• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I'm still fairly new to Smash and have not played it much. This has been eye-opening to see the moves you guys pull off :) I'll keep playing and improve soon enough ! Thanks for the games.

Holy crap guys! The system update has themes now!!!

But dammit! Isabelle isn't actually up yet! BOOOOOOOOOO...

(I didn't see the blue light notification until right before I was going to bed...)

So fucking stoked though. Been wanting those themes.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

(I didn't see the blue light notification until right before I was going to bed...)

Yeah, I was hoping the Isabelle ones were up. I might get one of those whenever they do release them if the music is decent.

Acid08

Banned

I saw that during the Theme Shop intro thing and got super excited. EFF OFF NINTENDO.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We should do some Smash games in the near future with this community. I'm terrible at it :p
Would be happy to do that as I'm a pure For Fun Smasher so all that talk in the OT about techniques goes over my head.

Almost tempted to start my own For Fun tournament to run parallel with the other one for those who want to oin but don't think they are good enough for the main one.

That's already out (haven't checked Gaming Side main page yet. Subscription page for life!) Cool.

Talking of Isabelle, I made this rather quick wallpaper of her for the New 3DS ad thread.

3kYzHbB.jpg

Talking of Isabelle, I made this rather quick wallpaper of her for the New 3DS ad thread.
*right click, save*

Also, Robin64 informed me this morning that if you do have the ACNL 3DS, it has it's own special theme.
nintendo3dsse_1284264.png

nintendo3dsse_1284254.png

On a turnip note, I might have a small spike tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep peeps posted.

Linius

Aw man, that's so cool.

But there is a Animal Crossing theme coming to the shop as well? That's something I might plunch two euros on.

Acid08

Banned
*right click, save*

Also, Robin64 informed me this morning that if you do have the ACNL 3DS, it has it's own special theme.
nintendo3dsse_1284264.png

nintendo3dsse_1284254.png

On a turnip note, I might have a small spike tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep peeps posted.
Wait what is this sorcery? I have the ACNL XL.

Robin64

Yeah, this is the best of the AC themes. Will be pretty fun seeing the game logos and stuff on the notice board. :D

00025.jpg

Also it doesn't have a picture on the bottom like some do, so it won't feel bad to cover it up. Just nice AC grass.

Linius

Yeah, this is the best of the AC themes. Will be pretty fun seeing the game logos and stuff on the notice board. :D

00025.jpg

Also it doesn't have a picture on the bottom like some do, so it won't feel bad to cover it up. Just nice AC grass.

Niraj right now

TCYJgOQ.gif

Frogstep

What the, where's my AC Theme at! Seriously though, I would have thought there would at least be one for us to buy. ;(

I'm open to smashing some bros with you guys too, haven't removed anyone that I've added from AC GAF. :D

Linius

I decided to create a new friendscodes document for myself, this time saving it on my external drive.

I still have: Eudaemonic, MrSamMan, BPB, Roto, Animekatt, BGBW, Sah, Ramyeon, Mekere, Kamikaze, Zero, Koo, Elijah, Chopper, Lord Helmet, Frogstep, Braves, Suzu, Samurai Heart, Wheelhos, Silkysmooth, Robin64 and Grizzo.

Of course I'm not entirely sure who of the above still has me too. AC Gaf still makes up the biggest percentage of my friends list. I trimmed it down to about 54 recently.

MicH

You invoke my name, yet neglect to mention me in your list there. I'm hurt.
Me too :(

Anyone else excited for the next AC game? It'll probably (surely) be on Wii U. How do you guys feel about that? Not being portable would definitely matter for me

I have you ;D why there's so many cheers for your accomplishment on Fantasy Life until Smash consumed me lol.

Anyone else excited for the next AC game? It'll probably (surely) be on Wii U. How do you guys feel about that? Not being portable would definitely matter for me
Hope they play it smart and have an app or so to be downloaded onto your 3DS and can continue from there in a limited form, maybe the use of Amiibo will play into that.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Less interested. Portable is the way to go as far as I'm concerned, but I guess it depends on what they do with it. Hope you guys are ready for AC Amiibo and spending all your money.

Niraj, my number one mate you're on top of the list :p

hqdefault.jpg

Linius

I don't even have a Wii U. Never had a console from Nintendo, hence this being my first Smash game I actually own. My dad used to trade in retro game stuff so we have plenty gamecubes in the house and a couple of Wii's too (and the real retro stuff of course) but I never felt tempted to play on it once I got my 360.

If I eventually do get a Wii U for MK8 and such I'll most likely get Animal Crossing if they release one on it. But I don't expect to clock so many hours in it. Just too much effort on a console.

MicH

I have you ;D why there's so many cheers for your accomplishment on Fantasy Life until Smash consumed me lol.

Hope they play it smart and have an app or so to be downloaded onto your 3DS and can continue from there in a limited form, maybe the use of Amiibo will play into that.

Less interested. Portable is the way to go as far as I'm concerned, but I guess it depends on what they do with it. Hope you guys are ready for AC Amiibo and spending all your money.
Yeah, I kind of feel the same. Sure, the GamePad is an option, but I still prefer 100% portability. And oh god, AC Amiibos would be... interesting.

Would you guys prefer a another game on 3DS instead? Thinking it over, I think I would vastly prefer it to a Wii U version if it feels fresh with a ton of new features and stuff like that. I'm afraid a Wii U version would trace the steps of City Folk and be a half-assed HD port :(

I wouldn't mind if future AC games took a similar approach as Fantasy Life when it comes to achievements. Publish them so your friends get notified and implement that glories applause system :p

Sadly I won't be taking part in the Smashing. Skipped out on it - I just knew I wouldn't play it enough. Still keep me you your lists though! :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Portable is indeed king for New Leaf. They'd have to do some major additions to the formula for me to be interested in the Wii U version. Also a lack of general interest in the title will mean a smaller community. Just look how City Folk fumbled on GAF because hardly anyone played it.

As for Smash, I'm a fun fun fun fan rather than a serious tournament go getter so free for all with items (not all. Already disabled a few) on any stage is fine by mean. However that does mean getting four of us together at one time which is more difficult.

Linius

What can I do with Amiibos? I still don't get it. I know they'e going to introduce something so I can use them on my 3DS too. And I know they look cool and can empty my wallet.

Elija2

Would you guys prefer a another game on 3DS instead? Thinking it over, I think I would vastly prefer it to a Wii U version if it feels fresh with a ton of new features and stuff like that. I'm afraid a Wii U version would trace the steps of City Folk and be a half-assed HD port :(

I would prefer it too, but I'm not sure I'd buy it unless it had a bunch of new features and you could carry over stuff from New Leaf (although you wouldn't be able to carry over much). I think I only need to play one Animal Crossing game per generation to get my fix.

However, if New Leaf supported major DLC with new features I would definitely pay for them. I'd much rather they just add on features to an existing game than release a whole new one because then I wouldn't have to start from scratch. That would be my ideal Animal Crossing game for next gen; a portable game released early in the handheld's life that gets updated with new features throughout the generation. That way the game stays fresh for much longer.

I'm afraid I'd start it (Wii U version) and not tend to it as much as I do my 3DS unless it was literally the same game and the saving happened in the cloud and I could play at home or on the road with the same progress.

---

Side note: I took a pic of my 3DS with the hanafuda background and actual hanafuda cards I own. It matches up pretty sweet.

That's an awesome theme and was actually the one I was going to settle for but I think I'm gonna hold out a little while longer. Also! We have the same Bullet Bill thingy! I got one of those and a Splatoon one at E3.

hcS4qMb.jpg

I think they're for like glasses or something, right?
Yeah! I got my bullet bill for playing the security camera game. :D
Fefb.png

Niraj, my number one mate you're on top of the list :p
What's that third column for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom