• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

In a year I've played 835 hours of Animal Crossing. That's about two and a half hours each day. That's crazy, especially since my second-most played 3DS game isn't even at 100 hours.

Anyway, I've got some unorderable stuff to give away if anyone wants them:

golden carpet x2
golden wall
golden man
golden closet
golden bench

western vista
basement floor
chain-link fence
lunar surface
music-room wall

egg bed
egg floor

jolly painting
cool globe

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BGBW, that's really impressive that you haven't gotten that yet.
It's mostly because I've had items dumped around my town. I did actually clean up and get perfect town status but then festivallé hit and well, those items are still on my plaza.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It's mostly because I've had items dumped around my town. I did actually clean up and get perfect town status but then festivallé hit and well, those items are still on my plaza.

Lol I hear you. I think most people just immediately tried to get it so they could go back to leaving stuff around, so I was just a little surprised.

Velcro Fly

Thanks AC GAF for always being there to answer my noob questions or listen to me vent about dumb things that happen to me! Can't believe the game has been out a year already.

I have Bettina moving in, likely from a streetpass that I got recently.

Roto13

NeoGAF was taking up too much of my time and I've been making an effort not to come here any more, but I had to pop in for the one year anniversary of Animal Crossing.

IPUdP8R.jpg

AC-GAF is the best subcommunity. You guys are the best and the only thing (besides Toronto-GAF) that I miss. ;P

Niraj

NeoGAF was taking up too much of my time and I've been making an effort not to come here any more, but I had to pop in for the one year anniversary of Animal Crossing.

AC-GAF is the best subcommunity. You guys are the best and the only thing (besides Toronto-GAF) that I miss. ;P

That's too bad man, but I understand. I'm sure I'll catch you in a multiplayer game someday :p

Wolfe

I have a few hours under my belt as well...

tumblr_n6xev9LWFT1swqxw3o1_1280.png

8)

I'm at 882 hours but my average playtime is right up there at 2:36 (still second to MonHun [edit: holy moly MonHun average playtime is over 6 hours, crazy]). My times played isn't even on the podium though at 339, hard to imagine what else is above that besides streetpass plaza...

LOL friend list/streetpass plaza/notifications. Forgot they even counted those other two.

Azuran

Banned
lol, I bought the game today not realizing it was the one year anniversary. Anyways, newbie coming through so I'll probably be asking you guys random
and stupid
questions over the coming months :p

Also, next month is going to be 10 years since I bought the original Animal Crossing pn a whim and got hooked on the series for life. One of the reasons why I finally bothered to picked this one up. Excitement!

Niraj

You bitches on Twitter? Same username on there.

Nah, I ain't about that life. I have Steam if you're on there.

I'm at 882 hours but my average playtime is right up there at 2:36 (still second to MonHun [edit: holy moly MonHun average playtime is over 6 hours, crazy]). My times played isn't even on the podium though at 339, hard to imagine what else is above that besides streetpass plaza...

LOL friend list/streetpass plaza/notifications. Forgot they even counted those other two.

My average playtime is only like an hour. I have a lot of times where I save and quit, then remember something and reload. I forget offhand, but times played is like 1100 or something lol

lol, I bought the game today not realizing it was the one year anniversary. Anyways, newbie coming through so I'll probably be asking you guys random
and stupid
questions over the coming months :p

Also, next month is going to be 10 years since I bought the original Animal Crossing pn a whim and got hooked on the series for life. One of the reasons why I finally bothered to picked this one up. Excitement!

Welcome! There's a lot of helpful information in the OP and in the OP of the older threads as well (here's the link for the 4th).

Azuran

Banned
Welcome! There's a lot of helpful information in the OP and in the OP of the older threads as well (here's the link for the 4th).

Thanks!

I gave the OPs a glance which just reminded me how intensive this series actually is. I skipped City Folk so getting up to date with the new stuff is going to take some time. But then again, it's not like I'm in a rush to do everything as soon as possible.

Long post warning
Happy 1st year everyone, nice post Niraj, gotta make that Steam account and add AC GAF lol

Here's my AC stat spread between the OG 3DS and XL:
Pales in comparison XD
Like the velt bumps so the screen don't scratch on the OG? X'D
Does it take time for items bought from retail by another player to have the money sent to your atm?
Should get it as soon as they buy and then you visit retail(?)

='( shame about that but glad you're here for 1 year anniversary.
MH4U will overtake it for us >=P

Edit: We still need to organise that AC GAF MK8 tournament =P

Chopper

She has other games to play not too sure where she dropped off from these thread though, I remember her posting once in this OT saying she's playing other games. Not too sure what happened in the other OTs, wasn't on it that often, but I remember one time SuperSah came to my village and then she left cause she didn't like him =/
Ha ha. She could be funny like that. I don't think she liked me either. Oh well.

Edit: Dammit. Pecan's in boxes. I wouldn't mind, but her house us in such a pivotal spot. It's gonna take ages to get the new house in exactly the same place.

What are the rules re: controlling unwanted move-ins again? If I'm at 9, do I need to shut down my comms?

What are the rules re: controlling unwanted move-ins again? If I'm at 9, do I need to shut down my comms?

From the OP:

I have 9 villagers, how do I get a 10th?
A tenth villager can move into your town under a few different circumstances:

-Campsite animals can be invited to move into your town.
-If a villager is packed up in another person's town, you can visit them and invite them.
-Randomly from a wifi tag-along from playing online or StreetPass. When a villager leaves a town without being adopted, they’re placed in a queue where there’s a random chance they can move to a new town via wifi or StreetPass. Only one villager is held in the queue at once and they eventually disappear after an undetermined amount of time. Some mayors prefer to refrain from online play/StreetPass when they have fewer than 10 villagers in their towns to avoid picking up a random villager in this manner. Also, the alt reset trick will not prevent a tag-along from moving in and potentially ruining your life.

Collete

I think I'm getting burned out of AC right now...but I'm worried if I stop playing my horses will go away...I even got Papi the other day but I haven't opened my game up in like two days...But i'm so burned out I don't know what to do =_=

I want to take a break though...I think I'm enslaved to AC D:

(PS: Apollo is moving out on the 13th if anyone wants him:

Apollo_NewLeaf_Official.png

)

(Once again) If you want to take a break without losing villagers, use one of the following:

1. Wait until a day when a villager pings to leave. Let them go or tell them to stay then save and quit. As long as you don’t turn on the game, no one else will leave.

2. Note the day you stop playing. When you want to start again, change your 3DS clock (not the in-game one with Isabelle) back to this day.

3. Start the game with a new character/file and check to see if anyone has left or gone into boxes in your absence. If they have, change the 3DS clock back and tell them to stay put.

Anustart

Decided to finally start doing these HHA challenges and realized I'm missing so much :3

Trying to get my mitts on Regal Set, I have Sofa, Table, Vanity and Wall Lamp. Anyone wanna order the others for me? Including the paper and carpet if possible :3 I'll fleece your pockets.

Frogstep

Fantasy Life does look pretty cool. If anything it looks like a lot of fun and def something I'd be willing to try if some of you guys are considering jumping in. :)

Anyone needs Gyroids?
mega bowtoid
mega buzzoid
clankoid
dekkoid x2
mini dekkoid
mega dingloid
squat dingloid x3
mini dinkoid
mini gargloid
gongoid
mini harmonoid