• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Frogstep, this guy keeps coming to my village by mistake.

zlCfzSBnP1IpQWJhOV

Velcro Fly

I did catch a pop eyed goldfish while fooling around yesterday so it wasn't all bad.

One less thing I need to complete my museum!

edit: Got Ricky's picture in the mail this morning. Makes him leaving a little easier.

edit2: Ricky's old catchphrase lives on with Rolf. He pinged me today and was using it. Damn ='(

Anustart

Well that was unfortunate. I got on lunch at work, set my clock back an hour to buy more nips, but forgot to change the date back. Lately I've been amassing play coins while at work and had shifted the date. Goodbye all my savings, hello massive nip disposal fee.

I did catch a pop eyed goldfish while fooling around yesterday so it wasn't all bad.

One less thing I need to complete my museum!

edit: Got Ricky's picture in the mail this morning. Makes him leaving a little easier.

edit2: Ricky's old catchphrase lives on with Rolf. He pinged me today and was using it. Damn ='(
Glad you got his picture at least. :/

---

Man, this giant snakehead is gonna be the death of me. It's the last fish I need and it refuses to show up.

Also skipping buying nips this week. Gonna be too busy with E3. I'll be lucky to check on my town before I go to sleep.

milkham

Glad you got his picture at least. :/

---

Man, this giant snakehead is gonna be the death of me. It's the last fish I need and it refuses to show up.

Also skipping buying nips this week. Gonna be too busy with E3. I'll be lucky to check on my town before I go to sleep.

you're going to e3?

FTHNrS6.jpg

Just try in the fat, circular part. Save and continue til you get it :)
I think I hold the record today for save and continue. :p But yeah, been doing that too. Ah well. Not like I'm rushing against the clock for the next fishing tourney. Just wanting to complete one of my museum rooms.

Wolfe

Well that was unfortunate. I got on lunch at work, set my clock back an hour to buy more nips, but forgot to change the date back. Lately I've been amassing play coins while at work and had shifted the date. Goodbye all my savings, hello massive nip disposal fee.

Ouch, that's never a fun thing to accidentally do.

Anustart

Today was a disaster. Accidental time travel that ruined millions in turnips, then that time travel put Julian in boxes :(

But, found a buyer for Julian for 20 million, so I guess that's ok. Would have rather kept Julian though.

Zero_IYAD

Thanks everyone :")
& yeah! This game was like my birthday present last year!
It sure was fun spending a whole year with the game -tho I skipped alot in the last 3 months-..
Also a huge thank you to our great community for making this experience so worthy & enjoyable ^_^

Ghazi

Never encountered nor heard of one. What kind of trouble are you having exactly?

Unopened time capsule, recently given, whenever I dig a hole or any time I look at the item all I can do is read it.

A quick google shows me that others have had the same problem. My 3DS battery did die mid game at some point, but it was well after getting it and having it saved, so there's that.

Unopened time capsule, recently given, whenever I dig a hole or any time I look at the item all I can do is read it.

A quick google shows me that others have had the same problem. My 3DS battery did die mid game at some point, but it was well after getting it and having it saved, so there's that.

Recently as in today? I always assumed they could only be buried the day they were received. Barring that, I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest.

Ghazi

Recently as in today? I always assumed they could only be buried the day they were received. Barring that, I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest.

Like, yesterday night at 10 PM, my 3DS died 40-50 minutes later.

That is extremely lame, if those were the limitations. Kinda makes me sad, I don't remember them explaining that either.

Like, yesterday night at 10 PM, my 3DS died 40-50 minutes later.

That is extremely lame, if those were the limitations. Kinda makes me sad, I don't remember them explaining that either.

That would be it then. Unless they specifically mention you have until the next day (only happens in rare instances when you get a request late at night), every thing needs to be done before 6 AM when the game switches over to the next day. For time capsules, I usually pick the nearest available spot to that villager's door.

Niraj

Long post warning

Can’t believe it’s been a year since this came out. Reflecting back on the year we’ve had with this game has left me with a ton of great memories. Out of curiosity, I went back and found my first post in the first AC OT. Such a noob. It’s funny how massively my post count increased as time went on. Went from 28 in the first OT to 183 in the 2nd, to 741 (!), to 1628 (!!), to 1585. Yikes. I might have a little problem. Very tiny. Unlike my post count.

Anyway, my interest in the game has certainly waned a little at this point in time, simply because there isn’t much I want to do aside from grab the three badges I’m missing (though the Streetpass one...not holding my breath there). But largely my interest had stayed steady, and that’s primarily because of all of you. I’ve said it before, but this community has been my favorite thing about this forum since I’ve joined. Everyone here has been so helpful and generous. Never matters what time it is or what the request is, there’s always somebody who is willing to help, and I love that. Hell, I actually didn’t intend to buy the game initially, but got caught up in the GAF hype. Now I’m the worst of you :( but I’m glad. Gonna list some of my favorite memories off the top of my head.

Oh yeah, should mention my starting villagers (share yours too :) ): Tammi, Elise, Groucho, Flurry, and Boomer. Currently I have Flurry, Tammi, Groucho, Lionel, Soleil, Carmen, Ankha, Jacques, Muffy, and Drago. Out of those originals though, Elise and Boomer moved out (though Elise hangs out on Main Street now). Actually I have most of mine who initially moved in, just Sparro in addition to two I mentioned have moved out. In terms of other moveouts, Rhonda was a camper who moved in because I didn’t know that the villager limit was 10 and I didn’t know how common they were, and Annalisa I got from somebody who visited. In terms of the replacements I’ve gotten, Ankha and Jacques were both thanks to bluepolicebox, Soleil was thanks to MicH (though I think Philia had her before that), and Carmen was thanks to Robin64. Thank you guys once again for them :) It’s weird how attached you get to these little bros and ladybros even though the ones of the same personality have the same text and such. Anyway:

When I befriended a Japanese girl on the international island
For the most part before that, my online experiences with randoms were usually either silence, or some little shits screeching about fucking my mom with dog dicks or whatever. It was nice to be able to overcome language barriers like that through this silly little game and just have a pleasant experience overall. I actually still keep in touch with her and another friend I made on the island through email, but it’s mostly just pleasantries. The other girl I befriended also drew me these pictures of some of my villagers which was really cool (Lionel, Ankha, and Flurry). She had a cool town too actually:

tumblr_mpzqyk1vsr1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mpzq77PfdG1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mq6th49lAD1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Music Swap

tumblr_mq0noczrDm1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mq4cjsfn6n1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Many of you guys probably remember this since that’s why a lot of you added me initially. I’m not even sure how that came about, just that I was volunteered to be the music distributor. That was such a pain in the ass laying all that music out and then picking it up later, but I didn’t mind too much since I was helping you guys out. The worst were the times there was a communication error and everyone had to do it all over again. Or when people couldn’t remember where they started. Sigh.

Fireworks and other events

Maybe it’s just because these happened on weekends during the summer, but these were some fun times. People popping into other towns just to check out the fireworks and hang out. Something about the ambience of this event was just really solid and fun. I guess it applies to other events too, like helping each other get the bug/fish furniture with low scores, trading mushroom and Pave stuff, and just visiting to get region-specific items and mess around with the cutouts. These were always the most fun times in this game though, when we were all hanging out. Tree fireworks 4 lyfe.

tumblr_mr2mp6bBjF1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mr2mp6bBjF1sw5rnlo3_400.jpg
tumblr_mr2msh3KJj1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

Listening to K.K.

There were a few times where a group of us would just listen to some K.K. songs one after another. It was pretty fun to just chill out and do that, but the most fun thing was when we figured out that you could actually stand up during the songs and force the sitting people to watch you mess around.

tumblr_mr0l6fSDSC1sw5rnlo5_400.jpg
tumblr_mr0l6fSDSC1sw5rnlo4_400.jpg
tumblr_mr0l6fSDSC1sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

Tree Flag

Early on, we were split between two camps: the losers who hated the default tree flag, and the righteous ones on #teamtree. Hilarity ensued.

tumblr_mr2mhtaRZW1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr2mhtaRZW1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mr2ml5qCfW1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr904x2ftL1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mr908yyCx71sw5rnlo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mr908yyCx71sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

Winter

I think winter was a great time. A bunch of us had stopped or slowed down with our playing, but winter brought a bunch of us back into the fold, at least for a month or so. It hearkened back to when the game launched and when you would go to visit a town and there would be a ton open. Some of the snowpeople were a pain in the ass, but overall it was great that it got people playing again. It was also nice that I got my grass back, albeit temporarily :p

Accomplishments

Just being able to 100% my catalog and get as far as I did on my badges in a year was awesome. I really appreciate everyone’s help, whether it was helping me catalog stuff, or allowing me to visit/coming over for visits, so forth.

Here are some of my favorite pictures that I’ve taken in this game over the past year:

tumblr_morh12e4ld1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Poor guy.

tumblr_mqqfzmH4lM1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Self-explanatory.

tumblr_moxkgq1Veq1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Yup.

tumblr_moynd7kDMw1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Who doesn’t?

tumblr_mped5nmUGk1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mped5nmUGk1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mped5nmUGk1sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

So rude.

tumblr_mpedjbT3qD1sw5rnlo6_400.jpg

My first mover. Kind of felt bad even though I didn’t like her that much.

tumblr_mpjyrgMinM1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtlr50s7qu1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg

Messing around with these glitches were pretty fun.

tumblr_mpnd4mN7yL1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Even Flurry was concerned.

tumblr_mpv08cA5061sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

I have no context for this, at all.

tumblr_mq6t48TtIh1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Phrasing!

tumblr_mr0l85Dqwf1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

How could you hate on that cool looking dude?

tumblr_mr5dg09TcN1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Some night fishing with Animekatt.

tumblr_mr8zv658251sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

This always makes me cackle :D

tumblr_mr902l3laF1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

This was awesome. She kept burying pitfalls in my town, so I brought one back and got revenge.

tumblr_mrcqfrCPnZ1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Flurry in my wheat field room is the best thing.

tumblr_msgn9kt2UW1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

I made sure he never said that again.

tumblr_msl07dzxTN1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

My 500th visitor, bluepolicebox.

tumblr_msl0fxmojP1sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

tumblr_msl0jt4ogg1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
tumblr_msl0jt4ogg1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg
tumblr_msl0jt4ogg1sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

Some Labor Day fun. The one with Marvie_3 and Acid08 always cracks me up.

tumblr_msxbdwEiC91sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

The time Groucho busted into my house at 1 in the morning and accused me of...something.

tumblr_msxbsq1TvZ1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Some wisdom from a camper.

tumblr_mtlrfeWpSc1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mtlrfeWpSc1sw5rnlo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mtlrfeWpSc1sw5rnlo3_400.jpg

Maybe he should’ve started a thread in GAF OT.

tumblr_mugq3nJQ8P1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Speaking of…

tumblr_mw3yi1qOMw1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

They ‘mirin

tumblr_mw3ylgoZzE1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Captain Isabelle.

zlCfzRQbUvY2ueQd3X

Sounds slow-paced and terrible.

zlCfzRasu8sDKDO_QO

I like to think Jacques was a LOST fan.

zlCfzRPG1Ikexbbogd

Love all the small touches, like the Auroras and the rainbows.

zlCfzRYr8CcIok-C4n
zlCfzRYgXQE9cW1hhS
zlCfzRX3m8QjG3UxuL

Fucking up the snowpeople was awesome.

zlCfzRcM1_w6bijgyJ

This really made me laugh. It’s always great coming across new pieces of dialogue.

zlCfzRlGI4U09wXHKQ

Nailed it.

zlCfzRnCdWAsgjNhZv

Birthdays are really nice in this game.

zlCfzRt_LqA5FBuXKj

April Fools’ Day was great just for this exchange.

zlCfzRxnJvAANtZQmA

I think we all know how that goes.

Anyway, just wanted to tell you guys again that playing with you all is what made this game fun. If I had been playing by myself, I’m sure I would’ve played a lot less, and may not even have continued playing at all by now. But hey, as long as I can help one of you guys out, I’m always happy to load it up. I’m really pleased to consider many of you friends. I talk to a few of you outside of GAF (bluepolicebox, Warrior_Keoni, Animekatt, milkham), but if any of the rest of you ever need somebody to talk to, play a game with, or anything, always feel free to PM me, or I can give you my Skype or Steam info (or whatever else) and chat with you there. I couldn’t possibly list everyone who helped made this game and community so great, but off the top of my head besides the four I mentioned just above (and I know a ton of these people probably won’t ever see this lol): suzu, Frogstep, rpmurphy, SolidEyeSystem, wolfe, eudaemonic, Samurai_Heart, kamikazekoala, Linius, Westraid, Roto13, wheelhoss1, Elija2, Chopper, Marvie_3, Hours Left, Acid08, BGBW, zigg, Collete, 789shadow, SuperSah, MicH, Koomaster, SammySamusu, weemadarthur, someguyinahat, Debs, Philia, K’Dash, Oxx, Gooster, Ellix, Mekere, spindashing, and a ton of other people who I don’t mean to offend by leaving them off. You guys are all great, and much love to all of you.

TL;DR: Love you guys. That being said:

zlCfzR9VIQoNZjr4bt

(please don't quote this whole post)

Oh Christ... I uh... damn. What you said, Niraj.

I'm seriously exhausted from running around today to even get anything together as a little memory box moment but a lot of the sentiments are the same. From general hype to lewdness to reluctant behaving to everything else, this has been my favorite part of GAF for the eight years I've been a member. Thanks for letting me be such an ass and for laughing (or shaking your head) at my horrible jokes. In the same vein, if anyone needs something, I'm totally here.

Except for this week. I'm not going to be near reliable wifi. ;)

I hate listing people so I'm not going to bother but I'm pretty sure everyone I've really interacted with knows I've appreciated everything. I do have a special shout out to Robin64 who has become one of my best friends and I have this community to thank for that.

Marvie_3

Banned
Awesome post, Niraj. AC-GAF really is an awesome community.

That night when Acid and I were in your town was hilarious though. :lol

Tomorrow begins year 2 of my mayoral reign of terror!

Elija2

Dang, you and Groucho got owned by Katt when she didn't even mean to.

Great post, Niraj. AC GAF really has been an amazing community. I also wasn't planning on buying this game at first (mainly because I knew it would be a major time suck) but everyone got me hyped for it (that legendary one month until launch thread) so I bought it on launch day. No regrets! Playing with you guys has been a great experience that I won't soon forget.

My original villagers were Bob, Tia, Blanche, Pate, Hans, Barold, Genji, Rasher, Katt, and Curly. I still have half of my originals (I really lucked out with getting great villagers at the beginning) but now I've gotten Static, Tammy, Wolfgang, and Deirdre. Except for Tammy, I'm happy with who I have now. I'm probably gonna cycle her and Static out though.

I'll likely keep playing daily until I get the largest town tree after 500 days. After that I'll probably only pop in for special events (will I ever get all the birthday and zodiac items?) or if I strangely feel like it. Man, now I remember what the hardest part of playing Animal Crossing is: trying to let go!

Long post warning
Awesome post. Sums up a lot of my feelings as well. The AC GAF community is amazing, and I know that my experience with the game was enriched with getting to play with you awesome guys and gals. (And Niraj, you helped me so much. You truly are the King of Animal Crossing.)

I got a purple tulip today, and that was the last hybrid I needed. I grew every type of flower myself, and it feels really good. A great way to cap off a solid year of New Leaf. I accomplished so many of my goals with this game, and I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. It hasn't that hard though, this game is still crazy fun, even after 365 days.

I'm gonna keep playing a bit longer to get my well earned golden net, but after that, it'll be time for me to let New Leaf rest a while. I've enjoyed my time with this game so much, but it's time for new gaming adventures. :)

Frogstep

The AC GAF community is what got me to say "fuck it" and finally go for a GAF account. I missed out on the first OT but I made it in in time to meet some of the nicest and most helpful people ever.
I think BPB and Niraj were some of the first to welcome me. I'm glad that I and most of the people I've met still play this game a year after it's release. Here's to some more good times with all of you. :D

I'm really making an effort to make longer visits whenever I do happen to stop by and visit some of you. I actually already started when I visit eudaemonic's town a few days ago. :p

Wolfe

Can't deny I am glad I picked ACNL up as my first AC and to be honest if it wasn't for being on the 3DS I likely wouldn't have even thought twice about checking it out. It's been fun duders!

Funny enough though I still haven't had my birthday in game as my game date is on May 16th or 17th atm and my birthday is May 21st, soooon lol. Still can't believe I sunk more time into this thing than MH3U.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Someone quote that post in tribute to the first thread where someone quoted the whole OP. ;)

[post=60748421]Found my first post in the OTs (did post in the infamous pre release thread too)[/post] It's a bit cryptic since I can't remember why I posted it, but I'm guessing I was suffering a bit at the time.

New Leaf is the longest I've played an AC game (GCN lasted a couple months, City Folk about half a year) mostly because I was now part of a community rather than a solo player (City Folks community died after about two pages).

I admit my playtime with it has waned as all I was doing was preventing a move and that's about it. After completing the Union Flag setup for half my town and not knowing how to layout the second half I got a bit stumped on what to do. I still could expand my alts house and even have the option of moving in two more. Still need to finish the museum for bugs, dives and art and I never bothered with the catalogue so my progress if rather lacking compared to many, but what I liked was interior design, but after making a set of rooms I loved too much to destroy that fell down a bit, especially when you realised alpine was the best for customising but you really didn't want to furnish every room with alpine stuff.

EDIT: I just remembered my worst achievement. I still haven't gotten the golden wateringcan AHAHAHA!

MicH

Wow, an entire year! Can't believe you guys did that - I could only last 6 months :p I stopped just before Easter if I remember correctly and wanted to time travel back and participate in those last events I missed - even my own birthday less than a month ago. Ah well. I like checking my old AC tumblr and check out all those pictures I've taken in this game. SO MANY! This game had (and has) the best community ever here on GAF! Thanks for the wonderful memories everyone :D

Congrats guys! You should totally get Tomodachi Life, too!

Koomaster

(and I know a ton of these people probably won’t ever see this lol)
I saw. <3

<3 to all of ACGaf & happy 1 year anniversary! I've been playing Animal Crossing since the beginning, but I've never felt so connected to an AC community before this game.
You guys have already made my favorite game series even better. :)

tumblr_n6wg8raAWs1swqxw3o4_400.jpg
tumblr_n6wg8raAWs1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_n6wg8raAWs1swqxw3o5_400.jpg
tumblr_n6wg8raAWs1swqxw3o3_400.jpg

tumblr_n6wg8raAWs1swqxw3o2_400.jpg

Chopper

Happy anniversary guys! Us lowly Europeans still have a few days until we can celebrate, so I'll delay my anniversary post.

Does anyone have a couple of blue hydrangea shoots?

Tom_Cody

his this been posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAYxv_7bf7c

I have not played my 3DS for months but ready for more Animal Crossing soon

with e3 next week and seeing the Director is here in America
Just came to post this.

Kind of odd to see them posting a 17 minute interview with the creators on the English site.

Are they just taking advantage of E3 to do the interview or can we see this as a tease for Animal Crossing Wii U?

Niraj

Holy shit guys, did you know you can stack fruit?! Megaton.

I spent my time in AC this morning trying to get to a nighttime Club Tortimer island to get Groucho a rainbow stag. Amidst 10 or so daytime ones, the first night one had all the trees chopped down, the second had a communication error after somebody joined right after I caught one of the damn things, and the third time was the charm. Ingrate didn't even give me a picture or spotlight item :p

BGBW, that's really impressive that you haven't gotten that yet. Nice pictures Koomaster, really cool seeing the progression of the tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom