• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine are terrible, but they used to be a lot worse before I started saving stuff in letters at the post office.

That's a good idea. I actually haven't done this.

Isn't every Animal Crossing player one? If your closet isn't full 24/7 you're doing it wrong. =p

Yeah, I think you're right :p

Koomaster

It'll most likely go away. I tend to help villagers redecorate their homes and will mail them oodles of furniture at once. What usually happens is they may have one or two of their old items in their pockets. So if you do a favor for them or they want to give out a random gift, that is what you end up getting. Haven't had any old furniture turn up at Re-Tail when I've mailed them things. Most of it just goes away.

My best suggestion is to mail them something that's the same size as what you want from their home. Then visit their house the next day to see if the thing you want is gone. If so, keep talking to them till they ask you to do a favor for them.

Really though it's probably just best to wait till they put what you want up at Re-Tail. That's the safest way; but may take a while.
tumblr_n5osfaakTl1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Quoting myself here. So far what he's replaced hasn't ended up at Re-Tail. But he did just give me his crane game which was gone from his home.

But two other things he's replaced are just gone. Haven't gone to Re-Tail and he hasn't offered them to me or given them after I've done favors. So it's risky to get furniture you want from a villager this way.

Velcro Fly

Randomly got a blue rose. Well not randomly but I just kept watering my rose patch and eventually got some black roses and some red roses and now a blue rose! I accidentally lose a black tulip I had because I didn't water it. Sucks but that's life.

Labrys

Anyone have the sleek set I could catalogue? Or if you wanna sell it to me I can get you 50,000 bells for it, 20~k more than the buying price.

Velcro Fly

My Re-tail paying a premium for ore

I have a museum room full of ore

banderas.gif

and then my money rock is fucking ore today too. hahaha outstanding

Panderp

If it wasn't for you guys I probably would've sold the cardboard sofa that showed up in re-tail a few days ago. Didn't know the cardboard or sloppy sets existed until then.

If it wasn't for you guys I probably would've sold the cardboard sofa that showed up in re-tail a few days ago. Didn't know the cardboard or sloppy sets existed until then.
I think I accidentally sold a cardboard piece REALLY early on. I knew about sloppy but it was probably a month or two before I realized cardboard was rare too.

OH! And it just dawned on me... happy one year, Crossing GAF! This week marked the start of this thread which then lead to the OT being made a little bit early because of some... lewdness. *grins*

Koomaster

tumblr_n5qn0wwmjk1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_n5qmzi3gCL1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Got Pietro to put in the last pieces today. Gave him some nice colorful furniture, but not too vibrant or flashy.
Letting him keep the balloon lamp since it's a little whimsical. Don't want to completely tone down his home.
Just wanted something that fit his personality but wasn't too in your face (ie scary clown).

I sold a cardboard sofa on my first day playing. Though, honestly, I've since Re-Tail'ed a few sloppy/cardboard pieces I couldn't trade or give away.

Got Pietro to put in the last pieces today. Gave him some nice colorful furniture, but not too vibrant or flashy.
Letting him keep the balloon lamp since it's a little whimsical. Don't want to completely tone down his home.
Just wanted something that fit his personality but wasn't too in your face (ie scary clown).

That's quite a change. Nice job as always. Especially with that wall/floor combo you were working with. I like the Modern Bed in those colors.

Too bad you can't start a traveling decorator operation Saharah-style. This reminds me I have a few villagers
(all of them)
whose houses could use some work.

Koomaster

That's quite a change. Nice job as always. Especially with that wall/floor combo you were working with. I like the Modern Bed in those colors.

Too bad you can't start a traveling decorator operation Saharah-style. This reminds me I have a few villagers
(all of them)
whose houses could use some work.
Thanks! I do love helping out villagers with decorating.

Working with Pietro's wall/floor was challenging. Had to order the set so I could test different furniture with it in a room of my house. With all the furniture/shirts I ordered and re-ordered and all the refurbishing, I spent around $60k bells to put the room together for Pietro. At least I was able to Re-Tail some of the furniture that I didn't use to recoup some of the costs.

Oxx

I left some items sitting on the ground where the Fishing Tournament tent was erected.

Are these items now destroyed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom