• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogstep

Just buy one of the new ones and appease our Nintendo overlords.

Btw guys, Amiibo are up for preorder on Gamestop's site and Amazon (possibly more but too lazy to look), including our Villager friend. $12.99 a piece.

But... but I haven't even had this XL for a year yet. Why do they do this to me? D':

Holy fuck! Happy birthday to me! Wake up, new 3DS announced and my nips are 584!

Ivan, my friend code is in my profile; let me know yours so I can add you. Opening up in ten minutes. :)

Happy birthday. I added your FC, if I can drop by your town as well. I have quite a bit of turnips I need to sell.

OMG!! I got a Frogstep original hat for my birthday and a sloppy chair from Niraj!! Lewdest birthday ever. <3

And I'm going to leave my town open till Noon for selling unless I need to close to add someone. Otherwise I'll be out and about during the rest of the day but I'll let people know what the afternoon nip prices are just in case I am home.

Thank you for the birthday wishes too, everyone!!!! :D

Edit:
Happy birthday. I added your FC, if I can drop by your town as well. I have quite a bit of turnips I need to sell.
Oh dude! I thought I already had you on my list and was wondering why I hadn't seen you yet. Added! Come on over!

Gonna be AFK for a few. Need to shower and get ready for lunch.

OMG!! I got a Frogstep original hat for my birthday and a sloppy chair from Niraj!! Lewdest birthday ever. <3

And I'm going to leave my town open till Noon for selling unless I need to close to add someone. Otherwise I'll be out and about during the rest of the day but I'll let people know what the afternoon nip prices are just in case I am home.

Thank you for the birthday wishes too, everyone!!!! :D

Edit:

Oh dude! I thought I already had you on my list and was wondering why I hadn't seen you yet. Added! Come on over!

Gonna be AFK for a few. Need to shower and get ready for lunch.

No worries, I thought so too then I checked my list and you weren't. Heading over now. Came and did my business. Left some bells as a happy birthday and thank you.

No worries, I thought so too then I checked my list and you weren't. Heading over now. Came and did my business. Left some bells as a happy birthday and thank you.

Holy crap! I got back to my 3DS and this happened!
TheOffice_MakeitRain.gif

Thank you sooooo much! Glad you were able to sell it all before the nip shift changed! Sorry for being afk.

And speaking of, it's now down to 183. I need to go out and hit up some food but I'll keep an eye on the thread in case anyone wants to sell at that price when I get home.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Oh, I never noticed this:

280365-3DS1.jpg

During today's Nintendo Direct, themes were confirmed for the 3DS. They'll essentially morph your home menu into whatever you choose, with extra music, sounds, backgrounds, and icons to go along with it.

The ones shown during the Direct include two Mario skins, a Zelda theme, and an Animal Crossing menu. According to Nintendo of Europe these will drop in October -- no pricing scheme is currently announced.

http://www.destructoid.com/new-3ds-...-mario-zelda-and-animal-crossing-280365.phtml

Frogstep

Pretty successful first investment!

H7v0ug0.jpg

Managed to knock out the bronze and silver turnip badges in one go! I still need to grab the gold badge so I'm most likely gonna re-up this Sunday. It's also a nice chunk of change to add to my savings. Only 70million left to go!
Pay no attention to how obviously strange I look in this pic.

Okay after checking out all the friend cards that did not have "last on status" on, I've found I now have 6 less friends.

Now added a couple of people here, surprised I didn't have eudaemonic (added you) and added Xenoflux2113 and Zing. My FC is 1461-6184-8370 hope to see you all for the remaining AC day and then onto Fantasy Life ;D

Fun stats: 100 friends was on my list, D= 41 do not put last on status,
Dear God everyone needs to put it on, you know how taxing it is to check who deleted you on 3DS ;___; especially with the letter box dead T__T
, 6 deleted me. And checking it takes way too long on 3DS lol.

Oh, I never noticed this:

http://www.destructoid.com//ul/280365-3DS1.jpg[/IMG

[url]http://www.destructoid.com/new-3ds-themes-confirmed-including-mario-zelda-and-animal-crossing-280365.phtml[/url][/QUOTE]
Now you won't feel guilty abandoning Isabelle =P

Okay after checking out all the friend cards that did not have "last on status" on, I've found I now have 6 less friends.

Now added a couple of people here, surprised I didn't have eudaemonic (added you) and added Xenoflux2113 and Zing. My FC is 1461-6184-8370 hope to see you all for the remaining AC day and then onto Fantasy Life ;D

Fun stats: 100 friends was on my list, D= 41 do not put last on status,
Dear God everyone needs to put it on, you know how taxing it is to check who deleted you on 3DS ;___; especially with the letter box dead T__T
, 6 deleted me. And checking it takes way too long on 3DS lol.

Now you won't feel guilty abandoning Isabelle =P

Nooooooooo, don't delete me! I still wub you! <3

Nooooooooo, don't delete me! I still wub you! <3
Haven't deleted you lol, won't ever on AC peeps still here =) and anyone else I got to know from the original thread. Just had to basically manually reenter everybody that didn't have last online status, became friends again, right back if they still had me and needing to enter a provisional name for those who deleted me. Wished Nintendo made it easier to check =/

Haven't deleted you lol, won't ever on AC peeps still here =) and anyone else I got to know from the original thread. Just had to basically manually reenter everybody that didn't have last online status, became friends again, right back if they still had me and needing to enter a provisional name for those who deleted me. Wished Nintendo made it easier to check =/
I should do that again soon. The purge. :/ I'm getting full again.

Man oh man! Look at my new birthday hat!
XojXMid.jpg

I can't even tell you how insanely honored I feel getting this. Easily in my top three things I've received today for my birthday overall.

Sweet. Nooks is gonna be closed tomorrow. Finally got the first shop upgrade.

What's next? I got the flower shop first, now this. I like this game. Its keeping me excited for whatever opens up next.

Frogstep

I should do that again soon. The purge. :/ I'm getting full again.

Man oh man! Look at my new birthday hat!
XojXMid.jpg

I can't even tell you how insanely honored I feel getting this. Easily in my top three things I've received today for my birthday overall.

Special day deserved something real special! You're now our frog ruler! Rule us! :p

Velcro Fly

Few more days until my museum will be complete. Bittersweet feelings since that is one of the major things I wanted to accomplish in game. I had someone move out this week so now if Hopper shows up in my campground he's mine forever and ever. Also had my bud O'Hare show up on Main Street. He was the original bro giving me his picture. I was such a fool to let him go.

Mephala

So I recently found a stash of screenies I had saved to my PC but hadn't really looked at yet. They are from quite a while back and boy do they bring back some great memories. Especially now that I haven't touched AC in a some time. I decided to upload some of my faves.

Iebz94T.jpg
KDPWF7C.jpg

That is me in my typical One Piece Luffy cosplay outfit. The standee is Franky, also from One Piece. At one point I had every member of the strawhat crew in cutouts around my town. Franky is my favourite though.
Sneaky Edit. Here is the original Franky pic.

gg1uSFl.jpg
V81PUwx.jpg

:D

nFCEysf.jpg

Sleeping I hope!

892E3nY.jpg

Fireworks was a great event. :D

pZGcC8j.jpg
C983rCI.jpg

Ozzie is one of my favourite animals. He is lazy but his expressions are so good. Dat face cracks me up. Cousteau is also one of my favourites. Love the moustache and also has great expressions and interactions with others.

ERO4Mh0.jpg
L4PjZJ9.jpg

Back when my home was still small my most frequent visitor was my sister. This here shows the time I started collecting food items. Good times.

3g86ojX.jpg
w3iTyer.jpg

I am a coffee addict. I use to enjoy coffee in the mornings with my sister before she moved out. When our schedules allow, we can still sort of have coffee together in the mornings.
The person in the second pic is Sharon. Met her via a gaf, sort of. Gaf helped me unload some turnips. We visited a few times afterwards and we're now the bestest AC buddies. She helps me organise my flowers, because I am lazy.

oVJWcxu.jpg
p8nMILT.jpg

The first time I visited Sharon's town she hadn't been playing too long. She likes bath tubs and I tried to help her get the whirlpool for a long time.

KHeBUT5.jpg
usKf9yq.jpg

I love how there is a pic of your ID photo in your club. This is my sister again and we're dancing in her town. She likes collecting all the costumes. Her ID pic has her in the bear costume.

X020fa4.jpg

I have no words for this.

Ooooh added your FC Mephala, mine's 1461-6184-8370, found the rare combination of a person who played AC (even though you aren't playing it anymore lol), MH and an One Piece fan XD

Wished the process to check photos and uploading said photos didn't take too long on the 3DS, would probably upload more screenshots lol

tumblr_nb39h73jSL1r8od2qo3_250.gif

FYI if you guys were planning to update to the new 3DS for the faceplate it's only for the smaller versions =/

Mephala

Nice pics Mephala :)

Anyone free for signatures?

Thanks! My animals are all sleeping so I can't help with the sigs.

I'll add you too!

I've stopped taking screens in AC in favor of a quick trip to Miiverse. It also doesn't help that my animals are repeating a lot of stuff now. :p
I just need to get more my recent pics off the SD card. I hope the New 3DS allows you to transfer via WiFi.

I kind of want one of those partly because they look like they're in bed in that pic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's interesting to note they showed more Animal Crossing themes that seemed to be tied to the 3DS shells, but that may just be showing that you can make those the outside and inside of the 3DS match and those additional Animal Crossing skins will be available to everyone and not just New 3DS owners.

tumblr_nb39h73jSL1r8od2qo3_250.gif

FYI if you guys were planning to update to the new 3DS for the faceplate it's only for the smaller versions =/
Oh... I hadn't realized that. No faceplate for me then. I need the larger 3DS; doesn't make my hands hurt. I will go white for the first time though. I have the New Leaf one but I haven't opened it. Those buttons on the white though. Ungh. Awesome.

MicH

Oh... I hadn't realized that. No faceplate for me then. I need the larger 3DS; doesn't make my hands hurt. I will go white for the first time though. I have the New Leaf one but I haven't opened it. Those buttons on the white though. Ungh. Awesome.
Yes, it sucks. Also, no colorful buttons on the XL

And I hate to say this, but the only new XL colors revealed so far are blue and black. White is new 3DS only (not XL). Hopefully the new XL will get a white color choice in the future though

I'll add you too!

I've stopped taking screens in AC in favor of a quick trip to Miiverse. It also doesn't help that my animals are repeating a lot of stuff now. :p
I just need to get more my recent pics off the SD card. I hope the New 3DS allows you to transfer via WiFi.

I kind of want one of those partly because they look like they're in bed in that pic.
Yay *High fives* fellow MH and I think they noted that it's how they transfer files cause the Micro SD is behind the plates. And now nobody can unsee what you said XD
2t5scc.png

Think they know people want the XL more etc and other publishers like Capcom would rather make XL limited editions.
It's interesting to note they showed more Animal Crossing themes that seemed to be tied to the 3DS shells, but that may just be showing that you can make those the outside and inside of the 3DS match and those additional Animal Crossing skins will be available to everyone and not just New 3DS owners.
I wonder if they'll make the faceplates include codes that allow you to download the themes for free. Would make the most sense but you'll never know =/

Yes, it sucks. Also, no colorful buttons on the XL

And I hate to say this, but the only new XL colors revealed so far are blue and black. White is new 3DS only (not XL). Hopefully the new XL will get a white color choice in the future though
Oh gawd dammit. Fuck the new 3DS then. *goes and frumps in the corner*

Zing

Banned
I am ecstatic that they are bringing back the regular size 3DS. They even boosted the screen size a bit! It's pretty much perfect now.

My town hall is currently being remodelled into the modern design.

Zing

Banned
Anyone know if refurbishing the cloth pattern on furniture adds HHA points? I know refurbishing a set to the same design does, but I haven't been changing my cloth patterns. If it adds more HHA points, I will.

Hansel

Banned
Hey guys, I'm back to playing pretty much full time now and I've gotten back most of the stuff I lost, huzzah!

I made a list of the stuff I'm still missing. http://moridb.com/catalogs/iCErU15znV

If any of you guys want to trade any of that stuff for any of these items I'd be delighted to do so!

Famous Mushroom x 2
Sloppy Wall
Sloppy TV
Sloppy Bed
Sloppy Stereo
Sloppy Clock
Saharah's Desert
Pouch
Red Horned Hat

And if you don't have anything from my list you can totally have any of this stuff for free! Woo!

Velcro Fly

Caught the King Salmon and it was my last fish. Donated it and apparently there is something else I need to donate. I don't know. The first catch of anything has been donated. I have no idea what I need. About to pull the plug and say fuck it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Caught the King Salmon and it was my last fish. Donated it and apparently there is something else I need to donate. I don't know. The first catch of anything has been donated. I have no idea what I need. About to pull the plug and say fuck it.

Can't you check the list outside the museum and just compare it to a master list?

Velcro Fly

Can't you check the list outside the museum and just compare it to a master list?

Yeah I did. There's like 3 I need. I have no idea how that happened. They are all fish I've caught dozens and dozens of times. Catfish, Koi, and Football Fish. Going to have to wait until November for 100% museum. I swear I went to the museum when I got the encyclopedia prompt on everything. Must have accidentally sold them or something =/

Chopper

Yeah I did. There's like 3 I need. I have no idea how that happened. They are all fish I've caught dozens and dozens of times. Catfish, Koi, and Football Fish. Going to have to wait until November for 100% museum. I swear I went to the museum when I got the encyclopedia prompt on everything. Must have accidentally sold them or something =/
Aw man. That's what happened to me. I had to wait months for a fucking pondskater. I couldn't believe it.

There are people all over the place who are in different times of the year though, for whatever reason. Maybe try to find some.

Zing

Banned
Thanks for posting about missing museum pieces. It incited me to verify my museum. This is the time when the seemingly arbitrary sorting of the official strategy guide makes sense. The guide is sorted indentically to the museum list on the sign. I was able to verify my museum in just a few minutes.

I found four items that I have caught but not donated. Fortunately, they should not be difficult to recover.

Petaltail Dragonfly
Bagworm
Yellow Perch
Lobster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom