• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you guys prefer a another game on 3DS instead?

Not really. I get the portability concerns (though I don't play video games in public/away from home) but I don't think I'd have a lot of interest in another low resolution 3DS version when I have a console with games that look like Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. Especially since it has a controller/screen I can use anywhere at home. Samurai's suggestion of a companion app would work better in my eyes. The console could open the world up tremendously: richer town development and house building, multiple camera angles, etc.. If portable is the only way to go forward, I'd rather stick with what I have or wait for New New Leaf on my New 4DSi XL Lite. Hopefully with Elija's suggestions of regular content additions and updates.

Grizzo

Not really. I get the portability concerns (though I don't play video games in public/away from home) but I don't think I'd have a lot of interest in another low resolution 3DS version when I have a console with games that look like Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. Especially since it has a controller/screen I can use anywhere at home. Samurai's suggestion of a companion app would work better in my eyes. The console could open the world up tremendously: richer town development and house building, multiple camera angles, etc.. If portable is the only way to go forward, I'd rather stick with what I have or wait for New New Leaf on my New 4DSi XL Lite. Hopefully with Elija's suggestions of regular content additions and updates.

My thoughts exactly. I think they should take their time and come back with something really big for the next iteration. An half-assed port like City Folk won't cut it. I want two towns : our own little one (the regular one, which we can access offline, like in the other games in the series) and a huge one, one which would be always online, like an "MMO town". People would create a Community and other people would join it and live there. Maybe a vacation town? Maybe sharing a house with other people? I don't know, there are tons of possibilities.

I decided to create a new friendscodes document for myself, this time saving it on my external drive.

I still have: Eudaemonic, MrSamMan, BPB, Roto, Animekatt, BGBW, Sah, Ramyeon, Mekere, Kamikaze, Zero, Koo, Elijah, Chopper, Lord Helmet, Frogstep, Braves, Suzu, Samurai Heart, Wheelhos, Silkysmooth, Robin64 and Grizzo.

Of course I'm not entirely sure who of the above still has me too. AC Gaf still makes up the biggest percentage of my friends list. I trimmed it down to about 54 recently.

Of course I still have you on my list! :D

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I decided to create a new friendscodes document for myself, this time saving it on my external drive.

I still have: Eudaemonic, MrSamMan, BPB, Roto, Animekatt, BGBW, Sah, Ramyeon, Mekere, Kamikaze, Zero, Koo, Elijah, Chopper, Lord Helmet, Frogstep, Braves, Suzu, Samurai Heart, Wheelhos, Silkysmooth, Robin64 and Grizzo.

Of course I'm not entirely sure who of the above still has me too. AC Gaf still makes up the biggest percentage of my friends list. I trimmed it down to about 54 recently.

Well I'm new to the AC series and have enjoyed the AC-GAF community here ! Looking forward to more future Super Smash and Fantasy Life sessions with the peeps here as well. Still slowly working through AC, of course :) So please feel free to add me !

suzu

Hey guys~

I still have most of you on my friendlist. :) I probably won't be picking up Smash, but I'll be getting Fantasy Life when it's released in NA.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yooooo an AC GAF community town that we can all move in to sounds pretty fucking dope. I wish that was already a thing. :(

That would be awesome. We could coordinate on flower and tree layout and stuff like that.

Hey guys~

I still have most of you on my friendlist. :) I probably won't be picking up Smash, but I'll be getting Fantasy Life when it's released in NA.

Cool, saved me a PM :p

zigg

…

I still have it and play it buuut I always seem to be playing when nobody else is, or not have the same amount of time others have. :(

NetMapel

Reese selling at 153 right now for me. Also, it might spike up even higher later in roughly half an hour. If you wanna sell...

Linius

What's that third column for?

That's for the peeps I know from my Dutch gaming board. So I can find out faster if I have a certain person on my friends list. Now I at least have a list of corresponding board nicknames and friendcodes again. Otherwise I'll end up deleting people again on accident. Still praying for an Nintendo Id system on the 3DS. That would make things easier. And more than 100 spots so I don't have to worry about maxing out my friends list.

And Netmapel, I'll add you :)

I can finally get my gold fishing rod!

Mmmmm all golden tools, never done that in an AC before :)

How many days until you gotta get the biggest tree? I'm oddly excited to see that few properly

500 days (plus 500 hours of playtime)
Game launched on 14th June 2013 in Europe and so if you have played everyday you only have 18 days to go.
US launched 5 days earlier so those guys may only have 13 days to go.
I've missed over a month here and there so I still have a little while left...

Robin64

eudaemonic told me her tree shits all over mine, or something to that effect. Can't remember exactly, I was pretty shocked at the remark.

My poor tree. :(

I always said getting the big tree would be my end point (my only goals are that and the gold rod now) but the fact I don't have the pictures of any of my current villagers is going to nag at me, I just know it

MicH

Mmmmm all golden tools, never done that in an AC before :)

500 days (plus 500 hours of playtime)
Game launched on 14th June 2013 in Europe and so if you have played everyday you only have 18 days to go.
US launched 5 days earlier so those guys may only have 13 days to go.
I've missed over a month here and there so I still have a little while left...
Thanks. I am so far away from ever achieving this, but I look forward to all the pictures of the giant tree you guys are (hopefully) gonna post :D

eudaemonic told me her tree shits all over mine, or something to that effect. Can't remember exactly, I was pretty shocked at the remark.

My poor tree. :(
Well it doesn't help you haven't played much in the past six months. :p

zlCfzShdn4QSYikpaT

But it's true. ^_^

Frogstep

That looks like my tree too! I like how we don't even have the fully grown tree yet either. I think we're sitting on the 300 days/hours tree. We'll get there!

Yep that's the 300 days tree, alright gonna check on my town lol, want to end my ACNL play time with the 500 and get pinged by someone about to leave XD.
Edit: Oooh came back to fishing tourney weekend my Coelacanth is ready =P

I have 800 hours and I can't leave this prison! T_T
Haha if my game was digital I would be in the same place as you X'D but having my physical cart I feel a sense of relief of leaving the game lol, justified by saying I need that slot in my 3 games pouch for something else and ACNL and Tomodachi Life are the ones I need to move >__> as it's been a permenant in the pouch since their release.

Frogstep

So it turns out it was the bug set that I still needed to complete. I got confused and thought it was fishing furniture I needed so I just neglected the shit out of the bug tournaments.

I'd like to catalog the bug stuff from anyone who has all of it and is cool with bringing it all out for me. :p

adroit

I'd like to catalog the bug stuff from anyone who has all of it and is cool with bringing it all out for me. :p
Later today you'll probably get a dozen offers from people already on your friend list. If by some extraordinary miracle that doesn't happen, I have the full set.

So it turns out it was the bug set that I still needed to complete. I got confused and thought it was fishing furniture I needed so I just neglected the shit out of the bug tournaments.

I have it sitting in my plaza for you. Let me know when you might be on. :)

Nips are following the same pattern they did last week so I might have better prices tomorrow morning. I'll report back.

Frogstep

I have it sitting in my plaza for you. Let me know when you might be on. :)

Nips are following the same pattern they did last week so I might have better prices tomorrow morning. I'll report back.

I can stop by right now if you're open. :D

Later today you'll probably get a dozen offers from people already on your friend list. If by some extraordinary miracle that doesn't happen, I have the full set.

I appreciate the offer!

Frogstep

Opened now for ya. Sorry about that. Got swamped with a work thing at the moment.

Ain't no thing. I got a little distracted by another game, lol. I'll stop by right now!

edit: Thanks again! Also, I really like that you're still rocking that headgear! To make it more meaningful, I haven't ordered another one for myself. :)

Ain't no thing. I got a little distracted by another game, lol. I'll stop by right now!

edit: Thanks again! Also, I really like that you're still rocking that headgear! To make it more meaningful, I haven't ordered another one for myself. :)
I was going to swap it for a bit with the witches hat when Gracie gets the dress back in just so I have a theme going for the month but it's going to stay in my letters when I'm not wearing it.

Still weird not seeing you with it though.

Frogstep

I was going to swap it for a bit with the witches hat when Gracie gets the dress back in just so I have a theme going for the month but it's going to stay in my letters when I'm not wearing it.

Still weird not seeing you with it though.

Haha, yeah it does feel a little weird. I'm sure my frogs are all wondering who this imposter is that showed up and just took over and maybe murdered their previous mayor.

At least I'm still rocking my star shades! :D?

NetMapel

Hey guys. I got Katie here with me. Anybody have a moment for me to take her with me to your town ? Pretty please ? :)

adroit

Acid08

Banned
Question: can you have visitors over to participate in your town's tournaments? I want to have a friend over in my village tomorrow for the fishing tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom