• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Think my time might be coming to an end. I'm running out of things I actually want to do!

- Later this month I get the golden fishing pole, my last golden tool

- Next month when I fish up a football fish, I'll have completed the museum.

- I have quite a few badges and almost have one badge at least for every category.

- Closing in on 400 hours on the activity log now.

I think other than fish/bug/deep sea creature collection badges I'm not sure what else I'd want to do. And I'm not sure I'd want to mindlessly grind catches either. I've still played every day but now that some really fun events are repeating and I don't want to do them again, I feel like soon it might be time to call it quits. The game exceeded every expectation I had since I got bored of Wild World quickly but then always wanted to come back and restart. About the only thing I'd want is to finally get Hopper in my town.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
So I'm one of the most casual AC players there is. I haven't done much with my town and I haven't farmed the hell out of the game like some people have. Even after a year of playing since the game's release, I'm still finding reasons to go back a few times a week.

I am, however, very broke.

Right now my Retail is paying extra for perfect oranges.

Is there anyone here, right now, with a LOT of perfect oranges that would be willing to open up their town to me for 10 minutes??
The only real method I know of to get more money in the game is to go to the island at night. You will find many Beatles and sharks there that are worth $10,000 and then some. A trip to there once can net me $300,000 roughly. So check it out :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Considering the amount of hours Niraj spent playing the Island Tour games he must be thrilled Smash 3DS has an arrangement for the music so he can listen to that lively tune over and over again again.

In sadder news, I just realised this month would mark the last month we used Swapnote to communicate with each other. :(

:(

I wonder if they'll add more K.K. songs on the Smashville stage or just keep the same ones from Brawl.

Elija2

In sadder news, I just realised this month would mark the last month we used Swapnote to communicate with each other. :(

Damn, it's already been a year? I've lost hope of Nintendo ever re-enabling Swapnote (or giving us Flipnote Studio 3D).

Nikki lives on in my Smash roster as a Mii Fighter. She actually kinda kicks ass.

adroit

There was a very long delay when I was uploading my dream town today and when it finally finished it said it had assigned me a new dream address. I regularly update my town (at least once a week) so I'm surprised this happened. Anyone else had this happen to them lately?

Elija2

There was a very long delay when I was uploading my dream town today and when it finally finished it said it had assigned me a new dream address. I regularly update my town (at least once a week) so I'm surprised this happened. Anyone else had this happen to them lately?

That happened to me back when the game first came out and I have no idea what caused it. It's kinda cool though because I can search my name in the Dream Suite and visit my old town.

That happened to me back when the game first came out and I have no idea what caused it. It's kinda cool though because I can search my name in the Dream Suite and visit my old town.

:) I'd like to see some sort of Memory Suite in a future game where we can save dream-like versions of our towns to revisit. It'd be fun to be able to walk around town as it was early on and see how it's grown and evolved over time. Maybe a monthly snapshot memory could be taken and accessed like a dream.

Frogstep

:(

I wonder if they'll add more K.K. songs on the Smashville stage or just keep the same ones from Brawl.

My thoughts and hopes are that the returning Smashville Brawl stage will have all it's previous K.K. songs and the new Town and City one will feature a wide variety of new ones. There are literally no bad K.K. songs but I am hopeful some, or any, of my favorites make it in. :D

adroit

It's kinda cool though because I can search my name in the Dream Suite and visit my old town.
Thanks for the suggestion! I hope my town is still there under its old number.
:) I'd like to see some sort of Memory Suite in a future game where we can save dream-like versions of our towns to revisit. It'd be fun to be able to walk around town as it was early on and see how it's grown and evolved over time. Maybe a monthly snapshot memory could be taken and accessed like a dream.
That is a great idea.

adroit

Ha ha! It worked! I was able to dream about my own town! The most surprising thing was meeting myself! Hadn't thought about it in advance.

NetMapel

Bought a bit of turnips at 90. If anybody got good turnip price this week, please do tell :) I'll keep you guys updated on my turnip price too.

Stopped playing AC when Fantasy Life came out =(, wanted to get the 500 days tree, think I might jump back on, thank god I left the game when I got pinged by a villager leaving.

So are most people here maining Villager in Smash =P? Now that I think about it...Villager has a bowling ball in which I'm sure we can't get one in this game XD

I think other than fish/bug/deep sea creature collection badges I'm not sure what else I'd want to do. And I'm not sure I'd want to mindlessly grind catches either. I've still played every day but now that some really fun events are repeating and I don't want to do them again, I feel like soon it might be time to call it quits. The game exceeded every expectation I had since I got bored of Wild World quickly but then always wanted to come back and restart. About the only thing I'd want is to finally get Hopper in my town.
Yeah, I realized when Jack showed up, I had no interest in going through that whole deal again. I collected everything last year so I'm good on items. I've mostly been checking in lately for nip prices and I'll briefly say hi to my villagers. Enough to try and get a ping if someone is leaving that I don't want to leave. I'm expecting any day now to have a favorite move out because I'm not playing enough. :/
Bought a bit of turnips at 90. If anybody got good turnip price this week, please do tell :) I'll keep you guys updated on my turnip price too.
I purchased nips at 90 today as well so I'll be keeping an eye on things.
Stopped playing AC when Fantasy Life came out =(, wanted to get the 500 days tree, think I might jump back on, thank god I left the game when I got pinged by a villager leaving.
I double checked on it this morning and if you've been playing every day since it launched in the US, October 22nd should be 500 days. I think there's been a couple days I missed but I'm feeling confident I'll see it before the end of the month.

Linius

Cool, give me a sec to switch cards with that super awesome game called Fantasy Life that is almost releasing in your area.

Cool, give me a sec to switch cards with that super awesome game called Fantasy Life that is almost releasing in your area.
Should have went digital like the Kings =P...though you've played waaaaay more than me now that Smash is out XD, so yay keeping my promise to you Niraj lol

Linius

I'm a sucker for boxes mate.

And fudge, Beau moved. Gotta be careful now starting up my game in case some prick decides move in right on top of my perfect flowers or pears orchard.

Oh Niraj, let me know if you need a save midway, I'll check for messages.

Niraj

-_-

Should have went digital like the Kings =P...though you've played waaaaay more than me now that Smash is out XD, so yay keeping my promise to you Niraj lol

lol thanks dude. How is Smash going?

And fudge, Beau moved. Gotta be careful now starting up my game in case some prick decides move in right on top of my perfect flowers or pears orchard.

Thanks man.

lol thanks dude. How is Smash going?
The controls may kill my 3DS circle pad someday but it's what I've wanted as a portable Smash game =D, quite amazed it runs so well.

Would love to play against you but Mikor joined in one of my games with my other 2 friends and lagged a lot more, probs too much as he quit after one match XD.
We should do some Smash games in the near future with this community. I'm terrible at it :p
Seriously do lol, I see you guys online in it and I lament there's no poking/notification system to ask someone if they wanna play together =/

NetMapel

I'm totally down for some Smash with this community as well ! Maybe some time later today ? Also, need to check turnip prices later today too...

MicH

And at last, the world is free of the Beau who invited himself to my town and plagued me for weeks!

I'm sorry :( That sucks

Velcro Fly

I've managed to pull off some sick stuff with the Villager just using him a few times for a challenge. Using his dash attack to knock someone off the stage and following up immediately with his meteor smash was just sick. I did it once to Yoshi and he lingered below the screen tossing eggs a few times before dying. Did it to Mega Man and he died right away.

Love the Animal Crossing stage and the music present too.

I've managed to pull off some sick stuff with the Villager just using him a few times for a challenge. Using his dash attack to knock someone off the stage and following up immediately with his meteor smash was just sick. I did it once to Yoshi and he lingered below the screen tossing eggs a few times before dying. Did it to Mega Man and he died right away.

Love the Animal Crossing stage and the music present too.
I also love that stuff like Smash Potato exists.

NetMapel

I can if you want.

Awesome ! Give me a couple more minutes. I'm taking care of some AC chores :) I'll post here when I'm ready to play, I guess.

By the way, my turnip price is now at 109 and detecting a small spike for tomorrow evening. Just a heads up :)

Niraj

Awesome ! Give me a couple more minutes. I'm taking care of some AC chores :) I'll post here when I'm ready to play, I guess.

By the way, my turnip price is now at 109 and detecting a small spike for tomorrow evening. Just a heads up :)

No rush :)

Niraj

I don't really care about restricting items and stages. You can disable any that you don't like though.

I just went with no items since I had that already. I can switch them back after this I guess, no big deal.

Edit: Guess I can't change anything now :p just let me know and I can remake the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom