• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how long does that usually take?

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/starting-the-game/
This site should help you out:
On the day after you become the mayor, Isabelle will ask you to perform various duties around town to increase your approval rating. On the day after you create your town, you can find out your rating by sitting in your mayor chair. After reaching a 100% approval rating, you unlock the ability to create public works projects and pass ordinances.
How to increase your Approval Rating and Earn Mayor Points

As the mayor, you can reach your 100% approval rating from Isabelle in the following ways:

Change the town tune = 3 points (one time only)
Put something up for sale at Re-tail = 3 points (one time only)
Change the town flag = 3 points (one time only)
Post something on the bulletin board next to the station = 3 points (one time only)
Donate a fish, bug, fossil, or artwork to the museum = 3 points (one time only)
Pull weeds = 1 point each
Water flowers = 1 point per day
Remove trash from the water by fishing = 1 point each
Introduce yourself to all of your villagers = 1 point each
Send a letter = 1 point each
Play each day = up to 3 points each day

Shizuka

Accidentally sold the shovel and fishing line I just bought from Nookling. Should I restart the game? They aren't selling any other units at the store.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Should I sell the fossils I find or donate them to the museum?

Donate the ones your museum doesn't have, then sell your extras. You can do that with fish, bugs, and eventually stuff you get from diving as well.

Or don't, it's up to you! :p

Should I sell the fossils I find or donate them to the museum?
I would donate to the museum first and then sell the duplicates that you'll inevitably get when you play later on.

Should probably donate any bug/fishes you catch the first time so you know you can sell them later on as well.

Great, gonna donate it since it's my first. I just saw a gift floating on a balloon across town, what's up with that?
You'll need a slingshot to shoot down those presents, which will carry items that are made of balloons which you won't be able to find at Nooks or order those items from them.

Turnip prices are currently at 209 for me.
Just woke up from my nap... mind if I pop over? *chuckles*
You'll need a slingshot to shoot down those presents, which will carry items that are made of balloons which you won't be able to find at Nooks or order those items from them.
You forgot to mention that it's the ugliest furniture in the game. :p
(And yeah, from the little tanooki bastards...)

Shizuka

I think I've done pretty much everything I could for the first and second days. I'll have my house built tomorrow and work on catching bugs.

Rise and Shine for the big bug hunt and summer solstice!

zlCfzSErfcYzzQewx2

Though it's raining here where I'm living at... -_-

Marvie_3

Banned
Golden net! :D

I didn't realize Isabelle would be standing in front of town hall today. That jerkass bug guy could have at least moved his tent over a little bit for her.

Niraj

Golden net! :D

I didn't realize Isabelle would be standing in front of town hall today. That jerkass bug guy could have at least moved his tent over a little bit for her.

Yeah, fuck Nat. At least Chip admits he's just running the fishing tourney to eat, Nat thinks he's being clever by hiding it. Guy sucks.

Marvie_3

Banned
Like the fishing tourney, I shall not care about catching bugs =_=
I usually turn a few things in during the tourneys but I don't go out of my way to try and win them anymore. I figure my animals could enjoy a self esteem boost once in awhile considering I lord over them and crush their spirit every other day of the year.

Frogstep

dH8Xo98.jpg

Gee I wonder who did this while I was AFK yesterday. Didn't notice the tip you left until today, thanks T! :)

Got my gold net today and a second pair of ladder shades. Third place in the bug contest so far but I'm also not very enthusiastic about participating any further other than contributing one bug. :p

Niraj

dH8Xo98.jpg

Gee I wonder who did this while I was AFK yesterday. Didn't notice the tip you left until today, thanks T! :)

Got my gold net today and a second pair of ladder shades. Third place in the bug contest so far but I'm also not very enthusiastic about participating any further other than contributing one bug. :p

What a dick. Don't worry, I'm going to make it my personal responsibility to find this scum and bring him to justice.

Frogstep

What a dick. Don't worry, I'm going to make it my personal responsibility to find this scum and bring him to justice.

Good looking out yo. Nicest guy I know, knew you'd have my back. I would prefer it if you could make this individual have an 'accident'. Make him/her sleep with the gyroids. ;)

Good looking out yo. Nicest guy I know, knew you'd have my back. I would prefer it if you could make this individual have an 'accident'. Make him/her sleep with the gyroids. ;)

D= Don't hurt me!
XD Shame that AC doesn't allow more pranks cept maybe tree chopping but that's a true dick move. I await the day Niraj pranks me ;P

Well, I got my golden net, said goodbye to all my villagers, and put Isabelle in charge. It's finally time for me to say farewell to New Leaf. ;_;

My shocking final play stats:

Play Time:
796:41
Times Played:
Average Play Time:
0:58

I can easily say I got a metric ton of value and enjoyment out of this game, and it was great to play along with all you guys and gals. I'll still check in on the topic and say hello, so I won't really be going anywhere, but my copy of New Leaf can finally take a well deserved rest.

Now the anticipation for Fantasy Life kicks into high gear!

Niraj

Of course, anything for my main frog <3

... man, my brain turns some of your posts into really bizarre scenarios. Just remember to wash when you're done.

Bow chicka bow wow.

D= Don't hurt me!
XD Shame that AC doesn't allow more pranks cept maybe tree chopping but that's a true dick move. I await the day Niraj pranks me ;P

Hopefully Fantasy Life will offer some prank opportunities :p

Well, I got my golden net, said goodbye to all my villagers, and put Isabelle in charge. It's finally time for me to say farewell to New Leaf. ;_;

My shocking final play stats:

Play Time:
796:41
Times Played:
Average Play Time:
0:58

I can easily say I got a metric ton of value and enjoyment out of this game, and it was great to play along with all you guys and gals. I'll still check in on the topic and say hello, so I won't really be going anywhere, but my copy of New Leaf can finally take a well deserved rest.

Now the anticipation for Fantasy Life kicks into high gear!

You gave it a good run. See ya around :)

Velcro Fly

Need:

Beautiful Statue
Robust Statue
Motherly Statue

Solemn Painting
Famous Painting
Scary Painting
Jolly Painting
Common Painting
Quaint Painting
Nice Painting

Have extras of:

Scenic Painting
Warm Painting
Graceful Painting x2
Gallant Statue x2
Calm Painting
Valiant Statue
Wild Painting
Moody Painting
Basic Painting
Proper Painting
Flowery Painting
Amazing Painting

Willing to trade extras for ones I need one for one. Willing to buy from you if you have a piece that I need but don't need any that I have. I've just gone and double checked my stuff right now and all of my extras are legit according to Re-Tail. I did actually have a fake in there that I forgot about!

My friend code is: 3609-1947-9651. Since it's summer and I'm off work I'm mostly available whenever. Will keep this updated! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom