• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I, an asshole? :p

QbBwY.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Nah lol, I believe you are more of an opportunist troll =P. If you were an asshole, you'll cut down someone's village trees...

Knew a person on twitter that did that to someone and was an unrepentant asshole about it =/

Basically when you are given the chance to troll someone you seem to be compelled, as long as it's harmless/playful but you'll always help out anyone when you can =D

That was rhetorical, but thanks for the reassurance :p lol. Keoni, that pic always cracks me up.

Frogstep

I completely forgot that tans are now a thing again thanks to summer being back. I'm too lazy to whip out my leaf umbrella or put on a tan resistant hat so... tans!

Niraj

I completely forgot that tans are now a thing again thanks to summer being back. I'm too lazy to whip out my leaf umbrella or put on a tan resistant hat so... tans!

I switch between my usual hat and the conical straw hat so I'm not ultra tan. I guess it doesn't matter, but I do it anyway lol.

Thinking about a tan myself...

zlCfzSTit4gp7S4xah

Huh. I don't remember having such fluffy clouds before...

Goldie is moving out soon but I think it's over the weekend and I won't be able to pass her off to anyone. :\

MicH

Last chance if anyone want Octavian the cranky octopus :)

Also, there's a meteor shower in my town right now if anyone wants to come over and make a wish or hang out :)

Frogstep

I switch between my usual hat and the conical straw hat so I'm not ultra tan. I guess it doesn't matter, but I do it anyway lol.
Frogstep you'll dry up! Arm yourself with a hat!

I must always wear a frog cap. Always and forever!

zlCfzSTit4gp7S4xah

Goldie is moving out soon but I think it's over the weekend and I won't be able to pass her off to anyone. :\

You definitely have tan appropriate clothing, and I don't think I've ever noticed having clouds like that before. I think the only time I've ever looked up at the sky was during the winter and when it thunderstorms.

Niraj

zlCfzSTit4gp7S4xah

You can see those sometimes between 9AM and 3PM in August.

MicH

Strongly considering letting Apple move out of my town. I adore her, but I've had her for more than a year now (she's actually my oldest villager!), and I kinda want someone new. It doesn't help that I already have three peppy villagers, so that would cut it down to two. I'll try to get Poncho (best Jock ever) or have Lily move in, who I just got in my TT town. Decisions! OR I can have Punchy move in and have both Punchy and Bob.

I just finished my beach room today and I think it turned out great (if a little crowded). I'll try and upload some pictures later :) My house now have a Christmas room (main), Ice (messy and needs to be fixed), Cabana (currently making every piece gold) and a trophy/picture room (very early). Thinking about either making my top floor an autumn/halloween themed room, a mix of bug and flower room or a sloppy/cardboard room. Slowly getting the rest of my hybrid beds done as well :D

I also managed to get two pictures today; Chief and Whitney. Both new :D Yay! Just need Flurry's picture now.

I decided to visit a few dream towns today (since it's the only badge I need besides the StreetPass one) and one of the towns I visited was bluepolicebox's town. Wow, that town is amazing, but what really struck me were the houses. Absolutely beautiful decor in those houses! Amazing job on that, BPB :D

EDIT: Oh wow, Marshal just made a second appointment with me today visiting my house. Never experienced that before and not a lot happened to it lol

Zing

Banned
So far I just have a striped bedroom, a balloon room with toys, a cabin main room, and a kitchen. I started hoarding outdoor stuff (bird house, etc) for the eventual "backyard", but I think it will be a long time before I get all the appropriate furniture and I couldn't spare the storage space, so I gave it all to my daughter for now.

It's that time of week… the time where I think "oh shit, I need to sell turnips". All three of my family's retail is offering absurdly low prices (under 50). I'm hoping for a moderate rise sometime in the next day.

I discovered that a fancy frame isn't as cool as I expected. I thought you could put any artwork in it. Nope. Just a custom design.

I finally bought the digital version of the game. Not sure what I'll do with the cart. I definitely am not making another town, as I can hardly maintain one.

Josh5890

Alright I'm down to 4 fossils that I need to collect but I'm tired of being turned down daily by Blathers. I'm hoping that I can trade with someone in order to collect the remaining few I need.

What I need:

Anklyo Torso
Dimetroden Tail
Megacerops Torso
Stego Tail

What I have to trade:

Apato Torso x2
Archaeopteryx
Dimetrodon Skull
Dinosaur Track x2
Diplo Hip
Diplo Neck
Ichthyo Torso
Megacero Tail
Parasaur Skull
Plesio Neck
Plesio Skull x2
Plesio Torso
Ptera Left Wing
Raptor Torso
Sabertooth Skull
Shark Tooth
Styraco Skull
Tricera Torso

Also, I am way behind on the artwork. I only have Fine Painting, Gallant Sculpture, Scary Painting, and Scenic Painting. If anyone wants to trade their spare artwork for fossils I'm in as well.

This OT has slowed considerably lol, wonder if we'll make it to OT6 before Fantasy Life lol, cause it'll be |OT6|"Hello? Hello? You have my turnip prices! Hello? I'm cold, and there are wolves after me."

=P

This OT has slowed considerably lol, wonder if we'll make it to OT6 before Fantasy Life lol, cause it'll be |OT6|"Hello? Hello? You have my turnip prices! Hello? I'm cold, and there are wolves after me."

=P

I'm probably going to be hanging up AC once Fantasy Life comes out. It'll be fun to occasionally load it up and see what is left.

MicH

=P
Yeah it's sad, but this community is almost dead (or, the thread is). I don't know if I'll still be playing AC once Fantasy Life releases, but my current goal is to get the biggest town tree and to "finish" my town (get all flower beds finished, all rooms in my house and finish my catalog)

Speaking if my catalog, I only need 16 pieces if clothing, two gyroids and the five unorderable pieces of stationary to complete it 100%! :D

I'm probably going to be hanging up AC once Fantasy Life comes out. It'll be fun to occasionally load it up and see what is left.

Gonna ensure I'm pinged before I stop, likely after I get 500 days tree. Hopefully Fantasy Life can manage half as much time we spent of AC, I mean truly ACNL has been great since the beginning with everyone going crazy hyped before it's release XD

Yeah it's sad, but this community is almost dead (or, the thread is). I don't know if I'll still be playing AC once Fantasy Life releases, but my current goal is to get the biggest town tree and to "finish" my town (get all flower beds finished, all rooms in my house and finish my catalog)

Speaking if my catalog, I only need 16 pieces if clothing, two gyroids and the five unorderable pieces of stationary to complete it 100%! :D
Ditto, cept collecting 100% of stuff and sorting things, think I've long passed that goal that it'll work out for me XD, kind of glad the medal collection is an optional click else I'll probably become compelled to get gold on all XD

All I have left to get is to catch a King Salmon and I'm done with the museum. That was my basic goal all this time and I'll have all the golden tools soon. Yeah, I see it as real sad, but AC will usually have recycled events anyway. It has definitely been a long and fun journey, but I must make time for new stuff!

Frogstep

Damn. That's a nice price. Sadly didn't buy any this week. Too distracted. Originally it was because of work but between that, events in the news, and other personal stuff... I didn't know if I'd find time.

This is now my new excuse as to why I have bought 0 turnips since the release of this game. Mine! :p

This is also where I boast about how I will buy turnips this coming Sunday but I'm just not doing it to myself anymore.
I'm totally going to try this time!

Zing

Banned
I don't really see Fantasy Life as replacing Animal Crossing. It's not real-time and it's a combat based RPG. It's seems completely unlike Animal Crossing. It's actually rather odd to me that the games are consistently mentioned together. It seems more like harvest moon with a job-based combat system.

Niraj

I don't really see Fantasy Life as replacing Animal Crossing. It's not real-time and it's a combat based RPG. It's seems completely unlike Animal Crossing. It's actually rather odd to me that the games are consistently mentioned together. It seems more like harvest moon with a job-based combat system.

It's not really about replacing it, it's just that a lot of us happened to also be getting it.

Think it's more to do with most AC players being RPG fans,
who isn't ;P
the ease of being able to play together/chat, especially a 3DS game keep in mind, and that at this point after 1 year on AC it's winding down on what you can do and such.

Also if this App ever came out over to the west, I imagine Frogstep's battery running low making the frog dance and Niraj with the llama =P

lol you know me too well

This is now my new excuse as to why I have bought 0 turnips since the release of this game. Mine! :p

This is also where I boast about how I will buy turnips this coming Sunday but I'm just not doing it to myself anymore.
I'm totally going to try this time!
Haha... I might even skip them next week. Depends if I remember to check nips on time. I won't TT for them. :p
Oh hell. I want that app!

Fantasy Life will be fun but yeah, it won't replace AC for me. I've naturally reduced my time and that's not because of any one thing in particular. I'll still be popping in here off and on for a while as long as people are still around. This is my happiest corner of GAF. The rest of it's nice but this is kinda my "home".

Frogstep

Best app. Frogs and me, we're funky in nature so I'm glad this ad or whatever has them dancing to some funk. Right on, right on.

Haha... I might even skip them next week. Depends if I remember to check nips on time. I won't TT for them. :p

Oh hell. I want that app!

Fantasy Life will be fun but yeah, it won't replace AC for me. I've naturally reduced my time and that's not because of any one thing in particular. I'll still be popping in here off and on for a while as long as people are still around. This is my happiest corner of GAF. The rest of it's nice but this is kinda my "home".

The funny thing is that I sometimes see Joan walking around on Sundays and I tell myself I'll buy some nips after my daily routine is completed. I then either never find her again or I just immediately forget what I just told myself. Maybe it just isn't meant to be. :(

Zing

Banned
I turned in a Rice Grasshopper worth 90 points. It wasn't even a good quality one. Let's see if I can beat that sometime today.

I'm annoyed with myself. Yesterday I saw for the first time a golden set of balloons floating by with a tool attached. I assume it was the golden slingshot. Of course, it was the one time in weeks that I didn't have my slingshot on me.

Velcro Fly

I normally just leave my tools sitting outside somewhere. I normally only have my golden watering can and silver/gold shovels in my inventory but keep slingshots and bug nets and my axe sitting in my event plaza.

Bug Off time today so hopefully I can get the few pieces I need.

Anyone have Firefly Lamp, Hairless Caterpillar Sofa, Ladybug Carpet, Ladybug Chair, Snail Clock, Stag Beetle Chair as the things being given away in your town? Would love to stop by and drop off some bugs to complete my bug furniture collection! FC in profile will probably be around most of the day! I just need the Firefly Lamp, Stag Beetle Chair, and Ladybug Carpet if anyone has extras and wants to sell/trade them instead!

Also still looking for a Nice Painting to round out my art collection!

Zing

Banned
I thought tools counted against a perfect town, but now I see you can have up to 10 items laying around freely. Maybe this is a good use of the fence. I can just leave my tools there. Too bad there isn't some sort of "tool shed" public work.

Niraj

I normally just leave my tools sitting outside somewhere. I normally only have my golden watering can and silver/gold shovels in my inventory but keep slingshots and bug nets and my axe sitting in my event plaza.

Bug Off time today so hopefully I can get the few pieces I need.

Anyone have Firefly Lamp, Hairless Caterpillar Sofa, Ladybug Carpet, Ladybug Chair, Snail Clock, Stag Beetle Chair as the things being given away in your town? Would love to stop by and drop off some bugs to complete my bug furniture collection! FC in profile will probably be around most of the day! I just need the Firefly Lamp, Stag Beetle Chair, and Ladybug Carpet if anyone has extras and wants to sell/trade them instead!

Also still looking for a Nice Painting to round out my art collection!

If you don't find anyone, I could order you a ladybug carpet at some point. The wall and carpet can be ordered for some reason.

MicH

Long post incoming!

For those still desperately trying to get their turnips sold, Reese is buying them for 150 bells each today.

Bob told me he will be moving out on the 21st. While I absolutely love Bob, I think I'm going to let him move out, as I have Punchy in my TT town and honestly, I would rather have him over Bob. So if anyone wants Bob and has room for him on the 21st, let me know.

Also, I'm hoping someone can help me with these last pieces of clothing I need. These will finish off my entire clothing section of the catalog, and I will only need two gyroids and the five unorderable pieces of stationary :D

Basketball Tank
Blue Letter Jacket
Dawn Tee
Fresh Tank
Funky-dot Tank
Red-bar Shirt
Red-check Shirt
Sailor’s Shirt
Spunky Knit Shirt

Elija2

You can store items as presents in your letter inventory. I leave my slingshot and watering can in there since they're tools that I rarely use.

Ugh Bug-Off. Once again only got two pieces (beetle chair and spiderweb clock). Randomness sucks.

Also, I'm hoping someone can help me with these last pieces of clothing I need. These will finish off my entire clothing section of the catalog, and I will only need two gyroids and the five unorderable pieces of stationary :D

Do you want to catalog or own the stationery? I only have 1 of each.

Ok, can you come now?

You get them from villagers mailing you them, but it's very rare. I only got the snowman paper myself, all others were trades/giveaways/etc

MicH

Ok, can you come now?

You get them from villagers mailing you them, but it's very rare. I only got the snowman paper myself, all others were trades/giveaways/etc
Oh wow. I have yet to get any. Time to start sending mail to all my villagers :p

Yes, I'll be there in a minute! Thank you :D

Notker

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed something weird.

Today is fireworks day, and I wanted to try out the custom design fireworks. I'm not very artistic, so I just made a simple England flag. Naturally, I tried to name it "England".

But I got the standard "You can't use those words" message that normally appears if you try to use curse words. I tried using other country names, just to see if Nintendo for some reason had banned the use of the names of all countries for some bizarre Nintendo reason, and nope, they worked just fine.

Moral of this story: Nintendo hates England.

Well you English did ruin everything! You got to use the United Kingdoms, stop trying to separate the union!
English here =P, that's weird lol surprisingly never used England as a word in ACNL

MicH

I just noticed something weird.

Today is fireworks day, and I wanted to try out the custom design fireworks. I'm not very artistic, so I just made a simple England flag. Naturally, I tried to name it "England".

But I got the standard "You can't use those words" message that normally appears if you try to use curse words. I tried using other country names, just to see if Nintendo for some reason had banned the use of the names of all countries for some bizarre Nintendo reason, and nope, they worked just fine.

Moral of this story: Nintendo hates England.

Well you English did ruin everything! You got to use the United Kingdoms, stop trying to separate the union!
English here =P, that's weird lol surprisingly never used England as a word in ACNL

Usually that pops up if there's something inflammatory within the word like "spice." Not sure what the problem could be in this case though.
My guess is that "gland" is a censored word

Niraj

Cicada shells don't get enough credit for their blessed silence.

:(

Usually that pops up if there's something inflammatory within the word like "spice." Not sure what the problem could be in this case though.

I appreciate cicada shells too :p I also make a point to walk next to trees to scare away all the other ones. Silence is golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom