• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvie_3

Banned
Reposting my art list:

Need:

Beautiful Statue
Galiant Statue
Worthy Painting

Have to give away:

Amazing Painting
Common Painting x3
Dynamic Painting
Famous Painting x2
Fine Painting
Flowery Painting x2
Graceful Painting
Great Statue
Moody Painting
Mystic Statue
Perfect Painting x3
Scary Painting x2
Warm Painting x3
Wild Painting
Wistful Painting

If any of you guys are around and want to pick up your stuff, I have it in front of the train station.

Also noticed a sloppy clock hanging on the museum wall so that's up for grabs if anyone needs it. Wolfe grabbed it.

Sure on the first part. Don't quite understand what you're saying on the second.

I can go now if you're available.

Meant that if no one wants the other sloppy/golden/pic items, I can take them before you sell them to give away.

Reposting my art list:

Need:

Beautiful Statue
Galiant Statue
Worthy Painting

Have to give away:

Amazing Painting
Common Painting x3
Dynamic Painting
Famous Painting x2
Fine Painting
Flowery Painting x2
Graceful Painting
Great Statue
Moody Painting
Mystic Statue
Perfect Painting x3
Scary Painting x2
Warm Painting x3
Wild Painting
Wistful Painting

Got the beautiful statue.

Wolfe

Having eight villagers can be rough, was notified that someone moved in after setting the time to a new day and was figuring it would be someone awful. Got to the house (which was in a decent spot) and it's Lily, I'm ok with this.

Now I just need to get rid of Walt, he snuck in a day or so ago the last time I was at eight and he put his stupid house right up against the cliff in a dumb spot. Plus he's not a cranky I care for, not a fan of the kangaroos.

Marvie_3

Banned
Got the beautiful statue.
Sweet! Let me know when you're around.

Having eight villagers can be rough, was notified that someone moved in after setting the time to a new day and was figuring it would be someone awful. Got to the house (which was in a decent spot) and it's Lily, I'm ok with this.

Now I just need to get rid of Walt, he snuck in a day or so ago the last time I was at eight and he put his stupid house right up against the cliff in a dumb spot. Plus he's not a cranky I care for, not a fan of the kangaroos.

Walt was one of my originals and would still be in my town if he his town wouldn't have been in such a terrible location. Had to give him the boot beause I needed that real estate!

Mekere

I've been away from online play for a few month because I was unhappy with my town and now, right after it was starting to get better I'm not sure I can find the will to play again. The last 3 villagers that moved in my town were surprise/unexpected villagers and they build their hours in the worse place possible.

Melba the koala build her house near one of my lake, right on the road that lead to the re-tail. Annoying but I could have forgave her because she is cute.

Jay the bird build his house right in front of a bridge in the middle of an intersection! Definitely can't be allowed

But the final blow was Blanche the ostrich. She is cute and we could have become great friends, but she built her house right between my playground park and my japanese garden, I don't even know how she could do that, there are PWP everywhere around!

So yeah, I'm a bit disheartened right now and will take a real AC break. :/

Koomaster

I've been away from online play for a few month because I was unhappy with my town and now, right after it was starting to get better I'm not sure I can find the will to play again. The last 3 villagers that moved in my town were surprise/unexpected villagers and they build their hours in the worse place possible.

Melba the koala build her house near one of my lake, right on the road that lead to the re-tail. Annoying but I could have forgave her because she is cute.

Jay the bird build his house right in front of a bridge in the middle of an intersection! Definitely can't be allowed

But the final blow was Blanche the ostrich. She is cute and we could have become great friends, but she built her house right between my playground park and my japanese garden, I don't even know how she could do that, there are PWP everywhere around!

So yeah, I'm a bit disheartened right now and will take a real AC break. :/
I know that feeling. I try to make the best of it and rearrange my paths.

Just recently filled out my Club Nintendo survey for the game and mentioned this. Suggested that since the player is the mayor now, it would be good to have control over where a new villager placed their home. It should work like the PWPs, maybe when you start the game Isabelle introduces you to the new neighbor and then you lead the new villager around the town and find a spot for them, then the plot of land gets placed like they do with the PWPs.

Hope they listen to that and my other suggestions for the next game. Till then, just have to make do.

I know that feeling. I try to make the best of it and rearrange my paths.

Just recently filled out my Club Nintendo survey for the game and mentioned this. Suggested that since the player is the mayor now, it would be good to have control over where a new villager placed their home. It should work like the PWPs, maybe when you start the game Isabelle introduces you to the new neighbor and then you lead the new villager around the town and find a spot for them, then the plot of land gets placed like they do with the PWPs.

Hope they listen to that and my other suggestions for the next game. Till then, just have to make do.

That is an excellent suggestion Koo. I'm a bit miffed today because Punch is in the campsite and I have NO space available for him. Anabelle moved in without warning 2 days ago and I have to wait to knock her out of there.

Mekere

I usually try to arrange my path too. But in these cases it's impossible either because of the ponds/river proximity (jay and melba) or because it's just not meant to be (blanche right in the middle of my gardens, I will not move 6 PWP just for her)

What annoys me to no end is that there's a huge piece of land that I have left especially barren just for newcomers but no.. they move into some improbable places...

Elija2

I've still got some stuff to give away if anyone wants them:

Zipper's pic x2
egg bed
egg floor

cool globe
lawn mower
golden man
cherry-blossom clock
lucky clovers

golden carpet
western vista
basement floor

Frogstep

YEpySXO.jpg

Jacques is boxed up and good to go if anyone wants him. I'll only need to let go of one more and froggy paradise will be completed!

Wolfe

I haven't gone through nearly enough villagers to hit the 16 required to pull in an old one or I would snag him to replace mine that moved out while I was TTing back to a later date so I could play catch up.

Grabbing the painting and then I'll be on my way.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I haven't gone through nearly enough villagers to hit the 16 required to pull in an old one or I would snag him to replace mine that moved out while I was TTing back to a later date so I could play catch up.

Grabbing the painting and then I'll be on my way.

I'll probably have mine move at some point honestly, though it might be awhile. He's my most recent move-in, so he probably will never suggest it until somebody else moves out. I've still got Pekoe waiting for me in bluepolicebox's other town. I'll keep you in mind.

I just got done nursing him back to health after he got sick too. ;(

Monster.

Roto13

You people need to learn to not be so anal about your towns. Whenever someone moves into the middle of a path or something in my town, I move the path.

Niraj

Chopper, I'll have some of those clothes for you in a couple minutes.

Don't worry, the letter he sends me tomorrow will make me feel like an even bigger piece of shit. D:

That would have been great. :(

You can always visit mine :(

I've been hunting for the set on my own for a while now, and have only managed to find the floor, so I wanted to ask: does anyone have the spaceship (the crazy hologram one) set that they wouldn't mind letting me catalog? It seems to be impossible to find.

I'm not sure I'd have much of value to trade for it in return, aside from about 700k bells. Sorry for being such a moocher. =/

Chopper

if i mail a bunch of stuff to Mott will he put his sloppy furniture in retail or will it just disappear?
I'm not sure if that works. I would be interested to hear proof otherwise, but the Sloppy furniture I've found in Retail has come from random neighbours. Gaston's one of my originals, and I'm not sure he's ever contributed!

milkham

I'm not sure if that works. I would be interested to hear proof otherwise, but the Sloppy furniture I've found in Retail has come from random neighbours. Gaston's one of my originals, and I'm not sure he's ever contributed!

i managed to get his bed while visiting him one day, he still doesn't have a replacement, must be sleeping on his gross floor.

Niraj

Good work. I tried taking Ankha's Throne the other day. She wasn't having any of it.

I'd imagine that the sloppy set (probably the cardboard stuff too) might be a bit different. Certain other items you can't order seem to just disappear if the villager gets rid of it, like Lionel with his gorgeous counter and bed. I think there are also certain items they just won't part with, like Anhka's throne, Lionel/Soleil's whirlpool bath, etc.

I've had two randoms move into town from street pass recently. one good one just meh. Renee with her lazy eyes. Not a huge fan. But then Lolly decided to move in, which i'm far more excited about. I think I'll keep both Merry and Lolly as my only cats.

Acid08

Banned
It always really bothers me when villagers don't have beds. Ribbot didn't have one so I sent him a Lab Bench because it seemed like an appropriate place for him to sleep.

Also customized a modern bed to be blue and sent it to Francine because she didn't have a bed.

Koomaster

if i mail a bunch of stuff to Mott will he put his sloppy furniture in retail or will it just disappear?
It'll most likely go away. I tend to help villagers redecorate their homes and will mail them oodles of furniture at once. What usually happens is they may have one or two of their old items in their pockets. So if you do a favor for them or they want to give out a random gift, that is what you end up getting. Haven't had any old furniture turn up at Re-Tail when I've mailed them things. Most of it just goes away.

My best suggestion is to mail them something that's the same size as what you want from their home. Then visit their house the next day to see if the thing you want is gone. If so, keep talking to them till they ask you to do a favor for them.

Really though it's probably just best to wait till they put what you want up at Re-Tail. That's the safest way; but may take a while.

Wolfe

You people need to learn to not be so anal about your towns. Whenever someone moves into the middle of a path or something in my town, I move the path.

I generally don't care except when they put it someplace really stupid like in front of/blocking a bridge or right up against the cliff (the side where the waterfall starts). The cliff in particular makes things feel cramped especially in Walt's case since he's between the cliff and another house.

Frogstep

It always really bothers me when villagers don't have beds. Ribbot didn't have one so I sent him a Lab Bench because it seemed like an appropriate place for him to sleep.

Also customized a modern bed to be blue and sent it to Francine because she didn't have a bed.

Ribbot's home comes with a sleek bed. I do hate that he tries to sell it on Re-Tail every week though. My Lily didn't come with one so I sent her a green one which seems to fit the theme of her home. :p

Oh dammit... sorry BPB... zoned out last night because I had to make dinner and stuff and completely missed your opening. :( Do you still have the wall and bed?

Yup, still have those things. I'll be around for a couple hours tonight. If that's no good, I can try to catch you tomorrow. No hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom