• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

Dumb question, but where exactly should I be planting banana and coconuts? I keep stealing them from elija2, and I keep planting them on my beach (the way he seemed to have planted his), but they keep instantly dying.

789shadow

Banned
Dumb question, but where exactly should I be planting banana and coconuts? I keep stealing them from elija2, and I keep planting them on my beach (the way he seemed to have planted his), but they keep instantly dying.
Are they at least 1 square away from any other trees/the wall/the ocean?

Azuran

Banned
Yes! We're finally arrive in the best time of the year. All those cicadas make me feel alive! That noise when going out of house today was majestic.

Azuran

Banned
Oh man, I just found out Chars only spawn in the ocean waterfall. No wonder I never found one last one despite fishing near the other waterfall for hours a day :/

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Oh man, I just found out Chars only spawn in the ocean waterfall. No wonder I never found one last one despite fishing near the other waterfall for hours a day :/

Rough luck :( at least you can try again next month.

Niraj

Ok, so if I just keep talking to townfolk everyday it will eventually come up? Cool.

Not talking, just when they ping, which happens when a villager makes eye contact with you after you've been away for awhile. You can just stand away from them for 5 min or so and then walk in front of them. Check the PWP trick in the OP if you want some more tips on how to get them more frequently.

Tom_Cody

Not talking, just when they ping, which happens when a villager makes eye contact with you after you've been away for awhile. You can just stand away from them for 5 min or so and then walk in front of them. Check the PWP trick in the OP if you want some more tips on how to get them more frequently.
There are so many dimensions to this game that I don't understand.

So I need to let them approach me after they ping? So I take it that you always want this to let this happen when presented with the opportunity?

Niraj

There are so many dimensions to this game that I don't understand.

So I need to let them approach me after they ping? So I take it that you always want this to let this happen when presented with the opportunity?

Once they ping, you talk to them. And yes, you should talk to them pretty much always when that happens. Most of the time it's pointless stuff, but occasionally smug, cranky, and uchi villagers will offer to sell you a painting, any villager type can suggest a PWP, and moving villagers will let you know when they plan to move (and will also provide the opportunity for you to tell them to stay).

Tom_Cody

Once they ping, you talk to them. And yes, you should talk to them pretty much always when that happens. Most of the time it's pointless stuff, but occasionally smug, cranky, and uchi villagers will offer to sell you a painting, any villager type can suggest a PWP, and moving villagers will let you know when they plan to move (and will also provide the opportunity for you to tell them to stay).
Thanks.

One more question: what am I supposed to do when neighbors come over to visit? They seem to linger forever. Is there a given amount of time I should wait before I leave (and they leave with me)?

Thanks.

One more question: what am I supposed to do when neighbors come over to visit? They seem to linger forever. Is there a given amount of time I should wait before I leave (and they leave with me)?

What usually works for me is answering the door, and simply moving to a corner of the room. After about one full minute of not talking with them, they'll leave.

Niraj

Thanks.

I usually talk to them once in each room then stand there until they leave. Gives the best chance of them sending you a decent item, otherwise they'll just comment on how they wish they could've seen all the rooms in your house. It's also recommended to have at least one thing hanging on each wall, otherwise their letter will likely allude to your lack of hanging items and will come with one attached.

Tom_Cody

What usually works for me is answering the door, and simply moving to a corner of the room. After about one full minute of not talking with them, they'll leave.

I usually talk to them once in each room then stand there until they leave. Gives the best chance of them sending you a decent item, otherwise they'll just comment on how they wish they could've seen all the rooms in your house. It's also recommended to have at least one thing hanging on each wall, otherwise their letter will likely allude to your lack of hanging items and will come with one attached.
Thanks.

In general I seem to need wall hanging items and they haven't seemed to be available in the shops.

Phil S.

Banned
Was surprised to see my town Central still looking okay after an extended hiatus.
My bro must be taking good care of it.

Vy9E6we.jpg

NFE1B6z.jpg

5dIbFdw.jpg

Tom_Cody

Another question: What types of furniture I can stack other items onto?

My specific issue is that I traded a 'Bureau' to one of my neighbors/subjects and now I have no place to elegantly display the items that had previously been on top of it. There is a Blue Bookcase for sale in town and I'm trying to figure out if I will be able to put things on top of it. The height makes it kind of unclear.

Niraj

Another question: What types of furniture I can stack other items onto?

My specific issue is that I traded a 'Bureau' to one of my neighbors/subjects and now I have no place to elegantly display the items that had previously been on top of it. There is a Blue Bookcase for sale in town and I'm trying to figure out if I will be able to put things on top of it. The height makes it kind of unclear.

Honestly, it's hard to tell sometimes, you pretty much just have to try it out. All tables and end tables can have stuff put on them. I know the cabin bookcase can have stuff on it, but not sure about the blue one.

Frogstep

I actually spent an entire afternoon testing this out, lol. Most dressers and bookcase's that are at eye level do allow for stuff to be displayed on top of them.

Niraj

After almost 1 year of owning this, Gracie visited for the first time today!

So I should have emporium around 2017.

lol, good luck. Hopefully she'll show up a bit more now that you got the first one out of the way. I remember I had to wait months after I had gotten the third one, which really sucked, so I feel for you.

Tom_Cody

Honestly, it's hard to tell sometimes, you pretty much just have to try it out. All tables and end tables can have stuff put on them. I know the cabin bookcase can have stuff on it, but not sure about the blue one.

I actually spent an entire afternoon testing this out, lol. Most dressers and bookcase's that are at eye level do allow for stuff to be displayed on top of them.
Thanks guys. I'll check it out this afternoon.

Fireblend

Banned
Dunno why but I started playing this again a couple of days ago. My town was a disaster, I have no money and some villagers are gone, but I've started getting it back in shape, even realized I could expand my house and finished the dream suite. Are we still doing the weekly turnip thing? I'm gonna need to do some hardcore investing in the coming weeks.

Niraj

Dunno why but I started playing this again a couple of days ago. My town was a disaster, I have no money and some villagers are gone, but I've started getting it back in shape, even realized I could expand my house and finished the dream suite. Are we still doing the weekly turnip thing? I'm gonna need to do some hardcore investing in the coming weeks.

We usually post if we have a decent price.

I'll post if my prices are good or if I'm looking and I need to nudge someone to help me out. :p I'm one of the few that does nips weekly though.

Need the horseshoe crab. I had forgotten how incredibly tedious diving is.

And I hope the scorpion isn't as rare as the tarantula. I only caught that one because I got incredibly lucky and it got stuck against the Bug-Off tent.

evanmisha

I lost my saves over the holidays, including my Animal Crossing town. Bummed out, I was reluctant to get right back into starting a new save.

Well, finally bit the bullet yesterday, and I'm looking to snag some active 3DS friends.

5386-8684-3524

Anyone down for some late night fishing?

Tom_Cody

Update: Items cannot be stacked on top of the Blue Bookcase. Goddamn it.

Tom_Cody

Another question:

I have a pouch left over from a task given to me by a villager that I never fulfilled. Can I do anything with it? Should I just sell it?

Niraj

Another question:

I have a pouch left over from a task given to me by a villager that I never fulfilled. Can I do anything with it? Should I just sell it?

You can display it in your house, or just trash it. You'll probably have to pay a small fee at re-tail, or you can use a trash can in your house.

Ugh. Company and long work days have been keeping me from playing much of anything. :( Wanted to reply to a couple of things in here but hadn't had time. :/

I'm looking for some Minimalist furniture, anyone willing to do a trade?
Which pieces do you need? I can order them for ya. Might not be able to get them to you till tomorrow though.
Fossil hunters! Help me out. This one's driving me nuts.

7400-2932-0644
Still need help finding it?
I lost my saves over the holidays, including my Animal Crossing town. Bummed out, I was reluctant to get right back into starting a new save.

Well, finally bit the bullet yesterday, and I'm looking to snag some active 3DS friends.

5386-8684-3524

Anyone down for some late night fishing?
When things calm down for me, I'll add ya. :) Congrats on starting a new town again!

Stalk market told me to sell at 134 this morning. F that. I sell for 134 on Saturdays. It's still Thursday, dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom