• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Niraj, if Carmen ever leaves give me a heads up, I want her in my town.

Will do. Not sure if I'll get rid of her, but actually I can't recall her ever bringing it up. Most of the time it's Lionel or Flurry. Like that'll ever happen.

Elija2

All frogs walk around without an umbrella in the rain. I think they're the only species that does that too. I had Del (alligator) and he would use an umbrella whenever it rained.

Octopuses do that too. Frogs and octopuses coolest species' confirmed.

Elija2

I hope they increase the villager cap and make more than 3 octopuses for the next one. That way I can throw some into the mix cause they really made those 3 look so awesome.

They've kept it so that there are no villagers that share the same birthday, so I think the max that there will ever be is 365 (would they make a poor villager that has their birthday on February 29th?). There are 333 villagers in New Leaf so there's room to add more, but eventually they're gonna reach the limit so they'll either have to stop making new villagers or start rotating them out each game.

Zing

Banned
Spent some time on the island tonight and caught a Golden Stag. I went to hold it up to show my friend and accidentally tapped "release".

:(

Will do. Not sure if I'll get rid of her, but actually I can't recall her ever bringing it up. Most of the time it's Lionel or Flurry. Like that'll ever happen.

Yeah I understand. If she was in my town I wouldn't want her to leave either. she reminds me of my wife actually, which is why I want her in my town.

I hope they increase the villager cap and make more than 3 octopuses for the next one. That way I can throw some into the mix cause they really made those 3 look so awesome.

Ooh completely forgotten to show this to Frogstep. Any chance you read manga? Came across this, maybe you'll like reading this =P:
001.jpg
https://www.mangabox.me/reader/113/first/

Frogstep

They've kept it so that there are no villagers that share the same birthday, so I think the max that there will ever be is 365 (would they make a poor villager that has their birthday on February 29th?). There are 333 villagers in New Leaf so there's room to add more, but eventually they're gonna reach the limit so they'll either have to stop making new villagers or start rotating them out each game.

I forgot about that whole birthday thing. There's plenty of reject villagers and ones that go unnoticed that they could easily rotate out for some newer ones.

Ooh completely forgotten to show this to Frogstep. Any chance you read manga? Came across this, maybe you'll like reading this =P:

https://www.mangabox.me/reader/113/first/

Read and loved it! That has been the greatest thing I've ever read, lol. Thanks for that neat find. :D

Elija2

I forgot about that whole birthday thing. There's plenty of reject villagers and ones that go unnoticed that they could easily rotate out for some newer ones.

I'm sure nobody would miss Diva or Pietro. :p

Trying to decide when I will stop playing this game: one year after starting, or until the next Animal Crossing comes out.

You could do what I'm doing and stop when you get the biggest town tree (after playing for 500 days).

Niraj

Yeah I understand. If she was in my town I wouldn't want her to leave either. she reminds me of my wife actually, which is why I want her in my town.

Well I'll definitely consider it then if she ever gets the bug :)

Speaking of birthdays, if they ever add one for mine, I hope it's a cool one lol. Probably will be Hippeux's younger brother with my luck.

Well I'll definitely consider it then if she ever gets the bug :)

Speaking of birthdays, if they ever add one for mine, I hope it's a cool one lol. Probably will be Hippeux's younger brother with my luck.

Thanks! Also in the birthday talk I decided to check who has my birthday. Pietro... I dislike clowns, just my luck.

my girlfriend and I bought AC:NL so we could play together while she is out west. Sadly we both seem to get error messages when we try to and visit each other. We can see the towns listed as a place to visit:

018-0512

I think I have fixed it on my side. I need to try and visit someone else's town to confirm that the issue with her router.

Anyone have open gates right now that wouldn't mind a 30 second visit?

friend code: 2552-2782-0375

Elija2

Octopi use umbrellas.

They're still the coolest though. :)

They do? Dang. Well, I guess that's something they can fix in the next game.

my girlfriend and I bought AC:NL so we could play together while she is out west. Sadly we both seem to get error messages when we try to and visit each other. We can see the towns listed as a place to visit:

018-0512

I think I have fixed it on my side. I need to try and visit someone else's town to confirm that the issue with her router.

Anyone have open gates right now that wouldn't mind a 30 second visit?

friend code: 2552-2782-0375

If you still need help I can open up for you. My FC is in my profile.

They do? Dang. Well, I guess that's something they can fix in the next game.

If you still need help I can open up for you. My FC is in my profile.

That would be a huge help! I added you, if you'd do the same and open your gate so I can test it? :)

NNID: outunderstars
friend code 2552-2782-0375

Velcro Fly

The bug off is underway.

Here's hoping for some bug furniture that I didn't get last year because I didn't know how the bug off worked

edit: Is it possible someone could open up today and let me turn in bugs? I need just about everything so set doesn't really matter.

Fireblend

Banned
Is 84 a good enough bug off score? Dunno if I should keep hunting for something better. Also I totally didn't know how the bug-off works and turned it in right away, damn, haha.

Linius

Bug off is easy. If you don't win it this month just make sure to prepare the next time. Catch one of the big bugs on the island and you will win. It's harder to get the silver and bronze trophy too if you care about that stuff.

Niraj

The bug off is underway.

Here's hoping for some bug furniture that I didn't get last year because I didn't know how the bug off worked

edit: Is it possible someone could open up today and let me turn in bugs? I need just about everything so set doesn't really matter.

Yeah, let me know when you're around. Record is only 35.

Zing

Banned
Is 84 a good enough bug off score? Dunno if I should keep hunting for something better. Also I totally didn't know how the bug-off works and turned it in right away, damn, haha.

I'm currently at 81. I didn't know beforehand either, but the frog tells you that you get a prize each time you beat the current high score. So I ran around, caught a bunch of stuff, and turned them in the order I thought they were best. Before you commit to handing the bug over, you can gauge his response. At least that is how it appears. He says EXQUISITE etc.

I found it funny that he actually eats the bugs you hand over.

MicH

Nat is one of the best characters in this game. I love his expressions when you hand over a good bug. So much better than Chip! Also, I love his little hat and the stuff he gives out is fantastic! Yay Nat!

Frogstep

I've got Katie wandering about if anyone wants her or can let me just drop her off. I think I still need 1 or 2 of her items but she has been missing ever since last summer/fall for me. Probably got kidnapped or something.

Niraj

I've got Katie wandering about if anyone wants her or can let me just drop her off. I think I still need 1 or 2 of her items but she has been missing ever since last summer/fall for me. Probably got kidnapped or something.

Go for it dude.

Azuran

Banned
Nat is a jerk! How is an agrias butterfly worth more points than a banded dragonfly? I gave him a very exquisite delicacy the he probably would never catch by sticking his chameleon butt to a tree, and barely got 90 for one.

*grumble* I want my banded back :(

Velcro Fly

I think my high score is 105. I've won the bug off before so if someone beats me I'm okay with that. Would be swell to get a silver bug off trophy for the old catalog.

I turned in half a dozen in Niraj's town higher than that though. Putrid luck on horned elephants though. I had three and two of them were below 80 :(

It is fun cramming all the fishing tourney/bug off stuff in one room though.

Niraj

If any of you newer players want some of the bug furniture, I have two honeybee chests, a mini butterfly table, and a spiderweb clock from some bugs I had in my island basket.

Once again defeated my villagers in another stunning display of mayoral superiority.

Nat is a jerk! How is an agrias butterfly worth more points than a banded dragonfly? I gave him a very exquisite delicacy the he probably would never catch by sticking his chameleon butt to a tree, and barely got 90 for one.

It's random within the tiers. The fishing tournies can at least be predicted if you hand in your fish in order of size. Bug Offs are more of a guessing game.

Niraj

Once again defeated my villagers in another stunning display of mayoral superiority.

It's random within the tiers. The fishing tournies can at least be predicted if you hand in your fish in order of size. Bug Offs are more of a guessing game.

Good job :p

It's dumb because the same bugs have different sizes if you reset. I thought I'd try to get 4 different things today, but because of that it was way more annoying since I couldn't really put them in order.

Fireblend

Banned
Well despite not knowing the bug off rules (alright alright, I skimmed through the explanation) and submitting an 84-points butterfly right at the beginning I did best my score twice by going bee-hunting, and got some more bug furniture. Woo!

This was my first Bug-Off since I missed last month's. Didn't know much about it other than the advice given in this thread and the thonky guide.

I pretty much screwed myself by turning a cyclommatus stag early which was worth more points than anything else in that tier. Only could top it with a horned hercules. So I only got 2 pieces of furniture (ladybug chair and caterpillar sofa). Sucks it's so random, at least in the fishing one you can plan ahead.

Earned first place with my main and second with the alt. Getting the bronze trophy won't be easy, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom