• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I'm caught up on stuff. Keeping track of my nip prices and Hip Hop, if you still need that Modern furniture ordered, let me know.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Ugh, closed out of AC with the power button before I realized I never saved and quit earlier -_- thankfully I remembered where my fossils were and only had Muffy awake, so no chores. Dumb though. At least I don't have to think about what to do with a second wheat bundle now I guess.

zigg

…huh, I thought, "oh I should do that," then didn't, and now it's Wednesday. It's not like I didn't play 3DS, I actually played a little Gunvolt 😒

Niraj

…huh, I thought, "oh I should do that," then didn't, and now it's Wednesday. It's not like I didn't play 3DS, I actually played a little Gunvolt 😒

What have you done?!

I have a perfect painting at Redd's if anyone needs it.

Zing

Banned
Turnip price is 455 bells. I'll be able to open gates in about six hours or so when I return home. Let me know if you want in. I accept tips. :)

A lovely sofa, cabin dresser, green dresser, green desk, or kiddie wall would also be appreciated. :)

Turnip price is 455 bells. I'll be able to open gates in about six hours or so when I return home. Let me know if you want in. I accept tips. :)

A lovely sofa, cabin dresser, green dresser, green desk, or kiddie wall would also be appreciated. :)
Doh! Figures... I sold to a friend's town last night for 385. Been keeping an eye on my nip prices anyways in case something good came up but I think you'll beat anyone this week with that price.

I'll order those furniture pieces for you though and drop them off when you open later. :)

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
If I want to take an extended break from Animal Crossing (I want to play Layton vs. Phoenix Wright) but don't want to worry about losing one of my dream villagers when I return to the game a few weeks later, is there a sure-fire way to do that? Like, can I wait until someone I don't like (Al) to have a rumor pop up that he's leaving, ignore the 5 days you have to change his mind (or speak to him and say "yes" that you want him gone), and the next time I return to the game weeks later he will have left with no other villagers being flagged with a rumor that they are thinking of leaving? Or can multiple villagers leave if you take a long break?

Niraj

If I want to take an extended break from Animal Crossing (I want to play Layton vs. Phoenix Wright) but don't want to worry about losing one of my dream villagers when I return to the game a few weeks later, is there a sure-fire way to do that? Like, can I wait until someone I don't like (Al) to have a rumor pop up that he's leaving, ignore the 5 days you have to change his mind (or speak to him and say "yes" that you want him gone), and the next time I return to the game weeks later he will have left with no other villagers being flagged with a rumor that they are thinking of leaving? Or can multiple villagers leave if you take a long break?

All you need to do is stop any villager from moving and then don't play after that. Nobody else will move in the interim.

Frogstep

I love that final smash. That'd actually be a pretty cool feature to add in next games. Have new rooms that you add to your home come furbished either with random stuff or stuff you have in your catalog. Just to give players some ideas for room themes.

You still available for this? I'd like to off load the 400 or so turnips I bought. I'm still relatively broke.

Zing

Banned
You still available for this? I'd like to off load the 400 or so turnips I bought. I'm still relatively broke.
I'm about to play right now. You didn't mention your friend code and I can't add you while gates are open, so if you give friend code within the next 10 minutes I can add you.

I'm about to play right now. You didn't mention your friend code and I can't add you while gates are open, so if you give friend code within the next 10 minutes I can add you.

Oops....3668-9373-5356.....still available? Nvm, added you.Edit: I'm too late it seems. oh well.

zigg

Anyone have a good price for turnips? Looks like I'm on a decreasing pattern.
Give up the false unpredictable gods of the turnips and join the church of planting your town stuffed full of perfect fruit. >400k bells per inventory-full!*

* not valid in your own town

lol hopefully he didn't go to sleep :/
Nah, I finally found him eyeing the campsite. Not sure why he would bother, he lives here.

Schmitty

Give up the false unpredictable gods of the turnips and join the church of planting your town stuffed full of perfect fruit. >400k bells per inventory-full!*

* not valid in your own town

Nah, I finally found him eyeing the campsite. Not sure why he would bother, he lives here.

Wait, there is such thing as perfect fruit?

Velcro Fly

Chess pieces made over with gold ore look so good. Maybe even better than the gold furniture. My upstairs room is the gold room and it's going to be ridiculous!

Wolfe

The last time I played this game was June 8th, which was in game time and in reality was prolly some time in July.

What to do what to do.

Chess pieces made over with gold ore look so good. Maybe even better than the gold furniture. My upstairs room is the gold room and it's going to be ridiculous!
I didn't even realize you could gold plate those.
The last time I played this game was June 8th, which was in game time and in reality was prolly some time in July.

What to do what to do.
Commit or stay the fuck out of town until you can. ;)

What to do what to do.

tumblr_moyzvxekre1qzp9weo3_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mpnm44fmIa1qz4rgp.gif

Zing

Banned
I had been saving my silver for use with chess pieces, but apparently they can only be gilded. I have so much gold lying around. I used some on my piggy bank. My daughter discovered that "using" the piggy bank actually deducts a bell from your pockets. I haven't verified if it goes into your bank account.

Each piggy bank interaction results in a direct deposit of one million bells into Tom Nook's off-shore bank accounts in the Cayman Islands.

It's just a sound effect. Tom Nook probably doesn't have off-shore bank accounts.

Zing

Banned
As I said, it isn't just a sound effect. You actually lose a bell from your pockets. I'll check tonight if it just transfers to your bank account or disappears.

Niraj

As I said, it isn't just a sound effect. You actually lose a bell from your pockets. I'll check tonight if it just transfers to your bank account or disappears.

It just disappears.

Edit: I have a warm painting if anybody needs it.

They posted a sample of everyone's favourite island ferrying sailor's song on the Smash site.

Kapp'n's Song
Haha! That's awesome!

Oh Zing, I have those items you were looking for yesterday. Let me know when you would like me to drop them off.

Nips are still roller coasting on my end. I'll still keep an eye on them though. I do have a special on furniture today though so if anyone has any extra higher selling pieces they wanna unload, let me know and I'll open up.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
All you need to do is stop any villager from moving and then don't play after that. Nobody else will move in the interim.

ok can I just ask a quick follow-up question? I just wanna make sure I did this right....
I think I finally managed to get this done, today I got a rumor that Merry was thinking of leaving, I went and stood in front of her and it flagged her to come talk to me. She said she was thinking of leaving, I said "don't go" and she said ok, she'll stay. I didn't talk to her or anyone after that or do anything else, I immediately saved and quit. So now I'm ok to take out my cartridge and play other games, and they next time I go back to Animal Crossing, all my villagers will still be there even if it's months later, right? Thank you in advance! :)

Fireblend

Banned
Been playing this on and off yet again and I really gotta set a reminder for Saturday to get some turnips because I'm damn broke :p

On the bright side, Baabara just moved in and she has a pretty cool design so yay!

Niraj

ok can I just ask a quick follow-up question? I just wanna make sure I did this right....
I think I finally managed to get this done, today I got a rumor that Merry was thinking of leaving, I went and stood in front of her and it flagged her to come talk to me. She said she was thinking of leaving, I said "don't go" and she said ok, she'll stay. I didn't talk to her or anyone after that or do anything else, I immediately saved and quit. So now I'm ok to take out my cartridge and play other games, and they next time I go back to Animal Crossing, all my villagers will still be there even if it's months later, right? Thank you in advance! :)

Yup, that's all you need to do.

Edit: Something that was pointed out to me by bluepolicebox is that when you come back from playing, you'll have to talk to all of your villagers, since they won't ping if you ignore them for a week or so. Make sure to do that so you don't lose somebody you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom