• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just logged on and found I have a new villager moving in... Curlos. And he dropped his shit right on my path from the bridge to retail for those who have been to my town.
zbuYip9.jpg

I am not happy with him already.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just logged on and found I have a new villager moving in... Curlos. And he dropped his shit right on my path from the bridge to retail for those who have been to my town.

Curlos_NewLeaf_Official.png

Seems like he just wants you to deal with it.

Velcro Fly

Turning my town into a flower factory of sorts. Already have pretty big patches of black and blue roses. Thinking about doing the same for some tulip colors. Might even remove the flowers in front of my house and get some roses in there. All my villagers keep saying the rumor about me is that I have a green thumb. Can't deny that at this point!

Also it has rained every day this week in my town. It's pretty much rained every day this week in real life too. Funny how that works sometimes...

Velcro Fly

What is the best flower formation to get two different color flowers to breed a third color? Right next to each other? Space between? Diagonal?

What is the best flower formation to get two different color flowers to breed a third color? Right next to each other? Space between? Diagonal?
Diagonal leaves the most space for hybrids to appear if you are using multiple flowers. (Plus, it makes it easier to water specific flowers.)

Velcro Fly

Diagonal gives you the best chances for a spawn. If you're getting into hybrid, you might be interested in an article written by our own flower afficionado, zigg, about breeding in New Leaf. It's about as in depth as one can get on the topic.

oh thanks for that. will be sure to read it.

also just caught a giant trevally on my island. one bug and one fish is all I need now! banded dragonfly in july and king salmon in september. still need a few stray art pieces and then my museum will be complete!

Marvie_3

Banned
oh thanks for that. will be sure to read it.

also just caught a giant trevally on my island. one bug and one fish is all I need now! banded dragonfly in july and king salmon in september. still need a few stray art pieces and then my museum will be complete!

Did you still need those 2 I offered the other day? I forgot about them until now.

So I was doing a system transfer for my Dad today, moving from his old worn out system to the new one we got him for his birthday and I can see why its worn out now...

bzR7ydd.jpg

What a legend.

dream

There's this little puppy or kitty or whatever in my town asking me to take her to another town. Can someone open their gate up for me so I can get rid of her?

Elija2

Perfect pears are selling for a premium in my town if anyone wants to sell their stash.

There's this little puppy or kitty or whatever in my town asking me to take her to another town. Can someone open their gate up for me so I can get rid of her?

I can open up for you if you're still around.

They're still there! Go back for them!
Nah, all good. I just wanted to make sure I had them cataloged since I'm still trying to get my gold badge for that. I really need to update my online collection so I can see what I'm missing. Totally lost track. I keep feeling like I'm close but still no Phin.

Also this:
Haha that's rad, he totally smashes my total play time.

You should hook us up with his dream address.
I wanna see his town too!

I'll tell my Dad to update his town dream thing and get his number. I know he plays as 2 characters so he has 2 houses to decorate (one just wasn't enough!) but a whole bunch of that time will just be him fishing on the island and things like that. Doesn't need the money or the fish, just does it for fun!

I think its really cool, I like that he enjoys the game so much as it purely started as a 'I'll try it and see' type thing during the free game promotion. Usually he just plays Zelda games and some other various ones (Paper Mario, Streetpass stuff etc).

Its at the point where I wish Nintendo would get a Wii U one out quick so he could have something 'new' to play haha. Although I think he likes the take it anywhere portability of the 3DS... maybe I'll give him to the old DS one to look at just for fun.

Velcro Fly

Charlise is finally moving out. Her catch phrase of "urgh" is the worst. I always picture in my mind the sound Duke Nukem makes when he gets crushed as her catchphrase. I dislike her and I'm glad the space where her house is is being freed up. More space to either plant flowers or plant more perfect peach trees.

I'll tell my Dad to update his town dream thing and get his number. I know he plays as 2 characters so he has 2 houses to decorate (one just wasn't enough!) but a whole bunch of that time will just be him fishing on the island and things like that. Doesn't need the money or the fish, just does it for fun!

I think its really cool, I like that he enjoys the game so much as it purely started as a 'I'll try it and see' type thing during the free game promotion. Usually he just plays Zelda games and some other various ones (Paper Mario, Streetpass stuff etc).

Its at the point where I wish Nintendo would get a Wii U one out quick so he could have something 'new' to play haha. Although I think he likes the take it anywhere portability of the 3DS... maybe I'll give him to the old DS one to look at just for fun.
Think your dad might be interested in Tomodachi? I'm pretty sure one of us can find him a demo code to try it out (I can probably get a hold of a US one but I dunno if that code works for you guys too).

He has tried Tomodachi! I thought he might like it too so I got him to play the demo ver, he said it was interesting but demo was a bit limited so that might be the next game I pick up for him. :D

In other news, I had three dogs in my town which annoyed me (I only really wanted Bones) then one of them moved out and I was like yay! So who moved in next? Another dog of course. :|

Velcro Fly

I've had that problem with mice and squirrels. I currently have three mice (Limberg, Samson, and Bettina) but I like them and they all seem to have different personalities so it isn't a big deal. I swear at one point I had Ricky, Hazel, and Caroline in my town and they all lived close together on their own side of town. They've all moved out now though :(

Also being awake and playing before re-tail opens is rough. I want to sell these junk flowers that grew to save space for flowers I want but I can't. I just have to stash them somewhere and wait.

Azuran

Banned
zbuYip9.jpg

Curlos is an asshole. He wanted to moved out from my town a day right after he settled in. Told him to go away but he stayed anyways. Now I get the feeling I'm stuck with him forever. He also keeps asking for stuff that's not in season just to troll me.

Curlos is an asshole. He wanted to moved out from my town a day right after he settled in. Told him to go away but he stayed anyways. Now I get the feeling I'm stuck with him forever. He also keeps asking for stuff that's not in season just to troll me.
If he wants to, I'll totally let him. I really dislike where he put his house.

Niraj

Cicadas are back. Bask in their cacophony and despair.

Edit: Apologies for forgetting to post the last chance catch for June, but here's the new stuff for July:

9180612861_89f213f3ca_o.png

9180615615_15400abb26_o.png

9182831484_f655fa869b_o.gif

Cicadas are back. Bask in their cacophony and despair.

Edit: Apologies for forgetting to post the last chance catch for June, but here's the new stuff for July:

As a UKer who has grown up without hearing these things, they drive me nuts in the game T-T screw them!

Niraj

As a UKer who has grown up without hearing these things, they drive me nuts in the game T-T screw them!

They're not that bad. We get some around here, but you can usually tune them out. The AC ones are way more annoying for me lol. But I haven't had to deal with the periodical ones, which I imagine are miserable, since they're everywhere.

They're just a bit like grasshoppers really.

Screechy grasshoppers, maybe :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom