• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Question: can you have visitors over to participate in your town's tournaments? I want to have a friend over in my village tomorrow for the fishing tourney.

Yeah, you can turn in fish at each others tournaments. That's how we managed to collect the fish/bug sets relatively easy last year.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah, you can turn in fish at each others tournaments. That's how we managed to collect the fish/bug sets relatively easy last year.
Okay awesome, thank you! I figured it could go either way, glad to hear we can do it. So then I assume they can take part in the award ceremony stuff right?

golden fishing pole today! will have all golden tools now! One of my long term goals accomplished! :D
I forgot about this! Logged on to snag that today and make sure Tako has his medicine since its day two of his being sick. Turned in a fish for the tourney but otherwise not caring much about it. Never did get the whole set but I have my gold badge already so it doesn't matter too much.

Zing

Banned
Anyone know exactly when your town is checked for being "dirty". I've been trying to get the golden watering can for a month. I went ten days with a clean town. I put a few things down for a couple hours while I did other stuff and next thing I know, my town is dirty. I didn't leave anything on ground overnight. I assumed it was checked at 6:00am when the day begins.

Those AC themes look great. I'd use any of them. I bought the NES jumping Mario one and totally regret it.

Anyone know exactly when your town is checked for being "dirty". I've been trying to get the golden watering can for a month. I went ten days with a clean town. I put a few things down for a couple hours while I did other stuff and next thing I know, my town is dirty. I didn't leave anything on ground overnight. I assumed it was checked at 6:00am when the day begins.

Those AC themes look great. I'd use any of them. I bought the NES jumping Mario one and totally regret it.
I thought the 6:00 am thing was when it checked too...

And at least a 2$ theme is on the lesser scale of things to regret in life. :/

Zing

Banned
Maybe I had something on the ground that I didn't notice. I kept my town perfectly clean. One day at about 1:00pm I temporarily set some stuff down in town to gather some other things. I figure it's safe until the next morning, so I save and quit. I came back a few hours later, talked to Isabelle, and she said the town was dirty.

Maybe it also checks when you talk with her? Maybe it checks when you load a game?

Also, does anyone have a Varia Suit? I am just missing the main part of the outfit and I am so weary from opening fortune cookies. Looking for King, Queen, and Knight chess pieces as well. I've seen them in my HHA, but they are customized and can't order.

My HHA is actually overflowing with homes. I get about 15 AC streetpasses a week. About half of them are very scrubby, with HHA scores of a couple thousand. There are a few with scores in the several hundred thousand. I don't know what they do to reach that. I actually saw one that was 1.1 million HHA points. I looked inside and didn't see anything special about it.

Linius

Maybe I had something on the ground that I didn't notice. I kept my town perfectly clean. One day at about 1:00pm I temporarily set some stuff down in town to gather some other things. I figure it's safe until the next morning, so I save and quit. I came back a few hours later, talked to Isabelle, and she said the town was dirty.

Maybe it also checks when you talk with her? Maybe it checks when you load a game?

Also, does anyone have a Varia Suit? I am just missing the main part of the outfit and I am so weary from opening fortune cookies. Looking for King, Queen, and Knight chess pieces as well. I've seen them in my HHA, but they are customized and can't order.

My HHA is actually overflowing with homes. I get about 15 AC streetpasses a week. About half of them are very scrubby, with HHA scores of a couple thousand. There are a few with scores in the several hundred thousand. I don't know what they do to reach that. I actually saw one that was 1.1 million HHA points. I looked inside and didn't see anything special about it.

I only get sucky houses trough streetpass. As if so many people buy this game to not play it. Such a shame.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag

Why are you so weary about opening fortune cookies ? I got the full suits from using those cookies... ? I'm fairly new to AC still so maybe I'm missing something about fortune cookies ? Do they give you bad luck or something as well ?

Zing

Banned
Weary, not wary.

I have opened so many fortune cookies over the past four months. I was buying both cookies every day until just a couple weeks ago. I've never seen the Varia Suit. I've also yet to find the Mario floor (or was it the wall?)

So the themes disable the app jingles?
The mario theme doesn't. The app jingle just momentarily interrupts the background music, then the music continues.

Unicorn

Got some dupes from fishing tourney:

Marine pop wall
Flounder table
Red snapper chair x3
Puffer fish tv

I have:
Jellyfish lamp
Octopus chair
Flounder table
And the above listed

What else am I missing, and who wants to trade?

Unicorn
3136-6728-2378

Linius

Sure, I'll open up. I'm gonna be afk though.

Thanks, gonna harvest the last bunch now. Then I'll sort out my locker so I can fit it in one trip.

EDIT

Gonna be two trips, too much pears and too little space. Not gonna empty my whole locker :p

EDIT 2

Your town Resetti'd and you're offline on my friendslist now. Guess your internet crapped out?

Elija2

Thanks, gonna harvest the last bunch now. Then I'll sort out my locker so I can fit it in one trip.

EDIT

Gonna be two trips, too much pears and too little space. Not gonna empty my whole locker :p

EDIT 2

Your town Resetti'd and you're offline on my friendslist now. Guess your internet crapped out?

Sorry about that, I'll open up again. I hope you at least finished your first trip.

Linius

Sorry about that, I'll open up again. I hope you at least finished your first trip.

Was my first time trying to sell actually, so it hardly costed me time. I used my time back in town to sort everything into one trip now. I'll be back in a bit, went to visit my new HHA showcase houses.

EDIT

Made it back home with the bells. Thanks a bunch!

Unicorn

I just looked it up. So, I guess there's 2 lists of items and each tourney he has 1 list of items.

I got all the items from 1 list (plus dupes). Anyone get stuff from the other list and want to trade? I somehow never really did the fishing tourney in this game last year (I think I only got a dab table last year).
LLShC.gif

Linius

iDTWzOToUmfPm.JPG

This is the current state of my tree. Eli's looked much bigger, I really should boot up the game more :p

iU1AkUoP9YmEN.JPG
---->
ijse1yeTKe8r8.JPG

iRzmfvjuBMQM9.JPG

Good girl Reese

Totally forgot about the fishing tourney and missed the chance to get the gold rod. I thought you'd be able to get it after 6PM but apparently not. Next month it'll be.

About the perfect town, from my experience it only checks it once the day changes (Isabelle checks it in real-time, but it doesn't affect the 15-day thing). So you can temporarily lay stuff down on the floor.

Frogstep

Aw man, I saw those AC 3ds themes and thought they were available. They're pretty great.

I was ok with missing the fishing tourney today, seeing as how I got all the fish stuff cataloged and also I wasn't gonna participate anyway. I made it in time for the ceremony though. :D

PjpJALy.jpg

I don't mean to brag but, I could have easily upstaged these 2 bitterling and horse mackerel catches. :p

NetMapel

I'll be up for maybe another hour. Reese in my town is buying Perfect Pears at a premium. Feel free to post here to let me know if you wanna sell :)

Linius

I'll be up for maybe another hour. Reese in my town is buying Perfect Pears at a premium. Feel free to post here to let me know if you wanna sell :)

Lol, I've been waiting for someone to post this for months and now two Reese's buy premium on the same day :p

Aw man, I saw those AC 3ds themes and thought they were available. They're pretty great.

I was ok with missing the fishing tourney today, seeing as how I got all the fish stuff cataloged and also I wasn't gonna participate anyway. I made it in time for the ceremony though. :D

PjpJALy.jpg

I don't mean to brag but, I could have easily upstaged these 2 bitterling and horse mackerel catches. :p
I love all the frog action. :D

Zing

Banned
Odd thing about the fishing tournament is that he stopped awarding the fish furniture after two prizes. I turned in five successfully larger fish, but only received fish furniture for the first two. The last ones just gave me generic furniture like a Stained Glass and Blue Bed.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Was this a free for all contest? Usually that means that while they were bigger fish, they were not impressive sizes for that type of fish.

Grizzo

No matter how many times I walk right in front of her, Whitney just won't come talk to me by herself...

I've been trying to get her to ask me to build a statue fountain for two weeks now... but she just doesn't want to! She's my only snooty villager, so there's no other way for me to get that Public Work Project.

Do I need to befriend her first? It's not that easy, she keeps asking me for rare bugs or fish, haha.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
No matter how many times I walk right in front of her, Whitney just won't come talk to me by herself...

I've been trying to get her to ask me to build a statue fountain for two weeks now... but she just doesn't want to! She's my only snooty villager, so there's no other way for me to get that Public Work Project.

Do I need to befriend her first? It's not that easy, she keeps asking me for rare bugs or fish, haha.

This is possibly a silly suggestion, but check with Isabelle to make sure that you didn't get it without realizing it. There was a PWP I was trying to get awhile back and it turned out I actually had gotten it and forgotten to check it off my list. If not, you can try trapping her with holes and do the swimming trick/wait around for awhile. You could also possibly save and quit and restart and make a beeline for Whitney (though that'd be easier if her house was by yours).

This is possibly a silly suggestion, but check with Isabelle to make sure that you didn't get it without realizing it. There was a PWP I was trying to get awhile back and it turned out I actually had gotten it and forgotten to check it off my list.

Oh man I was trying to get the Zen Garden for months (it was the last Zen thing I needed), checked my PWP list one day because I wanted to build a bench and there it was!
No idea how long I'd had it for haha

Grizzo

Have you spoken to her recently? Often villagers won't ping you if you need to talk to them.

Right after I booted the game, I'm going straight to wherever she is (avoiding other villagers on my way) but she never pings me. I then proceed to talk to her and go minding my own business (in the game, I mean) for like 20 minutes or so, only to come back to her and find out that she still doesn't have anything to ask me.

This is possibly a silly suggestion, but check with Isabelle to make sure that you didn't get it without realizing it. There was a PWP I was trying to get awhile back and it turned out I actually had gotten it and forgotten to check it off my list. If not, you can try trapping her with holes and do the swimming trick/wait around for awhile. You could also possibly save and quit and restart and make a beeline for Whitney (though that'd be easier if her house was by yours).

I already checked and I don't have it :(

It's a shame because I have a lot of PWPs except for the only one I'd like to build right now, haha.

I'm gonna try the "save and quit" trick like you said, but this is getting frustrating

Just like Lopez is my absolute best friend in the game (like I would fulfill any request that guy asks me because I really like him), but he won't ever give me his picture. I know that surely if he ever leave my town he's gonna send it to me through mail but... I just don't want to see him go. So yeah, I guess he's gonna hold on to that pic forever hahaha.

Unicorn

Odd thing about the fishing tournament is that he stopped awarding the fish furniture after two prizes. I turned in five successfully larger fish, but only received fish furniture for the first two. The last ones just gave me generic furniture like a Stained Glass and Blue Bed.
You either get a set item or random item. It's a coin toss.

Was this a free for all contest? Usually that means that while they were bigger fish, they were not impressive sizes for that type of fish.
Yeah it was any fish. I had a notepad and ordered them in sequential size. Island fishing helped a ton too. Went from carp all the way to whale shark lol

I have the whole suit you can have. I'm not suing it and it's just wasting away in my museum. Let me know if you need the Mario floor or wall too. I also ordered the King, Queen, and Knight for you but I won't be able to drop everything off till tomorrow morning.

Otherwise, I just ask that you keep an eye out for either a sloppy chair, lamp, sofa, and table for me. That's the one set I really wanna complete and those are the last pieces I need. :)

Zing

Banned
I cleared out my police station for the first time and saw no sloppy. It's been stagnant with the same items for weeks now. Any idea what triggers new items there?

I cleared out my police station for the first time and saw no sloppy. It's been stagnant with the same items for weeks now. Any idea what triggers new items there?
Completely random as far as I know. I've personally seen sloppy and cardboard more in ReTail than the station.

Reminder too that today is Explorer's Day for US players. If you're not in the US, I'm sure some of us could open up for ya.

Isabelle will give you a sailboat model:
sailboat-model.jpg

Also, let me know when you're available today, Zing.

NetMapel

I just got a Varia Suit from fortune cookies. If you want, I can give that to you :)

Reminder too that today is Explorer's Day for US players. If you're not in the US, I'm sure some of us could open up for ya.

Isabelle will give you a sailboat model:
sailboat-model.jpg

Also, let me know when you're available today, Zing.

Oh yessss please ! But later today perhaps ?

Azuran

Banned
Well, I'm never taking another week long break from this game ever again:

zlCfzSixpMEItEuAZg

I didn't even get to say good bye :(

This is on you Sakurai!

Acid and Net... are you guys around now? I'm sorry, I had a really busy day today and I end up being out much later than I intended. I can swing back the time on my system and let you pop by if you're around. If not, I'll swing it back tomorrow at a time when I can grab both of you.

Also, I'm sorry for your loss, Azuran. :(

NetMapel

Acid and Net... are you guys around now? I'm sorry, I had a really busy day today and I end up being out much later than I intended. I can swing back the time on my system and let you pop by if you're around. If not, I'll swing it back tomorrow at a time when I can grab both of you.

Also, I'm sorry for your loss, Azuran. :(

Sure I'm around !

Grizzo

Well, I'm never taking another week long break from this game ever again:

zlCfzSixpMEItEuAZg

I didn't even get to say good bye :(

This is on you Sakurai!

man... I feel like this is the only way I'll ever get Lopez's picture :(

But I don't want to see him go, even if I know for sure he's gonna come back to wander around in Main Street or visit T&T's Emporium (but he's not gonna talk to me, he'll just keep saying the same few sentences over and over again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom