• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

I pray he shows up again when you do have space. I cry every time someone misses out on the chance to invite a froggy into their town. :(
The camper mechanic is just............so assholish. What even is the point of letting campers show up when you can't invite them?

The camper mechanic is just............so assholish. What even is the point of letting campers show up when you can't invite them?
It's a way to meet more villagers you might not see otherwise. I do agree that it's crap you can't influence them for future move-ins though if you don't have room now.

The camp also has some mini games which I believe offers exclusive items. Also it's one of the various ways to make a ridiculous amount of money by playing those games.

Spikeboy

Neo Member
Not really related to the campsite, but I've been playing this lately after getting it for Christmas last year and I've found out it's actually fun.
But, anyway, Chrissy is moving out of my town tomorrow. Does anyone want her? My friend code is in my profile.

Grexeno

Not really related to the campsite, but I've been playing this lately after getting it for Christmas last year and I've found out it's actually fun.
But, anyway, Chrissy is moving out of my town tomorrow. Does anyone want her? My friend code is in my profile.
I hear Collete is in the market for Chrissy.

*snrk*

Frogstep

Lol, yeah it does suck when someone camps in that you immediately become attached only to realize that you have a full town. Like eudaemonic said, it's also a great way to meet the other various villagers that exist in the game.

An option that influences how often a favorite camper visits your town would have been the greatest thing ever. Being able to talk other towns campers into camping at your town next would also have been nice.

Niraj, got Leif in town if you want to pick weeds (50).

Oh, and if I wasn't obvious enough... I want Erik if you can get him to move, Allan.

Frothing demand.

Sure, you can have him, but he never even pinged me to move (he was the latest villager for a good while, but no longer the case) I like him but already have two other lazy villagers (Zucker/Drago) and need a snooty one (Whitney or Amelia)

stump shrooms are a separate thing. November has 6 random shrooms per day between or near trees. One shroom will actually be a mush item.

Oh, haven't seen any grow around trees yet.

Stitches was one of my Wild World favourites and I remember having him as a camper the day before Deena was moving.
He couldn't move in and I haven't seen him again :(

I always thought it would be cool if there was a villager/visitor log-book in the town hall and every character you have as a camper or cafe customer was logged.
Maybe even those you meet in dream towns too.
Then you could recruit anybody you've previously met to move in when you have an open space.
It would add a cool 'gotta catch them all' incentive to the game too, as I for sure would want to add every single villager to my book :)

Zing

Banned
I know most of you are catalog maniacs, but I just can't bring myself to spend 4000 bells on useless harvest furniture. I already have my house pretty much how I want it. Yeah, I'd get the season HHA bonus but damn if I want to rearrange all my stuff. It was the same way with the spooky set. It's cute and all that, but ultimately it's a waste of money.

The mush stuff, though, is neat and actually a minor accomplishment to collect. And it's free. ;)

Man, my nip prices this week...

75, 65, 139, 105, 118, 122, 133

I feel like I should just sell this morning and be done with it but another part of me is greedy and goes... that's it?

Zing

Banned
I had my first sheep villager in campsite this morning. Can't accept even though I have a slot free. I fear that means I am getting someone from streetpass soon.

Elija2

Can anyone who doesn't have oranges as their native fruit open up for a bit? I've been hoarding perfect oranges for too long and I've run out of space to keep them all so I wanna sell some of them.

EDIT: Also, turnips are selling in my town for 213 bells. Is that a good price?

Unicorn

80%, thankfully

Are DLC items included in the list? I just recently got the 50% one badge.

Last year I didn't play during this time due to school, so Oct. - Jan. Are basically new experiences for me this year. This time school is so hectic I am escaping to AC haha

Azuran

Banned
Finally manage to cut down every single tree in my town just so I can restart everything over from scratch. I was planning on doing this months ago, but a complete town makeover is so much work.

Oh yeah, also pretty annoying that I have to wait till March to complete my deep sea encyclopedia :/

Zing

Banned
Can anyone who doesn't have oranges as their native fruit open up for a bit? I've been hoarding perfect oranges for too long and I've run out of space to keep them all so I wanna sell some of them.

EDIT: Also, turnips are selling in my town for 213 bells. Is that a good price?
I can open my gates for you in a few minutes. I have bell boom going so that should help you also.

Edit: gates are open now. I'm AFK for the next hour but you are free to come anytime.

Elija2

I can open my gates for you in a few minutes. I have bell boom going so that should help you also.

Edit: gates are open now. I'm AFK for the next hour but you are free to come anytime.

Thanks for opening up! Here's hoping someone gets a perfect orange premium before my storage fills up again.

Finally manage to cut down every single tree in my town just so I can restart everything over from scratch. I was planning on doing this months ago, but a complete town makeover is so much work.

Oh yeah, also pretty annoying that I have to wait till March to complete my deep sea encyclopedia :/
I remember having that wait too. Now I have nearly a year over a scorpion. :/

Nice to see you in here, by the way. How have you been holding up?

Azuran

Banned
I remember having that wait too. Now I have nearly a year over a scorpion. :/

Nice to see you in here, by the way. How have you been holding up?

I'm still feeling down, and probably will for a while, but I'm feeling a little bit better compared to a a couple of days ago. This game has been a big help in easing some of the pain (along with GAF ofc :), so I been playing it a lot while I'm on bereavement leave from school. There's just something about Isabelle greeting me when I turn on my game that makes me smile for a bit in a time like this.

Thanks for asking. It's tough but I'm tackling it little by little every day. Oh yeah, thanks for also posting in my thread. Your words along with the others certainly helped a lot.

Zing

Banned
Thanks for opening up! Here's hoping someone gets a perfect orange premium before my storage fills up again.
Thanks for the donation. My Stonehenge is almost complete. This is the second time I have tried building it. First time I got halfway through, then someone moved out and I wanted to place it where their house was.

I'm still feeling down, and probably will for a while, but I'm feeling a little bit better compared to a a couple of days ago. This game has been a big help in easing some of the pain (along with GAF ofc :), so I been playing it a lot while I'm on bereavement leave from school. There's just something about Isabelle greeting me when I turn on my game that makes me smile for a bit in a time like this.

Thanks for asking. It's tough but I'm tackling it little by little every day. Oh yeah, thanks for also posting in my thread. Your words along with the others certainly helped a lot.
Yeah, it's good to have something comforting to go to. Little world away from things that stays simple. *hugs* If you need anything, just say the word.

Dak'kon

Hi guys. I started playing New Leaf a couple of months ago. I was going to wait until I'd sorted out my town a bit more before going online but Reese is buying turnips for 489 bells this afternoon so I guess now's as good a time as any.

So if anyone wants to come over then let me know. My friend code's in my profile, all I need to do is talk to Porter and open my gates, right?

Hi guys. I started playing New Leaf a couple of months ago. I was going to wait until I'd sorted out my town a bit more before going online but Reese is buying turnips for 489 bells this afternoon so I guess now's as good a time as any.

So if anyone wants to come over then let me know. My friend code's in my profile, all I need to do is talk to Porter and open my gates, right?
Holy crap! Yes please!! You're an angel!

Just need to add me as well (also in profile). :D

Edit: Thanks again for opening up! Slowly moving closer to my goal!

Niraj, are you actually a sentient 3DS system? How do you have the time to be so amazing at multiple timesink games at once, unless you are, in fact, a 3DS yourself. Tell us your secrets.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Niraj, are you actually a sentient 3DS system? How do you have the time to be so amazing at multiple timesink games at once, unless you are, in fact, a 3DS yourself. Tell us your secrets.

lol, well these days I'm not playing much New Leaf, just my usual routine, or when people need help with something. I basically just played Smash til I finished the challenges, and was so annoyed at getting the last couple hats that I haven't played much since Fantasy Life came out(and didn't play more than a handful of online games). I've been playing a lot of Fantasy Life, of course. Oh, and haven't really played much Hyrule Warriors since Smash. So I'm pretty much just playing one thing at a time, while neglecting my Steam library.

lol, well these days I'm not playing much New Leaf, just my usual routine, or when people need help with something. I basically just played Smash til I finished the challenges, and was so annoyed at getting the last couple hats that I haven't played much since Fantasy Life came out(and didn't play more than a handful of online games). I've been playing a lot of Fantasy Life, of course. Oh, and haven't really played much Hyrule Warriors since Smash. So I'm pretty much just playing one thing at a time, while neglecting my Steam library.
I feel like you're everywhere quality 3DS games are. You're always helping people here too. You're a national treasure FYI.

Man. Someone's Rolf invaded my town and set up shop right next to my ReTail. I give up ever having a clear path to Reese again.

I've been picking my mushrooms off and on and saving the furniture for anyone who needs it. I already have a full set from last year.

Lastly, I still don't have my 500 day tree. I missed more days than I thought. :/

Unicorn

I hate 7PM music, but that remix is great.

Ribbot is camping. I have too many jock neighbors. Can he move to another town when he's just camping or is it only my opportunity to nab him?

I have a ton of red carnations, but just learned there are pink and white. Does anyone want red carnations for a couple pink ones?

Also, I want Henry and Beardo. I don't have a smug, big sister, or lazy neighbor.

I've been getting Mush furniture slowly but surely this month. My cabin house is coming along nicely. I am missing some modern wood pieces, one totem pole (bear, eagle, raven), and patchwork items (have chair, sofa, lamp, big table), (as well as most mush, obviously).

MicH

9AM music is god-like. My absolute favorite tune in this game

Also, I got my absolute first StreetPass for this game recently. Awesome

Linius

Come to think of it, 11pm was also fantastic. Probably because I also played a lot when I went to bed around that time. These tunes never get old.

I really need to get back in a little more :p

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I love most of the night ones personally, even if they're kind of sad. Can't name them all off the top of my head though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom