• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

It's kinda weird that there's an Update option right in the main menu and yet this game has never had an update.
They could've fixed so much over the past year or added an anniversary event or well... anything really
Interesting point. So, what would guys have updated?

There are some random oddities that I would have thought would be tidied up. Those items that are arbitrarily unorderable/orderable, like the lawn mower, sprinkler and bug tournament wallpaper/flooring.

And the redundant text whenever you enter buildings and stuff should disappear once you've already said hello for the day.

And I always thought your monetary reward at the dream suite should rise the more people have visited your address.

Those are the things that immediately spring to mind.

Velcro Fly

Second purple pansy! Only need one more black cosmos and I'll have two of every hybrid flower grown in my town. Then comes the planning part where I decide which flowers I want in front of my house.

There are plenty of bugs in the game, many of which are on display in some of the Japanese glitch towns: PWPs in the ocean, hidden villager houses, etc.. But since most of them are pretty tricky and would never be found by the average player, it was probably deemed low priority.

Duping is another thing that could have used a patch but with Nintendo's absurd DLC/holiday release policies, it's just as well they left it in.

Overall, though, it's been a pretty stable game. The only things I think I've really noticed are some translation errors in the dialogue text and visual stutters in certain instances (checking the Re-Tail sign, some unimportant villager pings).

Also, I love your avatar, BPB. :D

New Who season, new Who avatar :)

Chopper

Second purple pansy! Only need one more black cosmos and I'll have two of every hybrid flower grown in my town. Then comes the planning part where I decide which flowers I want in front of my house.
Blue/gold roses or bust.

There are plenty of bugs in the game, many of which are on display in some of the Japanese glitch towns: PWPs in the ocean, hidden villager houses, etc.. But since most of them are pretty tricky and would never be found by the average player, it was probably deemed low priority.

Duping is another thing that could have used a patch but with Nintendo's absurd DLC/holiday release policies, it's just as well they left it in.

Overall, though, it's been a pretty stable game. The only things I think I've really noticed are some translation errors in the dialogue text and visual stutters in certain instances (checking the Re-Tail sign, some unimportant villager pings).
Duping should have been patched out, really. I'd probably still be playing if that were the case!

And yeah, what is up with the stutter at the Retail sign? Every damn time!

And of course, don't forget the red armor glitch that BGBW discovered. Weird shit.

zigg

The stalk market wizard says to sell immediately.
http://www.kurtboyer.com/guides/AnimalCrossingCityFolk/StalkMarket/
Enter your prices in here and click Get Your Recommendation.
Wow, love this!

What Chopper said. I planted a blue rose garden around my house and am slowly surrounding that with blue hydrangea bushes.

The great thing about blue roses is that once you get just a couple, they reproduce themselves like wildfire. Until I switched to BT and stopped watering, they routinely threatened to take over everything 😄

*suddenly pondering a town carpeted with blue roses*

Zing

Banned
I'm at 138 if that helps. My family is much lower.

Duping should have been patched out, really. I'd probably still be playing if that were the case!
I'm curious why this made you quit the game?

Unless I were to freely accept un-orderable items from strangers who cheat, making collecting rare items too easy, I am not sure how it would affect my decision to play.

grumpy

I need to sell a boatload of perfect apples, so could anyone open their gates for me? I'll leave a tip : p

FC: 4596 9473 4020

Bleh. Nip prices keep going down. :( If anyone spots anything good in their town, please let me know.

After that awesome spike last week I haven't gone higher then 100. And I bought a ton of nips. I should never do the real stock market.

I need to sell a boatload of perfect apples, so could anyone open their gates for me? I'll leave a tip : p

FC: 4596 9473 4020

If you can wait for a bit I can open for you. I'll pm my FC. I could use another visitor.

Chopper

I'm at 138 if that helps. My family is much lower.

I'm curious why this made you quit the game?

Unless I were to freely accept un-orderable items from strangers who cheat, making collecting rare items too easy, I am not sure how it would affect my decision to play.
It didn't make me quit. I just mean that if duping had been nixed, there is a far lower chance of me 100%ing my catalogue, so I'd still be persuing that task!

Zing

Banned
It didn't make me quit. I just mean that if duping had been nixed, there is a far lower chance of me 100%ing my catalogue, so I'd still be persuing that task!
You didn't have to accept gifts from strangers. How would one acquire so much duplicated stuff without knowing it? I feel guilty even accepting legit gifts or unbalanced trades.

Chopper

You didn't have to accept gifts from strangers. How would one acquire so much duplicated stuff without knowing it? I feel guilty even accepting legit gifts or unbalanced trades.
All trades were fair. I either traded equally rare goods or paid extortionate amounts of money for the stuff that simply would not be available without duping or a heinous amount of time travelling, like the Zodiac set.

Fuck, I've spent a day playing this game and I'm stuck on the "Saving" screen now that I'm done. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any hope that the game will figure its shit out? I tried turning off WiFi as some have suggested, but I wasn't even playing online prior to quitting.

I'm so sad. ;_;

Zing

Banned
I'm sure the "market" is filled with ill-gotten gains due to time traveling alone. It actually harms people like me who play purely legit because now rare items sell for millions of bells due to the inflationary effect of time traveling and turnip min/maxing.

Fuck, I've spent a day playing this game and I'm stuck on the "Saving" screen now that I'm done. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any hope that the game will figure its shit out? I tried turning off WiFi as some have suggested, but I wasn't even playing online prior to quitting.

Never seen it. Digital or retail copy?

One large benefit of digital is being able to copy my SD card to PC for backup anytime I wish. I never had a problem with a cart, but I would hate to lose all my progress in this or Pokemon, or any game, really. At least if something bad happens, I have a backup from a week or so prior.

Chopper

I'm so sad. ;_;
How long's it been stuck? On a couple of occasions it would take 10 minutes or so to close down. E scariest 10 minutes of my life, granted, but it did sort itself out eventually.

I'm sure the "market" is filled with ill-gotten gains due to time traveling alone. It actually harms people like me who play purely legit because now rare items sell for millions of bells due to the inflationary effect of time traveling and turnip min/maxing.
It's all relative man. For every person charging 20 million bells for a 7/11 set, there's another who'll give it away for free. Value's in the eye of the beholder, so the fact that they items are "ill-gotten" is irrelevant. I was grateful that they were available at all. I love this game, but I was never gonna play it for the 12 or so years it was gonna take to complete the Zodiac set myself. But then, I guess my priorities were different from yours. The beauty of Animal Crossing.

Labrys

Hadn't checked my game in a good month or so, only had two casualties, Charlise and Grizzly.

I should p start playing more often

How long's it been stuck? On a couple of occasions it would take 10 minutes or so to close down. E scariest 10 minutes of my life, granted, but it did sort itself out eventually.

It's only been 3-4 minutes so far. I'll take a shower and hope it's finished by the time I'm done!

Chopper

Still nothing! Is there anything else I should try?
Oh man. I was sure it would sort itself out. Personally, I would avoid interrupting it, at least until I was sure it was properly stuck. It's late here, so I would leave it plugged in and go to bed. Otherwise, I'd think about resetting after about an hour, although that might be terrible advice.

Good luck. :/

I would just turn Wi-Fi off, plug it in, and leave it if you're not in a hurry to play it/something else. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll go through.

Oh man. I was sure it would sort itself out. Personally, I would avoid interrupting it, at least until I was sure it was properly stuck. It's late here, so I would leave it plugged in and go to bed. Otherwise, I'd think about resetting after about an hour, although that might be terrible advice.

Good luck. :/

Thanks, guys. I don't really play anything but AC these days, so I don't mind leaving it on for the time being. I'll keep you posted!

It hasn't; I still have it running. :(
=( Guessing it still hasn't worked now?
Has anyone had trouble finding a stinkbug or spider? I get can't either of those to appear to save my life.
What Niraj said and just make sure you are doing it at the correct time interval, best to shake every non fruit tree you have, if you did and there was nothing try saving and continuing your game then shake them again.

MicH

Now that Bob is gone, I've invited Punchy to my town. So tomorrow will consist of plot resetting to get him in Bob's old spot :p I've also decided on who I want to replace Apple once she leaves; Maple, who just moved into my TT town. Yay!

What are you gonna do?

I finally turned it off and, while I couldn't re-buy the items in the department store (it was too late at night), I was able to regain most of my progress without much difficulty.

I'm going to be saving and quitting much more frequently in the future! I hate this happened because I'm always going to be worried about it now.

MicH

I finally turned it off and, while I couldn't re-buy the items in the department store (it was too late at night), I was able to regain most of my progress without much difficulty.

I'm going to be saving and quitting much more frequently in the future! I hate this happened because I'm always going to be worried about it now.
Good to hear. I was afraid your save would have been corrupted and you would have to start all over :(

That's good that not too much went wrong, but yes save and quit more etc when you can. Also according to every peeps that visited my village, Punchy is awesome, you're in luck MicH =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom