• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

I've been marking off things in that book by crossing them out in the index. It took like four hours to do initially, because I'd already played for months by then. So now I just do it when my boxes are all full, then I sell what I don't want.

I didn't play for like three days and the game gave me grief about it. I played you daily for over a year, be quiet. But Katt moved out in the meantime, so that's cool.

Zing

Banned
Bah, apparently all the donations my daughter made to my museum while she lived here are now marked as from "Anonymous" since she moved out.

grumpy

Need to sell some perfect apples real quick. Could someone (who doesn't have apples as their town fruit) open their town doors for me, please? I'll pay you 20k bells XD

FC 4596 9473 4020

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Need to sell some perfect apples real quick. Could someone (who doesn't have apples as their town fruit) open their town doors for me, please? I'll pay you 20k bells XD

FC 4596 9473 4020

Sure, 2836-0258-6594. I'll open as soon as I see you've added me back. No need for payment btw :)

Bug Off this weekend :) If any of you are new to it, the nighttime island beetles are usually a great choice.

Personally, I have a couple Birdwing Butterflies sitting in my locker that should be enough to keep my animals under my (opposable) thumb.

Bug Off this weekend :) If any of you are new to it, the nighttime island beetles are usually a great choice.

Personally, I have a couple Birdwing Butterflies sitting in my locker that should be enough to keep my animals under my (opposable) thumb.

And don't forget to try and hand in the bugs in ascending size for bug items after you handed in the largest thus far...unless I'm recalling it wrong XD, haven't cared for Bug off in a while lol

Niraj

To add to this, as long as you beat the current record and provide a bug worth 80 or more points, you'll get a piece of the bug furniture. The easiest thing to do is to go to another person's town, as your bugs won't change their record, but you can still receive the furniture for each bug worth 80 points or more. The downside is that sometimes it will glitch for that person like so:

tumblr_mq92w84Igs1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mq92w84Igs1sw5rnlo2_r1_400.jpg

tumblr_mq92w84Igs1sw5rnlo3_r1_400.jpg

but as long as that person doesn't care about winning, it shouldn't really matter.

Yeah, the game keeps track of everything you pick up. You'll see it reffered to as "cataloging" all over the place. People just pick up what you've got, put it back down, thank you and leave.

This guy has made an amazing app, which I used to 100% my catalogue. Thoroughly recommended if you don't want to mark your lovely new guide.

Thanks for linking that Chopper. I was wondering about something like this as I lay in bed playing the game.

Zing

Banned
I remember eating my initial perfect apple before I knew that they were rare, or that I could even plant apples. I didn't warn my girlfriend in time, and she just ate her initial perfect orange last week.

I have yet to see any perfect fruit since.

I remember eating my initial perfect apple before I knew that they were rare, or that I could even plant apples. I didn't warn my girlfriend in time, and she just ate her initial perfect orange last week.

I could give you a few of each if you want.

That moment when one villager asks you to deliver something to another and they are standing right next to each other. Come on do you really need a middleman at that point?

Hey Niraj, any chance you're not getting Persona Q? Gonna import the NA CE instead of being screwed over by NISA Europe's store, and was gonna gift/sell the NA copy...which is such a messed up situation =/ and shows how messed up the pricing is =S

But if you are interested might send the game to you, but you'll probably have to pay for the shipping, if you aren't may send it to a person on my twitter list...but rather gift it to you or any peeps I know of in AC GAF XD

Hey Niraj, any chance you're not getting Persona Q? Gonna import the NA CE instead of being screwed over by NISA Europe's store, and was gonna gift/sell the NA copy...which is such a messed up situation =/ and shows how messed up the pricing is =S

But if you are interested might send the game to you, but you'll probably have to pay for the shipping, if you aren't may send it to a person on my twitter list...but rather gift it to you or any peeps I know of in AC GAF XD

Take the offer up Niraj. That game looks so fun.

I recently fired up AC:NL for the first time in several months, and luckily the only villager who moved out during my absence was the one I didn't like. Score!

I'd been playing the game pretty much daily and was getting pretty burned out, so having some time away from it has really helped me to remember why I enjoyed it so much in the first place. Beforehand, I'd been getting pretty frustrated by how basic my town still looked compared to some of the amazing stuff I'd seen from other people, but now I'm full of fresh ideas to make it look more appealing. One of these is a rainbow-hued rose garden, which leads to my question...

Blue roses. I've already got red, white, pink, yellow, orange, black, and am currently trying to breed some purple ones. Is the process of creating blues really as tedious and longwinded as it seems to be? I mean, I've just read some horror stories of people waiting 6 MONTHS for a single blue rose to pop up, even with the use of fertilizer (which I don't have access to yet). I don't have that level of patience, to put it mildly, so just wondered if this was an accurate estimate of the length of time involved.

Of course, I could just buy a couple blues from someone, but I have this weird issue where the finished result wouldn't feel "right" if I hadn't accomplished the entire thing myself.

TL;DR: How long did it take you guys to create blue roses?

Velcro Fly

I got lucky on the blue roses. I just had a huge rose patch mostly with the purpose of getting black roses again since I had turned all my blacks into gold. One day I look and see a blue rose. So I moved it and kept watering the ones around me until I got a second. Now I have like 20 of them. All told it took maybe two weeks after planting the original few roses to get the patch going and get my blues/blacks.

Gold bug net this weekend! :D

Niraj

That moment when one villager asks you to deliver something to another and they are standing right next to each other. Come on do you really need a middleman at that point?

lol no kidding.

Wow, that's exceedingly generous of you. Even if I was interested, I don't think I would be able to take advantage of your kindness like that, I'd definitely try to pay for more than the shipping :p but honestly, I wouldn't mind trying it, but I really don't have too much interest in it, and I'd rather have it go to somebody who has been looking forward to it. If somehow you can't find anyone at all, let me know and we can hash something out. That sucks that you have to go through all that trouble :(

yayaba

First Animal Crossing that I've really gotten into (played the DS one for about a week and got bored) and I'm loving this one.

After about three weeks of playing I basically have a routine going of picking fruit, planting new trees, picking up sea shells, selling stuff at the Re-Tail, finding the money rock, finding the ore rock, seeing what new items are available at the general store, digging up the 4 fossils, donating whatever fish/bugs I caught. Makes my morning commute go by super quickly.

Have a few public works done also which is nice.

So I bought my first turnips on Sunday (50K worth) and so far haven't been able to sell them. Bought them for 110 each. Yesterday the price was 120 and today the price was 90. Am I screwed?

First Animal Crossing that I've really gotten into (played the DS one for about a week and got bored) and I'm loving this one.

After about three weeks of playing I basically have a routine going of picking fruit, planting new trees, picking up sea shells, selling stuff at the Re-Tail, finding the money rock, finding the ore rock, seeing what new items are available at the general store, digging up the 4 fossils, donating whatever fish/bugs I caught. Makes my morning commute go by super quickly.

Have a few public works done also which is nice.

So I bought my first turnips on Sunday (50K worth) and so far haven't been able to sell them. Bought them for 110 each. Yesterday the price was 120 and today the price was 90. Am I screwed?
Awesome, its a great game. As for turnips the price varies 2 times each day, before and after noon. There are patterns and even a wizard someone linked before.

One tip is to go to the island after 7:00 and catch beetles and then sell them at Re-Tail for tons of bells. I made 600k in bells in 2 trips to the island tonight and I have a full box waiting to sell in the morning. I find this to be much more reliable then playing the stalk market.

Heropon

Two villagers told me about Velma's intentions to move out but I've interrogated her and she haven't mentioned it. At the same time, another hot topic in my town was about rumors so I wonder if it wasn't true after all. I was actually happy that she was going to leave my town as she is my least favourite villager.

Time to send more letters in Gibberish!

Zing

Banned
One funny thing is that I have been playing this for probably a total of five weeks and I have never seen a turnip. A couple days ago, I was complaining about this and my daughter says, "I have 40 turnips". She'd been playing for three days and already discovered the turnips.

My big money maker has been fishing lately. I catch a handful of sharks each day, and they sell for 10-15k each, depending on the type. Some other fish also sell for close to that. I've been to the island an few times, but the fish there seem the same as the fish in town. In one day I paid off my 80k loan, 90k public work, bought about 20k in items, and have 30k left in the bank.

Niraj

Two villagers told me about Velma's intentions to move out but I've interrogated her and she haven't mentioned it. At the same time, another hot topic in my town was about rumors so I wonder if it wasn't true after all. I was actually happy that she was going to leave my town as she is my least favourite villager.

Time to send more letters in Gibberish!

If you want her to move, don't talk to her at all this point. She won't mention it to you unless she pings and then you talk to her. In the future, if it's a villager you want to keep, save and quit and reload, then head straight for that villager and they should ping immediately. Alternately you can walk/wait around somewhere and then track them down, but reloading is easier.

One funny thing is that I have been playing this for probably a total of five weeks and I have never seen a turnip. A couple days ago, I was complaining about this and my daughter says, "I have 40 turnips". She'd been playing for three days and already discovered the turnips.

My big money maker has been fishing lately. I catch a handful of sharks each day, and they sell for 10-15k each, depending on the type. Some other fish also sell for close to that. I've been to the island an few times, but the fish there seem the same as the fish in town. In one day I paid off my 80k loan, 90k public work, bought about 20k in items, and have 30k left in the bank.

If you don't play Sunday morning, you probably would never see them, it's a small timeframe to buy them. Definitely look into catching bugs on the island. It's very easy to pull down a million in a short amount of time.

Heropon

If you want her to move, don't talk to her at all this point. She won't mention it to you unless she pings and then you talk to her. In the future, if it's a villager you want to keep, save and quit and reload, then head straight for that villager and they should ping immediately. Alternately you can walk/wait around somewhere and then track them down, but reloading is easier.

Thanks. I didn't remember that they had to do that to talk about moving, the other day Peanut tried to move out too but I had to stop her. For some reason, I don't feel that way for Velma so she can go wherever she wants, I just hope that her replacement doesn't build its house over my hybrids.

Elija2

Damnit, I forgot that I invited Apple to move into my town so I forgot to do the new-character trick. She ended up moving onto a pretty bad spot right on top of a path. Oh well, I never intended for her to be a permanent resident anyway.

789shadow

Banned
Damnit, I forgot that I invited Apple to move into my town so I forgot to do the new-character trick. She ended up moving onto a pretty bad spot right on top of a path. Oh well, I never intended for her to be a permanent resident anyway.
And your town looked so perfect when I visited last night.

Wow, that's exceedingly generous of you. Even if I was interested, I don't think I would be able to take advantage of your kindness like that, I'd definitely try to pay for more than the shipping :p but honestly, I wouldn't mind trying it, but I really don't have too much interest in it, and I'd rather have it go to somebody who has been looking forward to it. If somehow you can't find anyone at all, let me know and we can hash something out. That sucks that you have to go through all that trouble :(
Yep sucks, and there is someone who wants it on my twitter but I'm don't know them in all honesty. It makes gifting to them feel odd, would rather send it to someone I know and more than likely hear impressions from XD.

Will probably talk more about it nearing release/when I get the import.
blugh why wont my disliked villagers move out :( Need to cycle more to get my favorites back!

Also, Punchy is awesome
Aah Punchy...he bought a flea of me yesterday =|

Azuran

Banned

I have my original perfect cherry sitting in a locker in my home. I'm too scared to plant it since I know I'll screw something up.

Frogstep

I have my original perfect cherry sitting in a locker in my home. I'm too scared to plant it since I know I'll screw something up.

Unless you plant it in a bad spot or on the southern part of your town you're pretty much guaranteed to get a perfect fruit tree. If you bury fertilizer near your regular cherry trees you also have a chance and producing more perfect cherries.

You can then start planting more and more to start a small orchard that you can harvest and then sell off whenever someone has perfect cherries on premium. I actually had perfect cherries a few days ago. :p

Niraj

Thanks. I didn't remember that they had to do that to talk about moving, the other day Peanut tried to move out too but I had to stop her. For some reason, I don't feel that way for Velma so she can go wherever she wants, I just hope that her replacement doesn't build its house over my hybrids.

Check out the alt reset trick in the OP :)

Yep sucks, and there is someone who wants it on my twitter but I'm don't know them in all honesty. It makes gifting to them feel odd, would rather send it to someone I know and more than likely hear impressions from XD.

Will probably talk more about it nearing release/when I get the import.

Aah Punchy...he bought a flea of me yesterday =|

Yeah no problem man. Let me know if nothing works out.

So I'm already at 10 frog villagers and look who finally decides to camp out here:

aDiEwEC.jpg

Why.... why do you do it to me.. D:

Ugh :( sorry man. He'll come back around.

Unless you plant it in a bad spot or on the southern part of your town you're pretty much guaranteed to get a perfect fruit tree. If you bury fertilizer near your regular cherry trees you also have a chance and producing more perfect cherries.

Fruit trees can be planted anywhere in town--not just the northern half. And fertilizer only works on flowers.

Plant your perfect cherry. If something happens to it for some reason, we can replace it. I've kept a supply of everything but perfect pears in my locker and am happy to give a few out if people want to start orchards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom