• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which, isn't the AC Plaza supposed to be shutting down in a couple of months? I don't know why they aren't keeping it around until at least the Wii U game comes out.

Yeah I hope they release something for after it shuts down, they need something for all those HD models of the villagers, hopefully they'll extend it or make something off it. Kind of terrible that it's just a glorified popularity voting...I swear every survey Isabelle wins -__-;

Chopper

Congratulations to everyone who got their biggest tree! The one personal achievement I haven't got...

You Americans ready for some Fantasy Life action?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
NEVER AGAIN

I'll have to check my tree out when I get home.

Get out.

Congratulations to everyone who got their biggest tree! The one personal achievement I haven't got...

You Americans ready for some Fantasy Life action?

Definitely. You guys who have been playing have any tips for us lowly beginners?

I don't really see the point of a Wii U AC.

I'd probably get it, but I definitely wouldn't invest as much time into it. It'd probably have Amiibo support, so I'd buy some of those to display at least :p

Definitely. You guys who have been playing have any tips for us lowly beginners?
Check my OP, I've linked a redditor's hints and tip, covered any potential spoilers and if you have any questions feel free to ask here or the OT I'll try and answer what I can but there's plenty of people who knows more than me =P
Like I said Smash has basically kept me at level 34 or so XD

Niraj

Check my OP, I've linked a redditor's hints and tip, covered any potential spoilers and if you have any questions feel free to ask here or the OT I'll try and answer what I can but there's plenty of people who knows more than me =P
Like I said Smash has basically kept me at level 34 or so XD

Nobody reads OPs man. Get out of here.

Nobody reads OPs man. Get out of here.
tumblr_l6ht47A6s11qc073co1_400.gif

Edit: Here, hmph >=(
Hints and Tips from Redditor, OhGodAGirl (may contain spoilers, spoilers covered up here)
Bounties
  • You can use a mount while carrying a bounty (or three). Easy way to transport them to a clerk!
  • Dragons are needed for Paladin challenges, Wraiths for Magicians, Dinosaurs and Tasmanian Devil clones for Mercenaries, and Birds/everything else for Hunter Challenges. Switch your Life to the correct one right before you hand in a bounty!
  • Use the Guide Paladins! They give quick, easy transport that you can use with your bounties in tow.
  • All bounties (yes, all) have a 'treasure' drop - an item that is ridiculously rare. For instance, the Black Panther on Mt. Snowpeak has a chance to award a +4 STR necklace from his bounty, whereas the Killer Bee in the Drysand Desert can reward a high-quality needle for tailor. Even as a high level player, hand in everything!
Dosh and Coins
  • Need Dosh? Craft. Craft, craft, craft. Any top-quality item sells for an exuberant amount.
  • Save everything -
    Pam's Requests
    after the DLC is completed
    award two silver coins a day, and she asks for random (no, seriously, really random) things. I've had her request some Mutton Chops before, then next day she needed a High-Quality Azure Rose (Blacksmithing).
Bliss Bonuses
  • Not sure what to spend your bonuses on? Grab the maxed out bag first.
  • Ignore the armor-dye: you can only dye beginner sets, a select few tailoring sets, and the Hero-ranked Life sets. Pick up this perk last.
  • The Cinematic bonus only applies to the animated cutscenes; the little performance after mastering a life isn't viewable again.
  • Pets are very, very weak compared to allies; pick up the Life with Pets bonus only if you are role-playing or want dragons flapping around your house.
Allies
  • Queen Ophelia (unlocked during the start of the DLC, once you hit 50), King Erik and Fluffykin
    are re-donkulously overpowered.
    Queen Ophelia
    does critical damage. Take her everywhere!
  • Yuelia
    will heal you;
    Luigi Magnificus
    will apply a party-wide damage buff, armor buff and also heal you,
    in between cowering and begging for mercy at mobs (yes, he does this).
  • Friendship stat will increase the amount of special attacks a character will use, how likely they are to block an attack, their damage, their defense, and how smart they will play (for instance,
    Ophelia
    maxed out with 100 Friendship will sit around spamming whirlwinds of doom all day while chugging some potions).
  • Friendship increases from: days passed (in-game); completing bounties and handing them in; taking on boss nodes (Windstones, Elder Trees); killing bosses (e.g. Napdragon).
  • If you die and restart from your house or last save point, friendship will go down. Life Cures have no ill effects.
  • Always do something with your party members - if they are 'unimpressed' when they leave, their friendship will drop.
Lives
  • Unless you are roleplaying, pick up all gathering lives (woodcutter, miner, angler) in addition to your chosen life; most gathering challenges are simply to collect resources, which you can do regardless of what current Life you are in.
  • At Hero rank, you receive an
    exclusive class-only armor set for level 40
    . At Legend, you get a
    complimentary tool or weapon
    . You can not rebuy these, so be careful with them!
  • Achieving God-rank only gives you
    warm fuzzies, because Divinus is a scrooge.
Other
  • Have fun. This game has so much to do, but it will only stay interesting for as long as you keep making up personal goals (such as reaching max friendship with so many allies).
  • The Holiday Homes are worth it if you are just into the RPG aspect, as they are quick and easy transport.
  • Stats can be reset after you have finished the main story, in
    Al Majiik at night time. Head to the Library of Magic, and in the center, top floor, there will be a portal.
    It costs 30,000 dosh to reset.
  • You can get a variety of wonderful mounts from Lunares coins, for example,
    a crab, a unicorn, a deer and a dragon (and also Odin).

Now that I think about it I've ran into character limit to the OP, I'm not gonna be able to put all the passwords up hmmmmm =S

Zing

Banned
It appears in police station also. I was just wondering if I could order from a street pass, as I saw a home with a full set. I just checked and the answer is no.

Grizzo

As far as I know Sloppy only shows up in Re-Tail from a lazy villager.

It appears in police station also. I was just wondering if I could order from a street pass, as I saw a home with a full set. I just checked and the answer is no.

I still have absolutely no items from this set :(

I had Moth in my town but he left after two weeks so I didn't get a chance to buy one of his piece of furniture.

Niraj

I love you
in a strictly platonic forum way
, Niraj.

I'll take it.

I don't care if pets have sucky stats, I'm gonna make my fat green birdie a BEAST.

Lol. Work it.

Actually, initially, they're really handy, I only stopped using mine when other viable party members became available. So, like, 25 hours in.

Hmm alright, good to know.

As far as I know Sloppy only shows up in Re-Tail from a lazy villager.

Pieces can show up in Re-Tail or the police station, and villager personality doesn't factor in at all. It's just random. Unless a villager has the set in their home and you get them to relinquish the pieces, but generally they'll just show up.

Niraj

Sorry for the double post, but turnips are selling for 197 for the next two hours if anyone needs to sell. Not a great price but profitable at least.

Yeah, you can't buy sloppy and you can't buy the cardboard set (and in my experience I've seen far fewer cardboard pieces than sloppy). Cardboard is funny but I've had my eyes on sloppy ever since I seen it. It will ultimately be what I turn my upstairs into. However, I've been trying to collect it legit through trades and finding it in my own shop. Just a personal goal.
Sorry for the double post, but turnips are selling for 197 for the next two hours if anyone needs to sell. Not a great price but profitable at least.
I'm gonna take a gamble with your afternoon prices. :p

Nagrand update: I have Redd in my town today. No idea what he has as he's not open yet. Midge asked to leave on the 24th and I said yes. I've been down one villager for the past two and a half weeks though and I haven't seen a camper in a week and a half of that. I find that odd seeing as I have had visitors and have visited people and haven't been infected with someone new yet.

Zing

Banned
I keep forgetting that I actually bought turnips this time. I had 127 this morning. I'm hoping this afternoon is higher.

Whenever they make a next game, they need a public works display board that shows you the turnip price lol, annoying that you have to ask to get the prices -__-;

Elija2

Redd is selling a legit moving painting in my town if anyone wants to come buy it.

Also, turnips are selling for 181 bells in my town. Not much, but a bit better than everyone else's prices.

zigg

You don't need to bribe me to stay on my Twitter feed, Zigg. :p
Wait, so I grew all these peaches FOR NOTHING?!

EDIT: Timbra's moving… Timbra… who the heck is Timbra?

(anyone?)

EDIT AGAIN: Katrina's here! SHOCK

EDIT THE THIRD: I literally just now discovered the awesome sound that the balloon bed makes when you lie down on it because I'm hooked up to speakers tonight.

Niraj

Wait, so I grew all these peaches FOR NOTHING?!

EDIT: Timbra's moving… Timbra… who the heck is Timbra?

(anyone?)

EDIT AGAIN: Katrina's here! SHOCK

EDIT THE THIRD: I literally just now discovered the awesome sound that the balloon bed makes when you lie down on it because I'm hooked up to speakers tonight.

I guessed Timbra was a sheep, and was correct. I don't remember ever seeing her even in a dream town though.

Zing

Banned
I also received it. So tempting to play. I'll probably try it a bit when I get home.

DESPERATION MODE… my turnip price has tanked. I need a decent price. Anyone able to help?

I also received it. So tempting to play. I'll probably try it a bit when I get home.

DESPERATION MODE… my turnip price has tanked. I need a decent price. Anyone able to help?
My morning prices were 60... so I'm pretty sure my town is shot this week for good prices because I started at 96 and it's gone down since. :/
Anyone available for signatures before you all go off to Fantasy Life?
I'm not around now but I'll check back in the evening if you still need sigs.

A heads up... I don't think anyone would want Midge but she's in boxes today. Originally from Serenity (Robin64's town). Let me know if you want her and I can arrange a pickup time later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom