• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does sitting under your tree somehow show you how many visitors you've had?

It basically gives you a load of statistics to your town, who and when someone moved in/out, when something opened, number of visitors you had etc, but my favourite of the reason to sit on the tree, the full music track to the title music of ACNL =D

Zing

Banned
I guess I didn't sit long enough. When I sat down a few times, guy just looked off to the side for a few seconds, then I stood up.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I guess I didn't sit long enough. When I sat down a few times, guy just looked off to the side for a few seconds, then I stood up.

Just make sure you wait til the very end if you want to know your visitor count, it's the last thing that shows up.

tumblr_msl07dzxTN1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Just make sure you wait til the very end if you want to know your visitor count, it's the last thing that shows up.

tumblr_msl07dzxTN1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

;___; *Looks at my count and runs to a corner crying*

XD shame I will never get that count but I missed out on some of the other OTs activities, and so many peeps on my friendlist are not on it anymore =/, cept people still here XD can't complain though it was my own doing not opening my gates more upon release lol

Niraj

;___; *Looks at my count and runs to a corner crying*

XD shame I will never get that count but I missed out on some of the other OTs activities, and so many peeps on my friendlist are not on it anymore =/, cept people still here XD can't complain though it was my own doing not opening my gates more upon release lol

You'd really cry if you saw my current count :/

;D

Second time bothering to actually catch one...

zlCfzSVhSPkTKnRSft

I think I've only seen like two since I caught one, though I don't really play late too often anymore.

You sure this is where you want to put it? Oh no looks like its too close to something!

Some parts of this game are really poorly designed... I'm obsessed though.

Azuran

Banned
Is the petaltail really rare or I am just having terrible luck with it? I have been running around rivers for the past few days at their specific window of time and I haven't seen a single one. My OCD side is going crazy guys!

Congrats! What's your method? I've ran into a scorpion twice now and a tarantula once and both times they attacked me before I even had time to react. I always see them when I least expect it.

Don't run around with your net out otherwise they'll attack you as soon as they see you. Also, when you start approaching them with your net, if you slowly stop once they face you, they won't attack, which mean you can safely approach them and catch them once they turn around and stop moving. It's easy once you get the hang of it:

KuJafzW.jpg

:D

MicH

Just posting thus again; I will have Bob boxed up tomorrow so if any of you want him, this is your chance! He's completely free, you just have to have less than 10 villagers and convince him to move to your town :) Ot would be sad if I had to send him into the void :(

Just posting thus again; I will have Bob boxed up tomorrow so if any of you want him, this is your chance! He's completely free, you just have to have less than 10 villagers and convince him to move to your town :) Ot would be sad if I had to send him into the void :(

I'll be glad to take him if he's available.

Edit: I'm at work so I won't be able to take him until later this evening. =(

You sure this is where you want to put it? Oh no looks like its too close to something!

Some parts of this game are really poorly designed... I'm obsessed though.

The most annoying part is that the space restrictions are mainly for the villager ceremony. The PWP fits just fine but the animals don't so the game rejects the placement.

Well, today was my day one considering yesterday I just booted the game up for the first time then quit.

I paid off my initial 10k bells. Woop.

Someone give me some foreign fruit pretty please. (also, how or where do I turn on streetpass? I'll reread op just in case)

Niraj

Well, today was my day one considering yesterday I just booted the game up for the first time then quit.

I paid off my initial 10k bells. Woop.

Someone give me some foreign fruit pretty please. (also, how or where do I turn on streetpass? I'll reread op just in case)

StreetPass must be activated on the console in order for it to receive and transmit house data. This done by following these steps:

1.Switching on the wireless features by turning the switch on the right-hand side of the console onto the "on" position. A yellow light will appear above the switch.
2.Open Animal Crossing: New Leaf and go to the Happy Home Showcase. Digby will register the game with StreetPass when spoken to by the player.
3.Have the 3DS in stand-by mode or switched on when outside in busy areas. Not everyone will have New Leaf or their console activated, but if they do the 3DS may download the data for Showcase.

Happy Home Showcase is on Main Street, in the back as soon as you enter. Also, I think I forgot to update the OP with the fish and such for this month, so thanks for reminding me.

Zing

Banned
If I recall correctly, the showcase isn't available immediately. It takes some time to appear. I could be wrong.

As for "foreign" fruit, send mail to your villagers with native fruit attached. They often reply with foreign fruit. Also, Isabelle will give you a basket of it if you talk with her and complete the "tutorial quests".

If I recall correctly, the showcase isn't available immediately. It takes some time to appear. I could be wrong.

As for "foreign" fruit, send mail to your villagers with native fruit attached. They often reply with foreign fruit. Also, Isabelle will give you a basket of it if you talk with her and complete the "tutorial quests".
Okay cool thanks for the tips.

Yeah the happy home place isn't open yet for me. There's a chain blocking it off.

Game seems just like the old ones. I'm still having fun so far.

Niraj

Okay cool thanks for the tips.

Yeah the happy home place isn't open yet for me. There's a chain blocking it off.

Game seems just like the old ones. I'm still having fun so far.

I think you just have to pay off your first house loan, but it's been a long time.

Hey! Im still really new and you guys have been real helpful! But Im trying out the stalk market atm.

It went like this for me, mon: 80, 83 tues: ?,119 today: 174, 221.

Should I sell at 221? Or wait? I bought for 110. Thanks!!!

Zing

Banned
Seems as though doubling your money is a fine idea. Yes, sometimes the prices peak at 400+ but unless you have invested a million bells into it, it may not matter so much. I find at this early in the game, it's easier and less trouble to just hunt beetles and sharks on the island at night. A full basket brings in 300-400k depending on my luck.

It's kinda weird that there's an Update option right in the main menu and yet this game has never had an update.
They could've fixed so much over the past year or added an anniversary event or well... anything really

Zing

Banned
The Japanese version had an update before the NA version was released. The NA version came with that update already applied. I guess they just never found anything else worth fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom