• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 campers in a row and none of them frogs. Why do these creature camp at my town! D:

They just want you to love them.

tumblr_n5wkmko8V11qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
ugh yeah i have her in my cycle town

kangaroos with the joeys unnerve me, i can only stand the male ones

3 of my first 10 townies were kangaroos. :/

I still have Kitt. I like her. I would have kept Walt but his house was in a bad spot. I couldn't get Astrid the fuck out of my town fast enough.

Labrys

3 of my first 10 townies were kangaroos. :/

I still have Kitt. I like her. I would have kept Walt but his house was in a bad spot. I couldn't get Astrid the fuck out of my town fast enough.

GUH ASTRID i am not a fan of her she was in EVERY SINGLE ONE of my City Folk towns. I'm getting flashbacks.

But, yeah, with groucho this puts me at:
4 Bears
3 Hamsters
1 Cat
1 Squirrel
1 Deer

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Proper painting at Redd's. Somebody needed that, right?

Edit: I think it was Roto13. I'll reserve it for him just in case.

Elija2

For the past 4 days my money rock has been giving me ore. Am I just super lucky or what?

I went weeks without a camper and now the one I have doesn't want to move in. I'm tired of having 8 villagers! Does anyone have anyone interesting leaving their towns?

If you keep talking to them they'll want to move in eventually.

Frogstep

I went weeks without a camper and now the one I have doesn't want to move in. I'm tired of having 8 villagers! Does anyone have anyone interesting leaving their towns?

Jacques moved away a couple of days ago from my town. But yeah, it's like Elija said, just keep talking to them and they'll bring up moving.

tumblr_n5xwygcCKv1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

For some reason Ken was hiding a bunch of fossils under his house. o___O

D:

Koomaster

Uh, I think campers only move in when you have 9 villagers exactly.
No, as long as you have space you can convince one to move. Some just take more talking to than others.

I got Gloria as like my 7th or 8th? She actually forced herself into the town, I didn't have much of a choice. As soon as I talked to her she was all, Let's play rock paper scissors to see if I move here. I was like; 'wtf you talking about duck?' She won so she moved into town. But I have a feeling even if I won she would have moved in as well. :p

piggychan

I only have about 5 sloppy items:

HNI_0009.jpg

and also my recent HHA score after switching to Toy Shop Theme.

HNI_0054-1.jpg

and seriously... Boone has the hots for me..

HNI_0074-1.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well goodo, placed Ken in a decent spot. I would have gone with his first position but I couldn't think of a nice way to rework the path so I decided to just quit and try again.

Wolfe

Speaking of sloppy I found another bed in retail today, would love to trade it for one of the pieces I'm missing but all I need is the couch/TV/lamp/sink.

If anyone wants it let me know. If you have one of the pieces I'm missing to trade that would be great but if not you can still have it, not really expecting anyone to have spares of those four.

Also this reminds me that it would be nice if you could reduce room size, expanding every room is fun and all until you find sets that would go better in smaller rooms and you're stuck with a giant room instead that you have to shove crap into to make it not look barren.

I believe I have only found 1 sloppy item (the clock?) and Roto13 was over to buy it from Re-Tail...and that's the last I've ever seen a sloppy item XD

Good thing I'm not that much of a completionist like most peeps on this thread =P

Speaking of which has anyone got the largest sized town tree now? I'm not sure if mine is or it's nearing the final size.

Niraj

I believe I have only found 1 sloppy item (the clock?) and Roto13 was over to buy it from Re-Tail...and that's the last I've ever seen a sloppy item XD

Good thing I'm not that much of a completionist like most peeps on this thread =P

Speaking of which has anyone got the largest sized town tree now? I'm not sure if mine is or it's nearing the final size.

I thought the biggest tree required you to play 500 unique days and 500 hours. So nobody should have it. I'd guess many have the 300 days+300 hours one though.

I thought the biggest tree required you to play 500 unique days and 500 hours. So nobody should have it. I'd guess many have the 300 days+300 hours one though.

Ah unique days, I thought TT worked on it, can't wait for it to be as large as possible wonder if it'll look like the Animal Crossing plaza one.

Niraj

Ah unique days, I thought TT worked on it, can't wait for it to be as large as possible wonder if it'll look like the Animal Crossing plaza one.

I'd imagine time traveling would work, but I think most people here who do that are people who are behind and are trying to catch up to the current date, rather than going ahead.

It looks like this:
qQI7xR4.jpg

I'd imagine time traveling would work, but I think most people here who do that are people who are behind and are trying to catch up to the current date, rather than going ahead.

Looks good lol, would love to keep my Villager sat down there but the final count on visitors to my place is woefully low XD

Koomaster

Yeah for those that have a US copy of the game I think I calculated it should be around the end of October for the biggest tree if you have played every day since launch.

Westraid

After failing for about four times, I finally managed to get Vesta when someone put her up for adoption. Super happy to have her moving in, but the bad thing was that one of my 10 villagers had to move.
I hoped Renée or Puddles would announce, but nooo it had to be Mitzi, one of my starters and favourites. I felt so bad when I said I was okay with her moving. :(
Luckily found someone who had her in a previous AC game, but it's ridiculous how bad I feel over this wtf.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I still need to catch up to the current date. I just haven't sat down and played for a decent time to do so. But I'm on holiday from tomorrow so I should have some time to play and time travel to the present.

Niraj

Looks good lol, would love to keep my Villager sat down there but the final count on visitors to my place is woefully low XD

I haven't checked in awhile. Last time I checked it was like 800 or something :p wonder if I'm close to 1000.

Yeah for those that have a US copy of the game I think I calculated it should be around the end of October for the biggest tree if you have played every day since launch.

It was a little narrow-minded of me (and nothing to do with your post really), but I probably should've clarified that nobody with a North American, European, or Korean (I think) copy should have it :p good to know on the date though. Wonder how many of us will make it.

After failing for about four times, I finally managed to get Vesta when someone put her up for adoption. Super happy to have her moving in, but the bad thing was that one of my 10 villagers had to move.
I hoped Renée or Puddles would announce, but nooo it had to be Mitzi, one of my starters and favourites. I felt so bad when I said I was okay with her moving. :(
Luckily found someone who had her in a previous AC game, but it's ridiculous how bad I feel over this wtf.

How could you?
just kidding :(

Westraid

I still need to catch up to the current date. I just haven't sat down and played for a decent time to do so. But I'm on holiday from tomorrow so I should have some time to play and time travel to the present.
Same here. I'm two months behind!

I haven't checked in awhile. Last time I checked it was like 800 or something :p wonder if I'm close to 1000.

How could you?
just kidding :(
hni_0062fuu5h.jpg

I knoooooow! I still feel a little bad but look at how cute Vesta is! ovo

Wolfe

Ooo a lucky ticket prize, what could it be?!

A pipe!

Now to find out who sells the AC weed, I'm betting it's Leif.

I still can't find it...T____T
Halp.

Him and Boomer have been both burying bodies I see...
Haha! Those are not the fossils of dinosaurs... those are the bodies of villagers you never found a town for them to move to!

Also.. *chuckles* I bet you never even bothered to check the beach, huh? :p

Wolfe

So I finally, after around 6 months of playing, got the Emporium a couple days ago. But why I am not getting the sale prices? Or the Card series items?

Is May a sales month? I ask because I'm still not caught up enough to check my own game (still in late April) but I know some months don't have sales based on my time having the emporium.

Elija2

So I finally, after around 6 months of playing, got the Emporium a couple days ago. But why I am not getting the sale prices? Or the Card series items?

Is there a SALE sign outside of the Emporium? Maybe you can only get the sales if you've had the Emporium for more than a couple days.

Is May a sales month? I ask because I'm still not caught up enough to check my own game (still in late April) but I know some months don't have sales based on my time having the emporium.

Yeah, May is a sales month.

May 15 to 31 from what I've read.

Is there a SALE sign outside of the Emporium? Maybe you can only get the sales if you've had the Emporium for more than a couple days.

No sale sign. I'll keep checking every day I guess.

Figures... I have a bunch of ugly chickens at my campsite when I actually have room for new villagers. Sylvia moves in uninvited and the next day Wolfgang is in my camp. If they ever make an animal crossing wii u I demand a way to murder villagers.

I found my AC cart after thinking if lost it. Hadn't booted the game in 12 months. Everyone's harping on me for being gone so long.

I don't even remember how to play anymore. I was very early in the game. Missed Xmas, Haloween, holidays, everything.

Should I restart?

Elija2

I found my AC cart after thinking if lost it. Hadn't booted the game in 12 months. Everyone's harping on me for being gone so long.

I don't even remember how to play anymore. I was very early in the game. Missed Xmas, Haloween, holidays, everything.

Should I restart?

There's no point in restarting unless you really want to time travel back to experience all the holidays and events you missed. Might as well just go with the flow.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you haven't played since a year ago you'll basically be starting from the same point just one year on. Why travel back to experience the events in 2013 when it makes no difference to experience them the first time in 2014?

Koomaster

Should I restart?
Unless you hate your town layout or your villagers, there is no need to restart. After you talk to everyone once they will never mention your long absence again. So it's not like villagers will be bringing up; 'Remember how you were gone for a whole year that one time.'

You might have a weed problem, but I think Leif takes care of that if you pay him some bells.

But like others said, there is no reason to restart. Just keep playing from today forward and experience the game as it plays out from here.

There's no point in restarting unless you really want to time travel back to experience all the holidays and events you missed. Might as well just go with the flow.

Unless you hate your town layout or your villagers, there is no need to restart. After you talk to everyone once they will never mention your long absence again. So it's not like villagers will be bringing up; 'Remember how you were gone for a whole year that one time.'

You might have a weed problem, but I think Leif takes care of that if you pay him some bells.

But like others said, there is no reason to restart. Just keep playing from today forward and experience the game as it plays out from here.

Yeah I kinda like the more organic feeling if being gone so long. So refresh my memory how do I make money in AC?

Niraj

I ended up buying that proper painting yesterday. So Roto, if you still needed that, let me know.

Koomaster

Did someone who recently came to visit my town leave me a black rose?
tumblr_n5ze2wISy41swqxw3o1_400.jpg

This one just randomly showed up; no other roses in the area for it to have bred from. I'm also not missing a black rose so it's not like someone moved it.

If someone didn't leave it, then I'm uh, not sure how it got there.
Yeah I kinda like the more organic feeling if being gone so long. So refresh my memory how do I make money in AC?
Sell things at Re-Tail. Catch bugs/fish to sell. Buy turnips on Sundays and check prices in your town (and other people's) and sell when you can make a profit.

If you want some fast cash, go to the island at night and beetle hunt. Each one is worth thousands of bells, Golden stags especially are worth 12k bells.

I still don't have access to travel on the boat. Right now in picking peaches from my trees and shells abd selling them. My house is too cramped to dump stuff in, and my pockets get full quickly.

How do I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom