• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cicada shells don't get enough credit for their blessed silence.

:(

Usually that pops up if there's something inflammatory within the word like "spice." Not sure what the problem could be in this case though.

Sorry bpb, I had busy work for a few days and didn't even notice she was planning on leaving. I had wonderful memories of her though, thank you!

These seemed fitting as the second (last?) summer winds down for many of us. Paintings by April Liu. Larger versions on her site along with her other work.

tumblr_mpuo9te3CT1s95dhwo1_r1_250.png
tumblr_mpuo9te3CT1s95dhwo2_r1_250.png

tumblr_mpuo5umnmT1s95dhwo2_r1_250.png
tumblr_mpqyb8WIqI1s95dhwo1_250.png

tumblr_mpqrf4xEvx1s95dhwo1_r1_250.png
tumblr_mpshmkCRPO1s95dhwo1_r2_250.png

These seemed fitting as the second (last?) summer winds down for many of us. Paintings by April Liu. Larger versions on her site along with her other work.

Beautiful.

New Fantasy Life overview video and PR release for those still unsure if they were gonna go from ACNL to it, online is 1-3 players instead of 4 though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KbU9Gyo2uuA
Link Mode and wider online features revealed, including co-operative play

18th August 2014 - Explore the vast open world of Reveria alongside friends and share your discoveries with a host of local and online features available to players of Fantasy Life, the much-anticipated role-playing adventure from LEVEL-5 coming to Europe on 26th September for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems.

Link Mode, an online communication tool discovered by paying an in-game visit to the Guild Office in the town of Castele, is a feature that - once activated - allows you to connect with friends when they are playing Fantasy Life at the same time*, and exchange messages and valuable tips during gameplay. To keep your friends informed of your in-game exploits, Link Mode also contains a notification setting to communicate your achievements, and 'Applaud' the landmarks reached by others.

As part of the game's wider co-operative features, players can get together with up to two friends via either local wireless or online multiplayer and explore the world of Reveria together, with online multiplayer incorporating its own chat feature for players to communicate while - for example - on a hunt, or foraging for precious items! So whether you are in need of reinforcements to defeat a powerful monster, or are seeking to trade certain items with friends via an in-game Exchange Box, taking part in co-operative play with friends will help you accumulate much-needed experience and items to aid in your adventures.

In addition, with the game supporting StreetPass functionality, watch out for other players turning up in your game as citizens of Reveria after a StreetPass encounter. Befriend these fellow players, and you may even receive new items. Meanwhile, in order to capture your most exciting moments in Reveria, you can also unlock the Snapshots function, which will enable you to capture in-game screenshots by pressing the START button - just another way to show off your adventures to others!

Prepare for an epic adventure set in a world filled with dry deserts, snowy mountain peaks, pirate-infested coves and more when Fantasy Life, an RPG containing dynamic life simulation elements, releases in Europe on 26th September for Nintendo 3DS and 2DS systems. With the local and online multiplayer features, or by sharing notifications in Link Mode, explore the furthest reaches of Reveria together with friends, or simply at your own pace.
10988118-1408350839-258958.png

Magnet sheet by ordering from Nintendo UK store, but I'm going digital =P

Wow... those are really awesome. I'd send those as postcards to people.

I managed to buy nips this week. Woke up in time to snag them before heading out on an adventure (was in Seattle this past weekend). Hopefully I, or someone, has good prices this week. :)

Elija2

Those paintings are really good.

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna get Fantasy Life or not. It comes out pretty close to Smash Bros 3DS, and there's no way I'm passing on Smash Bros.

Those paintings are really good.

I'm still not sure if I'm gonna get Fantasy Life or not. It comes out pretty close to Smash Bros 3DS, and there's no way I'm passing on Smash Bros.

No worries when you get it, we'll probably be still around on it when you get it, I'll also be getting Smash as well. So splitting my attention, 3DS wise anyway between SMT4/Fantasy Life/Smash for nearing the end of Sep and early Oct XD, also pretty sure some in AC GAF will be on Smash as well =)

Frogstep

Guys, guess what I didn't buy yesterday? The prices were actually pretty high so I have a good reason this time! :D

Speaking of high prices, Gracie's stuff is still pretty expensive even with the discount. But now is the time for me to grab this set and make one of my shitty rooms look less shitty.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Guys, guess what I didn't buy yesterday? The prices were actually pretty high so I have a good reason this time! :D

Speaking of high prices, Gracie's stuff is still pretty expensive even with the discount. But now is the time for me to grab this set and make one of my shitty rooms look less shitty.

Could wait for the higher discount I guess. What pieces are you needing, I can keep an eye out as well.

I'll be picking up Smash as well. Wish we were getting Fantasy Life in September like you Euro folks.

MicH

I'll be picking up Smash as well. Wish we were getting Fantasy Life in September like you Euro folks.
Totally makes up for those four extra days we had to wait for New Leaf :p

I want to pick up Smash, but I'm not sure I have the money or time for it. Definitely getting Wii U version though

Frogstep

Could wait for the higher discount I guess. What pieces are you needing, I can keep an eye out as well.

I've only picked up the wall, floor, wall clock, bench, desk and wagon so far. Would definitely appreciate a heads up on the rest. :D

I want to pick up Smash, but I'm not sure I have the money or time for it. Definitely getting Wii U version though

Same here. I might skip out entirely on the 3ds version of Smash or wait till I see how that feels and plays with that control scheme to pick it up. Already have Wii U Smash Bundle pre-ordered and paid off so I'm good on that. Looking forward to playing with some of you guys. :)

Velcro Fly

Got a 10th by streetpassing someone as work last week. Hopefully Cobb is a cool guy. Another jock though :(

I just know Hopper is going to show up in my campsite eventually when I have 10. I just told Flora not to leave since I barely got to know her.

Also getting Fantasy Life and Smash day 1. And probably both Pokemon games and the premium edition of Persona Q. lol why do I do this to myself

Niraj

I've only picked up the wall, floor, wall clock, bench, desk and wagon so far. Would definitely appreciate a heads up on the rest. :D

Same here. I might skip out entirely on the 3ds version of Smash or wait till I see how that feels and plays with that control scheme to pick it up. Already have Wii U Smash Bundle pre-ordered and paid off so I'm good on that. Looking forward to playing with some of you guys. :)

I've got the bed right now if you want to grab it/want me to grab it for you.

mantidor

I GOT A LUCKY CLOVER D: O:

Finally after a freaking year with this game.

And yet, I still don't have Katrina, because she decides that after 8:00 freaking PM is "too late". Not even the owl ordinance helped me back when I had it D:

Niraj

Sigh, Another day where I don't catch a Napoleon Fish. At this rate I am going to miss it entirely

Might have better luck trying on the island if you're not already. I think you can find them all day but for whatever reason they seem to be more prevalent during the day for me.

Ultryx

How common are trash cans in the Re-Tail shop or at Nookling Junction? I've been checking for several days so far and nothing yet.

Niraj

How common are trash cans in the Re-Tail shop or at Nookling Junction? I've been checking for several days so far and nothing yet.

I think there are only four of them, so you're probably just having bad luck. Garbage can, garbage pail, trash bin, trash can.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
YESSSSS!!!!!!!! SOOOO happy :D

My village is shaping up, I've gotten rid of Marcel, and trying to drive that horrible Al out of town.

But I now have Ankha (my favorite <3), Chevre, Rolf, Merry, Tex, Shari, and a new house being built with Samson moving in tomorrow :)

Pretty good villagers, eh?

Niraj

YESSSSS!!!!!!!! SOOOO happy :D

My village is shaping up, I've gotten rid of Marcel, and trying to drive that horrible Al out of town.

But I now have Ankha (my favorite <3), Chevre, Rolf, Merry, Tex, Shari, and a new house being built with Samson moving in tomorrow :)

Pretty good villagers, eh?

Ankha is one of the best :)

zlCfzRX4DewFc4ErRY

I also think Tex is pretty cool.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Ankha is one of the best :)

Haha she REALLY is :)

I sold the game last year and re-purchased it a few months ago so obv I had to start all over. Ankha is my absolute fave so I was dreading how many resets it would take to get her as a starting villager (and go through that 10 min intro again and again). Know how many resets it took? Only one! :D

It's fate.

Ultryx

3110-4025-7228

I'm available if you can get on within the next 15 minutes or so.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner. If you're still available let me know. If not it's all good :)

Edit: I apologize. I was on the phone just minutes after I had replied to you. Thanks for offering though! Maybe another time!

MicH

At my 2nd week in the game! I have no ide what any of you are talking about...

Can you ever get a backpack in this?
There's a furniture item called "backpack", but not one you can wear if that's what you want

And welcome to the community! If you have any questions about the game just let us know. We're more than willing to help you out :)

Zing

Banned

I know how you feel. I just started a few months ago and was lost amongst the chatter.

This game is great at introducing you to everything you need to know over time. Talk with your villagers every day and they give you great tips. I'm still learning new things from them.

If you really get into the game, buy the printed guide from Prima. I normally avoid guides, but this one is pretty much just a list of every item in the game, and where to find it, along with descriptions of the holidays and buildings. I don't think it spoils anything. It has a checklist that I use to mark off items I have owned at some point, so my friends and I can browse through it to see what I am able to re-order (you get a catalog eventually that allows you to buy anything you have ever had in your pockets).

And if you out find yourself playing every day, add me to your friends list and I will be happy to visit or have you come visit. Shopping at other towns is a great way to find items you want to buy, and also get non-native fruit.

image.php

Had to avatar quote XD

But welcome as MicH said we're happy to help and you don't get a backpack but the AC way is to use your letters to store your tools etc.
D= Was gonna link to Thonky's ACNL guide but either Thonky is down or it's gone =(

If it comes back this site is a good source of info:
http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf

Awesome, I've never seen that. So it looks like there is a Beautiful Statue at Redd's if anyone needs it. I've already picked up the Valiant Statue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom