• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

One year as mayor of my town!

And wow Willow has been with me since the beginning and Biskit has been there since June 17th. My two closest neighbors and they've pretty much always been there!

Elija2

It's finally April 1st in Andromea, so Blanca is in town, stealing everyone's identity.
I found the towel you get a cute item. Dropped outside it's just a brown paper bag, but inside your house it could be a nice (kitchen) towel or handkerchief.
hni_0002qvjfg.jpg

The event already passed months ago for you guys, but I nabbed extra towels.
If anyone wants one, let me know. :)

I never even thought to do that. Can I have a towel?

Anustart

Asking again in case it was missed :)

Anyone have a Styracosaurus Torso? Last fossil I need! Will be the first time in all the animal crossing's I've ever completed an exhibit.

Have tons of spare fossils/bells if needed.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I left the 3DS in sleep mode all day and Joan is still selling turnips at night. Weird.

If you're on the same screen as her, she'll never leave as long as you don't exit the screen or quit. She might leave when the new day starts but I haven't tried that.

Azuran

Banned
Is the island supposed to be so awesome? I literally spend the last two days doing nothing but fishing and playing minigames. I also became a multi millionare overnight. At this rate, I'll end up renouncing my town for that ocean paradise.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Is the island supposed to be so awesome? I literally spend the last two days doing nothing but fishing and playing minigames. I also became a multi millionare overnight. At this rate, I'll end up renouncing my town for that ocean paradise.

It's very soothing and you can't beat the bug hunting for money (well, unless you get lucky with turnips, but less hassle with bugs :p).

Sad to see Tangy leave (she was blocking my bridge ;_;) but in comes Ankha who immediately visited my campsite. Woo!

Yes, it's supposed to be that awesome, and yet I only go there once in a while. I think it just messes up with my 30 mins a day program with the game, haha.

Should try and aim for that 500 unique days village tree before stopping, I think I'll probably stop then, but more than likely will be on Fantasy Life after.

The flour will keep your memory alive. :(

You'll be missed buddy. Thanks for all the hybrids :p

I have a couple of goals myself before I stop worrying about checking it every day.

Sad to see you go, Hours. Hope to see you see back again in the future. :)

Thanks for helping with my froggy search!
Thanks everyone, I hope y'all accomplish what you're working toward. But I'll still be around, and I'll keep checking in on this thread to see how everyone is doing. :)
(I'm setting my ordinance to "Beautiful Town" on my last day, just in case I'm inspired to start up again.)

I expect to see everyone here in the Fantasy Life Community Thread!

Velcro Fly

I can't wait for fantasy life. I had all but given up on the game being localized so now that it is I'm fucking pumped. I almost fell out of my chair when they casually mention on the treehouse stream that it's being localized. Like wow just sat through 45 minutes of Wii U talk hoping for a life raft to be thrown on one of a few 3DS games and then they just so happen to announce it. Also the two times it was played on stream were fantastic.

Back on topic, I once again did not wake up in time to buy turnips. I really want to get 100% on my encyclopedia for the gold items and 100% on my museum. I have quite a few extra pieces of art and only need a few fish and one bug. I'd love to get the 80% catalog badge as well. There are a few others like 500 hours played and villager requests and such that I'd love.

Really sad to think that my time could be winding down a little with the game. I still play every day and lately I've had a few days where I did more than just my daily routine.

Velcro Fly

Pretty sure I blew an easy chance to catch one of the fish I needed today. On the third nibble I panicked and hit the button and it was gone :(

I can't wait for fantasy life. I had all but given up on the game being localized so now that it is I'm fucking pumped. I almost fell out of my chair when they casually mention on the treehouse stream that it's being localized. Like wow just sat through 45 minutes of Wii U talk hoping for a life raft to be thrown on one of a few 3DS games and then they just so happen to announce it. Also the two times it was played on stream were fantastic.

Back on topic, I once again did not wake up in time to buy turnips. I really want to get 100% on my encyclopedia for the gold items and 100% on my museum. I have quite a few extra pieces of art and only need a few fish and one bug. I'd love to get the 80% catalog badge as well. There are a few others like 500 hours played and villager requests and such that I'd love.

Really sad to think that my time could be winding down a little with the game. I still play every day and lately I've had a few days where I did more than just my daily routine.

AC will always be there!

Thats a shame I was expecting a letter or at least a message on the noticeboard or something.

"Its 1 year ago today that Jonathan became mayor. Lets all celebrate and look forward to more blah blah."

But yea when I played it was just business as usual for my village lol, no one cares!

Westraid

Does anyone who doesn't live in the middle of nowhere have some icecream and/or pinsheels they could miss?
I only get any streetpass hits if I stroll past the demo 3DSes in the toystores. Willing to pay of course!

Does anyone who doesn't live in the middle of nowhere have some icecream and/or pinsheels they could miss?
I only get any streetpass hits if I stroll past the demo 3DSes in the toystores. Willing to pay of course!
I should have a ton of people in my plaza I haven't cleared. I'll check later and see if I have any extras for you.

Edit: Ugh. All new people... no repeats so they didn't have anything extra for me. I'll keep an eye out though.

Marvie_3

Banned
I might have some you can have. i can get them to you tonight.

Wolfe

I can check my HHA area later as well, I haven't checked it in ages and it's completely full with at least half of the houses I haven't looked inside yet so at least a few of the mayors should have streetpass items I can snag.

Westraid

I should have a ton of people in my plaza I haven't cleared. I'll check later and see if I have any extras for you.

Edit: Ugh. All new people... no repeats so they didn't have anything extra for me. I'll keep an eye out though.
That's okay, thanks a lot anyway! :)

I might have some you can have. i can get them to you tonight.

I can check my HHA area later as well, I haven't checked it in ages and it's completely full with at least half of the houses I haven't looked inside yet so at least a few of the mayors should have streetpass items I can snag.

Really appreciate you both for checking! Thanks! :)

Wolfe

Really appreciate you both for checking! Thanks! :)

Well unfortunately out of the 5 items I was able to get from the remaining mayors only one was an ice cream, the others were bubbles, a tweeter and two balloons.

You're welcome to whatever you want of course.

Westraid

Well unfortunately out of the 5 items I was able to get from the remaining mayors only one was an ice cream, the others were bubbles, a tweeter and two balloons.

You're welcome to whatever you want of course.

I'd be super happy with the icecream, thanks! Let me know if you want anything in return for it. I'll add you to my friendslist. :)

Elija2

So Tammy gave me a scary painting for free because she thought it was fake but it was actually legit. I guess she couldn't tell the difference between a real and a fake? Anyway, if anyone wants it let me know.

Wolfe

I'd be super happy with the icecream, thanks! Let me know if you want anything in return for it. I'll add you to my friendslist. :)

Alright it's on the ground in front of my station and my gate is open, I may or may not be afk playing PS3 so if you stop by and I don't respond my apologies!

Elija2

Alright it's on the ground in front of my station and my gate is open, I may or may not be afk playing PS3 so if you stop by and I don't respond my apologies!

Dude, if you leave the ice cream out like that it'll melt!

Just a heads up, the ice cream is a one time use item so don't waste it!

My goals for the big 5-0-0 are pretty simple I've just realised:

- Bronze Weeding Badge (finally! ugh)
- get the K.K. Birthday record in August
- catch a King Salmon in September
- get the Golden Shovel
- get K.K.'s picture
- get the Flowery, Proper and Scenic paintings

...and then I'm out!
I've long given up hope on getting all Sahara / gold furniture / Gulliver, etc items. Too tedious for things I'm never going to use anyway.

After that I'll just leave my town to fate. It'll be nice not having to constantly worry about house placements and who wants to move.
I imagine I'll be wrapping up Tomodachi by around that time too, so will be able to go all in on Fantasy Life :)

I'm wearing a girls haircut now too.

You are totally fabulous just like Gracie.

Anyway, I'm wondering about villagers moving out after a few weeks of not playing. Is this completely random or is there some sort of algorithm that is followed? From what I gather, the ones you tend to befriend the most or best buds tend to be the first to move out, compared to the ones that rarely talk to you.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well my big motivator was decorating my house for streetpassing but once it became obvious no one played this game any more thus no one would view my house that motivation soon evaporated. :(

*cough* I hope the lack of Koo in this thread means he's hard at work making our new line of Summer clothing. *cough*

Oh... sloppy update.

I have an extra clock, closet, dresser, and radio.
Looking for chair, lamp, sink, sofa, table, and TV.

Also willing to trade my cardboard sofa for sloppy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom