• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not so much that no one's playing as it is no one's really talking much. We don't have as many milestones to report as we used to. (Though I was pretty giddy to finally find my last pair of socks a few days ago.) I'd love to hear what new players are up to. Let us know what you guys like about the game, share some pictures, ask for stuff to catalog, etc..

Despite having to play catchup a few times due to a broken 3DS, I'm back to playing everyday. I still check in with the prisoners villagers and putter around in the flowers and houses.

A ton of bugs and fish are going out of season at the end of September, so double check your encyclopedias and museum submissions to make sure you have everything caught and Blathered.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Other people make it seem so easy but I have no idea how to get my town rolling. Progression is like working minimum wage.

Linius

Other people make it seem so easy but I have no idea how to get my town rolling. Progression is like working minimum wage.

Tell me what you're struggling with? Maybe we can help.

And be sure to read the OP because there are some handy guides in there.

Velcro Fly

the first few days are tough. and the first few weeks before you start getting your nook's upgraded is rough. a lot of the people posting have been playing for over a year so don't sweat it. if you need anything there's always people around to help. as long as you are having fun there's no shame in playing at the game's pace. i've found that limiting myself in the early going has kept many parts of the game fresh to me.

Dice

the first few days are tough. and the first few weeks before you start getting your nook's upgraded is rough. a lot of the people posting have been playing for over a year so don't sweat it.
I am not new, I just have no idea how to make the game open up to me. Activity log says I have played 75 hours over 67 sessions and the T.I.Y. upgrade just opened yesterday. My town is mostly barren. I have "had fun" only really in fishing and bug-catching since everything else moves at a geological pace.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Me me!!! I need to buy all the art I can get. That side of my museum is so barren haha.

My FC is 1134-8547-7902 so please add me!

Hey, I just got home. I'll add you, mine is 2836-0258-6594. Let me know if you can come sometime tonight, otherwise I'll get somebody else to order one of the paintings for you and get them all to you tomorrow or some other time.

Edit: I bought the jolly painting and had bluepolicebox buy the moody painting. I can get them to you tomorrow or whenever you'd like.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Hey, I just got home. I'll add you, mine is 2836-0258-6594. Let me know if you can come sometime tonight, otherwise I'll get somebody else to order one of the paintings for you and get them all to you tomorrow or some other time.

Edit: I bought the jolly painting and had bluepolicebox buy the moody painting. I can get them to you tomorrow or whenever you'd like.
Ah I just got home. I will love to have a chance to get those items tomorrow from you! Probably after work hours 6PST? Thank you, by the way.

yayaba

I totally would like some art. I only have gotten two legit paintings and Redd has sold me almost 10 fakes. My wife only has 1 legit and she's gotten sold about 5 fakes.

I'm also on the lookout to collect the rest of the perfect fruit that my wife and I didn't start with. Anyone have any spare perfect pears, peaches, or oranges that I can buy off them or be willing to part with? :)

My friend code is 2466-3730-3663 (ID is julander). Let me know if you can help and I'll add you back!

yayaba

I've only recently gotten this game. So I'm a few months into the game. Playing it slowly, of course. I'd love to be able to play with more GAFers but I don't think this community is active anymore :( Guess I'm really late to the party !

Added you onto my friends list since I haven't been playing that long either and I pretty much play daily. I figure we can get a small community of LTTP'ers playing :)

Only got this game a month ago so I still check the thread regularly. Though I like reddit for the Turnip trading. I'd be poor if it wasn't for that.

Niraj

Ah I just got home. I will love to have a chance to get those items tomorrow from you! Probably after work hours 6PST? Thank you, by the way.

Yeah that's fine. If it turns out Frogstep gave you any of the same ones I was going to give you, maybe we could pass them on to yayaba.

Elija2

Apparently Phineas is in my town but he isn't showing up because Katie is also here. Does anyone mind opening up for a short visit?

piggychan

I totally would like some art. I only have gotten two legit paintings and Redd has sold me almost 10 fakes. My wife only has 1 legit and she's gotten sold about 5 fakes.

I'm also on the lookout to collect the rest of the perfect fruit that my wife and I didn't start with. Anyone have any spare perfect pears, peaches, or oranges that I can buy off them or be willing to part with? :)

My friend code is 2466-3730-3663 (ID is julander). Let me know if you can help and I'll add you back!

iirc you might need to add more green and red items to the bottom/right side of each of your rooms excluding basement to increase luck so as to reduce getting chances of fakes...

I've got all gold medals now except, weirdly, the gardening one. The only thing I replant are perfect cherry trees so maybe only saplings count. I'll probably re-do my town so it's no big deal.

I took some time to go over clothing I was missing, and it's quite a bit. I'll probably have to ask for help here sometime :p

Missing one PWP (scarecrow), but my uchi villager Cherry won't ever suggest it. Gotta keep trying I guess.

Other than that, there's holidays I haven't seen yet, and finishing decorating my houses. Oh, and getting a peppy villager replacement (ideally Whitney)

Niraj

I've got all gold medals now except, weirdly, the gardening one. The only thing I replant are perfect cherry trees so maybe only saplings count. I'll probably re-do my town so it's no big deal.

I took some time to go over clothing I was missing, and it's quite a bit. I'll probably have to ask for help here sometime :p

Missing one PWP (scarecrow), but my uchi villager Cherry won't ever suggest it. Gotta keep trying I guess.

Other than that, there's holidays I haven't seen yet, and finishing decorating my houses. Oh, and getting a peppy villager replacement (ideally Whitney)

The only badge I need that I think I can realistically get is the gold weeding one. I guess I should be close to the silver streetpass badge, but I don't think I can get the gold any time soon :(

piggychan

my native fruit is orange so I can spare some perfect oranges if you need. I can also spare you a perfect of every fruit if you need one of each. I am UK GMT time and mostly get on during the evenings from 9pm onwards.

NetMapel

Redd is selling a legit moving painting in my town if anyone wants to come buy it.

Will you be available later at roughly 9pm PST ? That's about 5.5 hours from now. Also, my FC is 1134-8547-7902. Anybody playing AC here feel free to add me. Just let me know as well so I can add you back :)

Elija2

Will you be available later at roughly 9pm PST ? That's about 5.5 hours from now. Also, my FC is 1134-8547-7902. Anybody playing AC here feel free to add me. Just let me know as well so I can add you back :)

I'll be around, but I think Redd's shop will be closed by then. Maybe it would be better if I buy it and give it to you tomorrow.

NetMapel

I'll be around, but I think Redd's shop will be closed by then. Maybe it would be better if I buy it and give it to you tomorrow.

That will work for me too. I usually play a bit roughly around the same time on most days... between 9-11pm, I may jump into the game for like, half an hour or so to do maintenance and collect things :p

Elija2

That will work for me too. I usually play a bit roughly around the same time on most days... between 9-11pm, I may jump into the game for like, half an hour or so to do maintenance and collect things :p

Cool. Just let me know when you're available to pick it up tomorrow. I'll most likely be around too.

RPGamer92

Banned
Anyone have advice for getting more bells during the day? My main source of bells is going to Tortimer's Island at night and catching bugs but it would be nice to have a way to get a lot in a similar way during the day.

Niraj

Anyone have advice for getting more bells during the day? My main source of bells is going to Tortimer's Island at night and catching bugs but it would be nice to have a way to get a lot in a similar way during the day.

Turnips or selling perfect fruit in other towns when they're on premium. You could also try to catch fish/bugs that sell for a high price but obviously that's easier at night.

September is almost over:

9915918616_7ac6a65b06_o.png

9915921136_19dfa07c39_o.png

9915888375_ed68a63e64_o.png

9915970654_f056851b62_o.png

NetMapel

Anybody also want to check their turnip price? I bought mine at 92. Just want to breakeven or make some money. Looks like my own town has a down trend this week...

Niraj

Anybody also want to check their turnip price? I bought mine at 92. Just want to breakeven or make some money. Looks like my own town has a down trend this week...

Mine went from 130 to 77 today, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Dice

Mine are going down but wizard says wait it out. I'm on the train for anyone getting high prices. I want to change the clock to better suit my work schedule but I can't with all these turnips ($175k worth).

Also, why do I have so many brown spots in my town? I never run, I pull weeds, dig up fossils, water flowers, etc. Still shit is turning brown. Does it represent the happiness of the community? Because I kind of hate 3 townspeople and am straight up ignoring them until they leave.

Also, I planted a tree on the right and left side of my house with the same distance and space around them. The left one lives, the other dies. Does your house expand to the right or something?

Niraj

Grass will brown eventually just from walking, assuming your walking is raising up a cloud of dust. It's stupid. As far as your house, I think it depends. You could be too close to the river or a cliff or something else.

Jacques sold me a flowery painting and Redd has a common painting if anyone needs either/both.

So here's where I'm at...
Data: 133, 123, 136
Pattern(s) detected: Large Spike, Small Spike
Best Guess Sell Time: Wednesday morning or Wednesday evening

So the night before I saw my one and only scorpion in the spot I thought it might spawn but I missed it. *shakes head* Then Curlos was going to move and I'm ready to celebrate that he'll be out of the direct path to my ReTail... then he changes his mind and tells me he wants to be a better friend to me so he'll stay.

My town hates me this week.

NetMapel

Man you guys are so lucky and have villagers selling your paintings :p My villagers never do that and Redd hardly ever seem to visit me ! I've been playing every day for two days now and he's never here. Always the fortune teller.

Also, eudaemonic, would you have time tomorrow for me to come over and sell those turnips ? I should be able to play tomorrow some time after 7 or 8PM PST. Which timezone are you in ?

Elija2

Phineas was in my town today. I can't even remember the last time I got a badge from him. I was hoping he'd give me the weeding badge since that's the last one I need but it was just the silver refurbishing badge. Oh well, maybe one day.

Grass will brown eventually just from walking, assuming your walking is raising up a cloud of dust. It's stupid.
Listen to the man! For he is the Pharaoh of a desert village XD

I kid but how did the green project for your village work out? Don't think I've been to your village in a while lol

Fireblend

Banned

You should check out /r/acturnips over at reddit. I sold mine at over 500 last week, and plan to do the same this week :p

Man you guys are so lucky and have villagers selling your paintings :p My villagers never do that and Redd hardly ever seem to visit me ! I've been playing every day for two days now and he's never here. Always the fortune teller.

Also, eudaemonic, would you have time tomorrow for me to come over and sell those turnips ? I should be able to play tomorrow some time after 7 or 8PM PST. Which timezone are you in ?
If you do want to pop over, it looks like I should have a small spike tomorrow. I'm PST so 7:00 or 8:00 pm will work out fine. Just let me know. :)

Also, Curlos found me last night while I was looking for scorpions. First time I've had this conversation with anyone.

Dice

Grass will brown eventually just from walking, assuming your walking is raising up a cloud of dust. It's stupid.
So they want you to try and be gentle the whole time while using the shitty 3DS circle stick? Yes, that is stupid. Turn L into a "be gentle, baby" walk button if you're going to make it that sensitive. Might as well start full on running now.

NetMapel

You should check out /r/acturnips over at reddit. I sold mine at over 500 last week, and plan to do the same this week :p

Checked it now. It doesn't seem like there is any active one going on right now ? Or maybe I just don't know how to reddit :p

Fireblend

Banned
Checked it now. It doesn't seem like there is any active one going on right now ? Or maybe I just don't know how to reddit :p

Nah, if all submissions say closed then there's none going on right now. Just refresh the page from time to time (I have a daily alarm at 9am :p) and be ready to sign up if there's a good one. There might be a lot of demand for high turnip prices :p

Frogstep

Croque sold me a legit proper painting yesterday and today Redd had a legit quaint painting that I went ahead and ordered. If anyone needs any of these I can drop them off preferably tomorrow since art you buy from Redd doesn't show up till the next day.

Also, Curlos is a pretty clever name for a sheep. :p

Dice

It's funny hearing about this scorpion difficulty. When I started up again I was walking around at night and something ran up to my character and they got dizzy and passed out and woke up at home. I was like "WTF was that?" so then I'm immediately walking around again with a net out and somewhere else in town something runs at me so I catch it and it's a scorpion. I must have been stung the first time. So that's two spawns in like 5mins, right? I guess all my luck transferred from art to scorpions.

Croque sold me a legit proper painting yesterday and today Redd had a legit quaint painting that I went ahead and ordered. If anyone needs any of these I can drop them off preferably tomorrow since art you buy from Redd doesn't show up till the next day.

Also, Curlos is a pretty clever name for a sheep. :p

I don't have either of these so I'd gladly buy those off of you tomorrow if nobody else wants them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom