• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collete

I come into this topic and see people trying to get rid of octopi? What madness is this?!?!

It doesn't matter where they put there house, you'll love them forever and never let them go. AC octopi are like winning the lottery, DON'T BLOW IT.

You don't understand!
He refuses to leave!
And I'm trying to make an all horse town so I got no time for Octavian messing up my carnations D:

Zing

Banned
I enjoy watering my flowers, at least since getting the silver and gold can.

Do gold roses ever wilt? I havea been ignoring my town due to
Fantasy
life keeping me busy, and they have yet to wilt.

Collete

Also can anyone help with me catching a giant snakehead?
It says to look into the very large lake...but when I look at my pond nothing's there. I feel I'm doing something wrong.

Also can anyone help with me catching a giant snakehead?
It says to look into the very large lake...but when I look at my pond nothing's there. I feel I'm doing something wrong.
If I remember correctly, I just fished every large shadow I saw. I eventually got it (don't remember where) but it was one of the trickier fish for me to find too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Once you get two blue roses it is easy sailing from there. Actually I found breeding red roses a pain because I kept getting black roses. Ended up playing island tour games to nab them from the island.

Collete

Also I happened to find the giant snakehead near the fat portion of my lake. It's actually not in a pond.

I think it appears during june to august between 9am - 4pm

I'm a few months behind everyone else, so I was technically in August when I posted that. Now I'm in September! Weather changes, here I come!

Sorry for the double post, but perfect cherries are selling for extra in my town today.

Ooooooh I really wanna come and sell my stuff but I'm too depressed about trying to find a walking leaf....T_T

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Does anyone know if you can scare villagers if they're in their houses but it's their move-in day?

Usually if there are boxes in their house, you can't do much of anything with them. So I'd guess you wouldn't be able to. If I remember correctly though, it's possible to get creepy furniture with candy, it's just more likely you'll get spooky furniture. So you might be fine without 10 lollipops.

Ways to distinguish Jack from other villagers?

His pumpkinhead is a different color and he's a different shape than most villagers. As informative as some of these articles are, they make it all sound more complicated than it is. It's a pretty fun and easy event with lots of duplicates of everything in the end.

I wasn't sure if I was going to do it again or not but now I kind of want to. If only for the great music.

His pumpkinhead is a different color and he's a different shape than most villagers. As informative as some of these articles are, they make it all sound more complicated than it is. It's a pretty fun and easy event with lots of duplicates of everything in the end.

I wasn't sure if I was going to do it again or not but now I kind of want to. If only for the great music.
I've been enjoying the 3DS theme with that music. Really hoping the other holidays get covered as well.

Grizzo

So Hamphrey told me he was gonna leave my town like one week ago, I told him "ok, sure" and I haven't booted up the game since then.

So my question is (if I get this right): until I play Animal Crossing again, nobody else is gonna leave my town? Just Hamphrey? Is that right?

Collete

Hey, does anybody wanna come on over and help me dig out cut down bamboo roots and things underground? (You can keep whatever you dig up by the way, whether it's gyroids, fossils etc)

I'm trying to redo the town
(and also see the ground so I can find the dang walking leaf and scorpion...)
and it's taking me ages.
If no one wants to come it's fine, left the town gates open.

Hey, does anybody wanna come on over and help me dig out cut down bamboo roots and things underground? (You can keep whatever you dig up by the way, whether it's gyroids, fossils etc)

I'm trying to redo the town
(and also see the ground so I can find the dang walking leaf and scorpion...)
and it's taking me ages.
If no one wants to come it's fine, left the town gates open.

I have some time to kill and wouldn't mind some free stuff :p

I don't have you added though, my FC is in my profile.

Azuran

Banned
Are all the different masks needed for today's event? I never got a werewolf mask, and I'm planning on doing it without a guide, so I have no idea.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Are all the different masks needed for today's event? I never got a werewolf mask, and I'm planning on doing it without a guide, so I have no idea.

It depends on your villagers honestly. Each (animal type+personality type) is afraid of a different mask, so if you were lucky enough to not have any that are afraid of werewolves, you'll be fine.

Grexeno

It depends on your villagers honestly. Each (animal type+personality type) is afraid of a different mask, so if you were lucky enough to not have any that are afraid of werewolves, you'll be fine.
And if you do end up needing a werewolf mask, you can get it from Jack in exchange for candy.

Azuran

Banned
Depends on which villagers you have. This should help.

lol lol. of course Curlos of all people decides to mess things up. Way to go!

And if you do end up needing a werewolf mask, you can get it from Jack in exchange for candy.

That's good to know. My OCD side was going a bit crazy these past few days.

So Hamphrey told me he was gonna leave my town like one week ago, I told him "ok, sure" and I haven't booted up the game since then.

So my question is (if I get this right): until I play Animal Crossing again, nobody else is gonna leave my town? Just Hamphrey? Is that right?

Correct. Presuming he agreed to leave and didn't change his mind on the spot.

Collete

Does anyone have tips on finding walking leafs?
I can't for the life of me find one...It's raining and I haven't seen one for like 3 TT'ing months...

Had a productive visit with colette. Thanks for free stuff. Man it is hard to type, though lol.

You're welcome.
I gave up collecting gyroids anyways, I dunno how Chopper did it XD

Azuran

Banned
I can't for the life of me find one...It's raining and I haven't seen one for like 3 TT'ing months..

Just walk around and pray to the goddess of luck. They're not really rare like scorpions or tarantulas as I always have a couple pop up in 1 or 2 hours of play.

I can't for the life of me find one...It's raining and I haven't seen one for like 3 TT'ing months...

You're welcome.
I gave up collecting gyroids anyways, I dunno how Chopper did it XD

are walking leaves the ones where you shake a tree and the new leaf symbol turns into it? in which case I'm not really sure if there is a tactic for it. I'm not even sure if you can get them if you've already gotten the furniture from trees that day.

Azuran

Banned
are walking leaves the ones where you shake a tree and the new leaf symbol turns into it? in which case I'm not really sure if there is a tactic for it. I'm not even sure if you can get them if you've already gotten the furniture from trees that day.

Nah, you don't need to shake trees for them to pop up. They spawn on the ground just like crickets and hoppers.

Grizzo

Correct. Presuming he agreed to leave and didn't change his mind on the spot.

Yes he agreed! He said he'll always remember me as a friend (dawww) but that he would leave on the 26th.

So I hope I'm still good and no one else decided to leave since that day!

Have you tried playing Fantasy Life? >.>

haha the chat in Fantasy Life really is awful isn't it?

you can barely type enough words to make yourself clear (even while using short words)

Zing

Banned
I assume you can only get two lollipops? The villagers just give me the same hints. Although my daughter came to my town and can get lollipops here as well. So if you town hop you can get multiples.

I assume you can only get two lollipops? The villagers just give me the same hints. Although my daughter came to my town and can get lollipops here as well. So if you town hop you can get multiples.

1 from each villager and you can travel, as you learned.

It's explained in the link Niraj posted.

Fill up most of your inventory with bell bags and then carry some junk like fruit or shells and then lose a game.

Thanks. And I realized I'm missing the regular pumpkin head.

I spent like 2 hours and still missing more than half the creepy items. Pretty exhausting event, though it's quite well done.

EDIT: switched to other chars to get more lollipops and now Jack doesn't even show up on my main. WTF.

Whelp, it's 12. Game royally screwed me by making Jack never show up so I'm missing these if anybody wants to trade:
creepy bat stone
creepy cauldron
creepy clock
creepy statue
creepy wall
creepy floor

To trade/giveaway:
creepy skeleton
lollipop x6
old wallpaper x2
old flooring x5
patched shirt
jack-in-the-box
green-pumpkin head x2
purple-pumpkin head

Whelp, it's 12. Game royally screwed me by making Jack never show up so I'm missing these if anybody wants to trade:
creepy bat stone
creepy cauldron
creepy clock
creepy statue
creepy wall
creepy floor

To trade/giveaway:
creepy skeleton
lollipop x6
old wallpaper x2
old flooring x5
patched shirt
jack-in-the-box
green-pumpkin head x2
purple-pumpkin head

are you sure you didn't just confuse him for a villager lol?

are you sure you didn't just confuse him for a villager lol?

Isn't he the only one with the orange head? After I switched to my main I had about 8 lollipops, he only appeared once in like 40 minutes. I only could get the pumpkin head in this time.

EDIT: maybe you need to play x number of games with villagers between him showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom