• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

starmud

well, it only took since launch and playing an hour everyday, to get FOUR gracie visits... the emporium opens tomorrow morning. so excited >____>

Wolfe

Anyone have any interesting villagers moving out? Got a vacant spot again and am too worried about snagging a random from someone at work.

Linius

I thought I had time for the fishing tourney but it turns out my folks like to visit the cinema before going to dinner so I'm gone the rest of the day. Oh well, fishing tourneys a plenty luckily.

Oh and I finally started laying some paths in my town. It's not much yet, but it's a start and I love the look of it.

Velcro Fly

Holy shit I have a perfect town!

How do I maintain this? Just make sure I don't have junk sitting around outside? Keep my flowers watered?

Linius

Holy shit I have a perfect town!

How do I maintain this? Just make sure I don't have junk sitting around outside? Keep my flowers watered?

Make sure your flower/tree count doesn't change. Don't put in any 'dirty' PWPs. Things like the trash can and the oil rig for example. And indeed no junk. Just check with Isabelle each day before you stop playing to make sure she tells you that your town is perfect. If she doesn't you still have a chance to improve it, as long as it's all good before the switch to a new day at 6am.

Velcro Fly

Make sure your flower/tree count doesn't change. Don't put in any 'dirty' PWPs. Things like the trash can and the oil rig for example. And indeed no junk. Just check with Isabelle each day before you stop playing to make sure she tells you that your town is perfect. If she doesn't you still have a chance to improve it, as long as it's all good before the switch to a new day at 6am.

Once it's perfect is it easy to maintain? I pretty much never talk to Isabelle so I probably got this by putting in the police station yesterday. I'll have to remember to talk to her and see if I can nurse this perfect town for 15 days for that gold watering can

Linius

Once it's perfect is it easy to maintain? I pretty much never talk to Isabelle so I probably got this by putting in the police station yesterday. I'll have to remember to talk to her and see if I can nurse this perfect town for 15 days for that gold watering can

Yeah, once you got it it's easy to keep it if you don't change things to make sure.

I'd recommend beautiful town btw, so you can't forget your flowers.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Eh. Black bass fishing isn't that fun. Just been catching carps and the village record is at the upper end of bass sizes.

Will wait for next month's free for all.

football-fish-lamp.jpg

GOBUL <3

Quick update: I orderde 4 flamenco hats and they are delivered, but not sure if I'll be online this evening. I'll order some more if needed. One is reserved for Frogstep en when I'm available again, Frogstep can catalogue the sweets sets too. :)

Mecca

I think I got...2-3 statues on my own and the rest were from others. The only statue I could regularly get was the Mystic statue...otherwise they were fakes. Definitely a pain.

The art gallery is generally one of the last things of the museum you finish. The GC game I think took close to 3 years to finish it; but Wild World and City Folk were around a year and a half to 2 years each. I didn't trade in either of those; that was doing it on my own.

Wild World and City Folk though you could shop his store weekly. This one is more like the GC in that Redd shows up randomly; although I think he randomly shows up more often in this one than he did in the GC. But I would be optimistic and say a year and a half. If the only thing you have left to get are the statues you are in great shape and I would say under a year even would be a good estimate.

But just keep at it and you'll complete the museum. :)

If that's the case, I think my art gallery will never be finished. :( I've only got a little over half of the required paintings right now. I used to try to farm for paintings from my villagers, but I got tired of pushing them until they gave me one so now I just let it happen naturally. Most of the time Redd will sell something I already have. In all honesty I probably won't be playing anymore once I've seen all the events and caught all the bugs and fish. That gives me another six months to try at least.

I made a new public works project and that bumped me back to perfect town status again. Does it have to be 15 days in a row or just 15 days of perfect town status?

Koomaster

I made a new public works project and that bumped me back to perfect town status again. Does it have to be 15 days in a row or just 15 days of perfect town status?
15 consecutive days.
Does anyone have the two lists of fishing tournament prizes?
Marine Floor, Coral Bed, Crab Clock, Dab Table, Football Fish Lamp, Squid Chair

Marine Wall, Jellyfish Lamp, Octopus Chair, Olive Flounder Table, Puffer Fish TV, Red Snapper Chair

Roto13

15 consecutive days.

Marine Floor, Coral Bed, Crab Clock, Dab Table, Football Fish Lamp, Squid Chair

Marine Wall, Jellyfish Lamp, Octopus Chair, Olive Flounder Table, Puffer Fish TV, Red Snapper Chair

Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, after about ten minutes, I have one black bass and it's not even big enough to break the record. This is stupid, I'm not doing this.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thanks.

EDIT: Ok, after about ten minutes, I have one black bass and it's not even big enough to break the record. This is stupid, I'm not doing this.

Next month you can give him anything if I remember right, so that should be less of a pain

Apparently the first black bass I handed over from the ones I'd caught in advance was the river monster king of all black bass. I think I'll probably wait for next month's tourney with its sea bass easy mode.

About a minute before the tourney began, I heard a rumor that Bunnie's thinking of moving if anyone's interested. She's a peppy rabbit who loves giving out her picture.

Edit: Scratch that. I caught her in her house and told her to stay. Why can't I have more than 10 villagers? :(

If you're still around I can grab it right now.

Sorry, I posted that not long before I headed to bed. I have some errands to run this afternoon but I should be around later today/tonight.

Quick update: I orderde 4 flamenco hats and they are delivered, but not sure if I'll be online this evening. I'll order some more if needed.

I'd appreciate one please, koala. :)

Oxx

If nothing else it will help propel me towards the silver 'caught a lot of fish' badge.

tumblr_mwd9otCQQ71rf96tno1_400.jpg

Mucho competition for the best fishing spot. They should really have deferred to the King.

Niraj

I think I just need the bed, end table, and wall to have all of the mushroom series. Still missing the clock, tv, and lamp in the harvest series, but worst case I guess I'll just ask one of you guys for those if I don't get them by Thursday.

Frogstep

Quick update: I orderde 4 flamenco hats and they are delivered, but not sure if I'll be online this evening. I'll order some more if needed. One is reserved for Frogstep en when I'm available again, Frogstep can catalogue the sweets sets too. :)

That's great! :)

I can stop by anytime/day you're available.

I think I just need the bed, end table, and wall to have all of the mushroom series. Still missing the clock, tv, and lamp in the harvest series, but worst case I guess I'll just ask one of you guys for those if I don't get them by Thursday.

I think I have an extra end table you can have. I'll check when I get home in a second.

Niraj

Nibbles did not destroy my record. nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Took me three hours to find a 29,90 carp, and now I see she caught a 30,80.

After catching like 10-15 crucian carp and having none of them be better than Tammi's 8.55, I decided that I didn't give a fuck and would rather just hope I get 2nd or 3rd (closest was 7.95 in, so we'll see).

I think I have an extra end table you can have. I'll check when I get home in a second.

Sweet. No big deal if not.

Oxx

Yikes. I just had my first experience of a villager changing their mind and staying even after I said they could leave.

What a swerve.

Velcro Fly

nevermind! i can't read apparently

lol Willow with a 27.50 inch carp. So much for getting furniture today. See if I give you medicine again the next time you are sick

ab.aeterno: Still have those paintings for you...

Everyone: Premium Perfect Apples today. Lemme know if you want to cash in.

Oh, and on my island, the Kitchen Island is available if anyone wants one.

Mecca

The first bass I caught was 23 inches which put me in first place and I got the wallpaper. For the next hour every other bass I've caught has been smaller. I give up. It's only 1:15pm here so maybe I'll try again closer to the end of the tournament. I definitely prefer the rules of the previous event where you could submit anything.

Niraj

The first bass I caught was 23 inches which put me in first place and I got the wallpaper. For the next hour every other bass I've caught has been smaller. I give up. It's only 1:15pm here so maybe I'll try again closer to the end of the tournament. I definitely prefer the rules of the previous event where you could submit anything.

Agreed. The ones in December, February, and April are ones that'll ask for anything, so plenty of time to get all the pieces of that set. The ones in May and January are potentially simple too since there's a chance he'll ask for sea bass.

Koomaster

nevermind! i can't read apparently

lol Willow with a 27.50 inch carp. So much for getting furniture today. See if I give you medicine again the next time you are sick
Yeah Olaf in my town got a 28.80inch carp at the very beginning of the day. Been fishing all day but the closest I can get is 25.10inches. GG Olaf, gg!

Velcro Fly

I tied Willow and apparently tie goes to the mayor. Got a 27.50 incher and got the TV from set B. Then I caught one that was over 30 inches and got the octopus chair. Two pieces of furniture is not a bad haul for today. Hoping that someone in my town beats me in the next couple hours so I can get silver or bronze.

Linius

I turned in one carp quickly before I left the house and it was six inches smaller than the one Kabuki delivered. Gonna have to wait till tomorrows mail to see if I got a silver or bronze one. Or nothing at all.

Elija2

Started playing late today so I only handed in a black bass good enough for third place.

Sorry, I posted that not long before I headed to bed. I have some errands to run this afternoon but I should be around later today/tonight.

I can pick it up now if you're available.

Still looking to trade for the Forest wall, I can trade a Mush End Table, Mush Chair, or Mush Stool for the wall FC: 3780-9866-9404

I have a forest wall I can trade for your mush end table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom