• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
He just came to see what all the fuss was about. I'm sure he will. :D

Oh that's right. I must have been thinking about pine trees. :p

I'll try to force him to your town from my camp next time he pops up :p

Thanks but I think I'll let the game do whatever it wants, including destroying my gardens. I'll just store my purple roses at home to reduce the risk.

Fair enough, and good idea.

Azuran

Banned
I am so sick of sea bass. I want to fish up the other big non-fin fish...

Are you sure you're fishing the right shadows? There's a small but noticeable difference between a sea bass and the big fishes.

_nanas_s__acnl___sea_bass_coelacanth_shadows_by_supermariofan888-d6ns351.png

Okay I know this is a double post but the hours between are enough I think. Anyway this is an odd request but does anyone have an extra Hero's Shirt? I have the other 3 pieces to Link's clothes but I am missing that one and I know just from what I have been getting in the fortune cookies that i'll get another full Samus suit or 3 before that shirt ticket comes.

Niraj

Okay I know this is a double post but the hours between are enough I think. Anyway this is an odd request but does anyone have an extra Hero's Shirt? I have the other 3 pieces to Link's clothes but I am missing that one and I know just from what I have been getting in the fortune cookies that i'll get another full Samus suit or 3 before that shirt ticket comes.

I checked, but no luck, sorry dude. I'll try to keep my play coins in mind once I accrue some.

I just saved and quitted for the last time. True story. :/

60062_78411.gif

You had a good run.

Revven

So... I just turned this game back on today. The last time I played this was this time last year (some other games at the time distracted me from playing AC much). Thankfully, the me from a year ago was smart and put the Beautiful ordinance into effect so I don't have any weeds at all in my town (or at the very least, only a few, which I picked just now).

I'm... tempted to continue to play this game again but it's hard to say how long this will last. It might just be because of this 'summer drought' of new games (for the 3DS at least) that I'm returning to this.

Plus, I never finished getting my house to 100% (whereas in previous ACs I at least played it for that long to do it!) So, if I stop playing it'll be because I did that but that'll take awhile now, I guess.

Already paid off most of my loan for whatever the last thing I did to my house was...

But yeah, I found it pretty amusing that it was literally 12 months since I played this game and my town is pretty much as if I never stopped playing it -- all my villagers are still here (well, there's one new one apparently... I guess I never had a full town? Dunno).

Yup, free to a good home.

Zing

Banned
Is there any tracking of gold medals from tours? As in, is there anywhere in the game that I can see my past best medals for each tour, or even just the ones I got gold in?

Also, if I visit a friend's town, go to the island, fill the dock basket. Can I go home to my town and the dock basket contents be available there?

We went to the island and I have a basket of beetles. Unfortunately, my friend does not have any store open this late. Sigh.

Niraj

Is there any tracking of gold medals from tours? As in, is there anywhere in the game that I can see my past best medals for each tour, or even just the ones I got gold in?

Also, if I visit a friend's town, go to the island, fill the dock basket. Can I go home to my town and the dock basket contents be available there?

We went to the island and I have a basket of beetles. Unfortunately, my friend does not have any store open this late. Sigh.

No and yes respectively.

Chopper

We'll keep rocking the D-Bry Yes! shirt forever!

Chopper no. D':

I'm glad you had fun and made it this long. :p

Well it was fun hearing your thoughts on the game even though I've only been in here since Feb. You'll be missed.
I accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish a little while ago. Since then, I've just been logging in habitually in order to keep flowers in check, find my fossils, finish up a couple of trades etc, desperately hoping that no-one would move out in the mean time. This week, I decided that I would quit the next time someone announces they were leaving so that nothing would change in my absense. Miranda approached me last night, so I've decided to say goodbye to Buckland for a bit. You are all awesome people, and I look forward to playing other games with you all!

Edit: I did a thread.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=857500

You had fun Chopper, that's what really counts. *Sigh* at that junior's 1st posting on your thread. Guess when I'll probably stop playing ACNL probs make sure I get pinged that they want to move as well. You gonna be on for Fantasy Life =P?/looking forward to anything that we may see you around?

I accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish a little while ago. Since then, I've just been logging in habitually in order to keep flowers in check, find my fossils, finish up a couple of trades etc, desperately hoping that no-one would move out in the mean time. This week, I decided that I would quit the next time someone announces they were leaving so that nothing would change in my absense. Miranda approached me last night, so I've decided to say goodbye to Buckland for a bit. You are all awesome people, and I look forward to playing other games with you all!

Don't be a stranger, Chop :(

You do? Oh you would be my savior for that shirt.

Sure, it's just been sitting in storage. Give me a heads up when you're free.

Velcro Fly

Getting my golden bug net tomorrow! Then will get my golden fishing rod in October once I catch that one salmon I need. Will have the whole set of golden tools for the first time in my AC career. I never thought I could do it until I tried. I think that's one of the things about this game. I could say that about all my flowers that I've grown or actually getting the streetpass badge or all the snowman items.

Chopper

You had fun Chopper, that's what really counts. *Sigh* at that junior's 1st posting on your thread. Guess when I'll probably stop playing ACNL probs make sure I get pinged that they want to move as well. You gonna be on for Fantasy Life =P?/looking forward to anything that we may see you around?
Definitely in for Fantasy Life. I'll be picking up most of the major releases. I'll actually have the inclination to play them now! My NNID and PSN name are ProperChopper. Add me to whatever you've got!

Don't be a stranger, Chop :(.
Oh, I won't. This'll always be my favourite thread, and I'll continue to post here, even if it's just to catch up or give newcomers advice. Thanks again. :)

Stupid banded dragonfly! I command you to appear!
I keep peeking in on scorpions but yet to find one. Shitty part is... I really don't have the patience or time to go bug hunting like I did before. Maybe I'll find a good night but I've now also reserved myself to just letting it go if I don't get it. It'll mean my museum is never completed but I've worn myself down about it. It'd be more fun if I could have company while I'm doing it but since that's one of those ones that down spawn if your town is open... :/

Niraj

I keep peeking in on scorpions but yet to find one. Shitty part is... I really don't have the patience or time to go bug hunting like I did before. Maybe I'll find a good night but I've now also reserved myself to just letting it go if I don't get it. It'll mean my museum is never completed but I've worn myself down about it. It'd be more fun if I could have company while I'm doing it but since that's one of those ones that down spawn if your town is open... :/

You could bitch to people on your BF chat at least :p

Gallant statue at Redd's. Who wants it?

Definitely in for Fantasy Life. I'll be picking up most of the major releases. I'll actually have the inclination to play them now! My NNID and PSN name are ProperChopper. Add me to whatever you've got!

Oh, I won't. This'll always be my favourite thread, and I'll continue to post here, even if it's just to catch up or give newcomers advice. Thanks again. :)

Oh good, I look forward to playing that with you then, even though I didn't get to visit Buckland. And glad to hear that you will still pop your head in here.

Will add you on both if I don't already have you, at least not on PSN XD
As long as you have the correct time, save and continue, until it spawns?

I end up playing into the night pretty late on weekends. If I happen to come across one its yours!

Will add you on both if I don't already have you, at least not on PSN XD

As long as you have the correct time, save and continue, until it spawns?
Yeah, I've been trying in all sorts of areas including spots that spawned them last Summer. Do I need to just give Katrina my bank account number? Is that what I'm missing? Or does Blathers send Celeste out to kill them because he really doesn't want that thing in his museum?
I end up playing into the night pretty late on weekends. If I happen to come across one its yours!
I wish so much it happened like this right now. :/
:D my favorite was when (I think) Wolfe was missing a tuna, so I caught one in his town and released it in front of him.
Did you release it into a river as well so it'd suffer the agony of not being in salt water?

Velcro Fly

Damn Rolf got me right in the feels just now.

Saying something about leaving and is like "be friends with me for a little while longer" and it's like I'll always be your friend.

Also when he moves my beloved Ricky's catchphrase of YOLO will also be gone. I still think it's funny seeing villagers end a sentence with that.

Damn Rolf got me right in the feels just now.

Saying something about leaving and is like "be friends with me for a little while longer" and it's like I'll always be your friend.

Also when he moves my beloved Ricky's catchphrase of YOLO will also be gone. I still think it's funny seeing villagers end a sentence with that.
One of my tiny grumps in the game is when it decides they'll be on the main strip shopping and whatnot, it doesn't keep those. It's like they get erased and reduced to generic phrases. I stopped talking to them because they don't really feel like the same character when they had a house in town. Rather keep the memory alive of the way they were.

Also kinda hits me in the feels because my grandmother developed Alzheimer's and she went from having little phrases and stuff she used to say to me to never mentioning them again - much less remembering who I was on a personal level. Shit scars your heart.

Azuran

Banned
PSA: Cousteau is still the best character in the series.

TTCmv1C.jpg

Seriously, look at him walking around in a rainstorm without an umbrella. What a certified badass.

Frogstep

PSA: Cousteau is still the best character in the series.

TTCmv1C.jpg

Seriously, look at him walking around in a rainstorm without an umbrella. What a certified badass.

All frogs walk around without an umbrella in the rain. I think they're the only species that does that too. I had Del (alligator) and he would use an umbrella whenever it rained.

I'm glad I made it to 10 frogs in time for rain to start showing up again. These frogs know how to party! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom