• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

Snooty and cranky villagers are sweethearts now. I remember them being grumps/catty in the Gamecube one, but it's been over ten years, so maybe I'm making it up :/

Yeah, snooty and cranky villagers were actually snooty and cranky in Wild World/City Folk. I don't know why they made them so nice in New Leaf. It's not like they used to be that mean.

Wolfe

Yeah seeing as how this is my first AC I was a bit disappointed reading stuff about personalities on the wiki's and thinking that the snooty/cranky ones weren't nearly as bad as they were described.

I demand a refund!

Elija2

Yeah seeing as how this is my first AC I was a bit disappointed reading stuff about personalities on the wiki's and thinking that the snooty/cranky ones weren't nearly as bad as they were described.

I demand a refund!

Well, you could always give them rude greetings and catch phrases to simulate meaner personalities, but then they might catch on with your other villagers.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I caught a big Black Bass for the fishing tourney Saturday. Turned it in with an hour to spare. Figured that I would stay in 1st since the closest was ~4 in. shorter.

Nope.

My dumb, stupid villager Midge went and caught the biggest bass the world has ever seen while I was away.

Time for some eviction notices.

eviction-on-door-300x240.jpg

Yeah, snooty and cranky villagers were actually snooty and cranky in Wild World/City Folk. I don't know why they made them so nice in New Leaf. It's not like they used to be that mean.
The one that hit me the most was toning Resetti down. I don't care if he made children cry... he had a serious message. '

Oh, I've learned that the only piece of Princess I'm missing is the dresser. If anyone has one pop up in their shop that they don't want, let me know. I'll come over and snag it.

Collete

Hey guys, Phoebe is going to be in boxes tomorrow, does anybody want her?
I'll make another post tomorrow, but just thought I should ask again <_<

oatmeal

Banned
Grabbed this yesterday on the eShop (did the Target deal and got a bunch of PSN and eShop cards).

I've wanted it for awhile, I haven't had one since the GC one.

Anything I should know? I paid the 10,000 bells already and am booting it up now. Hopefully I will have my house now.

Side note, I saw in the GameTrailers review that you can customize the layout a bit...is there anyway to build more bridges? The one bridge in the center is annoying, makes traversing more complicated than it needs to be.

Also, can you get a bigger backpack or something to hold more items?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Grabbed this yesterday on the eShop (did the Target deal and got a bunch of PSN and eShop cards).

I've wanted it for awhile, I haven't had one since the GC one.

Anything I should know? I paid the 10,000 bells already and am booting it up now. Hopefully I will have my house now.

Side note, I saw in the GameTrailers review that you can customize the layout a bit...is there anyway to build more bridges? The one bridge in the center is annoying, makes traversing more complicated than it needs to be.

Also, can you get a bigger backpack or something to hold more items?

You can build two more bridges. Once you achieve 100% approval (go to the town hall and talk to Isabelle for your % if you haven't gotten 100% yet) you'll be able to build public works projects. Note that you won't be able to build most of these unless a villager suggests them to you. You can get one suggestion per day, and different villager personality types offer different suggestions. There's a link in the OP to a spreadsheet that has them all listed. If you want the different bridge PWPs to be suggested, you can only have two bridges at most up, otherwise they won't ever bring them up, for whatever reason.

You can't, but you can store items in a locker that can be accessed from any closet/dresser/etc or the train station locker. Later on you'll get a museum second floor which also has a locker. You can also store items in letters in your inventory.

oatmeal

Banned
You can build two more bridges. Once you achieve 100% approval (go to the town hall and talk to Isabelle for your % if you haven't gotten 100% yet) you'll be able to build public works projects. Note that you won't be able to build most of these unless a villager suggests them to you. You can get one suggestion per day, and different villager personality types offer different suggestions. There's a link in the OP to a spreadsheet that has them all listed. If you want the different bridge PWPs to be suggested, you can only have two bridges at most up, otherwise they won't ever bring them up, for whatever reason.

You can't, but you can store items in a locker that can be accessed from any closet/dresser/etc or the train station locker. Later on you'll get a museum second floor which also has a locker. You can also store items in letters in your inventory.

Thanks!

Enjoying it so far...I wish that every time I left the store or anything they didn't have to say bye :(

Late night Cube (the lazy robot penguin) giveaway! He's free to the first person who can come pick him up. He's really amazing, so anyone you gets him is in for a treat. :)

Posting this on GFAQs too, so first come, first serve. Thanks.

Edit: Someone claimed him. Bye Cube... ;_;

Fandangox

Hello. I was wondering if anyone here has Jeremiah in their townn and wouldn't mind parting with him :v. A friend had Jeremiah (One of this two favorite villagers) but he left so we have been looking around for towns with him.

If anyone has jeremiah and doesn't mind parting with him what would you like in exchange?

Niraj

Hello. I was wondering if anyone here has Jeremiah in their townn and wouldn't mind parting with him :v. A friend had Jeremiah (One of this two favorite villagers) but he left so we have been looking around for towns with him.

If anyone has jeremiah and doesn't mind parting with him what would you like in exchange?

Just keep in mind that your friend will need to have had 16 villagers move after Jeremiah left if they want him back.

Fandangox

Just keep in mind that your friend will need to have had 16 villagers move after Jeremiah left if they want him back.

Wait what, is this like a condition? He used to have Biskit, he left, and then he got my biskit and I don't think he had 16 villagers move out for that.

Edit: nevermind, he never had biskit.

Man 16 villagers ;_; he has had only 2 out so far.

Niraj

Wait what, is this like a condition? He used to have Biskit, he left, and then he got my biskit and I don't think he had 16 villagers move out for that.

Edit: nevermind, he never had biskit.

Man 16 villagers ;_; he has had only 2 out so far.

Yup, unfortunately it's a thing.

Panderp

Late night Cube (the lazy robot penguin) giveaway! He's free to the first person who can come pick him up. He's really amazing, so anyone you gets him is in for a treat. :)

Posting this on GFAQs too, so first come, first serve. Thanks.

Edit: Someone claimed him. Bye Cube... ;_;

Nooooooo. Cube is my most sought after villager. I am cry.

Niraj

Carmen asked for a butterfly, so I headed to the island to catch one since it's raining in my town. Surprisingly, the first three I went to had three other people (and there were no butterflies :( ). I always found that to be very uncommon. The fourth one, somebody disconnected since I wouldn't give them money, but thankfully the fifth time was the charm.

Edit: also odd: Ankha wanted to visit at 10:30. She arrives like normal. Do the usual "talk, then move to another room, repeat" deal. She followed me upstairs and to the basement, but wouldn't follow me into any of the other rooms :/ never had that happen before.

Koomaster

The fourth one, somebody disconnected since I wouldn't give them money,
That still happens? Ugh, that's why I stopped bothering with Club Tortimer. People want to hold you for ransom for your clothes or money.
Cool. That will atleast allow me to place him nicely with the alt trick. One good thing about this is Klaus' house was a bit too close to mine so now I can plan some things out.
Ken is in boxes today waiting for you. Just let me know when is a good time to open up my gates. :)

Niraj

That still happens? Ugh, that's why I stopped bothering with Club Tortimer. People want to hold you for ransom for your clothes or money.Ken is in boxes today waiting for you. Just let me know when is a good time to open up my gates. :)

Unfortunately. I wouldn't be adverse to helping if they weren't rude about it. A girl on one of the three person islands said "give me your rose." If she had politely asked, I wouldn't have minded since I have plenty. But nope.

Unfortunately. I wouldn't be adverse to helping if they weren't rude about it. A girl on one of the three person islands said "give me your rose." If she had politely asked, I wouldn't have minded since I have plenty. But nope.

I've yet to go to Club Tortimer. Do you know if I can pair up with a friend and just have the island to ourselves or will random people join in?

Niraj

I've yet to go to Club Tortimer. Do you know if I can pair up with a friend and just have the island to ourselves or will random people join in?

No, it's random. If you want to do stuff on the island with friends you have to invite them to your town (or you go to theirs) and you all go together. If you want to stay alone on a Club Tortimer island, you can start a tour and not sit down. Nobody else will be able to come. I used to do that when bug hunting during the day, would just go to an international island and do that.

Chopper

No, it's random. If you want to do stuff on the island with friends you have to invite them to your town (or you go to theirs) and you all go together. If you want to stay alone on a Club Tortimer island, you can start a tour and not sit down. Nobody else will be able to come. I used to do that when bug hunting during the day, would just go to an international island and do that.
Awesome tip. I am astonished that I am still learning things about this game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That still happens? Ugh, that's why I stopped bothering with Club Tortimer. People want to hold you for ransom for your clothes or money.Ken is in boxes today waiting for you. Just let me know when is a good time to open up my gates. :)
Anytime from now should be fine. I'll keep my eye on the thread

Wolfe

Edit: also odd: Ankha wanted to visit at 10:30. She arrives like normal. Do the usual "talk, then move to another room, repeat" deal. She followed me upstairs and to the basement, but wouldn't follow me into any of the other rooms :/ never had that happen before.

I've had that happen a couple times now with the right room only, was weird and haven't had it happen since.

Velcro Fly

Hell yes got Wolfgang to move in when he was camping. Pretty sure I had him on Wild World too.

Also another blue rose! I'm going to see if I can keep them close by and mass produce them. I love how roses look in this game. Definitely my favorite flower. Maybe I need to organize an official flower patch somewhere instead of just watering the random spots where they keep growing.

So I was wrong before... I don't need the dresser from Gracie... I need the closet. Last piece I'm looking for. If anyone has it, please let me know. I'll come over and buy it. Or if you grab it for me, I'll pay ya back and I can visit later.

Thank you! :D

Collete

And holy...
My turnip prices are 623 if anyone wants to come over o_O
I wish I bought turnips now...

So I was wrong before... I don't need the dresser from Gracie... I need the closet. Last piece I'm looking for. If anyone has it, please let me know. I'll come over and buy it. Or if you grab it for me, I'll pay ya back and I can visit later.

Thank you! :D

Did you need the princess closet or a Gracie closet or something?
The princess closet is in my town right now.

Edit: Leaving gate open for a few hours if anyone wants to come over for turnips, sigs, etc. Euda, you can come over and buy the closet as well if you needed it. If not, I'll buy it for you before the store closes and you can pick it up later, just tell me if that's the closet you're looking for.

And holy...
My turnip prices are 623 if anyone wants to come over o_O
I wish I bought turnips now...
Did you need the princess closet or a Gracie closet or something?
The princess closet is in my town right now.
HOLY CRAP!

I need the closet and I need to sell nips! O.O

Thank you for offering, Tintin... I would have taken you up on that if Collete didn't have higher.

Come on over then, gates open! :p
I'll be afk for the rest of the night tho
Sweet! Closet bought and turnips sold! I left your tip somewhere in your town. :p Thank you!

By the way... you have all those perfect cherries... Waylon mentioned he had a premium on those today. In case you were looking to get rid of them and missed his post.

Collete

Sweet! Closet bought and turnips sold! I left your tip somewhere in your town. :p Thank you!

By the way... you have all those perfect cherries... Waylon mentioned he had a premium on those today. In case you were looking to get rid of them and missed his post.

You're welcome!

I am looking very hard for it and I can't find the tip D:
Hint where you put it? lol

And yeah I saw that, I 'm just not sure if I have time now to pop in and sell them.
Thank you for telling me though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom