• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold my first batch of turnips. Thanks to reddit, I turned 40k into 200k. I don't know what to do with it yet. I don't wanna pay off my house just yet, it'd be too empty.

Sold my first batch of turnips. Thanks to reddit, I turned 40k into 200k. I don't know what to do with it yet. I don't wanna pay off my house just yet, it'd be too empty.
I did mine in little chunks too. Don't feel like you have to rush. You can also try investing half of that into next week's nips too. That's how I started out before I put myself at a budget of 600k a week (roughly) to fill up my C tab in my locker (I leave that dedicated just for nips).

Speaking of nips, I have 129 this afternoon. It's not great but you won't take a loss if you haven't been able to sell. I'll check in here off and on - I'm working so it may take a few minutes to respond.

Frogstep

Playing too much of the Smash demo almost made me forget to do my daily routine. D:

I've got some paintings, I think, that I can probably give if anyone needs them tomorrow or something.

This game has some of the poorest designed mechanics in gaming. I'm about done...

I been trying to get the stupid qr code thing for my town, so I can start importing paths. And you have to talk to dang mabel TEN DAYSS consecutively I guess... TEN DAYS!!!! I did it for 7 days and she was really talkative but I guess I missed yesterday??? She is back to "....." To me now. I have to do this another 10 days straight?

What an annoying design. I hate this.

Hip Hop

^

I wouldn't say it's bad. That's just what Animal Crossing. It does get annoying sometimes though.

Also, is this a thing in the Dream Suite?

Got connected to a town where there were flowers everywhere. Who ever made this went an extra step and removed pretty much all the grass from the area too.

Anyway, walk into the home. everything arranged quite nicely. Kitchen completely done too. Two bedrooms with children themes among other thing. I check out the whole house but lastly, I check out the basement. I walk into a basement filled with red lighting and a wallpaper drawing made out of bleeding eyes. Creepy dolls everywhere, and music to go along with it. Even had what looked like skeletons and a body mockup of some sort.

I was like wtf. got out of there quick.

CloakBass

Anyway, walk into the home. everything arranged quite nicely. Kitchen completely done too. Two bedrooms with children themes among other thing. I check out the whole house but lastly, I check out the basement. I walk into a basement filled with red lighting and a wallpaper drawing made out of bleeding eyes. Creepy dolls everywhere, and music to go along with it. Even had what looked like skeletons and a body mockup of some sort.

I wanna see!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
^

I wouldn't say it's bad. That's just what Animal Crossing. It does get annoying sometimes though.

Also, is this a thing in the Dream Suite?

Got connected to a town where there were flowers everywhere. Who ever made this went an extra step and removed pretty much all the grass from the area too.

There was this dream town that was really popular back in the day (2600-0218-7298), and it kind of inspired a lot of people to make creepy towns lol.

Chopper

This game has some of the poorest designed mechanics in gaming. I'm about done...

I been trying to get the stupid qr code thing for my town, so I can start importing paths. And you have to talk to dang mabel TEN DAYSS consecutively I guess... TEN DAYS!!!! I did it for 7 days and she was really talkative but I guess I missed yesterday??? She is back to "....." To me now. I have to do this another 10 days straight?

You're gonna hate unlocking mannequins.

Chaos17

Seriously, no need to rush in this game.

Seriously, no need to rush in this game.
Gah, I was annoyed.

But it's not rushing... 10 days in a row. If you miss one you have to start over. That is a commitment to play every single day and for something that is actually important to get. Maybe 4 days?

I wish they had like a "vacation mode" where your characrer can go on a "vacation" and you put Isabelle on charge. Basically like a town pause button where you can set the amount of days you will be gone (up to a month) and your town will preserve up to that time (no weeds, people leaving ect). I feel guilty not playing every day and sometimes I want to have a life or play another game...

Velcro Fly

I have enough gold ore to make a complete chess set of gold pieces. I really feel the need to make my house as obnoxious as possible for people I streetpass.

If anyone has a knight for me to catalog I'd be eternally grateful!

I have enough gold ore to make a complete chess set of gold pieces. I really feel the need to make my house as obnoxious as possible for people I streetpass.

If anyone has a knight for me to catalog I'd be eternally grateful!
I ordered it for you so I'll get it sometime this evening. :) I'll just PM you when I grab it.

Speaking of, Zing, I have those items you wanted last week. If you still want them, let me know. Otherwise I'll probably just gift them to my villagers.

SuperSah

Banned
Hey guys! We all love Animal Crossing here and was wondering who's picking up Fantasy Life when it releases Sept 26th (Oct 24 for US)?

If I'm right, it's a sim/RPG?

FryHole

Hey guys! We all love Animal Crossing here and was wondering who's picking up Fantasy Life when it releases Sept 26th (Oct 24 for US)?

I've only recently begun to play Animal Crossing thanks to Chopper's amazing thread about saying goodbye to the game (more accurately I should say I've recently begun to play it when I can pry it out of my gf's hands - she actually had to buy a 3DS of her own because I couldn't get a look in, then she stole my AC cart because "I like this town and our neighbours")

Anyway - it was my first experience with this type of life sim game, but I love it enough that I've got Fantasy Life on pre-order.

Niraj

Thanks for reminding us North American plebs that we get it a month later :(

Think of it kind of like Rune Factory sans farming plus classes/jobs. There's a lot of item gathering, crafting, exploring, and leveling up from what I've seen. There is a story, and apparently you can finish it without fighting enemies yourself, if that's your bag.

Linius

Is it also as social as Animal Crossing? Like visiting each other and do missions together or something like that? It sure looks fun.

Linius

Hmmm, I'm tempted. Already bought Smash a few days ago. Need to watch my money a bit.

Gonna wait for some reviews and western gameplay footage I think.

You guys gonna pick up smash btw? Would be fun to play with the Crossing community. Do a tournament or something.

Got FL pre-ordered, I'll definitely be up for teaming-up!
Gonna start with a mundane job though, either a woodcutter or fisherman so not sure how this will affect multi initially...

Velcro Fly

For sure getting Fantasy Life. Just seems one of those games where I can play forever because of all the jobs and all the leveling of things. I know there's DLC too so I'm probably going to be a whore about that. The one island thing is DLC and there's also items that make things less tedious. I can't wait.

I ordered it for you so I'll get it sometime this evening. :) I'll just PM you when I grab it.

Speaking of, Zing, I have those items you wanted last week. If you still want them, let me know. Otherwise I'll probably just gift them to my villagers.

Oh thank you :)

Niraj

Hmmm, I'm tempted. Already bought Smash a few days ago. Need to watch my money a bit.

You guys gonna pick up smash btw? Would be fun to play with the Crossing community. Do a tournament or something.

Yeah, have the 3DS one preordered and have eShop money set aside for the Wii U one.

Got FL pre-ordered, I'll definitely be up for teaming-up!
Gonna start with a mundane job though, either a woodcutter or fisherman so not sure how this will affect multi initially...

I'm looking forward to angler too :p

MicH

I think I'm gonna start with a mundane class too. Not sure which, though.

I'll definitely be getting Smash too (both version). This fall is extremely busy for me - I have had to skip the new Theatrhythm! Fantasy Life in a few weeks, then Smash 3DS, Bayonetta 2 and Pokemon OR/AS. I don't have tine got all this :(

Linius

It's pretty quiet for me. Don't have a next gen console yet so that's why I'm trying to stop spending so much money. Want a PS4 early 2015 when the good games come in.

Other than that it's only Smash (already paid), FIFA 15 on PC and Pokémon OR or AS. And maybe Fantasy Life then, thanks a lot for mentioning this game :(

Velcro Fly

Smash, Fantasy Life, both Pokemon games and Persona Q. Plus I'm probably buying a Wii U for Smash Wii U in a couple months. I still need to finish a few games like Kirby, Bravely Default and I still play AC every day. Also have the weekly Mario Golf tournaments. I work in a school so I get plenty of time off to play games. But my 3DS is going to be super busy the next few months.

Also Ulitmate NES Remix looks really damn good on the 3DS too. Hahaha I might buy six 3DS games in a two months span =/

SuperSah

Banned

I have contributed over 5k posts across all Smash OTs and play the shit out of the demo.

/yes/

The 10 days actually worked... Nevermind.

But I am really confused. I see all these towns with cool patterns, but it seems like you HAVE to keep that pattern in your designs at all time to use it... Is that true?

Linius

The 10 days actually worked... Nevermind.

But I am really confused. I see all these towns with cool patterns, but it seems like you HAVE to keep that pattern in your designs at all time to use it... Is that true?

That's true. One solution to that is to create an alt and have that alt carry the designs so you can still use the slots on your main char for other things.

Fireblend

Banned
Fantasy Life sounds right up my alley, but with Smash, Bayonetta, Layton X Ace Attorney and Danganronpa 2 in my to-play list, I have no idea if I'll ever get the chance to play it =/

Elija2

I'm not sure if I'll be getting Fantasy Life. It sounds like a game that I'd really enjoy, but I'm already buying Smash that month. Plus the whole Day-1 DLC thing kinda rubs me the wrong way.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
So playing this game everyday was kind of tough given, well, life happens. Busy work schedule and all that makes it hard to always play the game, then I start feeling bad because I skipped a day or two. That then can some time further lead me to not play the game further because I figured I already missed a few days so things probably went downhill for the town already and I don't want to see it. Now it has been a few months since I played the game. Should I be scared to start the game backup? Will everybody be gone from my town? Will all my flowers be dead? Is there an option of something in the game to allow me to preserve the town?

I am scared :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been slowly playing through Xenoblade to finally beat it (I started it before the Wii U was even out). Since its mostly been the quest that I've spent most of the time doing (I'm sure I could have beaten the game long ago if I had just ignored them) I think I will not be jumping into a game that is basically all quests.

Linius

What's up with that day-1 DLC? Don't think I've read about that yet.

Also found out a buddy of mine apparently already has it, on his Japanse 3DS of course. He's having a lot of fun with it and the changing jobs (or classes if you will) is supposed to be really fluent and fast.

FryHole

What's up with that day-1 DLC? Don't think I've read about that yet.

Also found out a buddy of mine apparently already has it, on his Japanse 3DS of course. He's having a lot of fun with it and the changing jobs (or classes if you will) is supposed to be really fluent and fast.

Details here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=885468

Basically the original version of the game got an upgrade in Japan with online multiplayer and extra content. It was available as a standalone game and as paid DLC for people who already had the game. The version we're getting includes the online multiplayer, but not the DLC, which will be available at release. We don't know how much for yet, I believe.

So playing this game everyday was kind of tough given, well, life happens. Busy work schedule and all that makes it hard to always play the game, then I start feeling bad because I skipped a day or two. That then can some time further lead me to not play the game further because I figured I already missed a few days so things probably went downhill for the town already and I don't want to see it. Now it has been a few months since I played the game. Should I be scared to start the game backup? Will everybody be gone from my town? Will all my flowers be dead? Is there an option of something in the game to allow me to preserve the town?

I am scared :(
Ah, I say go for it. Play it on your terms; set your own goals. Sure someone might have moved (it won't be all of them) and if you didn't have the beautiful town ordinance set up, you will have dead flowers and weeds, but really... it's easy to catch up on. Once a villager yells at you once, they won't remember it again after that. I think Isabelle pays Brewster to add a little something extra to their drinks.

After a scare with my 3DS not turning on (reseating the battery has seemed to fix it?) I decided to restart my town since I haven't played in a long time.

Is there anyone who would be up for letting me catalog some furniture sets/items (mainly looking for the modern and sleek sets) or sharing some non-native fruit?

Oh snap. I just noticed Zing was banned. Ummm... if you're reading this, I'm gonna leave my town open with those items you wanted in front of the station. Feel free to pop by and pick them up. I'll be playing FFXIV though so I probably won't be able to respond.

Anyone has good turnip prices tonight? Most trade/turnip forums have become kinda slow lol :(
Not on a Monday. Really rare I see anyone have a great price right away. I was 94/90. Some of us still check though.
After a scare with my 3DS not turning on (reseating the battery has seemed to fix it?) I decided to restart my town since I haven't played in a long time.

Is there anyone who would be up for letting me catalog some furniture sets/items (mainly looking for the modern and sleek sets) or sharing some non-native fruit?
I can open up tomorrow if you wanna grab some fruit. Do you have any of the modern or sleek or do you need all of it?

Ankha is now a member of the town!

Oddly enough, I've been having matching villagers just like Niraj...

What a horrible mayor to send out these poor villagers. =D

May all of you be at peace, and don't forget to save before quitting.
Oh shit, I actually did this yesterday for the first time in AGES. Okay, maybe it's only been a year. But I got Resetti and did a double blink. I blame the heat. It's making me do silly things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom