• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

I have set A. Would like to visit another with set A so I don't have to keep resetting to get the last few pieces of furniture I need =/

every first fucking bug i give is over 100 points. god fucking damn this shit i hate it. at least fish i can keep a record of my fish and keep track of it in my inventory but bugs it's just random.

Azuran

Banned
I have set A. Would like to visit another with set A so I don't have to keep resetting to get the last few pieces of furniture I need =/

every first fucking bug i give is over 100 points. god fucking damn this shit i hate it. at least fish i can keep a record of my fish and keep track of it in my inventory but bugs it's just random.

That's because Nat is a jerk with no standards. Giant stags are the beetles that are barely worth 90 from what I just found out today

Alright, I'll open up now.

Yay! Thanks for the help. I greatly appreciated it :)

btw, I have to tell you that Nat is a troll. He gave 6 beetle chairs before I got the last piece from that set. I think he was trying to tell me something after giving him all those beetles lol

Elija2

btw, I have to tell you that Nat is a troll. He gave 6 beetle chairs before I got the last piece from that set. I think he was trying to tell me something after giving him all those beetles lol

He must have gotten tired of eating beetles and started skinning them into furniture.

Azuran

Banned
Well, I had a very productive day :)

Perfect town at last:
HnIc7qy.jpg

VU7Q44z.jpg

3B41xg9.jpg

Found this little guy outside:
cnDcvXR.jpg

First gold badge:
fK0uxhR.jpg

Continued my domination over my villagers:
A1Yv8NT.jpg

And completed the bug series thanks to GAF <3
ZTYYW9U.jpg

Yay!

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Can't wait for the next season to come up... I need to keep complete my bugs/fish/underwater catalog !

Frogstep

Seems like my frogs are not ok with the ordinance change cause now all of a sudden I'm getting move requests like mad crazy. Something's up, yo! D:

Insaniac

Is the Museum "Rope Partition" Item orderable via catalogue? If so, can someone please lend me one so I can get it in my catalogue? PM me if you can help out, thanks :D

Also, Ankha's Birthday, yay! Trying to get bob and punchy to show up in her house :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Is the Museum "Rope Partition" Item orderable via catalogue? If so, can someone please lend me one so I can get it in my catalogue? PM me if you can help out, thanks :D

Also, Ankha's Birthday, yay! Trying to get bob and punchy to show up in her house :)

Should be, I'll double check tomorrow. Worst case, I'll try to see if it pops up on my second floor.

This cracked me up. She looks so accusatory:

zlCfzSeCH9wcDY7bVn
That's so Ankha.
Seems like my frogs are not ok with the ordinance change cause now all of a sudden I'm getting move requests like mad crazy. Something's up, yo! D:
Maybe they can sense it's getting closer to pond freezing season.
Kabuki came up with zen streetlights yesterday. Such a nice fella that Kabuki.
I still need that one but all my requests stopped and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm full on PWP. As in I can't build any more without tearing one down. :/

So in my sloppy playing lately, this morning I woke up to find Boomer in boxes. :( If anyone would like to give him a loving home, let me know.

So in my sloppy playing lately, this morning I woke up to find Boomer in boxes. :( If anyone would like to give him a loving home, let me know.

:( Hopefully they take the mass complaints to heart the next time around and introduce a slightly less subtle message system when your livestock is thinking of skipping town.

OMG! I did miss that!! When might you be on, Threads?

Edit: I'll "pause" my time till you can find a time to pick him up.

I ended up falling asleep not too long after I posted, sorry.

I don't know how the time freezing thing works but if it is still that way I can pick up later today? If not it's okay.

I ended up falling asleep not too long after I posted, sorry.

I don't know how the time freezing thing works but if it is still that way I can pick up later today? If not it's okay.
I could open now if you're around. I really just set my time back to a point after my last save that isn't now (in this case, I'll probably make it 7:30 pst).

I could open now if you're around. I really just set my time back to a point after my last save that isn't now (in this case, I'll probably make it 7:30 pst).

I can head over now if that works. i'll watch for open gates.

edit: Katie is in my town so I'm going to bring her with me. Hopefully that's okay.

Yay! Boomer has found a new home!!! :D Thanks again for grabbing him, Threads!

No problem!

---

If anyone wants a sloppy closet I came across one in my Re-Tail for like 300 bells from another villager. I'm not a fan and just wanted it in my catalog so I'm trying to get rid of it. I don't really want anything in return so if anyone is interested just let me know and I can drop it off or you can pick it up.

Linius

Some screenshots since coming back.

iCYRlET3VQjXd.JPG
i1O4JzyTXN4OK.JPG

At first I got back to my town in july and Henry wasn't too happy with me. It also meant the arrival of Goldie. She's Julians replacement. Pretty cool doge.

ilapM1d7FNV9p.JPG

Then I decided to log back on the day before yesterday. Whilst casually strolling around and working on my perfect pear orchard Kabuki came up to me for Zen Streetlights. Now I'm missing two PWPs from Cranky villagers (bridge and bench). I still don't have anything from Peppy and only two from normal. So plenty of work there.

ibr8IwM7VdVTf1.JPG
ibjge8H6AlNh4m.JPG

Then I remembered the King Salmon should be around in september and I missed it last year after hours of looking for it. So yesterday I decided to play a little again and I finally caught one. Leaving me with only one empty spot now: the Blowfish who will appear starting november.

Also realised I missed the chance for my golden net because the bug tourneys won't return until june next year :/

Also realised I missed the chance for my golden net because the bug tourneys won't return until june next year :/
Awww! You got Goldie! I hung onto her for a long time. She's a very sweet puppy.

And yeah, no golden net for me. Still no scorpion. So I'll never have that and I won't have my museum. I don't want to tear down all my flowers for it hoping I'd see one either. At least you grabbed the salmon though!

Niraj

Awww! You got Goldie! I hung onto her for a long time. She's a very sweet puppy.

And yeah, no golden net for me. Still no scorpion. So I'll never have that and I won't have my museum. I don't want to tear down all my flowers for it hoping I'd see one either. At least you grabbed the salmon though!

Is your beach full? You could always move your flowers down there temporarily.

Is your beach full? You could always move your flowers down there temporarily.
No, I just have some palms down there and that's it. I honestly tried clearing an area where I remember seeing spawning happen last year and nothing so I'm just done with trying. I think I'm always going to be mildly annoyed but it hasn't killed the game for me. The last two things I want to do before I stop checking everyday is my 100 million bank account and I want my whole sloppy set.

On that note, I still need:
chair
lamp
sofa
table

I have extras of these to trade:
clock
closet
bed
dresser
radio

yayaba

So when the HHA guy says there's 11 in each "theme", does that mean for the modern set there's 11 pieces of furniture for it (chair, desk, wallpaper, carpet, etc.) and does that follow for every other theme? (wood, space, fruit).

Is there an almanac or something I can access anywhere?

So when the HHA guy says there's 11 in each "theme", does that mean for the modern set there's 11 pieces of furniture for it (chair, desk, wallpaper, carpet, etc.) and does that follow for every other theme? (wood, space, fruit).

Is there an almanac or something I can access anywhere?

For a furniture series, there are 11 pieces and having all of them in a room will give you a big point bonus. There are smaller groups of furniture referred to as sets and themes. If these belong to the theme you've registered with Lyle, they'll count for points too. You can see a breakdown of what belongs to which category at MoriDB.com. Mori also gives the HHA theme of each item.

piggychan

Then I remembered the King Salmon should be around in september and I missed it last year after hours of looking for it. So yesterday I decided to play a little again and I finally caught one. Leaving me with only one empty spot now: the Blowfish who will appear starting november.

I have never caught a king salmon either.. it never shows up..

mantidor

So it finally happened, my storage has become too small for my gyroids, and they are an absolute mess. Does anyone has any suggestions for gyroid organization? is it even worth it?

Velcro Fly

I got my Libra Scales today.

Feel like my daily gameplay is coming to an end soon though. Once I get my gold fishing pole and 100% my museum it's going to be hard to keep playing.

Niraj

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
*tries to catch king salmon*
*catches 7 dorado and 3 arapaima*

my wallet can handle this "disappointment"

My museum is complete. I've spent days and nights agonizing over how my Gyroid exhibit was going to look. I ended up just capitalising on the facilities available to me, largely because I simply don't have the storage space for the unorderable museum wallpaper and floor!

Otherwise, it's been a pretty traumatic time for Buckland. Tammy's departure, and Ribbot's subsequent moving-in, has rocked the usually placid town to its core. Including Tammy, I've only ever had three villagers leave, since launch. And each time it has been a major event, as it involves some serious resetting to ensure that the new resident's house doesn't completely fuck with the town layout I've had instilled since very, very early on.

I think I have managed to squeeze in another PWP as well as an extra path that will open up Buckland in a previously unimaginable way. Sadly I'm 24 hours behind on my planning thanks to Isabelle insisting that standing out on the Plaza all day yesterday was more important than doing my bidding. Still, exciting times.

I miss Chopper updates.

I'm curious. How many of you Save and Quit everytime you are done playing opposed to just shutting the 3DS? I'm worried things get screwed up if I don't quit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom