner models of the animals and post Miiverse messages about them.

You can also put your 3DS SD card into your Wii U and use it to attach your photos to Miiverse posts but that is a really convoluted method and I'd rather just share things with this thread.

Koomaster

I am still unsure why they discontinued swapnote. I mean, if pervs are exchanging real life info with kids through that, what is to stop them from doing the same thing through the various WiiU stuff? Seems the same thing to me.

Frogstep

Finally got my golden shovel! Just missing gold fishing pole and bug net now. :D

Look at cleaner models of the animals and post Miiverse messages about them.

You can also put your 3DS SD card into your Wii U and use it to attach your photos to Miiverse posts but that is a really convoluted method and I'd rather just share things with this thread.

Spot on. The models were nice to look at though, that one time I used the Plaza.

I am still unsure why they discontinued swapnote. I mean, if pervs are exchanging real life info with kids through that, what is to stop them from doing the same thing through the various WiiU stuff? Seems the same thing to me.

Presumably because they were planning on replacing it with Miiverse which is moderated, no?

Though a young girl being sexually assaulted seems like a pretty good reason too.

Koomaster

Presumably because they were planning on replacing it with Miiverse which is moderated, no?

Though a young girl being sexually assaulted seems like a pretty good reason too.
My point being more shutting down swapnote doesn't prevent that abuse from happening. Like how easy would it be to just go to Tortimer island, exchange FC with someone or exchange e-mail or what have you through that. May as well shut down every single internet service your company runs if that is what you are concerned about.

Really more of the parent's job to protect their kids and monitor who they are talking to rather than Nintendo. Like if your kid is connected online in any capacity without supervision they would be vulnerable to this kind of abuse.

My point being more shutting down swapnote doesn't prevent that abuse from happening. Like how easy would it be to just go to Tortimer island, exchange FC with someone or exchange e-mail or what have you through that. May as well shut down every single internet service your company runs if that is what you are concerned about.

Really more of the parent's job to protect their kids and monitor who they are talking to rather than Nintendo. Like if your kid is connected online in any capacity without supervision they would be vulnerable to this kind of abuse.

Of course I agree that the responsibility lies largely with the parents but if Nintendo feels they can improve their online services in the safety arena, good for them. I guess I just don't buy the "well, young girls are going to get assaulted anyway so what can we do about it?" argument. Baby steps, yes, but I think they should be encouraged. I was never attached to Swapnote the way others were here but if altering it can prevent even one more minor being lured to the hotel room of a grown man, I fail to see the great loss. Apathy rarely solves problems.

Though we're veering off-topic. :) I will say that Miiverse, possible safety-improvements aside, looks like a welcome addition to the OS. Hopefully it will encourage Gaffers to share more AC pictures with each other. I miss seeing all the daily screenshots.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I posted a screen before, but to add some images to the thread here's my November harvesty room from a few more angles.

tumblr_mw836zVHvh1svkqkfo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mw836zVHvh1svkqkfo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mw836zVHvh1svkqkfo3_400.jpg
tumblr_mw836zVHvh1svkqkfo4_400.jpg

Koomaster

Well I posted a screen before, but to add some images to the thread here's my November harvesty room from a few more angles.

tumblr_mw836zVHvh1svkqkfo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mw836zVHvh1svkqkfo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mw836zVHvh1svkqkfo3_400.jpg
tumblr_mw836zVHvh1svkqkfo4_400.jpg
Such a nice room! I really like the remade stools with big dot tanks to look like mushroom stools and using them for table cloth accents and the lamp. Nice touch!

I really love seeing stuff like this; the creative way people decorate! Seriously, excellent job!

Wolfe

I just wish they'd give us an idea of when we'll be getting miiverse, I never did post photos except ones that I took with my phone cause the process seemed so convoluted to me.

Niraj

I just wish they'd give us an idea of when we'll be getting miiverse, I never did post photos except ones that I took with my phone cause the process seemed so convoluted to me.

I thought they said next month, no?

Elija2

When Miiverse comes I'll be able to spam my AC screenshots to people who care without bothering those that don't. Everybody wins.

I thought they said next month, no?

Yeah, it's coming next month. Probably on December 31st at 11:59 PM.

Koomaster

Watching tv minding my own business when a huge bunch of noise came from my 3ds. Looked and saw 7 shooting stars all shoot across the sky at once. So flippin' amazing. Wish I was ready to take a picture of such an event; sky was just full of shooting star trails.

The stars aligned just right (pardon the pun) for such a lucky event to occur.

Acid08

Banned
Why won't Kiki move in, she keeps refusing :mad:

The one time I actually want someone from the campsite.

Edit: nm finally happened after 10+ tries

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think I'm good with just the green vested Isabelle. I'm silly.... just not feeling THAT silly.
I prefer her summer uniform so I'm happy with just that one, but maybe someone wants the winter style. AmiAmi is still taking orders for the summer Isabelle so it's not really a case of a second chance for those who missed out just yet.

First day I didn't get the same Mush item two days in a row. Progress! In fact it was the chair which is the final mushroomy looking thing I wanted along with the lamp and side tables.

Alright, may as well say that I'll probably be a bit more scarce around here. Getting the PS4 tomorrow and the One next week, so I will be playing with shiny new toys. I'll still bug you guys during the day though. Gotta put off work somehow.

Also: Last chance y'all. Got busy so never threw these away, but they're gone tonight when I get back home. Speak now or forever hold your tongue

Ok, clearing out stuff I no longer need or have dupes of. Up for grabs:

3 x Billion Barrels
2 x Ultra Machines
1 x Green Shell
1 x ? block
1 x Goal Pole
1 x Super Mushroom
1 x Yellow Pikmin hood
1 x Hero's Cap

All unorderable stuff. Please grab it, anything not claimed by tomorrow night gets trashed.

bjork

Peewee's home is being built in my town, he's on the good side of the river. I wish I could relocate the three others to that side too! Thinking about building cheap PWPs to keep new people from moving in there.

I like the way neighbors pick up each others' greetings and stuff. At one point ever neighbor called me holmes, pretty cool. Pekoe was like, "What's poppin'?" and I laughed so much.

Linius

I can give you both unless you are looking for them on your own or something?

I hope to find them on my own, but if not before the end of this month I know who to ask then. Thanks!

That hanger is is perfect by the way, would look great in the autumn room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom