• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zing

Banned
Thanks to a Futureshop pricing error, I've already preordered two copies of Fantasy Life. I suspect I won't be playing it until Christmas. My daughter and I are still deep into Animal Crossing and Pokemon. She is also dabbling in Smash Bros. I may as well just save it for later. I am anxious to play it, though.

Andamo

Neo Member
One of my neighbors sent me a letter inviting me to his birthday party. I looked up what gift to give him and I already have it, but do I need to wrap it using wrapping paper from the Nookling's shop before I give it to him?

One of my neighbors sent me a letter inviting me to his birthday party. I looked up what gift to give him and I already have it, but do I need to wrap it using wrapping paper from the Nookling's shop before I give it to him?
I don't know if it makes a difference, but I always wrapped my birthday gifts.

Elija2

To those of you getting Fantasy Life, will you also be getting the DLC? The game locks you out of playing with people if you don't all have/lack the DLC.

Grizzo

To those of you getting Fantasy Life, will you also be getting the DLC? The game locks you out of playing with people if you don't all have/lack the DLC.

Yeah that's a terrible decision.

I was too lazy to get it (but I was gonna do it someday or another though), but I finally did when I wanted to play with another Gaffer (who already had it). Don't know why they would feel the need to segregate people like that.

I'm definitely getting the DLC day 1. The implementation of it was silly, but the actual content it adds is substantial.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Probably just going to get it if everyone else does. Peer pressure at its finest.

Frogstep

Wait, really? That's... dumb, lol. If everyone else is caving in then that just makes my decision easier. Is this dlc cheap or something?

Niraj

Wait, really? That's... dumb, lol. If everyone else is caving in then that just makes my decision easier. Is this dlc cheap or something?

I think it's $8.

I'm totally feeling the effects of peer pressure too but man, this makes the total cost of the game up here in Canada pretty steep ($54).

Yeah, wish it was included. $48 for us I guess.

Zing

Banned
Fantasy Life was $35 at Futureshop. If you are a digital guy, Target had 25% off shop cards for an entire week. Canadians have no reason to complain.

I suspect I will get it. The "lock out" doesn't bother me. I don't plan on being frustrated with the online play. It seems very difficult to coordinate over internet unless you are on the phone or something. I can't imagine trying to type out anything of substance in real time. I'll be playing strictly local multiplayer.

I am happy to hear that streetpass is unaffected by DLC status. That was going to be a critical issue for me.

Azuran

Banned
Woooooooooooooo!
ipjENek.jpg

hTTBiWP.jpg

aHlmP4N.jpg

Yes! I'm so happy! I loved Daisy but Chrissy is going to be an awesome replacement for both my town and my heart. Hopefully she gets along with Flora <3

Oh yeah, I also completed this today, but that's secondary to Chrissy in my eyes :p
057iw2Q.jpg

p90KvHX.jpg

vTBjSSs.jpg

Aiustis

Didn't play for 2 months and no one left my town...I've decided that I need to start letting people move out if I am ever going to get other interesting characters.

Frogstep

It would have been cool if the pile of leaves was more bigger so we could lay down on it, like one would do in real life. Nobody has small piles like that just laying around for no reason. :p

Linius

It would have been cool if the pile of leaves was more bigger so we could lay down on it, like one would do in real life. Nobody has small piles like that just laying around for no reason. :p

My autumn room got a lot of piles of leaves all over the place :p

Elija2

Today is the 500th day since the North America release date. That can only mean one thing...

zlCfzSkqWbEnIGb3Tj

LARGEST TOWN TREE GET!

Phew, I can't believe I've been playing this game each day non-stop for 500 days. I'm gonna keep playing for a couple more days (I need to kick Apple out) but the time has almost come for me to retire my mayorship.

Anyone else max out their town tree today?

Niraj

Today is the 500th day since the North America release date. That can only mean one thing...

LARGEST TOWN TREE GET!

Phew, I can't believe I've been playing this game each day non-stop for 500 days. I'm gonna keep playing for a couple more days (I need to kick Apple out) but the time has almost come for me to retire my mayorship.

I suppose I did, but it honestly slipped my mind lol. Just went through my routine like usual. Guess I'll check.

LARGEST TOWN TREE GET!

I was wondering who would be first!! Congrats!!!

I know I missed a few days here and there. I'll post mine as soon as I get it. Hopefully won't be more than a week.

I'm not sure how many days I have to do anymore for 500 day tree ;__; stopped playing for a while and kind of don't wanna go back cause I left there with a villager pinging me etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom