• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
By the way, if any of you have friends who were interested in this, it's on sale on the eShop for the next week for $19.99 in the US and $24.99 in Canada.

No access to museums in dream towns :(
Shit... I forgot about that. :( I think I mixed it up in my brain with the time I had been there before with the last visit I did was via the dream. :/
Thanks, Niraj.
I missed the spike in my stalk market! Why did I invest all 600k? Why?
This morning is 168 for me and I'm expecting a large spike this afternoon. Will keep ya posted.

Josh5890

When is the best time to catch a scorpion? I running all over town all night but I only found one once and it KO'd me. I'm almost out of time for a scorpion and a king salmon.

Azuran

Banned
By the way, if any of you have friends who were interested in this, it's on sale on the eShop for the next week for $19.99 in the US and $24.99 in Canada.

So tempted to get it on digital even thought I carry my physical copy with me at all times.

SuperSah

Banned
Massive bummer this. Makes the idea completely pointless since no one will visit your custom exhibits (like my balloon dog show) and it's no wonder most just used it as a dump.

It's the best dumping system in the game.

I just lob my shit in there whenever I feel.

Linius

When is the best time to catch a scorpion? I running all over town all night but I only found one once and it KO'd me. I'm almost out of time for a scorpion and a king salmon.

Walking around town during the hours the scorpion is active is really all you can do. Oh and have open spaces for the scorpion to appear in. Don't have your town filled up with flowers, bushes and trees.

Linius

Oh btw, I still have like a massive amount of perfect pears I want to sell. So if anyone still checks in at re-tail and lives in a non pear town I'd be happy to know if your re-tail got perfect pears on bonus :)

So 448 is my nip price today. If you're interested in coming over, let me know.

Ivan, I don't remember if I have your FC. Let me know what it is and I'll make sure I have you added before I open up.

MicH

Wow, that's a good price :)

Makes me think about the first few months I'd sell for 500+ prices only. How demanding we were :p
I remember having my gate open for like 11 hours when I got a price of 600+. That was insane and I think it was the first high turnip price on GAF

Linius

I remember having my gate open for like 11 hours when I got a price of 600+. That was insane and I think it was the first high turnip price on GAF

Yeah, at the very beginning. I remember, I sold at your town too. And everyone was dumping bags of 99K at your station as a tip. You were a millionaire almost right away thanks to that event :p

MicH

Yeah, at the very beginning. I remember, I sold at your town too. And everyone was dumping bags of 99K at your station as a tip. You were a millionaire almost right away thanks to that event :p
Haha yeah, that's true. I got so much stuff from that day! The worst part was that I didn't even buy turnips myself that week :lol

Linius

I think I'll pop in quickly as well to see if my internet connection finally knows how to deal with the 3DS. I already managed to play some MK7 with strangers a few days ago. It's making progress.

EDIT

Think you deleted me, you're not showing up as online. At least I searched for towns that are open with no errors. All positives.

I think I'll pop in quickly as well to see if my internet connection finally knows how to deal with the 3DS. I already managed to play some MK7 with strangers a few days ago. It's making progress.

EDIT

Think you deleted me, you're not showing up as online. At least I searched for towns that are open with no errors. All positives.
Doh! I might have. Hold on and I'll read you.

Edit: There we go. All set. :)

Linius

Thanks again for letting me in. This was my easiest multiplayer visit ever on a normal swift internet connection.

I'm ready for the upcoming games now :D

Thanks again for letting me in. This was my easiest multiplayer visit ever on a normal swift internet connection.

I'm ready for the upcoming games now :D
Yay! Very welcome! Sorry I wasn't too chatty - distracted with work n'all.

I closed my town for now so if anyone else needs anything, I'll periodically check back and reopen if needed.

Elija2

I have some stuff to give away if anyone wants them:

golden carpet
golden wall
golden bench
golden closet
golden man
golden screen
golden clock

Tia's pic
Curly's pic
Tammy's pic
Deirdre's pic
Hans' pic

closed road
classroom floor
sporty floor
desert vista
western vista
western desert
chain-link fence
lunar surface
mossy carpet
skyscraper wall
tatami

picnic basket
tweeter
bubble wand
wheat bundle

I'm gonna be selling a bunch of this stuff to Re-Tail if nobody takes them because I'm seriously running out of room in my storage.

Linius

Too bad my spreadsheet went forever lost when my laptop crashed earlier this year. Not that I'm really hunting to collect everything still.

Though I'd like to get that golden catalogue badge at some point. I can't be that far away from it anymore I imagine.

Elija2

I managed to get Apple's picture today. Now all I need to do is wait for her to move out so I can repair the path that she selfishly destroyed with her house.

Pate's moving into my town...

Pate_NewLeaf_Official.png

FUCK.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Only 2 days back and I remember why I stopped playing. Such a soul-crushingly slow pace.

Only 2 days back and I remember why I stopped playing. Such a soul-crushingly slow pace.
It doesn't seem as bad when you have other people going through it at the same time... but yeah, I know I've warned people about that in the past if I knew their preferred play style. :/

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I've only recently gotten this game. So I'm a few months into the game. Playing it slowly, of course. I'd love to be able to play with more GAFers but I don't think this community is active anymore :( Guess I'm really late to the party !

Niraj

I've only recently gotten this game. So I'm a few months into the game. Playing it slowly, of course. I'd love to be able to play with more GAFers but I don't think this community is active anymore :( Guess I'm really late to the party !

There's still a handful of us :p if you ever need any items ordered or want to visit or whatever, let us know :)

Velcro Fly

Is there any cool walls/carpets that would go with a Zodiac theme? Thinking about a room with the monthly DLC zodiac furniture in it. Also any fortune teller or astrology like furniture would be good too. Finally a room I could make that wouldn't be completely awful for people streetpassing me and not being able to order furniture!

Linius

Please newcomers, do post if you need stuff or want help with things. Even though the game is on the market for so long now I'm still coming back to it.

But I do think indeed it's the most fun to play it from release with a big group together. Considering the pace of the game.

Dice

I got a terrible description for king salmon behavior, so I had been fishing in the river for them for 2 days. Then I saw them in the waterfall at the base of the river....

Anyway, I really need some art so I can get museum upgrades rolling. I can't believe how ridiculously uncommon the art seller is. My other sections of the museum are nearly complete.

I also made a terrible decision and let Boomer and Amelia call me "chap" which they use incorrectly and way too often. Now I just have to wait it out until they want to say something different...

Linius

I got a terrible description for king salmon behavior, so I had been fishing in the river for them for 2 days. Then I saw them in the waterfall at the base of the river....

Anyway, I really need some art so I can get museum upgrades rolling. I can't believe how ridiculously uncommon the art seller is. My other sections of the museum are nearly complete.

I also made a terrible decision and let Boomer and Amelia call me "chap" which they use incorrectly and way too often. Now I just have to wait it out until they want to say something different...

You have no art at all you're saying? Because I can check if I got some spare legit piece of art for you.

I need to check my museum to see if I still need art myself. I thought I was near completion.

Dice

Yes, I've only seen that little shit 3 times and he sold me bogus art each time. It's completely ridiculous and busted. I'm surprised Nintendo even released it like this.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep for now.

Linius

Yes, I've only seen that little shit 3 times and he sold me bogus art each time. It's completely ridiculous and busted. I'm surprised Nintendo even released it like this.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep for now.

You should read the OP man. There's a whole section about art right at the beginning. There's an art trick in which you can get villagers to sell you art. And also a link to the forgery guide. Redd has always been a little fraud :p

Velcro Fly

I still have quite a few pieces of legit art I'd be willing to give away since I don't need them anymore. They are taking up space and I can't seem to just vendor them. I'll make a list of what I have later on if you are interested.

Niraj

I have legit jolly and moody paintings at Redd's today. Also have a warm and solemn painting anyone can have. I'll be around for the next hour, otherwise it'll have to be later.

NetMapel

Me me!!! I need to buy all the art I can get. That side of my museum is so barren haha.

My FC is 1134-8547-7902 so please add me!

Frogstep

I'm still play everyday, I just now sometimes forget to check the thread. ;(

I've got some art in my Re-Tail or storage that you can take a look at and see if you need?

Frogstep

I added you to my friend list but you aren't showing up in my Animal Crossing list. Weird!

Oh I thought you were opening up, lol. If you wanna open up your gates I can drop these off. It'll also help get your visitor count up and get you closer to being able to remodel your train station.

NetMapel

Oh I thought you were opening up, lol. If you wanna open up your gates I can drop these off. It'll also help get your visitor count up and get you closer to being able to remodel your train station.
Opened now! Didn't know I can upgrade my train station too haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom