• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

Banned
This game is so strange to get back into. I want to power through stuff but you're so limited at first.

Enjoying it a lot though.

Koomaster

It's Weird. Carnations grow fine for me, but pink tulips barely breed in my town. I swear every file has its own mix of percentages.
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. I have always thought something like that goes on with the shops. There are 5 or 6 wallpapers/carpets that my Nook's never stock even though I have been playing nearly a year and check every day. Yet something like the Chic wallpaper will be for sale every week. Took me months to find the Playroom Wall and Floor and I have yet to see them since they were on sale for one day each.

It's probably to encourage online interaction and trading or something.

Velcro Fly

Recently had Lily move in to replace Dotty and convinced Wolfgang to move in while he was camping. Love them both.

Pretty sure i need Rolf to move out now though. Maybe let one of Limbergh/Ricky go.

Definitely love Chops though.

Marvie_3

Banned
Recently had Lily move in to replace Dotty and convinced Wolfgang to move in while he was camping. Love them both.

Pretty sure i need Rolf to move out now though. Maybe let one of Limbergh/Ricky go.

Definitely love Chops though.

I wish I could get Rolf back but I haven't cycled through enough townies yet. :(

Just a reminder new peeps visiting towns, never take flowers unless you were given permission. Considering a lot of us put time into setting up hybrids and planning things out and you could grab flowers that were important to a setup.

Especially Jacob's Ladders. You cannot grow them - they only show up randomly when you have a perfect town.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just a reminder new peeps visiting towns, never take flowers unless you were given permission. Considering a lot of us put time into setting up hybrids and planning things out and you could grab flowers that were important to a setup.

Especially Jacob's Ladders. You cannot grow them - they only show up randomly when you have a perfect town.

Can I steal your flowers since I'm not new?

byR3A3w.jpg

All the paintings I have for sale. FC is 4270-1022-0210

Collete

Kabuki's leaving on the 29th by the way if anyone wants him?
Since wee had her, I prefer not to give him off to some random stranger on tumblr.
Anyone want him?

Kabuki_NewLeaf_Official.png

Also...

tumblr_n63nygNp5n1si5npho1_400.jpg

And lucky horse number 6 moves in, Savannah!
Really excited to have her since I rarely ever see her up for adoption for free or not.
She's a real cutie though :D

tumblr_n63o16XJ7H1si5npho1_400.jpg

Caroline is terrifying as ever with those freaky eyes...

Frogstep

I made a boo-boo and accidentally told one of my villagers (Merry) it was okay that they wanted to move away. Any way to reverse that decision?

If you haven't saved before you told them it was ok to move you can still reset and undo that decision. You can also get them to change their minds if you talk to them before the day they're boxed up and getting ready to move.

I remember talking to Del the day after he told me was moving and he brought up moving again and I had the option to stop it. As long as he/she is not moving tomorrow you still have time.

Wolfe

Kabuki's leaving on the 29th by the way if anyone wants him?
Since wee had her, I prefer not to give him off to some random stranger on tumblr.
Anyone want him?

I have been looking for a cranky and could use another cat after letting go of Bob!

I made a boo-boo and accidentally told one of my villagers (Merry) it was okay that they wanted to move away. Any way to reverse that decision?
As frog step already mentioned, talk to your villager a bunch. They usually offer up a chance to reverse their decision at some point. You can try save/quitting out of the game and then come back and rinse/repeat if it seems the conversations are going no where.

Koomaster

Sometimes you'll also get another villager super concerned about their friend leaving and want you to go with them to their home. Then you can either reassure both that the move is a good idea or change the moving villager's mind and convince them to stay.

I don't know how rare that is, I've only had it happen once, but then again I don't really let a lot of my villagers leave.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Sometimes you'll also get another villager super concerned about their friend leaving and want you to go with them to their home. Then you can either reassure both that the move is a good idea or change the moving villager's mind and convince them to stay.

I don't know how rare that is, I've only had it happen once, but then again I don't really let a lot of my villagers leave.

That's pretty cool, didn't know that could happen. I haven't had a ton of movers though.

Acid08

Banned
Got Stitches' pic after only having him for ~4 months. Have had Lobo since a week after the game came out and nothing. COME ON LOBO.

Elija2

Whoa, I didn't know that could happen. That's pretty cool.

Perfect peach and perfect apple on premium.

Also, anyone available for signatures?

Finally, weird request maybe but I'm looking for a rotten orange and peach. I've got a bunch of rotten cherries if anyone wants them

789shadow

Banned
Perfect peach and perfect apple on premium.

Also, anyone available for signatures?

Finally, weird request maybe but I'm looking for a rotten orange and peach. I've got a bunch of rotten cherries if anyone wants them
Well, I can open up, but I doubt any villagers are still awake.

EDIT: Or not. Too late to wait around.

Tom_Cody

I'm a total rookie to Animal Crossing. I played a bit last year but I stopped after about ten hours. I've been wanting to get back into it for a while and I finally booted it up this morning.

I don't think I was really approaching it from the right mindset in the past. My play sessions always feel directionless which makes the task of playing it seem daunting. It would be nice to just have one or two goals to work on at a time.

Are there any good beginner's guides online that I can read?

One specific question: I had started one building project before I gave up on the game (a bridge); how do donations work? Do I have to leave the game running in sleep mode? Also, in general, can you leave the game running all the time or are you meant to exit out periodically to let things in the town update?

Koomaster

One specific question: I had started one building project before I gave up on the game (a bridge); how do donations work? Do I have to leave the game running in sleep mode? Also, in general, can you leave the game running all the time or are you meant to exit out periodically to let things in the town update?
You don't have to have the game in sleep mode for your villagers to make donations. But if you wait for them it's going to be really really really slow. They may only donate a few hundred bells a week. It's really up to you to gather the money and donate yourself if you want to see anything built fast.

You can leave the game running all the time (I leave it running all day) if you want. The game updates at 6am everyday. If the game is on during that time, you'll see a message from Isabelle about how it's time to start a brand new day. Then a short screen wipe and boom, new day happens. Fossils are buried, flowers grow, etc.

Coketruck

If anybody wants Elmer the horse, he's in boxes in my town. Let me know if you want to come grab him.

Also, I'm looking to complete my backyard/beach room. If anyone would be generous enough to let me buy (or catalog) these items, I'd really appreciate it:

- birdhouse
- garden gnome
- bug zapper
- hammock
- birdbath
- picnic table
- bird feeder
- barbecue
- backyard pool
- sprinkler
- beach chair

Thanks again!

Tom_Cody

You don't have to have the game in sleep mode for your villagers to make donations. But if you wait for them it's going to be really really really slow. They may only donate a few hundred bells a week. It's really up to you to gather the money and donate yourself if you want to see anything built fast.

You can leave the game running all the time (I leave it running all day) if you want. The game updates at 6am everyday. If the game is on during that time, you'll see a message from Isabelle about how it's time to start a brand new day. Then a short screen wipe and boom, new day happens. Fossils are buried, flowers grow, etc.
Thanks. That's good to know to start with.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think I have has a donation drive for the fortune tellers place going on for about a week now. I kind of forget that it exists since it is hidden in the station. Checking on it now it has just passed the 90k mark so needs about 250k.

I mean I have three bags of 99k outside the station just sitting there and in the bank. Hell on bug trip could pay it off. But now I'm kind curious how long I can leave this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom