• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yayaba

Anyone have advice for getting more bells during the day? My main source of bells is going to Tortimer's Island at night and catching bugs but it would be nice to have a way to get a lot in a similar way during the day.

Sell perfect fruit in someone else's town where it's not native.

1 Perfect fruit in your Re-Tail = 500 bells
1 Perfect fruit in someone else's Re-Tail = 3000 bells!

A batch of 9 is 27,000 bells. If you get a couple of trees going, you can clock in well over 200,000 bells per day.

That's probably the easiest way I've found to make cold hard cash.

Refugio

Finally saw and caught a scorpion. I had already given up weeks ago and accepted that I'd never even see one. Have all September stuff except for the Gar now. I'll try a little bit more for that one.

Just returned to the game after 200 hrs last year and have been on a rampage trying to finish up September's list. After hours of trying and a few blunders I finally caught a King Salmon. I can now sleep soundly even though the Scorpion will still haunt my dreams for the next few months.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Mine is 4656-6356-9113. I just added yours.

I'll open up my town.

EDIT: I'll be away from the game for a bit, but my town is still open.
Didn't see this edit till now. I have successfully picked up the painting and pushed you around town a bit ;)

NetMapel

lol, I didn't know you could push people into other areas like that. :p
I didn't know either. Was just walking around and noticed I could do that so I had a little fun lol

Thank you very much for the painting ! Also, love your town :)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It was time for a special game with Beau

5DYhAqr.jpg

Nah, he's cool.

NetMapel

If you do want to pop over, it looks like I should have a small spike tomorrow. I'm PST so 7:00 or 8:00 pm will work out fine. Just let me know. :)

Also, Curlos found me last night while I was looking for scorpions. First time I've had this conversation with anyone.

Will you be available today after work to come in and sell my turnips ? :)

Will you be available today after work to come in and sell my turnips ? :)
Ugh. I have bad news. Stalk Market Wizard screwed me over. Was supposed to have a spike and instead I'm at 65. So I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone else comes up with a better price to sell at. :(

*knocks over magazine rack*

NetMapel

Ugh. I have bad news. Stalk Market Wizard screwed me over. Was supposed to have a spike and instead I'm at 65. So I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone else comes up with a better price to sell at. :(

I'm keeping an eye on Reddit as well but nothing opened :(

Elija2

NOOOOOO! Chevre showed up in my campsite but my town is full. She's one of my favourites. What are the odds of the same villager popping up twice in one month?

Dice

Exact same thing happened to me.
Wizard: "Hold on to them"
*next day*
Reese: "65 bells"
Wizard: "Oh shit, sell!"

175k in turnips... someone save me. ;_;

SodaBeam

Neo Member
I have a question, GAF. I want to upgrade to a bigger SD card so I can download SSB. If I copy all my files to this new SD card, will my New Leaf save file still work? I've heard a few things about the file becoming unusable if you switch SD cards (e.g. to make a backup or start another save file). Can this sort of thing happen if I just copy the data to a new card and don't use the old one again? I have the digital version of AC:NL for what it's worth.

Thanks if you can help me with this, I'd really hate to lose my New Leaf save :O

zigg

If I copy all my files to this new SD card, will my New Leaf save file still work? I've heard a few things about the file becoming unusable if you switch SD cards (e.g. to make a backup or start another save file). Can this sort of thing happen if I just copy the data to a new card and don't use the old one again?
It exclusively affects people trying to back up or do save file shenanigans. It's basically a protection measure against people fiddling with their saves, but it doesn't block you from transferring to a larger card.

Nintendo themselves have a page on transferring data between SD cards: http://en-americas-support.nintendo...d/309/~/how-to-transfer-data-between-sd-cards

SodaBeam

Neo Member
It exclusively affects people trying to back up or do save file shenanigans. It's basically a protection measure against people fiddling with their saves, but it doesn't block you from transferring to a larger card.

Nintendo themselves have a page on transferring data between SD cards: http://en-americas-support.nintendo...d/309/~/how-to-transfer-data-between-sd-cards

Ah, I figured just transferring the data wouldn't be a problem, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

NOOOOOO! Chevre showed up in my campsite but my town is full. She's one of my favourites. What are the odds of the same villager popping up twice in one month?
Awww... hate when this happens. That was always my fear with Tako (Zucker... but fuck his American name). So far though, most of my tenters have been lame. I've taken a couple but only because they were okay and I could think of worse.

I'm a horrible mayor.

My ReTail isn't open yet but I'll continue to keep an eye on my nip prices just in case and post if I get anything decent.

It was time for a special game with Beau

5DYhAqr.jpg

Nah, he's cool.
I love this image. Reminds me of the ReTail special on frogs pic.

cvben

Sad to have missed the initial wave of players on this game, but happy to be on board now. Will come back with my friend code after work.

Sad to have missed the initial wave of players on this game, but happy to be on board now. Will come back with my friend code after work.
Nice seeing a small uptick of people in here lately even though it's a little quieter in general. :)

So my nips. Da fuq?!
133, 123, 136, 118, 98, 65, 38, 113

I'll likely just sell tonight unless someone else pops in with anything better. What a strange week.

Looks like there's an active 528 price on Reddit. My 111 price is the best I've seen in awhile but I didn't play this morning so I'm not sure which way they're going.

These are the hardy players who survived the winter and are all the stronger for it. Like I've said before, I'd like to see newer players post about what they're up to in their game.

NetMapel

Looks like there's an active 528 price on Reddit. My 111 price is the best I've seen in awhile but I didn't play this morning so I'm not sure which way they're going.

These are the hardy players who survived the winter and are all the stronger for it. Like I've said before, I'd like to see newer players post about what they're up to in their game.
Well I've been diligently trying to get more flowers into my town. Hopefully I can start looking up guides on flower colour pairing :)

Also, I'm really sad that, after reading a guide, that there are only four mannequins in the game. I started using two museum rooms to put all the costume clothes paring I've gotten. I thought having one single mannequins for a particular costume would be great, but there are only four in this game. I guess I'll have to leave that for special costumes then, like Varian/Samus suits and Link costumes. I've just upgraded my Timmy/Tommy place from Supermarket, so I'm excited to see what the new store will be like today !

I've only been playing this game for a few short months... so plenty more to go.

Well I've been diligently trying to get more flowers into my town. Hopefully I can start looking up guides on flower colour pairing :)

Also, I'm really sad that, after reading a guide, that there are only four mannequins in the game. I started using two museum rooms to put all the costume clothes paring I've gotten. I thought having one single mannequins for a particular costume would be great, but there are only four in this game. I guess I'll have to leave that for special costumes then, like Varian/Samus suits and Link costumes. I've just upgraded my Timmy/Tommy place from Supermarket, so I'm excited to see what the new store will be like today !

I've only been playing this game for a few short months... so plenty more to go.

:D This is a great time to be playing. Halloween, Harvest Festival, Snowpeople, Toy Day, and New Year's all packed into a couple months.

As for hybrid breeding, our own zigg wrote the best guide on the topic. If you're just interested in which colors to cross to make new colors, that's under "Canonical crosses."

yayaba

I've been playing for three months now and I've still never seen Gracie come into my town.

Edit: Any of you have good turnip prices? I bought 100k worth at 90 and this week my prices have been in the gutter (sub 60 everyday). :(

I still haven't had one visit from Gracie. At this point when she does visit I might have to abuse Time Travel and go back to her more more times.

I've been playing for three months now and I've still never seen Gracie come into my town.

Edit: Any of you have good turnip prices? I bought 100k worth at 90 and this week my prices have been in the gutter (sub 60 everyday). :(
Gracie really is a crap shoot. I think I ran into the luckier of events and saw her rather quickly. I remember some of the OGs not getting Gracie for months after I did even though they started at the same time.

I have 117 this morning. I don't think I have you added if you want to sell in my town... so let me know and I'll add ya. I keep my FC in my profile.

I've got turnips at 130 if any of you need to sell still. Just let me know.
Mine just dropped to 69 Bells so if anyone needs to sell, Niraj is your mayor.

I sold yesterday though at the 113. I realized it had gotten late and I just wanted to break even.

Less than three weeks til Fantasy Life in North America. O_O

Also, just a heads up, with FL coming out soon, and Smash Bros. out now, I need to do some major pruning to my Friend List. I tried my best to document who's who when I played New Leaf, but I'm sure some people will fall through the cracks, so if I bump you off the list and you still want to be 3DS pals, just let me know. :)

Dice

I luckily got an increase and sold at 105. Never doing that again. It's bonkers taking up so much inventory to hold the turnips so long.

So I'm one of the most casual AC players there is. I haven't done much with my town and I haven't farmed the hell out of the game like some people have. Even after a year of playing since the game's release, I'm still finding reasons to go back a few times a week.

I am, however, very broke.

Right now my Retail is paying extra for perfect oranges.

Is there anyone here, right now, with a LOT of perfect oranges that would be willing to open up their town to me for 10 minutes??

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Considering the amount of hours Niraj spent playing the Island Tour games he must be thrilled Smash 3DS has an arrangement for the music so he can listen to that lively tune over and over again again.

In sadder news, I just realised this month would mark the last month we used Swapnote to communicate with each other. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom