• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adroit

I still don't have access to travel on the boat. Right now in picking peaches from my trees and shells abd selling them. My house is too cramped to dump stuff in, and my pockets get full quickly.

How do I fix this?
You can store stuff in the lockers at the train station. Storage is divided up into three sections (A, B, and C). Each section has six pages. You can buy dresser-type furniture to put in your house which will give you access to the same storage.

Talk to Tom Nook to enlarge your house.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yay paid of Nook. Get new house in the morning. But how do unlock the boat?

Once you pay off the first house loan (the one that actually creates your house, not all expansions) Isabelle will introduce Tortimer to you on the start-up screen. Then you go to your dock on the beach and talk to Tortimer.

isshoniphotomario.jpg

These cards are getting released in the US through Target at May 28th, hopefully Europe will follow and then the Animal Crossing ones will be released as well:
top_lineup_img.png

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/05/22/super-mario-ar-eshop-cards-will-available-may-28-target/

Collete

Haha! Those are not the fossils of dinosaurs... those are the bodies of villagers you never found a town for them to move to!

Also.. *chuckles* I bet you never even bothered to check the beach, huh? :p

The funny thing is, Boomer and Ken were both villagers from my towns...I guess there's some sort of connection here!

Oh my gosh...Really!?
You're as sneaky as my villagers when they play hide and seek and hide behind one of my tens of banana trees D:

Also I got Savannah moving in tomorrow :D
My town is now officially more than 50% horses, wooo

Got Tia today! :D I think she's one of the coolest new villagers, and I'm glad to finally have her. She'll probably be my last villager too, since we're closing in on the one year mark. Now to see if I can get her picture, and the other two I still need from my villager before I'm done.

Unrelated, are we sure white carnations exist? I've been trying to breed them since Mother's Day and I haven't gotten one yet. They come from pink x pink right? I know some places say red x pink, but I've heard that is misinformation.

Frogstep

Also I got Savannah moving in tomorrow :D
My town is now officially more than 50% horses, wooo

Hurray! You're doing it! :D

I've got 1 more froggy to get and I'll have a town full of froggies. Then it's just a matter of cycling froggies till I have the 10 permanent ones I want. :p

Acid08

Banned
Thanks to Hours Left for letting me know of a Lucha auction on Gamefaqs. Unfortunately I got outbid because my Bell game ain't strong enough.

Collete

Hurray! You're doing it! :D

I've got 1 more froggy to get and I'll have a town full of froggies. Then it's just a matter of cycling froggies till I have the 10 permanent ones I want. :p

Nice :D

The only problem with horses moving in...
They Always move on my flower garden...It's been more than an hour of resetting to get her in the right spot, and she still won't move in on my villager island correctly...T_T

Oh my gosh...Really!?
You're as sneaky as my villagers when they play hide and seek and hide behind one of my tens of banana trees D:
*giggles* I almost dropped one in between each tree! Then I thought you'd probably never find them then. *chuckles*
I wanna visit someone's town. How does it work? My friend code is 1118-0328-7245
Just have to add them to your friends list first and they'll be added to your list in game as long as they added you as well.

I'll be around in an hour or so if you're still looking to pop by another town. (FC is in my profile)

*giggles* I almost dropped one in between each tree! Then I thought you'd probably never find them then. *chuckles*

Just have to add them to your friends list first and they'll be added to your list in game as long as they added you as well.

I'll be around in an hour or so if you're still looking to pop by another town. (FC is in my profile)

I added you.

So what's there to do during the day. I'm running around but my trees don't have fruit.

Been always confused at this issue...when you have 9 villagers, does the game force a 10th on you?

I didn't even realize Anabelle moved in one day in a patch of land that's never used for anything.

789shadow

Banned
Been always confused at this issue...when you have 9 villagers, does the game force a 10th on you?

I didn't even realize Anabelle moved in one day in a patch of land that's never used for anything.
You can only get a 10th villager by camper, inviting one from another town, or by Streetpass.

I added you.

So what's there to do during the day. I'm running around but my trees don't have fruit.
You could fish to make money or catch bugs and try to fill your museum up. The first post shows what's available this time of year. There's also writing letters to your villagers, hunting for balloons, and talking to everyone to see what kind of errands they have for you.

I'll open up in ten minutes, by the way. :) I'll be working so I won't be crazy chatty but you can look around and see how developed my town is. I've been playing nearly every day since launch with over 700 hours.

You could fish to make money or catch bugs and try to fill your museum up. The first post shows what's available this time of year. There's also writing letters to your villagers, hunting for balloons, and talking to everyone to see what kind of errands they have for you.

I'll open up in ten minutes, by the way. :) I'll be working so I won't be crazy chatty but you can look around and see how developed my town is. I've been playing nearly every day since launch with over 700 hours.

I see you online, but when i go to train station it doesn't show you on my list...or anyone for that matter.

I see you online, but when i go to train station it doesn't show you on my list...or anyone for that matter.
I need to open up my gate first for me to show up. Just tidying up the last of my fossils. Gimme a sec.

Also... number one rule in my town... no running except on the designated paths. You'll know them when you see them. :p

adroit

Pekoe: "According to your answers, you only need one thing to be truly happy. And that's...a blowtorch! Isn't this quiz amazing? It's just so insightful!"

This game. 8D

oatmeal

Banned
Paid off my loan for 30k yesterday.

Question...

Why is running bad for the grass? I hate walking.

Question...

How do you guys save? I only play AC right now and if I want to stop for 5 hours should I save and quit or just save and continue and close it?

Labrys

Question...

Question...

How do you guys save? I only play AC right now and if I want to stop for 5 hours should I save and quit or just save and continue and close it?

1. Running wears down your grass leaving brown dirt spots that will eventually heal. A lot of people dislike this, hence nobody liking running.

2. I save either after I get a lot of shit done+continue or save+turn off after getting all my daily "chores" done.

Question...

Question...

If you like dirt... run away! Once the grass is gone though, it takes FOREVER for it to grow back... as in... you'll have to wait until after Winter if you really want it to regain it's glory.

I usually save and quit unless I know I'm going back to it soon.

Do you get grasswear even if you only run on stone surfaces in your town?
If I remember correctly, I though Philia said it does.

Oh, and for those who were not around for it last year... tarantulas and scorpions will disappear into paths made that way. I remember the frustration. *shudders*

Wolfe

Do you get grasswear even if you only run on stone surfaces in your town?

You get grass deterioration wherever you run on grass, hence why people are able to make dirt paths if they like. Since there is no grass on stone surfaces (such as in front of the train station or around the town tree) you can run there and not worry about any wear.

From my own experience I've noticed that the game seems to only consider the player as running when they're moving fast enough to create the little dust clouds behind their feet. So you can still move decently fast without making dust clouds if you so desire and therefore still not worry about wearing down the grass. It's how I was playing for the many months before I finally got around to putting down some paths and I never had to deal with grass deterioration.

Also the grass doesn't take that long to regrow, maybe a month or two at most but when you're playing the game a bit or more each day it can definitely seem like forever.

789shadow

Banned
You get grass deterioration wherever you run on grass, hence why people are able to make dirt paths if they like. Since there is no grass on stone surfaces (such as in front of the train station or around the town tree) you can run there and not worry about any wear.

From my own experience I've noticed that the game seems to only consider the player as running when they're moving fast enough to create the little dust clouds behind their feet. So you can still move decently fast without making dust clouds if you so desire and therefore still not worry about wearing down the grass. It's how I was playing for the many months before I finally got around to putting down some paths and I never had to deal with grass deterioration.

Also the grass doesn't take that long to regrow, maybe a month or two at most but when you're playing the game a bit or more each day it can definitely seem like forever.
Well, I'm getting a shit ton of grass deterioration. I guess just walking on the same areas every day does it.

adroit

Just to be clear, you get grass wear whether you walk or run. If you want grass in an area, don't walk or run on it.

All my grass wear (dirt paths) is from walking. I never run on my paths because most of them are single-wide and lined with flowers.

The main reason for not running in someone else's town is to avoid accidentally destroying flowers (especially hybrid colors).

Wolfe

Just to be clear, you get grass wear whether you walk or run. If you want grass in an area, don't walk or run on it.

All my grass wear (dirt paths) is from walking. I never run on my paths because most of them are single-wide and lined with flowers.

The main reason for not running in someone else's town is to avoid accidentally destroying flowers (especially hybrid colors).

I disagree, once I started walking everywhere I stopped getting grass wear at all and the spots that had worn down eventually regrew (and this was well before winter and snow). I'm not saying "I'm right and you're wrong" necessarily just that from my experience that is not the case.

Besides saying not to even walk on an area if you don't want grass wear seems crazy, as it implies you can't step foot there at all and as I mentioned earlier I walked everywhere in my town regularly without seeing any dirt paths develop.

Koomaster

I turn the game on in the morning and play throughout the day. Whenever I'm not playing I just close the 3DS and either put it in my pocket if I'm running around, or rest it in the charger. I only save & quit right before going to bed for the night.

Frogstep

The place around my house is already returning to it's barren wasteland self once again. It's funny cause now the zen garden and hot spring I have below my house look incredibly out of place. :p

piggychan

Question...

Question...

Even accidentally destroying other players hybrid flowers can break friendships in this game... Its all about trust !!

So I recommend you grow some on the beach...

zlCfzR6o5d4B2zyFoI

zlCfzR3w5NMYttV0Ru

zlCfzR3iJJ0zmcgk1K

Elija2

I've got some stuff to give away if anyone wants them:

Zipper's pic x2
egg bed
egg floor

golden closet
golden man
golden carpet x2
golden wall

jolly painting
cool globe
western vista
basement floor

Unrelated, are we sure white carnations exist? I've been trying to breed them since Mother's Day and I haven't gotten one yet. They come from pink x pink right? I know some places say red x pink, but I've heard that is misinformation.

We are very sure they exist. I have dozens of them. Yes, 2 pinks is the way to go. But once you get two whites they breed very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom