• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

I've discovered Animal Crossing is the ultimate not feeling well video game. I feel like complete ass today but catching bugs and doing my AC routine takes my mind off of it really well. I'm probably going to play a ton today.

I've discovered Animal Crossing is the ultimate not feeling well video game. I feel like complete ass today but catching bugs and doing my AC routine takes my mind off of it really well. I'm probably going to play a ton today.
Hope you feel better, IMHO I think you should get more rest than play a game but it's up to you XD

789shadow

Banned
I'm pretty much unable to care about anything but talking to my villagers now. My stores haven't really had anything new in months, making it a drag to check them all.

Frogstep

I'm pretty much unable to care about anything but talking to my villagers now. My stores haven't really had anything new in months, making it a drag to check them all.

I've had better luck finding something new when I visit someone else's town. I stopped checking Gracie's stuff cause I think I have all of her summer catalog minus the furniture stuff that I'm waiting til the sale to start buying.

Able Sister's is a different story. I always go in and just buy all the clothes regardless if I have it or not. I'm just too lazy to check what I have or don't have so I can try and get someone to help me out. Maybe at some point I'll get around to it. :p

Velcro Fly

I made a good list of bottoms and dresses that I didn't have but the shirts part was something I planned to do and never did. I think I only need like 5 or 6 more hats and a couple umbrellas and I'll have that entire store knocked out. Still don't have my 80% catalog badge yet though. One day I'll go through my catalog and see exactly what shirts I need. Think maybe when I finish off my museum in September.

Frogstep

Can someone do me a favor and order a polka-dot sofa for me? Trying to fix up Frobert's house and I noticed he already has some polka-dot furniture. It's also the only piece that I don't have for that set. Win win for me. :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Can someone do me a favor and order a polka-dot sofa for me? Trying to fix up Frobert's house and I noticed he already has some polka-dot furniture. It's also the only piece that I don't have for that set. Win win for me. :p

I'll order it for you.

Niraj

Good looking out homie. That visit to your town last night is what's getting me to put a little more thought into what the inside of my frog's houses look like.. Thanks for that too. :p

More like Jacques' shitty house lol. I'll have it for you in about half an hour if you'll be around.

Velcro Fly

Got my second purple tulip and second blue pansy this morning. Hybrd growing is going really well. I think Narnia is going to be known for it's prized blue rose patch instead of it's delicious peach now.

Niraj

Lionel sold me a dynamic painting, anybody who needs it is welcome to it.

Xenoflux, if you're around today, let me know and I can get you your moving painting as well.

Frogstep

Got perfect cherries on premium today. Was so close to buying turnips. I'm never going to get that badge. D:

So is there anyway to stop someone from movig if they have boxes packed? I would sell my sell my soul.

Unfortunately once they're boxed up there's no way to stop their move once it's at that stage. They're kind of committed to moving once it's reached that point. :(

Gaz_RB

Got perfect cherries on premium today. Was so close to buying turnips. I'm never going to get that badge. D:

Unfortunately once they're boxed up there's no way to stop their move once it's at that stage. They're kind of committed to moving once it's reached that point. :(

Welp.

I'm gonna go cry now.

I've been neglecting AC since I got Tomodachi on Thursday. :(
It's okay. I've actually been neglecting both games this weekend. I didn't even buy nips this morning and last minute I realized I still had nips and sold at a loss on Saturday cause no one seemed to have anything better.

On the plus side, Curlos asked me to sign a petition and I said yes and then logged out. Fuck yo' petition when you build in the middle of the path to ReTail. Doucheram.

Azuran

Banned
On the plus side, Curlos asked me to sign a petition and I said yes and then logged out. Fuck yo' petition when you build in the middle of the path to ReTail. Doucheram.

4RCemiU.jpg

I told you. He's such a jerk.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Since I started playing again, I'm not noticing any people on my friends list playing also, I'd love to visit other towns and have visitors my self. I'd you'd like to add me please feel free to do so, just drop me a pm if you like :)

0559 6787 5259

Velcro Fly

I've been getting up really early the past week for no reason and one of the highlights is getting to play AC right at 6am when the day changes.

I've been getting up really early the past week for no reason and one of the highlights is getting to play AC right at 6am when the day changes.

I just noticed your avatar and Hopper came by in the campgrounds...and thanks to a busy day I ended up forgetting to get him.

You may now throw fish at me.

Elija2

Oh man, Apple is in my campsite. Should I ask her to move in or wait it out for someone better (but who's better than her?)

Also, Redd is selling a legit great statue and nice painting in my town if anyone wants to come buy one of them.

Zing

Banned
I didn't understand why you would ever not want a particular villager to live in your town, then "Chief" moved into mine. What a douche.

Zing

Banned
Am I missing the in-game catalog for clothes and furniture? I don't see that tracked anywhere, yet plenty of you guys are mentioning "needing" this sort of thing for your catalog.

I wish there was an in-game catalog of the fossils. I can't recall which I have donated so far.

Chopper

Am I missing the in-game catalog for clothes and furniture? I don't see that tracked anywhere, yet plenty of you guys are mentioning "needing" this sort of thing for your catalog.

I wish there was an in-game catalog of the fossils. I can't recall which I have donated so far.
The catalogue is available in the shop, perhaps after the first upgrade. There's no way of telling what you "need" without referring to an external catalogue source, such as moridb.

And the fossils you have donated should be listed on the board outside the museum. If you're in the early stages of the game, however, just take all your fossils straight to Blathers. He'll tell you whether or not you need to donate what you've found.

Sorry if this question has been asked way too much (I've searched online, but am still confused!). Me and my fiancé just got 3ds' and we love Animal crossing! If we both got our own copies of the game, could we both share our own town? Or is it one town per person and you can only visit each others town?

Having separate towns seems impersonal and not as much fun as sharing a town with each-other. Any ideas? Thank you!

Azuran

Banned
Sorry if this question has been asked way too much (I've searched online, but am still confused!). Me and my fiancé just got 3ds' and we love Animal crossing! If we both got our own copies of the game, could we both share our own town? Or is it one town per person and you can only visit each others town?

Having separate towns seems impersonal and not as much fun as sharing a town with each-other. Any ideas? Thank you!

Sadly, it's only one separate town per cartridge. If you both want to live in the same town, you have to share the same game.

Elija2

If you're using separate copies you can only visit each other's towns. If you want to share a town just buy one copy and share it. You wouldn't be able to play multiplayer with each other though.

Zing

Banned

I tried to ask about this a page or two ago and got only one response, so here is my response to you. My girlfriend and I decided to get our own copies of the game and form our own towns for two reasons: allow us both to play the game at the same time and also to allow multiplayer games on the island.

I had my daughter in my town for a week. We also decided to form her own town for the same above reasons. To be honest, there are only two things I miss from us having the same town. First is the easy ability to send letters to each other. I loved getting gifts and personalized letters in the post from her. It can still be done, but she must come visit my post office to send them. The second thing is the donation to the museum. Only residents of a town can donate to their museum.

Otherwise, anything you can do in a town together, you can do with separate towns. You can arrange gardens, donate to public works, buy and sell, etc. With separate towns, you get the added bonus of having new kinds of native fruit, a wider variety of goods for sale in the shops, and more opportunities to collect stuff. The main positive is the local multiplayer. Being able to walk around together, fishing, or traveling to the island is great fun. The games on the island are endless sources of multiplayer entertainment.

Despite all the praise I seem to be giving the "two town" decision, I'd say it's a coin flip. If you find that neither of you are sitting around wishing you could play when the other has the cartridge in us, or that the other person is fine not being mayor or making those decisions, then a single cart is acceptable, and maybe preferable. Otherwise, just get your own copy, and be satisfied that you actually aren't missing out on much from being in the same town.

In short, follow the advice I was given: play in the same town at first, and if you find you want to have separate towns later, it's very easy to "move out" the non-mayors. I personally find it great fun to play the game simultaneously, even if we are in our own towns while just sitting on the sofa together.

Zing

Banned
A separate post to mention that I just bought the official guide today. One look at a few sample pages and I knew I had to have it. It shows photos of every item and has a checklist for them as well. This is what prompted my question about the catalog. This book has checklists for the clothes, furniture, house features, etc, but I was wondering why and how you could keep track of what clothes you have had and even why you would, since you do not possibly have room to store everything. It seemed odd to "check off" an item if all you did was own it for a minute before selling it to make room and the game didn't track somewhere that you had owned it. Despite some complaints of printing and information errors, my copy appears to be a corrected copy. Maybe some prerelease copies are still in Amazon's stock or something.

animal_crossing_new_leaf_guide_xl.jpg

Now I just need to decide on a decent and different coloured marker to use for each player.

Just a heads up, unlike last time he did this to me, Henry should be in boxes tomorrow if anyone wants him. I'll know for sure tomorrow, like I said he did this to me before where on the day he was supposed to move he decided to venture out of his house and told me he was staying.

Niraj

A separate post to mention that I just bought the official guide today. One look at a few sample pages and I knew I had to have it. It shows photos of every item and has a checklist for them as well. This is what prompted my question about the catalog. This book has checklists for the clothes, furniture, house features, etc, but I was wondering why and how you could keep track of what clothes you have had and even why you would, since you do not possibly have room to store everything. It seemed odd to "check off" an item if all you did was own it for a minute before selling it to make room and the game didn't track somewhere that you had owned it.

Just something to do. Animal Crossing is largely about setting your own goals, so it's easy to latch onto the rare concrete accomplishments you can think of. For me it wasn't really any different from collecting all the fish, bugs, art, etc, aside from being much more difficult to accomplish.

A separate post to mention that I just bought the official guide today. One look at a few sample pages and I knew I had to have it. It shows photos of every item and has a checklist for them as well. This is what prompted my question about the catalog. This book has checklists for the clothes, furniture, house features, etc, but I was wondering why and how you could keep track of what clothes you have had and even why you would, since you do not possibly have room to store everything. It seemed odd to "check off" an item if all you did was own it for a minute before selling it to make room and the game didn't track somewhere that you had owned it. Despite some complaints of printing and information errors, my copy appears to be a corrected copy. Maybe some prerelease copies are still in Amazon's stock or something.

Now I just need to decide on a decent and different coloured marker to use for each player.
My only gripe with the guide is that it didn't include a pic of each of the villagers. Otherwise, it was nice to have on hand.

I tried to ask about this a page or two ago and got only one response, so here is my response to you. My girlfriend and I decided to get our own copies of the game and form our own towns for two reasons: allow us both to play the game at the same time and also to allow multiplayer games on the island.

I had my daughter in my town for a week. We also decided to form her own town for the same above reasons. To be honest, there are only two things I miss from us having the same town. First is the easy ability to send letters to each other. I loved getting gifts and personalized letters in the post from her. It can still be done, but she must come visit my post office to send them. The second thing is the donation to the museum. Only residents of a town can donate to their museum.

Otherwise, anything you can do in a town together, you can do with separate towns. You can arrange gardens, donate to public works, buy and sell, etc. With separate towns, you get the added bonus of having new kinds of native fruit, a wider variety of goods for sale in the shops, and more opportunities to collect stuff. The main positive is the local multiplayer. Being able to walk around together, fishing, or traveling to the island is great fun. The games on the island are endless sources of multiplayer entertainment.

Despite all the praise I seem to be giving the "two town" decision, I'd say it's a coin flip. If you find that neither of you are sitting around wishing you could play when the other has the cartridge in us, or that the other person is fine not being mayor or making those decisions, then a single cart is acceptable, and maybe preferable. Otherwise, just get your own copy, and be satisfied that you actually aren't missing out on much from being in the same town.

In short, follow the advice I was given: play in the same town at first, and if you find you want to have separate towns later, it's very easy to "move out" the non-mayors. I personally find it great fun to play the game simultaneously, even if we are in our own towns while just sitting on the sofa together.

If you're using separate copies you can only visit each other's towns. If you want to share a town just buy one copy and share it. You wouldn't be able to play multiplayer with each other though.

Sadly, it's only one separate town per cartridge. If you both want to live in the same town, you have to share the same game.

Wow. What a informative community! Thanks! Decided to get two versions, so we'll see how that goes! Thanks a lot for the info. The 3DS is awesome...

Zing really laid it out perfectly! Couldn't ask for more info! Can't wait to try out the island :) thanks again!

Chopper

animal_crossing_new_leaf_guide_xl.jpg

Yeah, the game keeps track of everything you pick up. You'll see it reffered to as "cataloging" all over the place. People just pick up what you've got, put it back down, thank you and leave.

This guy has made an amazing app, which I used to 100% my catalogue. Thoroughly recommended if you don't want to mark your lovely new guide.

Heropon

After not playing for a long time my hair was a mess, but I could hide it with hats. Today I decided to visit Shampoodle and damn, that dog is a butcher. Now I look like an idiot, T_T. Next time I'll use a guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom