• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, there are still a few here that play regularly. And I ended up posting in the wrong topic too.

I may as well adopt Pietro from the campsite - no one here seems to like him. ;)

Yup, there are still a few here that play regularly. And I ended up posting in the wrong topic too.

I may as well adopt Pietro from the campsite - no one here seems to like him. ;)
There's a reason for that =)
v1eSHtu.png

Anyone have anything over 100 as far as turnips are concerned (and would be willing to let me sell)? I have to be at a wedding tomorrow and I won't have time. Would love to get rid of them, at the very least, at cost. Otherwise my nips are 43 right now. >.>

Zing

Banned
Why did you wait so long? My girlfriend did the same. We had 140+ for the past two days and she pushed it. Now we are all sub 80.

Why did you wait so long? My girlfriend did the same. We had 140+ for the past two days and she pushed it. Now we are all sub 80.
I had been checking every day. No one has posted anything this week - so it's not like skipped out on my own prices. I started out the week with 78 and it's gone down since. :(

MicH

I actually had 37x earlier this week, but I checked literally minutes before Re-Tail closed so I wasn't able to share it :(

Frogstep

So it rained here for a about a couple of minutes and after it stopped I saw a rainbow on my way home. Load up my town and it starts raining for a couple of minutes there too. Then this happens:

A5XzX5h.jpg

I love when stuff happens in your town that's also happening to you. :D
My turnip prices have also been pretty shitty this week.

Zing

Banned
My family buys almost every week. Between the four of us, someone has a decent price. It's usually too risky to wait past Thursday though.

eudaemonic and everyone else, I am a week behind now. I'm going to try and catch up tomorrow so I'll keep checking my prices hoping for a large spike and let you know.

Sorry, I was out... still around?

Edit - I'll keep an eye on this thread but I'll also check back in the morning. Realized the wedding I need to go to isn't until the afternoon.

Zing

Banned
Maybe it's just a fluke. I've had trips to the island where I get four sharks within minutes of each other and nothing but Goliath and Elephant beetles. I did chop down all my grass-based trees a while ago as a test, because it got tired of seeing so many fruit beetles. Prior to that, I would just run up and scare them away.

I usually have 300-400k bells per basket.

Zing

Banned
Hey I forgot about turnips, although I don't think I even have room to store many. I rearranged my storage and now it's mostly being used by clothing. I don't even have room for much furniture.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Maybe it's just a fluke. I've had trips to the island where I get four sharks within minutes of each other and nothing but Goliath and Elephant beetles. I did chop down all my grass-based trees a while ago as a test, because it got tired of seeing so many fruit beetles. Prior to that, I would just run up and scare them away.

I usually have 300-400k bells per basket.

It's not a fluke. You just leave 2-3 palms on the sides and remove all other trees, flowers, bushes, and stumps. The bugs don't have anywhere else to spawn so you just have to walk up and down for the beetles to show up. You just show up after 7 pm and you're golden. You have to scare away hermit crabs and wharf roaches, but shouldn't be hard to fill up the basket in 15 minutes or so. If you skip goliath beetles, at worst you'll leave with 320k each time.

It's not a fluke. You just leave 2-3 palms on the sides and remove all other trees, flowers, bushes, and stumps. The bugs don't have anywhere else to spawn so you just have to walk up and down for the beetles to show up. You just show up after 7 pm and you're golden. You have to scare away hermit crabs and wharf roaches, but shouldn't be hard to fill up the basket in 15 minutes or so. If you skip goliath beetles, at worst you'll leave with 320k each time.
Jeezus. So I need to clear out the whole Island? This sounds pretty good for cash.

Hip Hop

Jeezus. So I need to clear out the whole Island? This sounds pretty good for cash.

I just followed this guys island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL0AKs6FJ8g

Pretty much take down everything except for the palm trees on the side.
Not a single common bug at night. Not one. All bugs that I catch are basically worth more than 6,000 bells.

Anyway, do people do trades here? I am looking for the whole Modern Series set.
http://merongcrossing.tumblr.com/post/43096162431/modern-series
Name your price I guess if you do have everything.

edit: 1 million bells?

luiztfc

Yesterday I bought some turnips (for 120 each) and sold them for 598 on someone else`s town on Reddit. Can I time travel to sunday and buy more turnips and keep selling them? Not that I intend on doing that (too much work), but I'd like to know if it's possible.

Frogstep

Yesterday I bought some turnips (for 120 each) and sold them for 598 on someone else`s town on Reddit. Can I time travel to sunday and buy more turnips and keep selling them? Not that I intend on doing that (too much work), but I'd like to know if it's possible.

You can time travel and buy more, yes. You just can't time travel once you buy them or they will immediately become rotten.

Schmitty

I bought turnips this week and will be watching prices. Good too see this thread is still somewhat active. I just started playing again.

My only goals now are to pick up the gold fishing rod and wait for the elusive BIG tree in my plaza.
Thinking of the tree made me fire up Activity Log and do a little digging.....

My first gameplay entry was from EU launch day (14th June 2013) which is 452 days ago.
I've missed playing on 44 of those days meaning I still have to boot up for another 92 days after today to get my final tree.

If you're from Europe and have played everyday you only have 48 days to go.
US launched 5 days earlier, so 457 days ago meaning you may only have 43 days to go.

I'm kinda disappointed I've still got so long to go, when Theatrhythm, Fantasy Life and Smash hit time will be low (seeing as I play Tomodachi too)
I may wait until October when I get the gold rod then TT my way to the end, but this seems like a cheap way to wrap up what has become one of my very favourite games.
Hmmm.....

Yes. Just don't time travel backwards while holding turnips or they'll spoil. TTing forward is perfectly safe, as is visiting a TTing town.

I may wait until October when I get the gold rod then TT my way to the end, but this seems like a cheap way to wrap up what has become one of my very favourite games.
Hmmm.....

You'd have to TT one day at a time (or just go backwards/forwards a day) to get the tree to grow. Viewing it in a dream town/someone else's town could save you a lot of time.

Zing

Banned
Speaking of Tomodachi Life, I have the game and sometimes enjoy it. It's hilarious at times but mindless at others. If I didn't haven't Animal Crossing, I'd probably enjoy it more. As it is now, it just feels like something taking time away from other games. Adding Miis in particular feels like a lot of work. I have tried just scanning QR codes for Miis, but I hate how they are all locked and I can't change nicknames, colours, etc. If there was some way to "unlock" Miis that are set to "no copy", my enjoyment would skyrocket.

So I paused my town Saturday morning so I can sell my turnips somewhere else, fast forward to Sunday, buy nips, and then sell again. I wasn't about to sell 600k worth for 31 each on Saturday. :/

Niraj

Didn't realize the grass changed color this early, was thinking it was still a few weeks off.

Frogstep

Didn't realize the grass changed color this early, was thinking it was still a few weeks off.

Yeah for some reason I thought the grass changed around October or something. I think that's when everything starts getting more yellow-y.

Also, it's been thunder storming in my town for 3 days straight now! This is fucking amazing! :O

Elija2

I have some free stuff to give away if anyone wants them:

golden carpet x2
golden wall x2
golden bench
golden closet x2
golden man
golden screen
golden clock

Zipper's pic x2
Tia's pic x2
Curly's pic
Tammy's pic
Deirdre's pic
Hans' pic

closed road
classroom floor
sporty floor
desert vista
western vista
western desert
chain-link fence x2
lunar surface
mossy carpet
skyscraper wall
tatami

egg bed
ladder shades x2
lucky clovers
heart bopper
flower bopper
picnic basket
tweeter
bubble wand
wheat bundle

Niraj

What's everyone's turnip prices looking like? I had two decreases today

Forgot to check the morning price, but my afternoon one was 101 I think. I'm going to try to remember to check for you guys who have been buying them.

Velcro Fly

Fuck yes Willow randomly giving me a rook. I think I might have all the chess pieces now. Maybe just need a knight? I should make them all gold and put them in my gold room with my throne and triforce.

Also getting animals constantly moving in from streetpassing this student at work. I don't think she knows it's me she's tagging a few times per week but I've gotten Cobb and now Roscoe from her in the past month. I'm going to flip a table of Hopper shows up in my campground and I have 10 already...

Also look at me whining about getting streetpasses. With tags from work and hitting relays up I might get the silver streetpass badge eventually

Zing

Banned
My daughter and I unintentionally trade villagers all the time. She just got my Queenie and I just got her Canberra.

Kody is moving out tomorrow. He used to be my bro, but our friendship has faded, mainly because his choice in furniture is terrible. His house was all the western stuff.

Anyway, do people do trades here? I am looking for the whole Modern Series set.
http://merongcrossing.tumblr.com/post/43096162431/modern-series
Name your price I guess if you do have everything.
Hey, just noticed this! Modern or Modern Wood? I won't be able to order till I get my nip/day situation sorted but if no one grabs it ahead of time, I have no problem grabbing it all for ya. Just reimburse me for the cost and we're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom